Old 10-14-2008, 08:03 AM   #286  

I've been having trouble fitting in excercise too. Life is crazy with work/school and now it's midterms. I've decided that if I can maintain during this next week of ultra high stress, than I will be rocking. If I can stay on track with calories this week, I can stay on track with calories during anything.

I feel better now that I'm not weighing myself every day. I still think about it constantly (which is enough reason to put the scale away), but it's nice not having that daily negative reinforcement.

I cleaned my cubbards out Saturday to give all the food I don't eat to a friend of mine. Wow! I had soooo much junk I don't eat anymore. Popcorn, mac & cheese, noodles and more. I was amazed.

I know I make better choices on a daily basis. Even when I want a bit of chocolate, I can now be happy with just a taste instead of a binge, which is a huge difference.
cdiem4994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:41 AM   #287  
FB

My weight hasn't changed much in the last 3 weeks - but I'm trucking along. I think I'll make the goal just in time. Happily, despite my scale's crappy feedback, I'm fitting into new jeans that didn't fit when I bought them about a month ago for inspiration....

SIZE 12!

Stoked! I started in a tight size 22 in January, so really, I have nothing to complain about. SIZE 12!!! I've been an exercising fool, know that is changing my body composition.

I'm starting another local Biggest Loser competition tomorrow. The last one was great for motivation and I won, with a 15.9 percent loss in 12 weeks. Yay for motivation and cash money! Ready to do it all over again.

Off to the gym for some A.M. cardio.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

I hit my second 7 lb. Halloween goal today...AND I slid into a slim fit pair of Size 8 jeans last night.

This time the weight came off at a more respectable rate of a little under two pounds a week -- that first 10 lbs. went flying off at some crazy, freaky rate (I'm not sure WHAT was going on...I am not on a starvation diet or anything as I am averaging at least 1400 calories a day and usually more like 1600/1700 with just moderate exercise...who knows...), but anyway...yay me! That is 17 lbs. lost since whenever it was we started this thing.

Now I just need to go buy a costume.

Last edited by Schumeany; 10-15-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 248/230/160

Height: 5'9"

Congrats Shumeany on the size 8!! That is amazing! And FB on the size 12!!! You guys are doing fantastic. I am still sitting at the same weight, but I am on TOM right now and definitely feel very bloated so fingers crossed SOME loss will happen. I'm proud of myself for staying OP despite not seeing any change in the scale. I have to be losing something because people at work are now noticing saying things like. Have you lost weight and that my arms look very "toned". So hopefully they're right!
Sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:58 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Isn't it funny when people at work just randomly start noticing? One of the women that I work with had complimented me on my weight loss last Thursday and then this morning (we had a long weekend), she couldn't get over how nice I looked. She was also joking that I had to break down and buy some new pants soon!! haha The pants I was wearing today were only held up by a belt....and even with the belt, they were still huge!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 173/173/150

Height: 5'6

I would like to work out 3 times per week and lose 6 lbs by Halloween. I'm brand spankin new today, lack discipline and have major binging issues. I'm hoping that checking in with all of you can help me to change that.
Dara5377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:08 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Dara....and good luck!!! It's so nice having people to check in with everyday because it does add a bit of accountability.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:58 PM   #293  

I had an awesome thing happen today. I had a huge midterm, major super hard. When I was done, instead of celebrating by overeating, I rewarded myself with an ultra long, hard workout. It felt great! I love that I am looking to excercise instead of food to relieve stress. That is such a huge change for me!
cdiem4994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:57 AM   #294  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Cdiem, you rock! I love when working out gives you just the right high, and makes the world a better place.

I was lying in bed tonight, after a really hard workout this evening, and I turned to my husband and said, "My thighs feel great." They had that warm, tired feeling that is also somehow cozy...this sounds so odd to describe, but they felt as if they had been doing exactly what they were designed for and had now earned a well deserved rest. Six months ago, my thighs would NEVER have felt that way -- instead I would have spent the evening grazing in my kitchen.

My husband just smiled at me fondly.

Last edited by Schumeany; 10-15-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Tonight was my weigh in and I lost another 2.2 lbs. I am so excited. Tomorrow I have an appointment with a personal trainer at the gym. I get one free one with my membership. I can't wait to see what is going to happen when I start toning up.

Wish me luck and preserverance.

Last edited by scalewatcher; 10-15-2008 at 08:05 PM.
scalewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #296  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Morning, all! Well, my weight has been creeping up again, and is back to where I started this challenge, at 190.0. Stupid scale...grumble. It could be TOM, so I'm not freaking, but it could be that I haven't been getting the running in, so I really need a kick in the pants to get back on track with my exercise plan. I've been so focused on trying to get our home schedule back in order, with homeschooling, house and yard work...those are going better, so I feel really good about that. Now, if I can just get the exercise in there, and I also need to get my dogs' "workouts" in the schedule...if I can just get all those things going at once without dropping the ball, I'd be good. Okay, back to work for me...congrats to the tiny pants girls! Woohoo!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:33 PM   #297  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone. Just popping is to see how everyone is doing. And it seems that you are all doing pretty well. Congratulations on all of your victories, whether they are on or off a scale.

I had a four pound loss, last week. But I have been having a rough time staying on track and positive, this week. I had two bad days of eating. Monday and yesterday. Don't know what got into me. I hope I am past it, now. So far, so good. I am on track today.

Only 15 days to go in this challenge... Wonder where I am going to end up?
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #298  
FB

It happened - I reached the Halloween goal. Yay! I was stuck for a few weeks, but kept going 100% and the two pounds disappeared all at once this morning. Thank goodness! So cool, 178. How unreal, coming from 295 in the beginning of this year. I'm thrilled! I still don't know what my goal weight is. Huh. I know I still have to keep going though.

I don't think I'll add to this goal, but record what comes and wait for our next challenge. I get overzealous about numbers and honestly couldn't deal with the pressure, with the local B.L. contest I'm in too, relieved I made this one.

Jammy - you'll find your groove with time - I have no doubts. Things sounds very hectic right now and poo on TOM water weight. Hang tough kitten!

Raindancer - a 4 pound loss last week is great - 'grats! Don't HOPE you are past the two bad eating days, KNOW you are past it. Look how far you've come! 62 pounds is amazing!

Last edited by FB; 10-17-2008 at 10:10 AM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #299  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

FB, 178! I KNEW you were going to blast right by me... Congrats on hitting another amazing goal!

Rain, 4 lbs? holey smokes, girl...that is amazing!

As for me, I guess it was just TOM, because yesterday was the last day of it (sorry, TMI, I know) but today, I got on the scale and had a new low: 186.6! That's down a pound from before!

Forgot to say, I changed my Halloween Challenge goal, because I just realized, if I hit 185, that will be 50 lbs lost for me. A good milestone, and a lot more motivating than a random number. Not sure I'll hit this one, either, as slow as it's going, but I'm not giving up!

Last edited by jamsk8r; 10-17-2008 at 03:51 PM.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:40 PM   #300  

Hi ..I had a loss this week of 1.2 which puts me at 75lbs off!!! I still need to lose 6.2lbsfor the challeng so i need to lose 3 per week..not sure it will happen but I will be close and thats all that really matters to me!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote