Old 04-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #286  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanetta View Post
s:

...I love to work one on one with people and I would like to particularly work with the extreme overweight who basically need their hand held in order to lose the weight and change their lives for the positive.... I am truly interested in helping out those that cannot seem to help themselves due to lack of interest, self esteem, motivation or whatever the case may be...

Uh, yeah, totally offensive! I mean, to me, mainly the part about "the extreme overweight who basically need their hand held in order to lose the weight." What the heck?

So, I love the idea of a weekly thread. I just wanted to say that.

I ate McDonald's for lunch today too. I have to confess. But I didn't do anything naughty! I had a grilled classic chicken, no mayo. I think it's under 400 calories. No fries, no drink. I had water with it when I got home. I let my kids get a Happy Meal about 2x a month, usually if they've been good at the store (today they were angels). Now as soon as I can get the younger two down for their naps, I'm going to let the oldest play computer games while I attempt to finish that Bob Harper workout!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #287  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Karen- Your right about me going through a rough patch when TOM comes...I tell ya now that I'm done having kids I don't see why I have to deal with thisLOL! I'm making today better no matter what!

Diva- I could just see ya all decked out in pink at the gym

Cat- Your knee is still bugging ya, huh? I hope it starts feeling better soon
Old 04-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

I would love to do a pushup challenge! Last time I tried, I can do them in sets of ten (about 2 sets!) but on number 8 through 10, my form tends to be very crappy - I usually make my husband watch me and correct me while I do them because otherwise the bottom goes up and the back she bends...

Yesterday was very good on plan and I even made it to the gym on the way home from work. Today I couldn't get up at my usual gym time (0430 AZ time - which is 730 for the east coasters) and I will instead be trying to do a nice long walk this evening with the dogs. I hope, no I PLAN to stay on Plan today too!

I do have on question for you ladies - when it is that TOM, how do you stick to your exercise routine? I can typically survive the food cravings and wanting to kill my husband, but my energy level drop to next to nothing and all I want to do is curl up in my bed with some Advil and a heating pad.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #289  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Before I go back and catch up on all the posts since I was last here, allow me to vent....I was just out looking at a forum on a personal trainer website and a person looking into the certification process introduced themselves like this:

...I love to work one on one with people and I would like to particularly work with the extreme overweight who basically need their hand held in order to lose the weight and change their lives for the positive.... I am truly interested in helping out those that cannot seem to help themselves due to lack of interest, self esteem, motivation or whatever the case may be...

Am I just being overly sensitive today, or is that offensive? I could rant on, but I'm going to go back and catch up on the thread.
WOW, I find that extremely offensive!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #290  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

Talking

Hello Ladies!

I think we overloaded the server because this is the first time i could log on all day!

cakses, melissa, mavis, joy, karen and vanetta - thank you all so much for your words of encouragement and tips to help me. its just been a hard time lately but i am ready to attack this demon of unmotivation i am going to begin trying to get up and go to the park by my house. and then if i can do something else in the evenings. i appreciate you all and i am OP for today so far!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #291  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybones View Post

I do have on question for you ladies - when it is that TOM, how do you stick to your exercise routine? I can typically survive the food cravings and wanting to kill my husband, but my energy level drop to next to nothing and all I want to do is curl up in my bed with some Advil and a heating pad.
HA! You & me both sister! I have horrible cramps, and heavy periods. I do good to get out of bed, much less workout. I don't know why, but I feel so tired this week too and I am not even there yet...sigh...

Now lemme just tell y'all. I could NOT get onto 3FC's for a few hours today and it totally wigs me out! I don't know what the problem was.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #292  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Before I go back and catch up on all the posts since I was last here, allow me to vent....I was just out looking at a forum on a personal trainer website and a person looking into the certification process introduced themselves like this:

Am I just being overly sensitive today, or is that offensive? I could rant on, but I'm going to go back and catch up on the thread.
If us overweight people needed our hand held, how did we manage to walk into the gym by ourselves and hire the trainer in the first place?

Last edited by Robot; 04-29-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #293  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi Y'all! I want to "formally" introduce myself!

1. What would you like us to call you? Jen works just fine!

2. What eating plan are you using? low calorie, high protein, lots of veggies

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? ballroom dancing!

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? consistency, sugar addiction

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? I am not a quitter!!

6. What is your short term goal? For this challenge, 20 lbs

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Good question--clothes or shoes most likely

8. Best weight loss tip? meditate/pray daily!

9. Bob or Jillian? Well, my a$$ may belong to Jill, but my heart belongs to BOB!!

10. Tell us a little about yourself! Age 43... administrative assistant... love music, dancing and sports...my boyfriend is English....I live in sunny weather year round...I enjoy spiritual (NOT religious!) discussions and studies...I am a great friend!!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #294  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielady View Post
If us overweight people needed our hand held, how did we manage to walk into the gym by ourselves and hire the trainer in the first place?
LOL! obviously through telekinesis! *squinting eyes and concentrating really hard* and out comes SUPER TRAINER! here to save all these feeble helpless people!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #295  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

van
No offense taken. I generally never take offense lol. My husband thinks I am nuts. WHY on earth take the best thing out of mountain dew he asks lol. I think the statement could have made better but I do understand what the person is saying. There are some people who really do need to be spoon fed help.

Bejeweled
Exercise goes on my to do list just like doing laundry and scrubbing floors. It is just something I have to do for the day. I don't go to bed until all of my to do list is done. It was a whole lot harder when I worked outside of the home. Even then, it was on the list. Sometimes, we have our life so full of things we have to stop doing one thing to do another. I don't really like to exercise first thing in the morning for some reason, I am pretty much a morning person but I like to get most of my housework done then. Like ksk said, you just have to sit down and look at your schedule and find time here and there to fit exercise in.

veggielady
If it is a big deal to you to drink water, then it is a big deal to me. Nice going on getting the water in.

Kelly
If there is a lot of pain involved with your DOT there isn't much you can do about that but cuddle with a heating pad until it passes. As far as energy, I do my walking videos even during DOT time. I might not squat down as low or do them as intensive as I do other times but I make myself do them.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #296  
Proud Red Team Member

S/C/G: 276/ticker/123

Height: 5'

Good morning ladies! Well I couldn't log on here at all this morning. finally able to TOM is almost over for me, and man I am ready to bite someone's head off! Little man is driving me absolutely CRAZY today! Done good keeping my eating in check. Barely. Ok better get some homework done and get these kiddos some lunch so they can take a nap so I can have 5 minutes of peace and quiet. Hopefully I'll be able to get on later and check back in.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #297  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Default Weigh in Days?

So when are you lovely ladies planning on weighing in? I'm going to do so on Wednesdays starting tomorrow.

Do we go ahead and update the thread with our weights?
Old 04-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #298  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
So when are you lovely ladies planning on weighing in? I'm going to do so on Wednesdays starting tomorrow.

Do we go ahead and update the thread with our weights?
yup! Just go in and edit your original weigh in post.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #299  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Rosealee
That is the way to do it. Little by little add more exercise. The heart and lungs will love you for it.

Hun
Who ever thought to mess with the wonderful taste of mountain dew should be shot lol. Red mountain dew oh yuck the stuff tastes like those kool aid pops you put in the freezer lol.

Tina
Thank heavens I don't have pms, my daughter has enough for 5 woman lol. I don't want to eat everything under the sun at that time but the darn scale does go up 5 pounds for no reason at all. Thank heavens that extra weight goes away within a couple of days of my DOT being over.

Shey
I do push ups on my knees. I do 4 sets of 20 to 30 ( depends on how much I have been doing with the arms in the workout that day ). That is all my little arms will handle. I usually do one floor exercise with dumbbells and then a set of push ups and then another floor exercise with dumbbells and then a set of push ups and so forth. Glad you are excited about the challenge. We have a great group of people here.

Diva
That was one of the reasons I stopped drinking the mountain dew with caffeine. Took a long time to stop drinking it all together, probably 3 or 4 months as I recall. I sure stopped having so many tummy problems when I got off the caffeine.

Chickie
Nice goal on the push ups. You just add one at a time and you will meet that goal before you know it.

shelby
lol my kids thought they lived tv free week until they turned 16. They were only allowed 2 program a day ( 1 hour ) on school days or one hour on the computer or one hour on the play station and 3 programs a day ( hour and a half ) on non school days. This didn't include Saturday morning cartoons lol.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

I plan on weighing in on Sunday. I eat way better on the weekends - no job, no stress, no eating to feel better because work sucks, so Sundays are almost always my lowest weight day.