Old 09-19-2008, 09:14 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi challenge chicks!! I am doing well... YAY I really want to have another solid week of sane, healthful eating because we leave for vacation next Saturday. I want my food to be 'in a good place' when we go so I can carry on and make the best choices possible while away from home. If you know what I mean.

Thanks to Layri and Retiredone for the kudos of getting out plus size clothes.

Quote of the day: The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.
Benjamin Mays

Folks - so many of you are moving forward in your challenge. Terrific. If you are struggling (and we ALL do at times) - try and get right back on your plan the best you can.

You are all winners when your post at 3fc.

Three cheers for you all.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-19-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #182  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, challengers. Finally got caught up. I forgot about this thread for a few days. (Darned brain fog...) Congratulations everyone on scale and non scale victories! Smaller sizes and staying on track and getting exercising. All are victories and deserving of recognition and celebration.

I am staying nicely on track. Yesterday marked day 7 since my last binge day. *whew!* I am going for day 8. I am getting more exercise and I am feeling better for it. Sore, but better. Advil is lovely stuff for me, right now. But, my soreness is decreasing, slowly day by day. I actually had almost free movement, when I got out of bed, this morning.

Here is to another terrific day, everyone. May you all have a successful, on track day and a great weekend.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #183  
A New me! Right Now!

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'1"

to all the new members in thchallenge. I hope you all find the support and motivation to meet your goals.

It has been a few days since i last checked in. I had one off day, yesterday. I ate healthier than i ever did in the past so i think that is a small achievement and the fact that i felt guilty for what i did eat did make me feel good because i know that i am becoming more aware of what i am eating.

didjaever - I do not have a fancier scale either, i just long for the needle to move to the next line.

I do think that my TOM symptoms are here. Since i do not actually have one (due to an IUD) i can not judge on when i get the symptoms, which i still very much get. (bloating, moodiness etc). I do feel rather bloated today. I think working out tonight will help me feel better.

Hope every1 is doing well.
dlphnmomva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Halloween Goal

I would like to join the group. My goal is to loose 10lbs by Halloween.
scalewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:54 PM   #185  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dancer View Post
Advil is lovely stuff for me, right now. But, my soreness is decreasing, slowly day by day. I actually had almost free movement, when I got out of bed, this morning.

Here is to another terrific day, everyone. May you all have a successful, on track day and a great weekend.
Is that an Advil cocktail there in the smilie. I'll have one with you if it is. My thumb is still sore and it's been a week today since I jammed it in the bathtub drain. Getting better but a little medication never hurts.

My weigh in is tomorrow. I hope I finally move the scales more than half a pound. It's been nearly 3 weeks with only a half pound loss and I'm not going to eat less or exercise more--no way! Something has to start moving downwards soon or I'll be thinking this is the 2009 Halloween Challenge!!
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #186  

Hi Scalewatcher....join right in to the Halloween Challenge. Welcome Aboard!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I wasn't able to go to the gym yesterday since we had "Back to School" night at school and actually kind of missed it!! I went again today, after driving past the kids who live down the street 4 times since I drove past first and then realized as I was turning on the main road that I forgot my ipod!! I had to turn around.....the kids were laughing by the fourth time around when I rolled my window down and was like "I swear....this is the last time!" haha

I bumped up my cardio today since I didn't go yesterday and did an hour of nonstop machines at the gym. Normally, I just do 30 minutes on the elliptical. Today though, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the bike, and 20 minutes on the treadmill. I'm still not quite used to motorized treadmills and was holding on throughout the 20 minutes and my shoulders are sore! haha I was afraid that if I let go, I would fall off

I'm weighing in tomorrow morning, so I'm anxious to see if the consistent gym work will show up on the scale tomorrow.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #188  
Go Cubs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalewatcher View Post
I would like to join the group. My goal is to loose 10lbs by Halloween.
Hi Scalewatcher. to the CC Hallowe'en Challenge . Just jump on in and enjoy. Good luck on reaching your goal for the challenge. Hope to see you around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Is that an Advil cocktail there in the smilie. I'll have one with you if it is. My thumb is still sore and it's been a week today since I jammed it in the bathtub drain. Getting better but a little medication never hurts.

My weigh in is tomorrow. I hope I finally move the scales more than half a pound. It's been nearly 3 weeks with only a half pound loss and I'm not going to eat less or exercise more--no way! Something has to start moving downwards soon or I'll be thinking this is the 2009 Halloween Challenge!!
It is whatever you would like it to be. I'll pass one over, right now. I hope that your poor thumb heals, soon. Dastardly injuries, fingers and toes. You need to use them so much and when they are injured, there isn't much that can be done for them. You just have to wait and let them heal. {{{hug}}}

Good luck with your weigh in. I hope that your number on your scale takes a nice little nosedive. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I am having a pretty good day. Got my exercise. 50 minutes, today. I am eating well and have already glugged down all the water I need.

Weigh in is Monday.

Here is a little something for us all for the weekend: .
Old 09-19-2008, 09:14 PM   #189  

Hi everyone. I'm still OP. I went for my first walk since I hurt my foot about 2 months ago. It was nice and it took forever still (5 miles in about 90 minutes) but it didn't wear me out like it used to. I used to come home exhausted and I wasn't at all tired tonight. I guess all that biking has been good for me!
cdiem4994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #190  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Thank you for the drink, Rain Dancer. It really helped.

I didn't get in any exercise today but I've done 5 days already for this week so I don't always get Friday in. I was busy doing a bit of housework and cooking today and I was really tired already from lack of sleep last night. Some nights are like that with me.

dlphnmomva, it's great to be aware of what we are eating even if it makes us feel guilty. I guess we learn from the mistakes.

Good luck to everyone weighing in this weekend. I feel thin tonight. That's good isn't it?

Cdiem, glad your foot is on the mend and you can take a walk again. I'm a slow walker so 90 minutes doesn't sound too bad to me. I've got short legs and I always feel as if I'm walking really fast but most people pass me.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:55 AM   #191  

Hi folks...yesterday was a good food day - I am grateful.

Today we have a big family wedding to attend. Folks will be coming from out of town to stay with us. My husband's cousin's daughter - they are Irish - Megan is the bride. She is marrying into a big Italian family - Dominic is the groom. This should be a fun, lively wedding! I don't know what they will serve - I do figure there will be salad - I'll eat with no dressing and do the best I can. I'll eat a big lettuce salad before I go so I am not overly hungry when I get there. One bite of DH's cake should be enough.

Seems like so many folks are doing well with the challenge. If you are struggling....forgive youself and plan for a good day.

Quote of the day:
Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway. ~ by Emory Austin

Have a great on plan day folks.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-20-2008 at 06:56 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:13 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the warm welcome . I will be weighing in on Wednesday night. I can't wait to see what the first week brings.
scalewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #193  
Go Cubs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiem4994 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm still OP. I went for my first walk since I hurt my foot about 2 months ago. It was nice and it took forever still (5 miles in about 90 minutes) but it didn't wear me out like it used to. I used to come home exhausted and I wasn't at all tired tonight. I guess all that biking has been good for me!
Five miles in 90 minutes sounds pretty good, to me. It is great that it doesn't wipe you out, any longer. The biking was good, wasn't it?

Start of yet another day. I am aiming for a good, on track day and to drink all my water.

Have a good one, everyone.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 211.4/207.6/150

Height: 5'7.5''

Hey everyone..Just checking in.. Today was my first weigh day, and I am happy to report that I am down 5.4lbs!!! Not a bad start for my goal

Went on an hour-long walk/power-walk with the hubby today, and was practically dragging my feet when we got back lol.
Mommywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #195  
My Journey To Thin

S/C/G: 165/156/120

Height: 5'6"

By Halloween I WILL be 10 pounds lighter, I'll be able to run a mile without getting worn out. I will wear a jean size smaller, and have more defined legs and arms!
ellieflorida is offline   Reply With Quote