Old 04-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #376  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Okay, back! I am HUNGRY this morning, which stinks because I was going to try and do the Yoga on Fit-tv this morning and then eat breakfast. They say not to eat before Yoga, but why? and who are "they" anyways? I always wondered who "They" are.
Okay first it looks like you're talking to yourself this morning he he

I don't know about you but if I do yoga soon after eating I have some well stomach issues that I'd rather not share with others in the class!! I try to go on Thursdays (6pm) and Saturdays (8am). On Thursdays I just have a snack around 4 and then dinner right after. On Saturdays I just chug a cup of coffee and don't eat until after. I'm normally starving by the time I get back home but better then the alternative

Last edited by Fat Chick B Gone; 04-30-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:04 AM   #377  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

I have been known to talk to myself a time or two, lol!

Tina, Have fun @ your meeting tonight. I think I have just as much a hard time the week before my period and the first few days of as you do. Sucks being a girl sometimes. I got my little matt ready to do the Fit-tv yoga this morning, and said screw it, and ate breakfast instead, lol! I can't seem to follow that one, so I may just do the yoga class @ the GYM later. I have seen some of the All Star Workouts, and have a few recorded, along with the Shimmy! I got a great Ball workout (mostly abs) from Fit-Tv too. It is one of the Caribbean shows.

I felt god doing the Belly Dancing until Matt came in and I had to quickly send him out. That was MY time!!!
EDIDT:! OMG! LOL.
It felt GOOD, not god...now that would have been an experience!

Last edited by Diva; 04-30-2008 at 09:09 AM. Reason: typos....again
Old 04-30-2008, 09:20 AM   #378  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I was going to say did ya feel the holy spirit moving through ya while you were doing itLOL! I've done a few ball workouts also, and love them. I love that channel period though!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:45 AM   #379  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone. I finally found this thread. I am a little slow.
I hope you are all doing well. I am currently on vacation and I hope I am doing enough walking to keep the pounds down.
Have a wonderful day and I will go back and try to read all the posts.
I decided to do this challenge to help get me back on track. As I feel accountability here.
Thank you all
Ann
Old 04-30-2008, 09:46 AM   #380  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post

In unrelated news I'm down 5lbs since our original weigh in!! toot toot on my own horn :-)
WOOOOHOOOO Heather!!!! Excellent job!!! Congrats on a fantastic loss!! I'm with you I dont think I'd like spinning either, I prefer to ride my own bike outside! Keep up the great work!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:50 AM   #381  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickichickibangbang View Post
hun.e.b....any specifics on the challenge, besides having it start on sunday?

oh, and i love the hard attitude! lol....i saw a pic of jillian on her website with a t-shirt that said "bully" and i thought, well, sometimes you do need someone to push you a little harder..
I'll post it up for you on Saturday, just know I'm gonna make ya push yourself! And it will only run for 14 days so that we dont burnout. I think we all like those little challenges to keep it fresh. Be ready to show us what you are made of! I'm really excited to see how many of us can make the goal I'm gonna set! Myself included LOL!!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #382  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Okay, back! I am HUNGRY this morning, which stinks because I was going to try and do the Yoga on Fit-tv this morning and then eat breakfast. They say not to eat before Yoga, but why? and who are "they" anyways? I always wondered who "They" are.
[
I dunno Diva...I think it was Jillian who said not to do ANYTHING on an empty stomach. I trust her more than "they" LOL! That being said I think I'm gonna hate when you get a job! Me too for that matter LOL!

Last edited by Hun.e.B; 04-30-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:55 AM   #383  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybones View Post
I don't know where we're supposed to post our pushup-challenge stats - I doubt in here as there is already enough going on!

I do have a warning though -- don't try to do the crunches right after the plank move. I wasn't even thinking this morning when I did that and my number of crunches was crazy low because my abs were all like "ummm...hello?! we just held the plank for how long and now you want us to do what? you're nuts lady!"
LOL!! I love your inner dialog this morning! Just hold onto your starting numbers for those exercises! Gimme till Friday afternoon after I take my 2 exams and I'll get a thread started for us to post our starting numbers in! I had said Saturday before but I'll have it up there on Friday afternoon..promise!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #384  
Melissa

REPOST FOR THOSE WHO MISSED IT:

Sometime between now and Sunday everyone needs to try and see how many (or how long) they can do of the following:

Pushups
Plank position
crunches
chair position
Balance on one foot with arms straight over head
Balance on the other foot with arms straight over head

all this is, is to set your starting point! Look for the thread to post your starting numbers Friday afternoon, till then just hold on to them!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:01 AM   #385  
Melissa

Someone needs to teach me how to quote multiple times in one thread so I dont have to start a new one for each! LOL! Can you believe in all my time on 3FC I still dont know how to do that?

I made some pretty wrong choices with my food yesterday. I've got no excuse for it either, it was that I'm stressed, need to study, need to put something in my face eating. Not a TON of food just bad choices all around. Today will be better! On an up note I've been choosing to walk alot more than drive or catch the bus or any other easy way of getting out of moving. If my dd would get her butt moving I might even walk her to school this morning!

Have a FANTASTIC day Red team!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #386  
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Well, feeling better today, not quite as painful. So quick question: how do you do the plank and chair positions? I got everything else down, and I imagine I'll be up for it on Friday and Saturday.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:14 AM   #387  
Melissa

http://free.naplesplus.us/articles/v...om-realage.com

You'll find both plank and chair on this page if I remember right they are called
Steady the Plank and Invisible chair. Let me know if this doesnt help you figure it out!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:15 AM   #388  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Hun- Thanks for reposting that because I must of missed it the first time around. I'll do that this afternoon while the baby is napping. Is this the challenge that will run 14 days? After that do we make up a new one? Just wanting to get my facts straight!LOL! I have no idea how to post multiple quotes, so I'm of no help there Have a great day girl~
Old 04-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #389  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Someone needs to teach me how to quote multiple times in one thread so I dont have to start a new one for each! LOL! Can you believe in all my time on 3FC I still dont know how to do that?

I made some pretty wrong choices with my food yesterday. I've got no excuse for it either, it was that I'm stressed, need to study, need to put something in my face eating. Not a TON of food just bad choices all around. Today will be better! On an up note I've been choosing to walk alot more than drive or catch the bus or any other easy way of getting out of moving. If my dd would get her butt moving I might even walk her to school this morning!

Have a FANTASTIC day Red team!!!
While your reading the posts click the blue icon in the lower right corner that have a quotation mark and a plus sign, it will turn orange. Keep reading and click that icon each time you want to reply to something. When you are ready to write your stuff click the post reply button and it will have all your quotes so that you can write in between them.

I hope this makes sense.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:31 AM   #390  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning RED!

I am down another pound, so onto day 3 of being OP! I am also officially at my 30 pound total loss, which is great. I'm looking for another 10-15 by mid-June so my husband will be shocked when he gets off that plane. It's keeping me motivated.

Well I am off to work then the gym, so have a great day everyone!