General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 233/200/145

Height: 5'6

oooh mine doesn't use most of that. mine just requires: 1 bottle of unsweetened apple sauce, sliced apples, oats cinnamon and pop it in the oven. what's your exact recipe for that one, I kinda wanna try it, just to see which one taste better...
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

My recipe is actually Apple Bake, not Apple crisp. Not sure if it's the same thing or not.

1 cup of oatmeal
1 apple, cored and sliced
cinnamon to taste
splenda
I can't believe it's not butter spray -- 2 servings worth

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 ins, dependent upon the thickness of your apple slices.

I ended up making oatmeal banana cookies instead of this. They were actually pretty good.
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:03 AM   #168  

omg?!!!??!! Banana oatmeal cookies?!!!!! <---------------------------WITH BANANA?!!!

Last edited by PrimeTime; 09-09-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #169  

Yes! They were pretty yummy!
I felt like they might miss something but they were still good.

1 cup uncooked (old fashioned) oatmeal
1/4 tsp salt
1 ripe mashed banana..the riper the better
1 egg white (or 1/4 cup egg sub)
2 packets of splenda
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp almond extract

Mix the ingredients together and spoon by teaspoon into cookie sheet (I spray with Pam) cook 10-15 minutes in 350 degrees preheated oven.

I'm thinking of making more actually. lol!
Today, me and my sister might be going to the bar and do some karaoke. I'm going to be drinking water (this is probably going to be hard).
Old 09-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #170  

I did EXCELLENT! I craved a few times (many times for ice cream yesterday) but my sisters were helping me and I stayed away from it. I ate excellent yesterday and today it's already 2:22PM and I'm doing great! There are times when I REALLY feel like cheating though but I somehow stop myself. I'm very proud of myself for yesterday. All I drank was water and I was the designated driver.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #171  

I weighed in this morning at 176.0 meaning 3.4 lbs lost so far and I'm on day 6 today, getting close to the end of Phase 1. I can't wait to get cheese, cereal & meat again! I haven't been too good on my exercise part. I need to step it up. I was originally supposed to do P90X but I don't have much energy for it so I'm going to start walking with the dog.
I tried a few recipes this weekend. I tried the Apple Bake that I posted. I didn't have the spray fake butter so it was REALLY dry. So I tried adding a yogurt to a portion and oh god, is it ever good! I add the vanilla activia. It's really good and filling. I also tried the pizza for phase 1. That was terrible! I only ate half, threw out the rest and made myself a smoothie. I haven't ate my spaghetti squash yet. Hoping to do that tonight. I'm getting some tomatoes and a few more ingredients and going to do some tomato basil soup for the rest of the week for lunch. Sounds yummy! We shall see. Anyways, it's getting a lot easier. I'm not craving as much. My boyfriend still eats what he usually eats. It's not as tempting as before but the temptation is still there. I also haven't had my normal iced coffee since I started this diet. I thought it would've been tougher but it's not that bad. Things are going great! I'm finishing phase 1 on Thursday so Friday is going to be a good day I think. (MEAT!!) I hope it doesn't stall my weight loss though.

How are you doing PrimeTime? Still going strong? What day are you up to?

Last edited by SophieCormier; 09-12-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #172  

You go girl!! You can do it! As long as you stick to the lean meats you'll be fine. This last week I didn't lose any weight, but my body is changing and I lost quite a few inches.

Last edited by PrimeTime; 09-12-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #173  

Lost inches are even better than pounds! Congrats!
I'm REALLY feeling good today. No cravings, and I'm just feeling awesome! It's pretty dark and I think it's going to rain so I guess no walk for me today. I bought all my ingredients to do the tomato basil soup. I hope it's good. I'm really counting on this soup for the rest of my lunches during the detox phase which is 3 days. I bought more apples to do the apple bake again. I'm going to do the same thing and add the yogurt to it afterwards. It's SOOOO good! You have no idea. I had it for dinner tonight LOL! I didn't feel like eating something hot so that's what I did. I'll have a fruit smoothie later on. I'm going to weigh in again tomorrow morning. I think that puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day when I see it go down
Old 09-13-2011, 05:53 AM   #174  

Weighed in at 175.0! YAY! One lb less than yesterday! This is soooo encouraging to me. Yesterday I was such in a happy mood. I cleaned the whole house. If you would know me, I'm always down and HATE cleaning. But yesterday, I actually enjoyed it. I hope I have one of those days today.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #175  

I wasn't able to do my soup yesterday because the recipe called for 2 cups of Basil and I only had a bit in my spice rack (2 CUPS?! That's a lot of basil!). I'll finish it tonight. I had done everything else and when I came to the last thing, basil, I had to put it on hold. The pot is chilling in my fridge. hehe! I bought some peaches today for snacks. I also bought some veggie cheese & hot dogs. I'm going to try both tonight for dinner. I'm counting the days to the end of phase 1, only 2 days to go and I'll be on to phase 2. Can't wait! I still need to stay clear of alcohol. I usually love to drink so I'm staying clear from that. I'm going at my sister's this weekend, I hope I'll behave. She said she wouldn't feed me junk food. Let's hope not!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:59 AM   #176  

I forgot to do my tomato basil soup yesterday so I tried finishing it this morning while getting ready for work. The recipe asked to put half of the soup in a blender to mush up the tomatoes I guess and put it back in the soup. I put it in the blender when it was still boiling. Well... when I turned on the blender, I was holding on to the lid but I guess not enough, the soup went flying everywhere. It even went on my arms which REALLY hurt! I still hurts even hours after... You should've seen the mess everywhere. There was basil everywhere. Anyways, I won't be attempting this soup again. I probably should've waited till the soup was cool before putting in blender (recipe didn't state that). So, I've decided that I would find another soup that didn't involve blenders. LOL!
I weighed in this morning at 175.0. Doesn't surprise me because my TOM should be starting tomorrow so that could affect my weight a bit.
Yesterday, I bought some veggie sliced cheese. It tasted almost exactly like regular sliced cheese. I made myself a egg white omelet and added that cheese in it. It was delicious! I also made some veggie hot dogs but those were nasty. Garbage again! I ended up making myself a fruit smoothie after my omelette. Another good day yesterday. No exercise though sadly...
Old 09-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #177  

Oh wow reading this was like an emotional rollercoaster!! Haha, yeah I just started TOM yesterday!! Even though you didn't go to the gym you still managed to eat right and that's 80% of the battle right there. The tomato and basil soup was tragic, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it again. 175 is awesome!! That's how much I want to weigh by January 1st!!!! Next week I'm going to start being more restrective, I'm not ok with not losing weight for another weigh-in. Therefore, it's GO TIME!!! Do you really think TOM has that much of an effect on weight?
Old 09-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #178  

Yeah, I had tougher days than others LOL!
I think TOM affects some people for a couple of days. I know I can bloat and be heavier but it'll go back down soon so it's no biggie.
For the Tomato Basil soup, it scared me too much. It still burns. I'll try something easier lol. Plus it made a **** of a mess in my kitchen, holy cow! Today and tomorrow to go and then I can add meat & cereal again to my diet So happy but scared at the same time. My weight loss won't be as fast but I knew that already. I still can't believe how easy it gets after a while. It's so easy the way of eating once you eliminate the cravings. Tonight, I should be doing my spaghetti squash but I know I'll probably end up doing egg white omelette again because it was good I also want to do my apple bake.

Also, I don't have anything for lunch so I'll have to go buy those tomato soup to go cup thingie. There's probably ingredients that I shouldn't be having but I don't think it's that bad. There's no potatoes or noodles in it. I'll have that with a yogurt.

Last edited by SophieCormier; 09-14-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #179  

well what kind of a store are you going to?Maybe you could buy salad ingredients and keep the rest at work. The soup isn't that bad but if you can get less processed items, do.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #180  

I'm going to the grocery store. I can't do salads sadly. I just HATE the taste of it. Also, I think it makes me hungry even more and right now, my stomach is just screaming for food. I have lunch in 30 mins. I'll see what else there is and if nothing, that's what I'll buy.