Old 09-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #31  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Stephanie, LOL on the cupcakes. There are certain foods I just have to stay away from, too, so I can totally relate. I do schedule in some "cheat" foods once in a while, but maybe one thing every 7-10 days. That keeps me from feeling "deprived" without undoing all the good eating and exercise I'm doing the rest of the time. Sounds like you've got some good food choices there, and a plan, so you'll do fine!

Today my ds11 and I are going to a movie and to cruise the mall, the Y so I can hit the weight room, then grocery shopping on the way home. My dogs were wiped out last night from their run, and I had to boot the male dog out of bed at ten this morning, since he was still zonked out, lol. A tired dog is a good dog, as the saying goes! I ran for 30 mins last night, and though I felt alright to keep running, I quit there, since it was late and I get up early.

How is everyone else doing today?
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

jamsk8r, a tired dog is a good dog indeed! - this is well displayed by my 7 year old lab/pit bull mix. But then I have my extremely mischievous little 8 month old bichon frise- he just keeps on going and going and getting into heaps of trouble along the way. We're thinking of getting him a little doggy devil costume for Hallowe'en.

I'm already a little bit more towards my Hallowe'en goal today, it's only a .5 lb down on the scales but hey, I'll take it!
I hope everyone else is doing well.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #33  
FB

Oh my gosh, I didn't think about the possibilities of Halloween costumes. I could really dress up if I do well on the challenge. Wow. Fun!

Tomorrow is my second to last weigh in for the local Biggest Loser contest. I'm in first place so far, so wish me luck! I'm eating 'lighter' foods today, not as in calories - but weight. LOL. I'm awful, I also weigh my clothes on my food scale before going in for the weigh-ins. A girl needs to know the various weights of her shirts in situations like this.

I'm going to try to hit the Y tonite too. My boo-boo stayed home sick from school today so my schedule is off today. Poor guy is getting better with lots of mom love.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #34  

Hi all! I'm just checking in. Doing good so far today, have 1100 planned calories, trying to keep it a little low, as my son's bday is this weekend and we will be going out for that. I'm STARVING right now. I had a PB RKT to hold me over til DH gets home from work to cook out the chicken and he is late tonight! The RKT made me even more hungry I think I'll skip it next time!

B: Bacon/Toast 240
L: Progresso Italian Wedding Soup 180
D: Grilled Italian Chicken Breasts 240
Steamed Broccoli 50
S: PB Rice Krispie Treat 100
Oatmeal Creme Pie 170
Milk 120
auer~j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #35  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I went shopping today and got really hungry in the grocery store. I wasn't ready to go home as I wasn't finished shopping. I was considering going to a restaurant but then I spied boiled eggs in the deli section. They were selling 2 boiled and shelled eggs for 99 cents. I thought to myself, "Who'd buy 2 boiled eggs?" Then I knew who. Me. I bought the eggs, a bag of mini ww bagels and had plums in my cart. When I bought my groceries I went to the car and ate my lunch of boiled egg, bagel and 2 lovely juicy, sweet plums and all at about 260 calories. I guess if I'd eaten at a restaurant, the first 4 or 5 mouthfuls would have been more calories than my lunch. Anyway, I'm feeling rather smug about this NSV. I have been known to eat whatever I want at a restaurant.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:34 PM   #36  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

I am doing ok, glad TOM is over, otherwise I would be eating everything sweet and salty in site!

Jamsk8r- I agree, a day to treat yourself within limits is a great idea. I know that's what helped me! I need to get my pug moving more, she's a ball of crazy energy. I think she needs longer walks! LOL!

Layri- Last year we dressed up Jade (our Pug) in a snow white costume, I think a devil fits her better too! She's crazy, and a bit of a B too! Though I saw a Bride of Frankenstein one that she would look good in. Take whatever loss you can!!!

FB- Congrats on being first place!! Keep it up!!! So sorry your baby is sick!

Retire- I don't feel so bad then, I bought hard boiled eggs and ate them as a meal too, in the car! LOL! IT works for me, it is better than going to some fast food joint and loading up like you said!!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #37  

So far so good, day one! I'm relieved that the entire work/school thing isn't slowing me down with working out/counting calories. I had class today and I find those days are easier for me. I bike to school and back (20 miles round trip) and pack lots of yummy, healthy, low cal food. I feel like I'm eating all day long, but I stay within my calories, so it's great!

My biggest worry is what I'll do when it gets cold outside. I started working out this summer and it's all been outdoor activities. I hate gyms and my living room is to small to do anything. I haven't figured out how I'll stay on track when it gets cold outside!
cdiem4994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:00 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Today was kind of rough in the fact that I am back at school, and my body is being forced to get on another schedule eating wise. By the time we went to lunch, I was famished!!! haha But we were in meetings all morning long, so there wasn't much time to sneak out for a snack.

Today is the one day in the year that the school provides us with lunch. There was actually a good selection this year....turkey rollup, small bag of pretzels, fruit, and one single Nature Valley granola bar. So, it was a pretty good lunch overall.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #39  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

On track and humming right along. (Today, anyway... I take this one day at a time, sometimes one meal at a time.)

Tinky, sexy cop, huh? You know that we will want pictures. (If you are comfortable with that. )

Stephanie, he he over the cupcakes.

Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:18 AM   #40  

cdiem ~ have you tried the WATP videos? If not, give them a try, you really don't need any room at all, she has you walk back and forth but says you can just walk in place for that part if you don't have the room.

I'm hanging in there. I stuck with my plan pretty closely yesterday so I'm feeling good about things. DH even ended up making a cheesecake last night! Nope, didn't have any! <patting myself on the back here>.

Anyways, I think today is going to be a good day, because DH will be working late again, my big boys are going to their dads so it will just be me and DS6 tonight. If I can work up the energy, I may even do a WATP video.

The plan for today is roughly 1200 cal, and WATP tonight.

B: Cheerios/1%/Banana 260
L: Salad/Grilled Chicken Breast 400
D: Cup O Noodles, most likely, 290
S: Orange 50
Honey Maid Graham Crackers/1% 200
auer~j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 150/almost never weigh/115

Height: 5'2

I would like to! I have been lurking around the boards for some time, but have never officially joined until today, and I feel this will be a great start for me!
My goal is to lose 10 pounds...not very much, but I don't want to set myself up for failure
I WILL do it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:15 AM   #42  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

CDiem- When the weather turns cold, I either hit the treadmill ( I know you don't like indoor gyms) or I do Turbo Jam Dvds. They're fun and help you work up a good sweat.

Rain- LOL I will post pics! I still need to post my wedding pics. LOL!

Auer- I love Cup O Noodles too, but the salt swells me up too much. Too bad they don't make a low sodium version.

I will Do it- Like your name sake, you can do it!! 10 lbs is a great start!!!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

I am so surprised at myself...but in a very good way!! My friend and I had mentioned in the past about joining a new gym in a nearby town, but we hadn't really talked about it again since before the summer. Anyway, we started back up at school today and when we ran into each other during prep periods, we mentioned it again.

So....we are going over to the gym in about 30 minutes to sign up!!! I never would have thought I would sign up for a gym, but I'm actually kind of excited about it! haha
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 248/230/160

Height: 5'9"

Hello, I am definitely in.
Jammy, I agree. I think I will set my goals high this time and if I don't make it, then at least I made it part way and that is something.
Goals are:
1) lose 5 lbs by Halloween bringing me to 225lbs
2) get up and do my work outs in the MORNING during the week
3) Keep the cals b/t 1400-1700
4) Do some sort of physical activity on the weekends with the DH
Sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:17 PM   #45  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

Talking On my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chele615 View Post
I am so surprised at myself...but in a very good way!! My friend and I had mentioned in the past about joining a new gym in a nearby town, but we hadn't really talked about it again since before the summer. Anyway, we started back up at school today and when we ran into each other during prep periods, we mentioned it again.

So....we are going over to the gym in about 30 minutes to sign up!!! I never would have thought I would sign up for a gym, but I'm actually kind of excited about it! haha
That's great news. It's always good to have a workout buddy if you can. Just be sure to not let them dictate your habits, in other words if they slack it doesn't mean you have to. That was a problem I had once. I am sure you will both be there for each other to motivate when one of you wants to skip.

I was going to Curves myself a few years back and it was great. I wanted to rejoin but the money factor was an issue. So the most awesome thing happened. I was telling my boss about this and she said, "I tell you what, I will pay for your monthly membership as long as you go regularly. If you drop below 10 visits a month, I am docking your pay!" *GULP* At first I wasn't so sure of going along with that. Then I had to think of why, and it was because I was afraid I would slack off, so it was perfect. One thing I don't mess around with is my money, so what a great motivation for me to take my but to the gym regularly. My boss is awesome for doing this.

As for the challenge, I am on track and doing well. I actually started my program a week ago Monday and have lost 2 lbs or so. But I won't put official numbers on that til my monthly weigh-in. I made it to the gym today and got all my water in yesterday and will succeed for today too. Making that chart to keep track of my workouts and my water intake was a great idea. I have it on my fridge and every time I go into the kitchen, I have to drink an 8oz glass of water. I just keep the measuring cup handy and it makes it pretty easy to get in 64oz.
I am very determined to meet my goals and I'm really glad I joined
3FC's.

to those struggling. Don't give up!

C
ChristinaGetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote