Old 09-27-2008, 10:22 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 183/162/149

Height: 5'7''

I'd like to be at 164 by halloween...thats 9lbs yikes! hopefully i wont have any plateau moments in the next month-ish! I'm up for the challenge!
goodday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I am down 1 lb today, leaving me at 144.5, which I'm pretty happy about. I haven't lost a whole lb all at once in a while. That's 4.5 left for me to lose before Hallowe'en.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 248/230/160

Height: 5'9"

Hey there,
Just checking in. Haven't been on for a bit...really busy right now. Not losing yet...ARGH...BUT not gaining either!! Been stressed due to some male cat fighting on account of my dh's friends...can't BELIEVE how catty men can be too! Wish it didn't bother me, but it really does...I think that's the difference...my DH can shut off and not let it bother him...I can't. Congrats to all who are doing well! cya later :-)
Sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:33 PM   #244  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Sgirl, tell those idiots to save their drama for their mama. You sooo don't need that stress.

So, checking in, real quick. I am on track and have been exercising. I am hoping for a nice number on the scale, come morning. I know I am loosing. I will look at my arm or leg or whatever and realise with a small shock that it is a little smaller. I love those little moments. And I love having them become more frequent.

I am still holding pout hope that I will be very close to my Hallowe'en goal. I still don't know if I will reach it. But I am still trying.

Okay, later, gators.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Height: 5'7"

OP since last Wednesday... officially down 2 lbs since then....and moving my ticket to 163. I am happy with that. I woke up this morning knowing that the scale wouldn't show any more loss... I just felt it... I am feeling a little bloated today...don't know why...

Hope everyone has a GOOD OP week!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
didjaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 183/162/149

Height: 5'7''

down to 172 today! yay! 8lbs to go...with one month until halloween I think that is doable.

let's do this
goodday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #247  

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodday View Post
down to 172 today! yay! 8lbs to go...with one month until halloween I think that is doable.

let's do this
Congrats!! That is VERY doable!!!

I am 4 pounds away from my halloween challenge... then I will only be 9 pounds away from my ultimate goal for Christmas.... We are both aiming for 150 by Christmas....
Old 09-29-2008, 12:36 PM   #248  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Scalewatcher, 6.6 lbs?! That's a great first week!

dlphmomva, make sure you let the scale settle in for a day or so, in the room you want to use it in, before taking the reading seriously. Scales are sensitive to temperature changes. At least you'll be getting a nice accurate reading, now! Congrats on the 8 lbs!

Motomichelle, WTG on the weight loss this challenge!

Isabella, LOL on the 200 mile walk. That would definitely do it!

Chele, I know what you're saying. Sometimes I get frustrated that working out doesn't seem to show on the scale, but I just have to look for other changes. WTG on the inches and the one lb!

FB, I see you've been throwing the weight off, as usual. How's the munchkin? And, did you win the TBL challenge you entered?

Mommywannabe, you are rockin' this challenge! Woohoo!

Goodday, welcome to the challenge! Good luck with your 9 lbs! I see you've already busted one pound off toward that!

Layri, congrats on the pound!

Sgirl, at first I thought you were saying the men were causing the cats to fight. I'm like, "is this some new form of entertainment?" LOL. Sorry to hear about the drama. Just put them to work, is always my solution.

Rain, good luck with the weigh-in.

Didja, WTG on the 2 lbs...that's a good week!

My report: had a new low yesterday, 188.2, and hit that same number again today! Not on track with my Halloween goal, but there's always hope. Eating has been back OP since Thursday. The only exercise I've been getting is skating, but I've been making those regularly.

I do want to start training soon for a 12K I want to do in the spring (or summer? I have to look up the date). It's got killer hills, and will be a good training goal to shoot for, and the extra running shouldn't hurt the fat burn, either.

I'm missing the weight lifting, but have just been focused on getting some projects done around here before winter weather sets in. When I can get a little more organized with my schedule, I'm going to give the Y another shot, since I keep forgetting to cancel the membership. Figure I should give it one more try, and will try going 6 days instead of 3. Maybe if I go more often, it will be easier to make the habit stick.

I've been running my dogs, too. The weather finally turned, so as long as we get out early in the morning, we can run now. Grace is at 18/100 miles for that halloween goal, and Beorn is still at 7, since he was off for that torn pad. That's one goal I'm pretty sure I can hit before halloween (100 miles in harness, per dog). Having that goal posted here has really helped me stay on track with getting the dogs out as often as the weather allows!

NSV: okay, my pants are really, really falling off now, and are so loose they look ridiculous. So, I think I can definitely go for the 34" waist jeans now. Just have to find a different brand, since the ones I was getting are straight legged (only), which won't work with my normal winter footwear: good old rubber farm boots. Also, my stomach isn't bigger than my butt anymore, so I might actually have to buy girl jeans! (shock, awe!) Also, I am officially a size L shirt, which is pretty exciting, after however many years of being XXL, and even that was pushing it, at my highest weight.

Okay, I think that's all my news. Today I'm hoping to finish up work on the firepit...I'm learning how to do mortaring, so that's some exercise, even if it's not as much fun as weight lifting!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #249  

Here I am! I had a rough week last week. I guess I was sick (I thought it was allergies) so I slept a LOT in the last few days and didn't get my usual Thursday workout. I was ravenous yesterday, so totally off plan it was unreal. I haven't felt that way in awhile. I wish I knew why that happens, if there even is a reason. I'm not beating myself up to bad about it. I was busy today and had trouble getting all my calories again.

I went to aldi's for my shopping today. I haven't been there mch since I started countin gcalories. I checked the calories on some of my old 'favorite' foods. Yikes! 2 pretzel rods are 120 calories. I used to eat dozens of those in a day. My fav burritos are a whopping 240 calories each! I'd eat two of them for lunch and still be hungry. No wonder I was overweight.

I also bought 'Eat this, Not that'. It's an awesome book! So useful. I need to read it a few times to really absorb it.
cdiem4994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:24 AM   #250  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

Ok just wanted to pop in real quick and give the good news, I am 1lb PAST my goal. I guess I need to set loftier goals for myself in the future, huh? Well I still have to get my but in the gym more. I was surprised to have had a 3lb loss this week after lil to no exercise and not so goo eating. So I guess my goal now is to see how far over my goal I can get. hehe sounds like fun to me. I have a few more lbs for my BL goal too so that's something else to look forward to. Maybe I will join a Christmas goal thread now?

Yay for every one's weight loss and keep up the good work. Hugs to those struggling and kicks in the fanny for those that do better that way Ok I better get to bed so I can workout tomorrow!!
ChristinaGetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:30 AM   #251  

Jamsk: Congrats on your new size!! I know that is a GREAT feeling... I have found that women's Levi's have some nice new cuts... since buying new 14's... hopefully...soon to be 12's.

Christina: Congrats on passing your goal!!!

Last edited by didjaever; 09-30-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:50 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Wow everyone is doing so great!!

I was a little sick this weekend, I traveled last week and I think it got me a little over tired and under the weather. But I am back and on track again!! I just started to calorie cycle and I am hoping that will give me a boost towards my goal!! I am only 3 lbs from my Halloween goal!!!

Good luck to everyone and keep up the good work!!

Last edited by AngelMae; 09-30-2008 at 09:53 AM.
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I went to the gym this afternoon and I swear I couldn't make myself get comfortable on the machine at all!!! No matter how much I tried to fight through until my time was up, I just felt so tired and sore and whatnot. So, I ended up stopping about 2/3 of the way through. I am assuming that my body was telling me to take it a little easy today for whatever reason.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:09 PM   #254  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Didja, thanks for the tip. I'll check out the Levi's. I need something with "butt room", plus boot cut, I guess, so I can fit the legs over my work boots. If anybody knows a good brand, please keep the recommendations coming!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:51 AM   #255  

Hi everyone. My weight is all funky these days. I guess if it doesn't start moving, I will have to give the scale a break. I'm struggling staying on plan too. I have no clue why it is suddenly hard to stay within calories, but it is! The good news is, even when I go over, I don't go crazy over and it's all healthy food!
cdiem4994 is offline   Reply With Quote