Old 06-18-2009, 03:13 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5ft7

Okeedokie, I am having trouble with my weight ticker. I followed the directions. Opened up 2 windows 1. signature2. wieght ticker. Then I copied and pasted into the large signature box. but it doesn't show the weight picture just shows &^&$#$@#@# ya know
Blondie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #302  

O wait my bad it worked
Old 06-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #303  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Blondie: LOL... I never could figure out the ticker from 3fc (how to change the weight), so I went for the one I have instead.

Delphi: I am not sure...See the right side is sore, but a normal sore like the workout kicked my bum sort of thing. The left side is more like I can't even hold something heavy because I'm afraid it's going to fall. I will rest the arm for the rest of today and tomorrow and hopefully it will get better.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #304  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekster View Post
LaurenA- It is a Salsa Crunch video. I remembered how much fun the ballroom class I took 3 years ago was and I found this video on Amazon for $2 so I figured what the heck. Its a nice workout that uses lots of hip movement (obviously haha) and is a lot of fun.
That does sound like a lot of fun, maybe i'll look into it, thanks a bunch Gekster!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #305  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Boy what a chatty bunch today....sorry, didn't read EVERYTHING. I am wondering though, does anybody work? Or is 3FC what ya do WHILE you are working? I could go online if I wanted at work, and do sometimes but was really busy this week. Having said that, if I got on 3FC during work, I wouldn't get ANYTHING else done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisempire View Post
Jaque9999-Considering the fact you are even thinking about a bikini... means you are doing something right! You look fantastic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newshinyme View Post
Jacque: Still waiting for those pictures
I am so feeling the pressure. It's not fair because TOM is coming and I am feeling yucky!!! But I promised. BF will be here tomorrow and WE WILL take pics....just for you gals!! Of course I did tell him that we would be doing that and he said he wanted his own "special" collection. I don't think so. Of course he is technically challenged so I doubt any would end up on the web but I am not willing to take the chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie32 View Post
O wait my bad it worked

Yea......congrats...getting a ticker in your signature is the best feeling!!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #306  

Hey Girly's had a great lunch workout(Billy Blanks tie bo) My legs are already burning
Old 06-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Ok honestly ladies, it's only been 6 hours since I last checked!

MS. P - that's some positive attitude you have there and how I do love the word jiggle, it makes me think of jello and then my butt. WTG on almost goal too, wow, you could do .2 lying down.

FSA - Glad you're back I was wondering where you were at, I think you just might inspire me to encounter some fish over here, we're going to northern ontario next week and it's fishing country so I might jsut have to bring some back. It would be nice for some variety.

Glutio - It really seems like you guys have some crazy cheesy sport conspiracy going on at your jobs, bowling, now mini-golf. I'd be praying for that weekend too. Enjoy some much needed rest. And definitely a doctor sounds in order, this is hard enough without feeling like a zombie all day. Hope they figure it out.

Crystal - WTG on the salsa, does that require some supreme amount of coordination and or rhythm? I do enjoy a good video but sometimes I just can't get my act together following directions. And
on those two hard earned pounds.

Lauren - you'll probably loss it just as magically as it appeared unless you ate 11 apple fritters that is

Lene - All you guys with your HIIT is making me wonder if that is the next challenge that needs tackling. How have you liked it so far? Benefits, darwbacks, I'm very curious?

Blondie - That is one of those moments for sure when it really becomes about so much more than all the numbers but glad today is better. LOL on the signature that was great.

NSM - I had to laugh at your takeout, I do that with DH now too about chips or cookies or fast food and he just hangs his head and says oh well I guess I'll just have something else. I sure as heck didn't extend him the same courtesy a little while ago, it was yeha more for me! And LOL at big gigantic arse, that was priceless.

CMo4 - I'm pretty sure mine needs a separate floor of the house oh and I just can't wait until she's old enough to clean the bathrooms! Oh happy day. And I did drink my water, 10 and counting.

Velveteen - Have a good sleep, and yes, work is the

Delphi - that would have been an interesting conversation, men do so well with feelings. Hope things are resolved as good as they can be. I was thinking, are your knees too bad that a knee brace wouldn't help? I have weak knees but my PT just has me wear these tensor brand, neoprene things on them when I do high intensity cardio and I haven't even felt a twing of anything. They keep them warm and stable, in line, the whole bit. But then again I've never blown on out or anything either, just a thought.

Jacque - you're right no working here But last I heard if a SAHM got minimum wage, we'd make 120,000 a year! I don't think I could manage staying up to date with a full time job (or I'd get nothing done too) LOL at your BF, boys, what will we do with them.

Off to make some fabulous tasty dinner, and I think I hear the stirring of a small child that might require some attention. And then off to pick dh up from work and then I think it's family movie night (if she picks beverly hills chihuahua again I'm going scream.)

Have a great evening.

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 06-18-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default June Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--June Exercise Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172728. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 6-7 lbs
Delphi: Lose 10 lbs; keep a 1000-calorie deficit 6 days a week; eat at least 1200 calories everyday
Blondie: Lose 10 lbs (?)
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; eat breakfast within 30 min of waking up; eat at least 4 out of 6 times a day, not missing more than 1 full meal a day; do not miss eating any 2 times consecutively
VickieLou: Lose 12.5 lbs to reach ONEderland
Gatorgirl6: Lose 10 lbs; stay OP 6 days a week; drink more water
Crazymamaof4: Lose 5 lbs to reach 166.4 lbs; lose inches; stay OP at least 85% of the time; eat more fruits and veggies; try at least one new recipe a week
Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs; take a vitamin daily
JasonsLea: Lose 10 lbs; apply for at least 10 jobs; set a bed/wake-up time
Wifey: Lose 11 lbs to reach ONEderland
Ja23: Lose 8 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 8 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Biju: Lose 7-10 lbs to reach 126-123 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 4 lbs--MET GOAL!!; lose inches
Squeeze: Lose 10 lbs
Babes315: Lose 5 lbs by June 11th; reach 175 lbs by the end of June
WormwoodDoll: Lose 10 lbs
Hattie22: Lose 7 lbs
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5+ lbs to reach the 140s
Plexi: Lose 10 lbs to reach 159 lbs
NewShinyMe: Stay OP 6 days a week; reach the 160s
Wistfulgirl: Lose 7 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; keep a Sensewear calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day
100percentME: Lose 9 lbs to reach 130 lbs
Dragonfly: Lose 10 lbs/4.5 kg
Fattopia: Become a Size 20
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 8-10 lbs
Kswood87: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach at least 179 lbs
Leigh: To reach 211.6 (20 lbs down goal)-209 lbs (10 % goal)
AtlGirl: Stay OP; lose 11 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 12 lbs
Tracy: Lose 10 lbs
Ladyfyre: Lose 12 lbs
Sheena41: Lose 3 lbs
Mizmizzy: Lose 12 lbs
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 8 lbs
SupaChix: Jodi: Lose 6 lbs
HisSweetGypsyRose: Lose 8 lbs
Mtphotochick: Lose 10 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
Odysseygurl: Lose 12 lbs
Lewisempire: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose 6.5 lbs
Lowandfat: Maintain weight loss (?)
Ms_Perception: Reach 161 lbs
Abielle: Lose 10 lbs
Canadianangel: Wear size 14 pants
Couch: Lose 4.2 kg, (9.2 lb) to reach 99.9 kg (219.8 lb)
RubyJan: Stay on Atkins' induction
Bahecasmart: Lose 10 lbs
Gekster: Lose 10.7 lbs
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Iaradajnos: Go to most successful calorie restriction of 1300; reach highest weight within "healthy" weight range on BMI chart by June 18
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs to reach 234.6 lbs
Dandk0204: Lose 20 lbs
Tamikazie: Lose 6 lbs
Naf1008: Reach the 160s
Lekhika: [Goal(s) to be announced]
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I can't believe you ladies have already chatted across three pages today! Lol! I came to move the list, and because I was busy all day, I knew I'd maybe miss one page, but two?! Lol!

Glutio, WTG on not eating the rest of the doughnut when you recognized that you weren't hungry for it! That's a very important step to changing the way you eat for good! Great job!

Delphi, great new goal, sweetie!! I have only lost 3 lbs this month, which is the least I've lost in a monthly challenge yet, but like you, I'm not upset about it, because it's all about the long-term and getting healthy and fit! And I agree, the difference between this time and all the other times I've set out to lose weight is 3FC! But Joci is so right--you have worked SO hard! The inspiration of 3FC only works for those who are willing to do what it takes, and you definitely have done and continue to do what it takes! As for your gentlemen callers, it's best to get everything out in the open. It may be difficult, but you'll feel better in the long run.

Lewis, lol! True, a high school reunion is motivation! This year is supposed to my 30-year high school reunion, but I haven't heard anything about it, so maybe we're not having it. I just know that you are going to look great for your reunion!

CMof4, thanks! Congrats on another lb down!! Ohhh, and how nice that you are getting a dog! I love my pooches and I know you will too! Come to think of it, my daughter sent me a cell phone pic that I took of her when one of our dogs sat in her lap, lol, and even though the quality isn't great, it will give you a basic idea of what my big pups look like! We were originally told they were English mastiffs, and as it turns out, they are mastiffs, just not full-blooded English mastiffs. They are actually Mastidanes, a CKC breed, which is a cross between an English mastiff and a German mastiff (great dane). The name is fitting because it sounds like mastodon and they are BIG, lol! (For size reference in the pic, my daughter is 20 years old and full grown!) They aren't exactly pretty, but they are the sweetest things, and so calm -- just big gentle giants!

Ms_P, your 15th reunion?! You're just a youngin'! Lol!

Looking, Here is some for ya!

T_Girl, how exciting, only 5 lbs to ONEderland!! Good for you!!

FSA, lady, you just really make me want to find some fresh halibut, lol!

Gekster, on the 2 lbs down!! It sounds like a good video!!

Lauren, you're so right--it is water retention. I know that's frustrating, but your muscles need that water to repair themselves, so just keep reminding yourself that the more muscle you build, the more weight you'll lose!

Blondie, I'm so sorry you had a sad day. It is a reminder of why we're all doing this--to get healthy! On a good note, congrats on the ticker!!!

NSM, definitely take care of that shoulder, girlie! Rest it, don't try to push it, shoulders are nothing to mess around with. Concentrate on walking or leg exercises or something, but rest that shoulder! Remember, pain is a natural warning sign, so please do be careful!

Lene, I'm so glad you are back in the swing of things! OP and on track! I did housework all day today too, which is why I'm on here late, and I agree, it just makes for a happier place!

Velveteen, we'll catch you later!

Joci, I agree! Lol!! This is one chatty group!!

Because I am running so late with everything today (although I have been on time with my meals!), I haven't gotten to the gym, and so now I don't know if I'll go ahead and go to the Y to strength train (I really dislike going in the evenings) or if I'll just pull out my resistance bands. Or I could have my DH help me get my health rider out and set that on a hard setting. I might do that. I haven't ridden it in so long and it works all the muscles!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 06-18-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #310  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

Tummy- I am very uncoordinated and did pretty well.. there was a section on Merengue (sp?) that was insane, but I tried! And luckily there was no one around to watch so it was all good. The instructor was good about explaining, I just couldn't wrap my head around it. I'm hoping when I see it again it will click a little more.
Gekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:37 PM   #311  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Jacqui ~ It's groovy to hear you are eating your meals and getting the exercise thing done. I'd opt for the healthrider. Only because it's something different. Your body needs that change up. So I think that's an excellent idea hun. Thanks for the advice, I so miss that. Glad your back and vibrant as ever.

Tummygirl ~ You know, I seriously thought about that. See the last time I lost the weight I was jogging at 230 and with no problem with my knees, so for the life of me, I don't understand why I'm having issues this time around. I've never injured a bone to my body *knocks on wood* and the only time I've ever been in a hospital, is to have my boys. So by all accounts I'm healthy. I have noticed though, that they don't hurt nearly as bad as when I first started this. I really think, I was SOOOO sedentary, that I literally had no muscle left in my body at all, hence my joints getting weak. I think with time, and as I gain my muscle back that my knees wont hurt anymore. At least this is the logic of an often delusional goofball, but hey, it's mine. When I went to look at some, they were like expensive, so I didn't get one. As far as the conversation, yeah, it got all weird but I communicated how I felt as did he. He is one of these bodybuilding type dudes, and takes really good care of his self so he would be the last person you would expect to get all sensitive and mushy and stuff. *sighs* but he did! So yeah, the attraction is there blah blah blah. So I was right to a certain extent, but at the end of the day, I think he feeds off of doing nice things for me and seeing me happy. I truly thinks that is genuine. But like I told him, the reality is, that we are friends and that is all it will ever be. Period! And seemed cool with that. So we are good! Whew..sorry didn't mean to type a novel there, with my boring guy stuff.

Blondie ~ on the siggy girlfriend!

NSM ~ Well, do keep us updated. If it's even worse tomorrow don't panic, it means it probably is DOMS. So, just rest those particular muscles and focus your exercise on your legs perhaps. I hope it feels better dear.

Ok, ladies that is it for me. It's my time to wind down and take in the days events. Man today has been an emotional rollercoaster for me. With my friend and then the long, but great conversation with the guy was seeing last year, it's just really, kept my focus elsewhere. And this ladies, is why I have exempted men out of my life. Yes, they are great and man it felt so good to talk to Anthony today, but I don't like the added stress it adds to my life, whether it be good or bad. It's just something else to worry about. My life is great as is...and I don't want to upset the balance of my home with adding another variable into my life. I think I feel guilty. Any time spent with a man, is time I could be spending with my children. See, you guys this is why.......now I've got all this extra crap in my head now, that just shouldn't be there. It's simply too difficult for me to deal with. But you know what, I'm ok with being weird or screwed up. It's a character builder..really it is. Well you ladies have a great evening. I'm off to shower and hopefully get some much needed rest.

Last edited by Delphi; 06-18-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:47 PM   #312  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

An update from earlier. I started to feel a good bit better after crying. I went to my grandmother's because she's close to my work and I was on the phone with her when I first started crying. My grandmother called for me and got my endo appointment next month moved up to next week. I'm going in the morning to get my labs done. This is really great because it always seems that I feel NORMAL whenever it's time for the doctor or labs. While I want to feel better, I kind of want whatever's happening to show up in my blood work if there's a chance it could.

While I was at her house, my grandmother kept poking me and telling me I looked swollen and like I was retaining water. I don't really know about that.

Hopefully I'll have something better to say after the appointment Tuesday morning. I had a test three months ago after my last appointment for Cushing's, but I don't know the results yet. I should get those next week, too.
glutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Hi chicks just checking in for this evening.

I had really good day. Spent time with kids, grocery shopped (bill was $126 paid $14.73 after coupons), and got some stuff knocked off my TO-DO list.

Joci~ I work 25-30 hours a week and get off by noon.

Jacqui~ Love the pic of your daughter and furbaby. He really is huge! Does he think he's a lapdog? Good for you for getting some housework in today.

NSM~ I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder. I hope you feel better soon.

Tummygirl~ I really like the HIIT! Jogging/running long distance can be very hard mentally and I find the short bursts of intensity easier to get thru with interval training. On the other hand, when I was running on a regular basis my body used to crave going for a run. If I wasn't able to get it in I would actually feel bothered by it all day. The 2 biggest benefits of HIIT for me are 1) it's 20-25 minutes 2) I feel totally worked out when done. I really sweat and it keeps me in the target HR zone throughout most of the workout.
About the Bev Hill Chihuahua movie>>>> I paid to see it in the theater. See I really do love my children.

Blondie~ nice &^&$#$@#@# ticker!!!! Glad it worked for you finally.

CMO4~ My HIIT looks like yours. Did Jacqui say you are getting a dog?? Are you getting a dog?

Gekster~ Salsa sounds like FUN!

Gotta go for the night. Still didn't get to my menu planning.
Goodnight Chicks!!
lene1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #314  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1974 View Post
Joci~ I work 25-30 hours a week and get off by noon.
My kind of gal...I work 22.5 a week...and I can flex however I want. And I am not talking muscles...I'm talking I have the greatest boss. I can do whatever I want.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 270/206/150

Height: 5-4

Thank you all for your encouragment. The good thing about cooking all day is that at the end of the day, your not hungry....
Turns out all I could muster to eat was a few vegies and dip, and salad. 2 bites of cake and I was done. It must have been all of that will Power Dust.
I have to admit, I am totally exhaused and will sleep well tonight.

Glutio, I hope you are able to solve these issues concerning your sleep soon.
I know that when changes occur in my life, I have a hard time sleeping. Have you ever tried meditating. There are some great inspirational meditations offered through different websites. I sometimes fall asleep that way. Good luck!
Congratulations to all you LOSERS out there and keep up the great work!
lookingtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote