Old 06-18-2009, 12:04 AM   #271  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

I forgot to mention! I had a total NSV today at the meeting. I knew ahead of time they would have donuts and stuff there, so this morning, I decided I was going to allow myself to have a donut. In the past, I would have eaten breakfast and still gotten a donut and maybe a muffin or something.

So I got my donut with a knife and fork since there was nowhere to wash my hands. I cut up half the donut, ate it, and STOPPED! I pushed the rest of the donut away! I was satisfied and done! It set there in front of me for the next 2 and a half hours, and while I was tempted to eat it for the sake of eating it, I didn't! YAY!
glutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:30 AM   #272  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning Ladies

Glutio ~ to you guys and have fun while your there. Sounds exciting!

wormwood ~ Good to see you back around and I see you've dropped a few more pounds since you hit Onederland. Good job!

Biju ~ Good luck with your trip! Have a great time dear.

Well I managed to stay under 209 this morning, so it wasn't a fluke, thank God! Almost down to 208, if I can NOT retain water I may just see it. I had this huge deficit yesterday with all the exercise and not eating It was a busy day and I ate a lot of calorie dense stuff like my salads. I ate and ate and still couldn't hit 1200 because I don't care what I've heard on this site, I'm not eating after seven o clock, since I go to bed so early. People can tell me all they want, it doesn't matter what time you eat, it's all about calories in vs calories out. But I just don't know about that. True, that our body still burns calories, but if you go to bed after eating, your body doesn't burn that food as energy, because you are not expending any extra energy. When I sleep I'm burning about 1.4 calories a minute. All my body is doing is keeping me alive..period. So yeah, no eating late for me.

Well the month is half way over and I'm only half way to my goal for the month. Ya know, I may see goal, but if I don't, I've had a pretty good month regardless. I'm mean, I'm NO LONGER OBESE for crying out loud. I've come to understand and accept that I'm losing fat, gaining muscle and the scale isn't going to show that at times and you know what, I'm perfectly OK with that. I am making all the right choices, busting my but with exercise and dangit I just feel all groovy. I think I'm finally visualizing goal. I've never done that before. My goal before was just to get "extra" weight off and not be ashamed to go out in public. I stopped seeing my buddy last summer because i started gaining weight. He must really think I'm screwed up. But now I have a new goal, a get healthy, stay fit, goal and I intend on seeing it regardless.

I don't just WANT it, I CRAVE it. I haven't been 150 since before I had my oldest and to be honest, I was probably a little heavier. I never weighed myself back then. So, I'm rambling...again. I'm sure you ladies are used to my nonsense by now, and I do so appreciate you gal's putting up with me. But this is my secret. That one thing, that when people say, WOW, how did you do it? How did you lose the weight? Well, for me, my secret to success is all of you and the fact that I can come in here and encourage others and receive that same encouragement and support. I don't see a little angel or devil on my shoulder anymore. I see and hear those words of encouragement. I hear those success stories and I tell myself keep going, make good decisions, you can do this is. Damned if I can't even look at a cookie and I can hear Sandye in my head with this visualization of her with a frying pan...and of course I slowly back away from the cookie.

So yeah, if I'm ever asked, my reply will be, It's simple. I have the weight loss challenge chicks to thank for my success.

Ok, so now that I've wrote a novel, I guess I will bid you ladies farewell. Remember, to wear those smiles today, stay OP and drink plenty of water. Have a great day ladies!

Tootaloo!

Last edited by Delphi; 06-18-2009 at 06:34 AM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:51 AM   #273  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
So yeah, if I'm ever asked, my reply will be, It's simple. I have the weight loss challenge chicks to thank for my success.
for giving us credit BUT you are the one who does all the work!!!! You're the one making the right choices and getting yourself to your workouts!!! We are here to support and encourage!!! Keep it up and give yourself the credit you deserve for the great work YOU are doing!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:13 AM   #274  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Thanks Jacque! 's!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:49 AM   #275  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Delphi-----I agree with jaque! Although the support here is Fanflippintastic, You are the only one who can do the Real Work!!!!! Keep Rockin it Girl!
Girls, I don't have time for personals this morning, because I want to get on the Nordictrack before I leave for Knoxville, but I will tell you if anyone is looking for extra motivation, look up your high school friends... My husbands 20year reunion is next year, and mine the year after. YIKES!!!! Have a great Day ladies, I will be POP today NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:00 AM   #276  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisempire View Post
My husbands 20year reunion is next year, and mine the year after. YIKES!!!! Have a great Day ladies, I will be POP today NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!
You are so young!!! This year I have my 25 year COLLEGE reunion and next year is my HS 30th!!! Now that's a yikes!!! And motivation to stay OP!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #277  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ladies!!!!!

Delphi~ so are you telling me that I'm the resident ? You're not saying I'm mean and too hard on you girls are you? Hmm? Are you? Because I can be a whole lot tougher!!! I love it, you look at a cookie and you see me "girilie! = ". I agree with Jacque too, while I agree with you 110% about the incredible girls here--it's YOU that's putting in all those hours exercising! It's YOU who's watching what you eat and making the right choices! So while we all appreciate your thanks and all--you really need to be sure to thank yourself too! You deserve it!!

Glutio~ Oooh, your hubby sounds like he's a shoe in!! If you don't mind me asking, where would this new job be? Anywhere up my way? WTG having only half the donut! I don't think I could have stopped! That takes some serious will power!

MsP~ congrats on being so close to your goal--I'm sure you'll make it! I'd like in on the C2K thing too! Don't know what's come over me, but I've been really thinking about it lately and if Delphi's in, well heck, I'll join in too if you two will have me.

Tummy~ oh yeah, I'm all about the tough love! I thrive on it so I tend to give it as much as I'm allowed. I did take a break from the yardwork--I was just burned out! Of course now that means I have more to do before Saturday, but at least I feel rested and ready for more now...if only the weather would cooperate! Congrats on resisting that craving!! Sounds like you were crazy busy yesterday, great job on getting so much exercise in!!

Blondie~ where did you live in CA? Ever since you posted your pic I keep thinking that I've seen you before, probably haven't but still, you look so familiar! I agree, I can't see you being able to get your job done without men drooling all over you, glad to hear you're not dealing directly with inmates--geez, that scares the tar out of me! My mom works for a prison doing medical records and man oh man the crazy stuff she has to put up with!

Jacqui~ I'm so glad you're feeling better! You know I've had my issues and it's so tough when you start to feel yourself heading down that path. Just so happy that you're feeling better and that you've come out of that bad patch unscathed! Of course I'm also thrilled to see you posting again too! Thanks for the info on the chinchillas! After some chatting, hubby and I are considering a small dog! Egads! We're just thinking that leaving the boys to care for a caged animal would be too much. They're gone for most of the day (8:30-4:00) and then there's homework, dinner, showers...I think if they had to add cleaning out a cage and 'exercise time' for a caged pet it would take up a ton of their free time. Anyway, we're thinking of a little dog, maybe a Shih Tzu--our neighbors have 2 of them and OMG are they ever adorable! Plus, they don't shed! Cograts on the 2 lbs! I am so proud of you! I know if I had hit a rough patch I probably would have headed straight to the fridge! You did a fantastic job!

Jacque~ can't wait to see those pics!!!

Gekster~ sorry to hear about bf's grandmother! I hope she's doing better! Let us know how the new video goes!

NSM~ how's that office chair? Nice and dry yet?

Wormwooddoll~ congrats on the loss! Yeah 18 pgs of post is crazy long isn't it?

Biju~ WTG on the exercise! And yay on finding out you'll have gym access! That's awesome!

I swear, every single morning I tell myself, "I will not post insanely long personals!" and every single morning I do it anyway!

Ah well, so, how is everyone this morning? I hope that you're all doing fantastic! I'm doing just peachy here. Once again little Miss E woke me up multiple times during the night, but I still got my butt out of bed and worked out! Someone please tell me that I'll eventually get a full 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep again...please? I swear, I forgot what sleeping like that is like!

The scale was kind to me again this morning! Down almost another whole pound brining me to 164.2. Now I'm not complaining mind you, but I am kind of wondering what is going on this week with me. Normally this is point where my losses start to slow (hence the 5 lb goal) and well, it's not. I guess I'm just a little concerned about losing it too fast--since they say it's not healthy to lose more than 2 lbs a week and all. Plus, the meds I'm on say to contact the dr if you experience sudden weight loss...however, I'm guessing they're talking about sudden loss for no reason (ie: not dieting or exercising). I dunno, sorry to ramble. I bet this week is due to post TOM, and maybe switching up my cardio? If that's the case, I'm switching up my cardio every month!

Well I'll stop and leave you with my usual last line...

Have a wonderful day and be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!

Last edited by iDream; 06-18-2009 at 09:04 AM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:05 AM   #278  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Glutio-Good news for DH! Oh, and I'm SUPER proud of how you handled the donut situation! You CAN do this and you ARE doing it!! Keep on making those good choices and saying no when you are satisfied! Excellent!

Delphi-I agree 100% with you on the eating after 7 p.m or so. I NEVER see a good loss (or any loss) after a night of late snacking, I'm talking completely healthy snacks. It was not-so-easy habit to break for me, but now I only have an evening snack if I am enjoying a very special occassion or something.

LE and Jacque on the class reunion front, this year is my 15 year HS reunion. It wasn't even on my mind as a motivator for me when I started, but now it sure does help to keep me moving to think these people will see me in a couple months!

CMof4-It will be awesome if we can get a little group doing the C25K challenge. I know I'd love the company!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 06-18-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #279  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Good morning ladies, just popping in quick before I shower, and I will be off to the big city for the day!!!!

MsPerception- Well a couple of nights ago, I was contacted by a girl that remembered me from school. she looked the same, with a few more wrinkles. She was heavy in school, so I didn't think much of her being heavy now. However, she got me thinking about other people I knew in school, so I kinda started searching for names I remember. Of course a lot of them live in CA, so a few were still barbie dolls. But a lot of them had gained a lot of weight like me.......I kept saying "OMG she gained so much weight!" then I realized they would probably say the same about me (although, I was never very skinny). I sure as heck didn't want people to be "Not surprised that I had gained so much weight." So I am back to getting my butt in shape!!!!

CrazyMamaof4- You are the local drill seargent! With 4 kids you are probably the best woman for the job! Haha, Delphi can usually get us moving too!

Jaque9999-Considering the fact you are even thinking about a bikini... means you are doing something right! You look fantastic!

Glutio- I don't know what NSV is, but leaving 1/2 a donut is really a victory!!! YAY, YAY, YAY. I usually don't have any donuts, because If I don't have the 1st bite, I don't care. But once that sugar, and fat touch my lips, I can't get enough. What great news about your hubby's Job....Oh I hope he gets it!!!!

Jaqui_D- Glad you are feeling better. I think there was bad mojo going around. I definately felt the crappy cloud hanging over my head this past week!!! WTG on busting through! Let's finish this month STRONG!!!!!

FSA-How goes it up north?????????? I hope the Crappy cloud doesn't have you this week!!!!

Delphi-did you get the 4 gallons of milk in? It might be easier to just tie a cow up out back, and think of all the upper body training you could get by milking her every day!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH, I know, NOT FUNNY!!! But it made me laugh! Have a great day girl!!!!

Tummy- DIdn't get a chance to say WOOOOWEEE! what a change in you, totally around the middle!!!! KEEp it up girl! Lookin' goood!

Ok, girls, gotta get in the shower, I can no longer stand my stink!!! I have been on plan (by the skin of my teeth) the last couple of days, and taaadaaaa, I am back down to 203 this am, so that is 5 pounds this month so far, leaving 5 more to go!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the support/encouragement!!!!!!!!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:08 AM   #280  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls, just finished paying bills and saw this on MSN, thought I'd post it here in case anyone's interested. It's all about regulating your body clock and the best times of the day/month/year to do things like work out, schedule dr's appts, etc.

http://health.msn.com/womens-health/...0239654&page=1

MsP~ Yay! I can't wait to read up on it and get started! I'm not planning on heading to my reunion (it's in CA, I'm not--plus I was sort of an outcast in H.S. ), but it is kind of a subconscious motivator. My 20 yr reunion is this Summer and just the thought of all those people and how they might be looking now is enough to keep me motivated--ya know, just in case I ever run into them when I head back home for a visit.

Lewis~ hope you got all the stink off ya! Congrats on the 5 lbs down this month!!! Woo hoo on the panties!! LOL about the cow! I tell ya, if I could handle the thought of drinking fresh milk, I'd buy one! We go through an insane amount of milk in this house!

Well girls, I'm off! I'm going to buy some calibration software for my computer monitor!! I've been wanting it for so long and hubby gave me the go ahead! He's been wanting more pics of the kids printed out but I've been putting it off because my monitor colors are waaaaay off and I can't seem to adjust it properly. Last time I tried I ended up with pink tinted pics, which just happened to be our Christmas cards! So needless, to say, I'm thrilled to be finally getting my software!

Have a great day ladies!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #281  

S/C/G: 270/206/150

Height: 5-4

Good morning ladies, I still have yet to weigh myself as Tom is still clinging on.
It is my DD 19th birthday today, so we are having a family dinner with some friends over. I did take her out to breakfast this morning, and managed to have 1 1/2 pieces of toast and two eggs. That's alot more than I usually eat in the morning.

Anyways I hope to behave, our menu is lasagna, chicken, potatoes and salad. I will also make a veggie platter and hope to choose wisely.Wish me luck...
Gotta run, tons of things to do...
Have a great day.
lookingtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #282  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Angels

Blondie - thats rather unfortunate that police officiers don't get paid well down there, it seems rather important I would think Have fun in prison!

Delphi - I see Sandye with the mega phone in my head! "Step away from the cookie ladies! I'm not afraid to beat you" It is awesome good help. I was looking back through my weight loss journal from the other time I lost weight and hit 167. I lost quite a bit faster then and I couldn't remember exactly so I wanted to investigate. I wasn't exercising really at all until maybe the second month and I had lost like 34lbs by then. At the time I remember how excited I was to lose so fast and now I shudder to think how much muscle I was eating off my body. It sure is slower but for some reason, I too don't care, it's moving as it should and the fat's time is numbered whatever way you look at it. And a big for being overweight that's fantastic!

NSM - lol the water, but so dedicated to post anyway!

Jacqui - Posting again, right on chickie. The cold seem to have been defeated, thanks!

WWDoll - What only 18 pages? lol glad you're back! And congrats on the loss you had too.

Glutio - that's just entirely awesome, I'm so happy for you guys. I also must add a woohoo for staying on plan during an otherwise tough week, that's pretty awesome in it's own right! WTG on the donut, that is some commitment you have there!

Biju - Awesome gym news, it's always a bit interesting when we leave our comfy little routines but it sounds like it's all worked out for you. Congrats on the loss too.

LE - have fun in the city! That may be more motivation than I can handle, LOL, I might explode. OMG, there's a lot of us close to 199, I'm so excited for you, you'll be there in no time!

CMo4 - I will let you know about that sleep thing, we're two and half years in and well, we've seen it when she's at the grandparents on an overnight , like twice and even then there wasn't a whole lotta sleeping going on That's pretty greast loss, i guess the weight loss gods are smiling on you today not to mention all your hard work. Have fun not looking at pink ppl anymore!

LTBH - Good luck at the shindig!

Down a pound this week, insert happy dance! Only 5lbs left till onderland. I have my pre-baby measurements from 199 and I'm really interested to see how those have "shifted." I don't think they will be terribly different, maybe just an inch or two but we'll see.

Well as my dd put it so eloquently this morning, "the sun is having privacy" aka it's raining buckets. Can you tell we're working on personal privacy and not touching ourselves at the dinner table? At least it's kinda sticking to her brain. So I guess no more lawn mowing today and here I was hoping to get more blisters on top of the ones from yesterday, have mosquitoes fly in my mouth, have dirt stick to my sunscreen and have horse flies bite me in the arse. Well I guess there's always tomorrow.

Off to some breakie and the elliptical is calling my name. Talk to everyone a bit later!

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 06-18-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #283  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

LE-I was never very "skinny" in HS, always about a size 10 or so, but FIRM because I enjoyed jogging/running some and lifting weights some. The firmness is kinda history right now except in my quads which are rock-solid...I've always had very strong legs. So, I'm working on losing some of the jiggle since I fully intend to go to my reunion. I feel good and look a lot better than I did, so I'm not real concerned about people looking at me with the "Oh my gosh...she is so fat!" thoughts in their head. LOL I still see or keep in touch with my good friends from HS so they knew me at my biggest so they'll be more like "Oh my gosh...you look great. Have you lost weight?" THAT will be awesome!!!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:56 AM   #284  

Good morningggggggggggg girlssssss A big to you all.

It's amazing how many pages and posts compiled since the other night. So good to read everyone's news as alwaysssssss. Things are good here girls, DH took yesterday off and it was a beautiful day. Good thing we got some outdoor stuff done because we are back to rain and below normal temps for the next 5 days or so here in Mass. I don't mind so much as I am quite busy getting ready for this SUnday, I only regret that we wont be able to hang out on the back deck.

I am running late so I hope to come back later this afternoon and catch up with you all. Everyone is doing terrific. Delphi, I can't see the pics...I see no link there? What heartfelt posts dear girl, you really are something. Keep on shining sweety. Crazymama, I will get to you on the fish, of course girl I do those butterfly ones laying down too, those are great! I am so glad the ducky made it! I think once a human touches it that the mother rejects it but sounds like the mom abandoned the eggs as you say. Hope the wildlife rescuers get back to you real soon, keep hounding them...the baby is going to need some special care prob. Oh it bet its so cute! lol Lene, I am still on moratorium from the exercising but my plan is to be joining you all again soon. Keep up the great work, we still have almost 2 weeks left. Glutio, i hope you feel better. Lewis, oh you...I just saw your most recent post and im so happy for you! wtgggggggg chicky! yay a big The so called "crappy cloud" stuff isn't getting to me this time because I am thinking about being with my family sunday and its good cleaning weather! lolol I better get a move on...I will catch up with you all soon. MsP , hi there that reunion sure sounds like a good incentive....have I mentioned that it is so nice seeing your posts? Glad we are all still sticking together and we will continue to do so! Lookingtobehealthy, a very happy birthday to your DD. Jacquee??? lol, no way! omg you! You wouldn't know it that next year is your 30th hs reunion, I did a double take. You look amazing. What do you eat again? lol . That is awesome news that mom and sophie are coming for 5 weeks! Nsm and Jacqui, hi there girls A big hi to all, I didn't get to everyone so HOpe to get to you all next time. Keep up the great work everyone. Hope you all have a healthy and happy new day. urockmom, missing you. I hope your well over there and feeling well. Keep busy with this crazy weather

As for me, things are going very well here planwise. Haddock again tonight, I have been alternating every other night thus far. I had it fri, sun, tue, and now tonight! lol. crazymama, I'm one of those types that cook by eye for some things...tonight I will measure and I will let you know chicky. I better run, talk soon chicks..........
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #285  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

crazymama, DH will be doing some programming stuff for a company in Maryland, just south of DC. Where in Indiana are you? I have a friend who was living in VERY southern Indiana, now in Louisville, through the end of the year. Her summer is spent here where we are now, but she'll be going back to finish college in August.

Lewisempire, NSV is non-scale vistory. I think I saw it at least a dozen times around the forum before I figured out what it was!

Shockingly, I'm still tired. Always tired. It seems like just when things start getting better, they fall apart again. It probably doesn't help that I'm on day 3 of no gym. Sick Tuesday, work stuff yesterday (and had to get home right after bowling to do work I didn't get to do during the day), and today, I have to leave work early to go to some mini-golf thing for DH's work. Yay. SO ready for the weekend!!! I need a nap!
glutio is offline   Reply With Quote