Old 04-29-2008, 09:08 AM   #256  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Well, I have 2 day's op under my belt. I seriously hope I can break this latest stall and get out of the 190's. I don't want to be here for 6 months or more like I was with the 200 -207 thing....

Vanetta, I thought you thoughts for the day were funny. I used to love Mt.Dew but had to stop drinking it after my last child because it gave me headaches. Caffeine gives me headaches.

Mel, I like the new thread every Sunday idea...at least until it slows down a bit. I know lots of peeps don't know where to jump in and just decided not to, and that's sad. I am gonna look for a red bracelet too or maybe a Red teeshirt. Alot of my workout and everyday clothes are..you guessed it...PINK!

Anyways, I am sleepy today. I don't think I got enough sleep. I am debating a nap or a workout....hmmmmm....

Also, who took my Spring???? I woke up to 33 degrees!!!!! WTH?! I hope all our Virginians are ok. I know there were some twister's up that way yesterday.

I'm going to try and get into chap 1 of Bob's book ( Are You Ready!) today sometime.

Everyone! Have a great OP day!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:08 AM   #257  

I also have a goal to be able to do 20 regular push-up. I want to do 40 eventually, but 20 is the first goal. I can do 6 right now. I couldn't do any last year. Is anyone else doing push-ups in their excersice?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:14 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello all! I am excited to start this challenge! my dh and I are going on our 10 year anniversary vacation in July and I really need something like this to help push me along to my goal! Looking forward to getting to know you all!
chick, I do push ups but i use my balance ball to do them, it makes them a little bit easier once you find your balance. I usually position the ball around my knees and do 2 sets of 30. I like doing pushups this way better than the old fashion way.
Gotta run! Check back later!
Stephanie
Old 04-29-2008, 09:14 AM   #259  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies I have to say I'm not easily overwhelmed, but this thread has my head spinningLOL! I'm ususally very good about personals, but for right now and my own sanity I'm just going to jump in where I can and go from there. I'm watching a 6 month old baby now also, so that makes getting on the computer whenever a little more difficult Well yesterday was complete crap for me. TOM is due at the end of the week, and I ate just about everything in my line of vision. I never made the gym either. It was 8:00 and Kev was like are you ready to go, and I almost just wanted to start crying! I honestly just wanted to go to bed. Although the baby is good, I'm not used to this. Then my sister spent the night last night to help with these goofy gas prices, and that drives me nuts. All of this has a lot to do with TOM coming. I can barely stand my own family when this time of month comes, let alone extras in my house. It's like every move she made I wanted to smack her. I've talked to my doctor many times about my PMS, and we've tried many things and nothing seems to work. Kev has just come to know to leave me alone, but my poor sister didn't know what was hitting her last night. She was like "maybe I won't spend the night anymore this week" good idea I told her!LOL! Like I said I feel awful, but I seriously can't help it....it's like something takes over my body! So my plan today is to get my butt back OP, and go to the gym no matter what. This cold weather is not helping me any either!!! I want the 70's back! God I sound like a Debbie Downer today...sorry girls. I promise I'm not usually like this. Well I hear the baby crying. Have a fantastic day ladies~
Old 04-29-2008, 09:15 AM   #260  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Chicki, I am up to 20, but I am dying during the last 5. Last year I could only get in 10. It takes time to get stronger. I fell VERY strong in my legs right now. I am seeing muscles already and I feel them when i am walking. I love it!

Does anyone know where I can get wickless candles? I have a burner for them that I got for Christmas, and I've run out, and I can't find any around here. Wonder if ArmyWife has any?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #261  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheywood4 View Post
Hello all! I am excited to start this challenge! my dh and I are going on our 10 year anniversary vacation in July and I really need something like this to help push me along to my goal! Looking forward to getting to know you all!
chick, I do push ups but i use my balance ball to do them, it makes them a little bit easier once you find your balance. I usually position the ball around my knees and do 2 sets of 30. I like doing pushups this way better than the old fashion way.
Gotta run! Check back later!
Stephanie
That's how I do my push-ups too!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:20 AM   #262  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Hang in there Tina girl! My TOM is due any day too and it is HARD to resist the junk! But I am trying. It's bad enough the scale goes up for absolutely NO reason, so I am trying to not to give it anymore of a reason, lol! I am fitting in a piece of choc (or two) into my plan. A girls gotta have chocolate sometimes.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:25 AM   #263  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 254/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey y'all! I've been reading and reading, and reading some more! I hope you all are doing well this morning. I'm well into day two of being OP (with my eating) and I'm taking it one day at a time during this challenge. The next item on the agenda is to get in some exercise. My plan is to work my way up to at least five days a week.

You all are inspiring me to get with the program!!

Have a great day!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:49 AM   #264  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
I happen to like the taste of mountain dew lol but I don't want the caffeine.
My dh and kids love the Red Mtn. Dew around here.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #265  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post

I'm going to my first spinning class tonight, a little scared but excited!!
Have a GREAT time at your class!!! Cant wait to hear how it went!! Spin bikes scare the bejeezers outta me! LOL!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #266  
Melissa

Way to go CAT!!! Excellent job staying 100% OP yesterday!!

JenJen...I'd love to take a look at your pattern for bracelets!

Kerry...oh I really like those bracelets! I noticed she's only got 3 in stock though LOL! I think I might just order one of those. Thanks for the link!

Shelby...you can do it!!! you are in control!!! Just think about how great its going to feel at the end of the week when you turn it around and get back on that healthy track!! I know you can do it!!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:01 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 247/229/165

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! Still a little tired this morning.

Vanetta - Your Reds won last night. But we made it a close one It was still a fun game. And we had really good seats so that was a plus! Too bad it was so cold.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

1. What would you like us to call you? Joyce or joylove...what ever you prefer

2. What eating plan are you using? LA Weight Loss Red Plan...will probably switch to purple when I hit 220 lbs.

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? I mostly love walking but also have to add some strength training in and different types of cardio for variety.

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Making the time to exercise has been what I’ve been struggling with lately. Hopefully, since this challenge is during the summer, I will not be able to use time as an excuse.

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Drinking water, lots of it. I’m pretty good at sticking to my plan most of the time too.

6. What is your short term goal? I have 19 lbs to go on my current short term goal. That will put me at 216 lbs. By the end of this challenge, I hope to reach that goal plus another short term goal of 10% of my body weight which will put me at 194 lbs (onederland...yay). So, my big lofty (yes, I know it is high) goal for this challenge is 41 lbs. It is going to take a lot of work. Wish me lots of luck

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? I guess a new wardrobe since I will need it...lol. I guess the intrinsic reward to me is really enough though. I love reaching a goal I thought I could never achieve.

8. Best weight loss tip? I’m learning that water, water, and more water is helping me so much. I can really tell a difference when I don’t get enough water.

9. Bob or Jillian? I love both of them so really can’t choose...sorry.

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I’m 35 years old with two great sons, one 13 years old and one almost 13 months old. I’m a special education teacher and I love my job. I volunteer with the boy scouts in my older son’s troop and love to go camping with them. The most important thing to me right now is to keep reaching my weight loss goals. I want to be healthy for myself, my husband, and my kids. I really need to set a good example for them.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:10 AM   #269  
Melissa

LOL Diva...you know I'm gonna vote for the gym!!! Maybe today just needs to be a light day! Sorry about your spring, we actually finally found some yesterday now its all dark and gonna rain again!

Chicki...we should totally do a pushup challenge!! We did this a couple of challenges back. Did you know a 35 year old woman should be able to do like 40 pushups? I'm gonna have to look those stats up again but, lets plan on that for a mini challenge!

Good Morning Tina!...its too hard to do personals right now to everyone so remember to just do what ya can! I hope your day goes better and you find a little sunshine!!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #270  
Melissa

Joyce...boy you sure spaced those kids out didnt ya! 35lbs lost is fantastic!!! Way to go! I've got a 13 year old girl so I can totally relate!