Old 09-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #1  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Talking CC Halloween Challenge!

Time for a new challenge! We're setting our sights on Halloween this round.

What would you like to accomplish by October 31? Set a goal, any goal that motivates you: a certain number of pounds on the scale, a new outfit you'd like to fit into (like that Xena: Warrior Princess costume you've had your eye on...yeah, I'm psychic), miles or minutes of exercise, or any other milestone you want to strive for.

Post your goal here, and check in often for support, ideas, cheers, and that all important !
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #2  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

A new challenge. I was going to set a personal challenge to be met by my Birthday, but I kind of like the idea of Hallowe'en, better. It is a little sooner and will give me a little pressure, without freaking me out.

My goal is to fit in denim pants that I haven't worn in... Well... years. And two pretty cotton blouses that I bought four years ago and have never been able to wear. It is two months, I don't know if I can get to that point, but I am going to shoot for it. Nothing ventured... Nothing gained.

Good luck on your own challenges, everyone.

A little to get us all started.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/127/137

Height: 5 foot 2 inches

I would love to join in on the halloween challenge. I am going to try to be 185by halloween. That is a 14 pound loss. I would love to go past. I am also hoping to stay on plan with no big breaks like the past few weeks.
kelleewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #4  

Im in for the challenge...my goal is 225. That is 16lbs from today. My goal is also to exercise at least 5 times a week every week.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I'd like to join, if that's alright.

I'm not totally sure what my goal is at the moment. I might change it later, but for now my goal will be to get back to the weight listed on my ticker (I fell off the wagon and gained around 6 pounds back).

Also, I would like to completely cut out snacking after dinner in the evening.

Last edited by penmage; 09-01-2008 at 12:36 PM. Reason: to add another goal
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/157/130

Height: 5'5.5

I would like to join the challenge also. I'm hoping this will help me get back on track and stay on track. I would like to lose 9 pounds by Halloween. It'll help me be a little bit happier while picking out a Halloween costume too!
Jessica Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

Well, I did the Labor Day 5K...and now that the school year has begun, I will no longer be able to get my early morning walk in (I would need to get up at 5 a.m. and walk in the dark... no, thank you)...soooooo....I think for the next two months, my goal will be to keep the count accurate and keep it between 1400 and 1700! I will be trying to get in whatever walking I can get, and I think I'll pick up those stretchy things (the ones w/handles) to start working out. But the main goal is to keep myself honest with my numbers. I have been slipping lately, and the lure of the junk has become a siren's song in my ear...
judipurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5' 11"

I would like to be around 200 lbs by halloween - I know it is a looooong shot, and if I don't make it, I will not mind - as long as I can say that i kept to my plan all the way!!
Findmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #9  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Okay, here are mine. Decided I should make them a little more challenging this time. Last time I set "easy" goals and feel like I slacked off because of it.

1) 182 lbs on the scale. (8 pounds from today)
2) 165 lbs on my deadlift @ 5x5 (currently 131 lbs)
3) 5 miles for my long run (most I've ever done is a little over 5K)
4) for my dogs: 100 miles in harness by Halloween (starting from today)

There. That should keep me busy! Ack! Gotta run...got a dog to bathe and have been losing track of time on the computer...bad!
Old 09-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #10  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

OK, I'm in for the challenge. I will lose 9 pounds by Halloween. That's 1 pound a week.

Cheryl, you did lose more weight!! Way to go girl.

Last edited by retiredone; 09-01-2008 at 03:00 PM.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Time for a little honesty. I gained 10 pounds (really 26 but have gotten 16 out of the way). Anywho, I want to be under 200 by Halloween. 20 lbs in two months is doable if I stick to it!!
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 194/190/150

Height: 5'6"

Hrm. Goal by Halloween.

To be able to pull on the jeans that my grandmother got me and that my boyfriend accidentally shrunk into gods know what size...

To drop at least 12 pounds on the scale (which will put me below 180 and that'll be nice)...

To stay on plan at least 13 out of 14 days (we all have our off days)...

To fully embrace the whole foods lifestyle (again) and give up all the things I know aren't healthy for me (say goodbye to diet soda, Crystal Light, and refined sugars)...

To cook 6 out of 7 dinners per week and have all my lunches in...

That sounds about good for the two month stint.
Stephanie Brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #13  
inspired this time around

S/C/G: 161/149/130

Height: 5'3''

Do go down to 140lbs. I think it's totally doable!!! Also, I would like to exercise 4-5 times/week.
whoIwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:10 PM   #14  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Wow, we've got 12 challengers already! I'm following Isabella's lead and writing this down, because I have a hard time remembering later on, what each person's challenge goals were. (even my own, lol)

Good luck to every one of you on your challenge goals!

Rain Dancer, I'm with you on setting the bar high. Like I said, when I set goals that were more cautious last time, I really feel like it showed in my day-to-day eating and exercise habits. I want a goal that's attainable, but not too easy, because I'd rather it be enough of a stressor that I have to push myself in my workouts, and that I really think about my eating, not just at the end of the challenge, but every week from day one (today!), to try and reach that goal. These challenges have really made the difference for me, I think, because of the support and accountability, plus just getting to know all of you better...it keeps me on track better than anything else!
Old 09-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, I'm in too. I've had a lot of success in the past challenges without picking a number, so I'm sticking with that approach.

I'm getting closer to goal, so I'm trying to practice maintenance skills. I'd like to be able to go off-plan for specific meals/events more often, then get back on plan. I've only done that a couple times. I want to plan for a future where I watch my daily maintenance diet, but allow myself to eat off-plan for celebrations and social events on a more frequent basis.

Halloween is my favorite holiday... I'd love to wear a costume that shows off my thinner figure!

Last edited by yoyoma; 09-01-2008 at 05:21 PM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote