General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:29 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey primetime,
I'm restarting cycle 1 today, and doing Y (gamma) plan and doing everything to a T. That's the only way I will have results I believe. Last week, if I cheated just a little, despite doing all the gamma exercising, I only lost half a pound. So gonna restart with full force! Let's encourage each other along the way!

My starting weight now is 153.5. Hoping to lose 4 pounds this next 7 days. Hope it works!!
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:21 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 233/200/145

Height: 5'6

Awesome, I'm restarting on Sunday, I'm not taking a break from dieting but I am going to be eating freely within limits friday and saturday. Hopefully I see more progress! And yes, we should encourage each other! I really hope next week I can hit the 4lb mark.
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:12 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
Awesome, I'm restarting on Sunday, I'm not taking a break from dieting but I am going to be eating freely within limits friday and saturday. Hopefully I see more progress! And yes, we should encourage each other! I really hope next week I can hit the 4lb mark.
Hey PrimeTime, i don't know if this helps, but what I also do in my free time, if bored, I go online and read all the good reviews on Amazon about the book, and how so many people lost 4 pounds in their first week. It's really motivating! Also, I strongly encourage you to stay on plan, and don't go beyond what the book says to do. Last week, I would cheat here and there, not insanely though, and I didn't see results, like only half a pound lost. The Y gamma plan is what I'm doing, and I'll probably end up doing even more exercise than called for, like 15-30 min extra each day, just to make sure I'm doing enough cardio.

LET'S SMASH THE FAT!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #79  

Well, it's not that I don't do they plan. But, I do follow the days exactly! Do I have to eat what the book says for that day? I'm eating the food on the plan just not in any particular grouping or order! But yeah, i'll go look at the book reviews that sounds very helpful.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:02 PM   #80  

Oh gosh, I was reading some of the reviews and I need to go back and read the plan again because the only reason I have been only losing 2lbs a week is because I've been eating a little more than what I was supposed to Yikes! As I'm reading, I have alot of things to re-evaluate! Thanks for the tip!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:27 PM   #81  

Quote:
Oh gosh, I was reading some of the reviews and I need to go back and read the plan again because the only reason I have been only losing 2lbs a week is because I've been eating a little more than what I was supposed to Yikes! As I'm reading, I have alot of things to re-evaluate! Thanks for the tip!
Are you doing Extreme or Regular Fat Smash? I don't remember what the regular calls for in terms of size, but the Extreme does emphasize quantity, like 4 ounces of fish = checkbook, 1 serving of veggies = small fist, etc. I have been using my measuring cups for everything. Yeah, the portions are small, but if you eat every 2 hours, you won't be hungry. And eat the "free snacks" or add them to your meals for more substance.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #82  

Yeah I need to do that and I'm doing the extreme fat smash diet right now. I should pay closer attention.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:10 PM   #83  

Just finished eating / exercising for Day #1. Here's how it went...

Day 1:

Breakfast: 2 egg whites, small apple, 1 large cup coffee w/ creamer
Meal 2: 1 cup fruit (1/2 pear, 1 kiwi, blueberries)
Snack 1: Baby carrots w/ lowfat dressing
Meal 3: Small Kale Salad, 3 T yogurt
Snack 2: 1/2 pear, 1 pickle
Meal 4: 1/2 cup curried chickpeas, 1 serving of veggies w/ tomato sauce, 1 hard boiled egg white
Dessert: I know not allowed...oh well...1/3 cup yogurt with coconut flakes

Exercise: 70 min of cardio (treadmill 30 min, 40 min stairclimber)

-----

I hope I don't eat for the rest of today. I know I didn't drink enough water, so if I get hungry I guess I'll just be having water, maybe with some lemon.

I just want day 1 to be over with, hoping to lose a pound by tomorrow. Sorry I'm grumpy. lol

Last edited by Beila; 03-31-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #84  

Wow that food sounds pretty awsome! did you get hungry! If you keep this up you'll lose 4lbs for sure!

I think i'm going to get a bag of carrots and dip them in spicy honey mustard. instead of fat free dressing. or regular mustard, because following the plan to a T, I'm gonna need carrots pickles and all the egg whites I can get. I'm always hungry lol!

Good job on ur first day! I'll have a food/program update for u on sunday!!

Keep it up!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #85  

Prime time,

Just thought I'd share some tips since this is my second, (or third) go around of this cycle this year!

The food is not that great, but spices make all the difference. For example, the chickpeas cooked with a little almond milk and curry powder, parsley, cayenne pepper, flakes, smallest tad of butter, dash of salt, makes a nice indian dish! Also, for my yogurt and oatmeal, i put cinnamon (which also boosts metabolism 20x supposedly). When I have to munch, (usually while I cook) the carrots and celery sticks come in handy. It also fills me up before I eat the meal I cook. The pickles are a free snack, but I try to only eat one every 3 days or so cause they have tons of salt and will make you bloated and not show weight loss from the water retention. Adding one hard boiled egg to foods also tastes good, like in coocked veggies, the salads, or cooked into oatmeal. My favorite snack is popcorn! I buy it in the bag already popped. It's like my binge food, since I can eat almost 2 cups for the 100 cal snacks! Day 1 is tough, but each day after gets so much easier.

Good luck!
Old 04-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #86  

Hey all, how we smashin?

So here's how my day 2 went:

Breakfast: 6 oz greek yogurt, 1 apple
Meal 2: small spinach salad with 3T lowfat dressing, grape tomatoes, 1 persian cucumber
Snack 1: baby carrots
Meal 3: 4 oz baked salmon, 1/2 cup curried chick peas
Snack 2: big bag of popcorn (I know its too much, should have had only one serving, but I ended up having 4!)
Meal 4: 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 serving veggies
Snack 3: not allowed, but was hungry again...1/2 cup yogurt 1/2 banana

Exercise: 50 min jog/walk in AM, 40 min elliptical in PM

---

I feel like I cheated to much yesterday seeing the extra food I ate. Today I'm just going to try to stay on track and follow the diet to a T, I didn't lose weight since yesterday, and feel bad about the cheating. I hope to lose a pound by tomorrow so I gotta stay on track today.

Will report day 3 later!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #87  

The extra food you had wasn't that bad, but maybe instead of having yougurt make this: cup of berries that are frozen, but them in the blender with vanilla soy milk light spoon of honey. It really hits the spot!

cheat weekend is coming to a close! I went to the gym to burn off my cals from the buffet I went to on friday. I burned 2100 cals doing cardio at thr gym and lifted weights for 40 min. As of today I haven't gained any weight. I was OUT OF CONTROL!! It's back to the grind on sunday!!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #88  

Quote:
The extra food you had wasn't that bad, but maybe instead of having yougurt make this: cup of berries that are frozen, but them in the blender with vanilla soy milk light spoon of honey. It really hits the spot!

cheat weekend is coming to a close! I went to the gym to burn off my cals from the buffet I went to on friday. I burned 2100 cals doing cardio at thr gym and lifted weights for 40 min. As of today I haven't gained any weight. I was OUT OF CONTROL!! It's back to the grind on sunday!!
2100 cals! That's insane! what do you do to get to that amount? Like how long? So stoked for you to start tomorrow! The food is better Day 3 (today for me)! Thanks for the berry smothie trick! That should hold me over next tmie!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #89  

Girl I made myself stay at the gym for 3 and a half hours I figured if the ppl on biggest loser can so it, so can I! They usually do it for 5hrs! I decided to binge so, I should decide to stay at the gym. I am determined to lose weight. This time around I have resolved to hold myself accountable for working out. Normally if I binge, I dnt work out, what's the point right? I realized there is a point. I can it what ever I want, I'm just going to have to WORK.

Also, for the smoothie if you want it to be bigger add ice cubes. but normally I use frozen berries.

I had pizza today and fee really guilty. But as long as the scale doesn't change, I'm good. Tomorrow morning I'm hittin the gym hard and fat smashing harder!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #90  

Quote:
Girl I made myself stay at the gym for 3 and a half hours I figured if the ppl on biggest loser can so it, so can I! They usually do it for 5hrs! I decided to binge so, I should decide to stay at the gym. I am determined to lose weight. This time around I have resolved to hold myself accountable for working out. Normally if I binge, I dnt work out, what's the point right? I realized there is a point. I can it what ever I want, I'm just going to have to WORK.

Also, for the smoothie if you want it to be bigger add ice cubes. but normally I use frozen berries.

I had pizza today and fee really guilty. But as long as the scale doesn't change, I'm good. Tomorrow morning I'm hittin the gym hard and fat smashing harder!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!
There's another smoothie recipe on here and other really awesome ones to help you next week!

CHECK IT OUT!!! I'm sooo stoked about making some of these!
http://www.thismamacooks.com/extremefatsmashrecipes

She even puts the calorie amounts.

You're such a trooper to workout BL style! I have tried, the best I could do is like 1100 cals at the gym for 2 hours. Also, maybe breaking it up would help too, like do the workout AM and PM so it gives you after burn affect. I'm gonna try to do that tomorrow. I just got Jillian's 6 week abs DVD from the library, gonna try that every other day next week.