Old 04-29-2008, 12:18 AM   #241  
Catherine

S/C/G: 446/389/200

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelynn View Post
Just an fyi...here in Canada Mt. Dew *is* caffeine free! I guess they consider it a kid's soda since it's lemon/limey.
Yes, nothing except dark soft drinks, like cola, are ALLOWED to have caffeine in them...its regulated under the Food and Drug Regulations
Old 04-29-2008, 12:56 AM   #242  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

bjeweled- i totally agree with everyone who said that you have to want it and find something that you like to do! every moment is a new moment to do something differently than you've done before! i know, know, KNOW you can do it!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:01 AM   #243  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I happen to like the taste of mountain dew lol but I don't want the caffeine.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:08 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 210/190/160

Height: 5'8"

Saw that the teams were posted and thought I'd better get my rear in gear and join the chat. Of course, it's difficult to read through every single post, but I've sifted through some of them. The last few are dear to my heart......I LOVE Mountain Dew!!!!! It's been a downfall of mine for years, and I've conquered it many times lol. Since I started WW about a month ago, I've only had one But I'll live, one can is something like 5 or 6 points.....ouch!!! Well anyways, I'm off to bed, work in the a.m. Just getting my "face" out there. GO RED TEAM!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:49 AM   #245  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

I made it 100% OP today. Woo Hoo!

Maybe I should like give myself OP incentives as well as poundage ones?
Old 04-29-2008, 02:03 AM   #246  
Be the change

1. What would you like us to call you? Jen

2. What eating plan are you using? Counting Calories

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Walking, but I think I need to do more weights to lose the weight.

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Eating Sweets

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Walking

6. What is your short term goal? Lose 15 lbs.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? I need to come up with a good reward. Any ideas?

8. Best weight loss tip? Don't give up!

9. Bob or Jillian? Jillian! She gets results!

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I'm 35 and I've been married for over 14 years. I homeschool my 4 kids and I'm finishing up my thesis for my MA in Education. I love books and singing. Last challenge, I was sick a lot. I plan to be healthy this time around.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:07 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenButterfly View Post
Yes, nothing except dark soft drinks, like cola, are ALLOWED to have caffeine in them...its regulated under the Food and Drug Regulations
When I first learned about this, I thought about driving up and stocking up on caffeine-free diet Mt. Dew... but the officers at the border (coming back into the U.S.) scare me, and I can only imagine what they'd say.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:40 AM   #248  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Woo too many posts to digest (ha ha) them all. Just wanted to pop in and say hey. My scales were very nice to me this morning. I'm going to use Wednesday as my official weigh in day so hoping they're still nice then!!

I'm going to my first spinning class tonight, a little scared but excited!!

Have a good day all!
Old 04-29-2008, 06:10 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Bjeweled, if you have exercise on demand on your TV check it out. Some of the workouts are only 10 minutes long. If I do nothing else, I try to cram one of those in. That may be enough to get you going in the AM.

Cakses- love the OP incentive idea. I think I am going with the stickers mentioned earlier, maybe one for exercising each day and a different one for eating op.

Hun E B - I am going to make my own bracelet, probably elastic cord (snappy) and some red beads.

Last edited by mothermavis; 04-29-2008 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:30 AM   #250  
Proud Red Team Member

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post

We are still looking for the answer to our Red Team bracelet search. Is everyone going to just go make/buy one themselves?
I was planning on making myself one. For any of you out there that crochet, I have a quick pattern to make some beaded ones. That being said, if there is a group bracelet, I would be happy to get one of those. So whatever the group wants is fine with me.

Jen
Proud Red Team Member

Old 04-29-2008, 06:47 AM   #251  

I'm half way through the thread list (pg 11) and thought I better post, quick, while I have something straight in my mind...

1. What would you like us to call you? ChickiBang, Chicki, Heather

2. What eating plan are you using? Basically WW flex, live in Germany right now, and low fat here means 12% fat instead of 48%...

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Running, Ultimate Frisbee, stretching (yoga), Hiking

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Eating late at night

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Exercise, I drink tons of water, eating veggies

6. What is your short term goal? Lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks, lost 15 by the end of challenge.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? hmmm......I am thinking massage...

8. Best weight loss tip? eat lots of veggies, even better when raw....avoid sugar.....avoid highly processed food...

9. Bob or Jillian? only see the show once, but I am going to go with Jillian; strong women rule!

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I am 33, live in Germany but will be moving back to US this summer, finished an MA last year, decided not to go on for my PhD and so am figuring out what other kind of work I want to do....love traveling, reading, cooking, coffee shops, playing ultimate frisbee, running, art, theories on globalization, transnationalism, interested in Buddhist-type philosophy, want to build my own computer and will this summer, was really out of shape most of my HS days, started running when I was 18...ran my first half marathon last year but still have a hard time calling myself "athletic." Getting over that.

Melissa - I like the idea of wearing red when exercising.

Bjeweled - Hooray for the Jayhawks!!! I am from Lawrence, KS and I love that place. I was in Norway during the last game of the national championship and ran around to 7 hotels trying to find a computer to stream the game at 3 in the morning. Finally, a guy I had been chatting with at the hostel lent me his laptop for the night...even at 3 and 4 in the morning, it was a great game!

Finally, HELLO to all the HEATHERS!!! I think there are three of us on the red team!

Last edited by chickichickibangbang; 04-29-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:10 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hoosier Heather & Catsgetnhealthy, just in case you haven't already seen them, Jillian's Shred videos are on exercise TV too, but they are under Jillian Michael's instead of TBL. I just did Shred 1 this am. Good workout. Good because it's done!!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #253  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Height: 5'4"

This person on Etsy sells lots of red leather bracelets that are quite pretty. I'm going to head to the store today to try and make my own... but I thought I'd share the link as I found it

I'm also all for supporting Stay at Home Mother's trying to make a living

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...ion_id=5116935
Old 04-29-2008, 08:44 AM   #254  

Good morning teammates!

Yesterday (and the couple of days before ) have not been too good -- but today is my day!! I'm going to get on track, get my exercise in and write down all my food in my handy little WW book -- I'm going to make my team proud each and every week -- I promise. I can end the summer looking awesome and I'm going to take this opportunity to do just that!!!

On a bad note -- it's TV free week this week for my kid's school -- which is a wonderful idea -- but I wish they had picked a week that wasn't supposed to be all rain -- we made it through one day!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:55 AM   #255  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Now I'm trying to think what foods I need to have:

(why is it easier to think of what foods I DON'T want to have? )

-high fiber, low sugar cereal
-skim milk
-frozen chicken breasts
-eggs
-bell peppers (just not green... yuck)
-tomatoes
-various types of cheese - mozzarella sticks, cheddar slices, blocks of pepper jack... I love cheese