Old 04-28-2008, 10:14 PM   #226  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Necessities in my house:

- Water - the big huge jugs you put in the fridge so I don't pollute using all those water bottles lol. I am sure there is a better way but this works best for me now.

- Fruit bars (frozen) - sometimes sugar free sometimes not - I have to have dessert some nights

- chicken, turkey, and lean ground beef
- onions, garlic, peppers, lettuce, tomatoes for sides, salads etc
- rice - all varities but i can't eat brown it makes me gag lol
- eggs
- low fat cheese
- lean cuisines for lazy days
- kashi heart to heart cereal, the love of my life in the AM or kashi pumpkin spice bars yummm
- coke - i am now focusing on not having one every day, hoping to wean myself to 1 a week by the end of the challenge
Old 04-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I love the snappy bracelet idea!!

I did awesome today. Food completely OP
Ran for 30 minutes b4 work because I needed to get it in b4 it started raining, also did 12 minutes on the elliptical and 85 upper and 85 lower crunches. And I drank 4L of water while I was at work. I need to get back to my 150 I weighed in at and post a loss for the week and I will!!

My must haves - low carb too
Dannon lite and fit
Schwann's Sugar Free fudge bars, awesome
Salad stuff
water, although we have an awesome drilled well so we keep a gallon in the fridge icy cold and just take bottles when we are headed out
Crystal Light
Eggs
Protein, fish, chicken, whatever
Horseradish
Cheese- love the horseradish cheese from Cabot and goat cheese
All sorts of veggies, red peppers, green peppers, leeks, beans, asparagus, sugar snap peas, whatever looks yummy.
Pesto (have artichoke pesto now)

Last edited by mothermavis; 04-28-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #228  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToTomAndAlex View Post
Okay.... so I had a bit of a play and came up with this.....

AWESOME!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #229  
I believe in myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToTomAndAlex View Post
You can do whatever you like with the picture ... that's why I made it. I might be breaching all kinds of copyright though... ... so if anyone asks... it wasn't me....

to whom ever, thanks as I have it on my 'puter as background. I had to get rid of my lovely koala's but I think they'll understand.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 PM   #230  
I believe in myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHeather View Post
It's hard to keep up the first few weeks. I'd forgotten about that from last challenge!

Well we just got Exercise TV on our cable On Demand channel and there is one Bob workout and one Jillian workout. The Bob workout is cardio and the Jillian is strength. I can do the Jillian - no problem. THE BOB WORKOUT KICKS MY BUTT. Wow. I can only do about 12 minutes before I'm wiped out! I guess this gives me a short term goal: FINISH THE BOB WORKOUT!
Yep those are the Power sculpt and Cardio Max workouts. I saw those on fit t.v. after I bought them.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #231  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

yea i was watching fit tv today... i have set to dvr to record a few workouts for me...and will try a few of the exercise on demand workouts tomorrow.....also dvr'ed a bellydancing workout (Shimmy). i wanna try it. LOL
i love DVR!! LOL
Old 04-28-2008, 11:00 PM   #232  
I believe in myself

Alrighty, caught up again!! There were 8 new pages since I posted this morning. So my yardwork all together lasted 90 minutes. I'm feeling it a bit in my knee, but I did put some icy hot on it an it's relaxing. Went to Outback tonight for dinner with the in laws. I had the Queensland salad with blue cheese dressing on the side, brought a little more than half home. Had 1 slice of the bread and 6 petals from the bloomin' onion and drank water w/ lemon. I think I did pretty good.
Well I'm off to dreamland. I want to get a good night's sleep, I'm giving blood tomorrow at the school for their blood drive.
Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:12 PM   #233  
Proud Red Team Member

S/C/G: 276/ticker/123

Height: 5'

Wow you ladies are busy!!! Will have to try better tomorrow to keep up. I love the idea of wearing red, or the bracelet idea. I will have to look for one for myself. I really like the idea of one that I can snap when I need a good kickin. lol Well off to get my test done. Have a few more things for homework to do tonight. Talk to you all tomorrow!!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:20 PM   #234  
Domestic Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Whats the point of caffeine free mt. dew? LOL!!! VERY good question Vanetta!

Just an fyi...here in Canada Mt. Dew *is* caffeine free! I guess they consider it a kid's soda since it's lemon/limey.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:30 PM   #235  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy not OP

hey everyone! im not OP today. ive been trying really hard but i truly let my emotional eating get the best of me today. my mom has been sick for over 7 weeks and its taking its toll on me right now. i live about 4 hrs away and would like to be there but cant due to job and monetary conflicts. tonight i found out my dad has been diagnosed with diabetes as well. its all just too much right now. its funny how the first thing that i let go is something that will benefit me. i dont want to have the heart disease, and diabetes that my dad has, i already have the high cholesterol that both my parents have. i NEED to lose this weight. i want to start fresh tomorrow and not screw up.

does anyone have any tips to help me get moving. i love working out but it seems once the day gets going i fail to exercise. i know i need to. and im not a morning person but if theres a way to ease into waking up early ill try it. any tips, ideas?
Old 04-28-2008, 11:52 PM   #236  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

you just have to WANT to bjeweled. When you really have that *desire* you'll find time for it. Light a fire somehow, give yourself a good reason to get up and exercise. If you're not a morning person, there isn't a way to become one other than just doing it and maybe being a little grouchy during it lol.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:57 PM   #237  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeweled View Post

does anyone have any tips to help me get moving. i love working out but it seems once the day gets going i fail to exercise. i know i need to. and im not a morning person but if theres a way to ease into waking up early ill try it. any tips, ideas?
You have to find something that is fun for you! Only you can know what you like to do. I found hula hooping...who knew! LOL! Sometimes you just have to keep trying things out till you find a fit! But find something that is going to be fun, something you can enjoy doing, that way you'll keep doing it!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #238  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
Looking for a read bracelet tomorrow -- maybe one with some kind of elastic to it so I can snap it to get me back on track when I stray!!
Well, now dont hurt yourself!! LOL!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:03 AM   #239  
Melissa

Just so everyone knows normally on the Red team we do a Question of the Day (QOTD) but I've decided to hold off on doing that this first week because I feel like we should use this week as a get to know you week. Its busy enough around here as it is without throwing in journaling questions right?

I'm also thinking we should do a new thread on Sundays, just to keep things under control somewhat. I dont want anyone feeling like its overwhelming and then not posting with us because of it.

We are still looking for the answer to our Red Team bracelet search. Is everyone going to just go make/buy one themselves? Would you like me to make a couple? Or should we continue to search? Lets try to decide by the end of the week so we can get rolling on our special reminder!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:05 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Holy cow, this thread gets long faaast. I caught up tonight though!

My must haves:
  • hardboiled eggs
  • laughing cow cheese
  • delightful multigrain bread
  • la tortilla factory small tortillas
  • costco brand weight loss shakes- I'm not much of a breakfast person, and these make it easy
  • sugar free strawberry preserves
  • lean ground beef
  • stew meat- I trim off all the fat and cook it up to make some carne asada burritos
  • low fat cheddar/colby/whatever
  • fiber one bars
  • carrots or yams- I make a souffle with splenda, egg white, and pumpkin pie spice....soooo good.
  • DIET PEPSI- I don't think I could live without it...

I think those are all my must haves. Other things are definitely in the rotation, but those are the staples.

Today was definitely not a good day for the plan. No exercise and I ate badly. No excuse, of course, just a rough day and I let the emotions get to me. Of course it doesn't help that I decorate cakes and there are always extras

Tomorrow I want to get back to the lowish carb thing from Jillian's book. I definitely need to hit the grocery store though before lunch. The fridge is majorly empty.