Old 04-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #166  

Toni - welcome to the RED team in your year of the RED!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #167  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Okay.... so I had a bit of a play and came up with this.....

What do you think? I'm going to print one out and stick it on a red workout T-Shirt You can buy iron on Fabric Transfers that you can print out on your printer at home ... and they're pretty good.

If anyone else is interested, the link to the big version is here....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3249/...b328e99e_o.jpg

If you all hate it, I'll run away and hide....
Old 04-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #168  

Very cute, Kerry! edited to add: I may have to print off a couple of copies. One for the front of the refrigerator and one for next to the tv/exercise dvds!

Last edited by ksk571; 04-28-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:48 PM   #169  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

Quote:
This challenge couldn't have started on a better day -- I was back to my old ways and needed a swift kick in the rear to get back on track -- you saved me!!
Me too, Shelby!!!!!! I'm loving it already. I feel soooo good when I'm OP, so why is it so hard for me to stay there??? lol
Old 04-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #170  

Wow...did it really take me two hours to catch up on this thread? Indeed, as a proud product of the KY public school system I think that is a true accomplishment. <just kidding...I love my "Old KY Home" and would rather be there than here>

I must be psychic...as I work on computers 60 or so hours a week, I tend to take weekends off from the tech world so I didn't find out what team I was on until this morning...and what do I have on? A RED sweatshirt.

OK, Survey Says:

1. What would you like us to call you? Vanetta works, I answer to Vanessa also, but that is my sisters name.

2. What eating plan are you using? Calorie Counting

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? bicycling

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? not eating out of boredom

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Focus...this time it's for me.

6. What is your short term goal? 10%

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? I have so many rewards lined up for when I reach my overall goal, I'm just pushing forward.

8. Best weight loss tip? Do it for YOU ! ! You are so worth it.

9. Bob or Jillian? Jillian

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I'm 44...I moved from the Commonwealth of Kentucky to Seattle, for some unknown reason ,10 years ago...I have a BA in Elementary Education...I work for a bunch of millionaires <ok, don't get me started>...my current career <25 years> is in Information Technology...but I am committed to making a career change (SAHM sounds good, but I would have to have kids, right?)....ummmmm, what else? Love sports...Reds and Bengals for the pros, UK Wildcats for college hoops....just ask if there is anything else.

HAPPY TO BE ON THE RED TEAM ! ! And I am sure that this post takes up a whole page on its own...hehehehe

OH - and love the bracelet idea...just not too jangly, as I am not all about the BLING !
Old 04-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #171  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

love it....i might put that on some workout shorts or sports bra or something lol i love pink, so dont have much red in the wardrobe LOL
got my son down for a nap...so need to get my fitness on now before we have to get DD from school at 3pm....i have the tv on fittv....and its bellydancing now..but hubby's coming home and i dont dare try that while he's home....
Old 04-28-2008, 01:02 PM   #172  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

i just made the big version of that as my desktop background of the laptop...so whenever i'm on the computer (i.e. ALWAYS!), i'll have a constant reminder
Old 04-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #173  
Catherine

S/C/G: 446/389/200

Height: 6'2

Holy crap the thread moves soooo fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife02 View Post
i just made the big version of that as my desktop background of the laptop...so whenever i'm on the computer (i.e. ALWAYS!), i'll have a constant reminder
I just did that too I thought nothing would ever make me change my Roger Federer background But, I guess I was wrong
Old 04-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #174  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

haha.. i can't believe i'm part of a team that has hit five pages already! this is so cool.

Vanetta- you're sister's name is vanessa? that's so cute!

so i'm trying to do my part and i google "red bracelet" and the first 3 sites were kabbalah sites! [not that there is anything wrong with kabbalah, but yeah, i was like, wow, that was NOT what i was looking for ]

and oh yeah!

must haves

def coke zero or diet sunkist or diet dr pepper or diet barqs
laughing cow light
tofu shirataki
eggs
tomatoes
egg beaters [it totally seems like more egg than it is!]
lettuce
ken's salad dressing sprays
pure protein bars and shakes -- they actually taste good!

yep, i love me some food!

Last edited by jayohwhy; 04-28-2008 at 01:40 PM. Reason: forgot my list!
Old 04-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #175  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanity0326 View Post

9. Bob or Jillian? Jillian. I like Bob but I think that BL makes him out to be nicer than he really is. With Jillian, what you see is what you get.

Oh no she didn't! Blasphemy!

I was on the Red team challenge before last, so I guess I am a returnie too.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #176  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I dunno Toni, Danielle (red team member) actually met Bob a couple of weeks ago and she says he is EXACTLY as they portray him on the show. I think this last season they tried to make him out to be mean. Everything I've read so far in his book leads me to believe he really is a genuinely loving caring man.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #177  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToTomAndAlex View Post
Okay.... so I had a bit of a play and came up with this.....

What do you think? I'm going to print one out and stick it on a red workout T-Shirt You can buy iron on Fabric Transfers that you can print out on your printer at home ... and they're pretty good.

If anyone else is interested, the link to the big version is here....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3249/...b328e99e_o.jpg

If you all hate it, I'll run away and hide....
OH! I LOVE that!i'M Soooooo snagging it!
Old 04-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #178  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

OMG Kerry!!!! that is so awesome!! I LOVE IT!!! Is it okay if I post it on my blog page?

Joy....so ya love those tofu noodles huh? I can take them for a little bit but then the texture starts to gross me out. I suppose thats how I keep the portions in check huh? LOL!
Old 04-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

This week and next are super busy for me... but I promise I'll read a few threads here and there, and once I have more time, I'll try to keep up with more of the chatter.

1. What would you like us to call you?
May (it's my middle name)

2. What eating plan are you using?
Right now... whatever I can grab on the go that isn't TOO terrible for me. I'm a calorie counter when I'm less busy, and tend to eat fairly low-fat.

3. What is your favorite way to exercise?
Running (find me in the C25K threads!), videos (especially kickboxing, step, and the FIRM), and tennis.

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with?
I LOVE CANDY.

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at?
I find exercise to be a nice "me time" where I can put away Student May and Scientist May and Wife May and just enjoy myself... so I do it at least a few times a week

6. What is your short term goal?
I'd like to exercise 24 days in May.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal?
A CD or book.

8. Best weight loss tip?
Be conscientious! Keep track of food and exercise in some way, weigh in often enough to stay accountable, learn all you can about eating healthy and exercising safely.

9. Bob or Jillian?
Jillian

10. Tell us a little about yourself!
I'm a student, finishing my Masters degree in 2 weeks, and going into a Ph.D. program in the fall (2 weeks after this challenge ends!). I have a husband, no children yet (probably some day). No pets right now, but I have a passion for fancy goldfish. I like video games, football, fantasy novels, rock music, and Will Ferrell movies. I'm terrible at crocheting, baking, and volleyball. I could give you fun facts about myself for days.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #180  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

You can do whatever you like with the picture ... that's why I made it. I might be breaching all kinds of copyright though... ... so if anyone asks... it wasn't me....