Old 02-20-2008, 11:38 AM   #886  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

I'd go with "makeweight".... it shows where you are, the whole weight loss thing, and that you're moving forward. Like, "make way for this hot mama comin' through!" Lol. I'm really indecisive too, so good luck with that!

Morning team! Busy, busy, busy as a bee... I'll check in after my WI! Peace!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #887  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning everybody!!

Hope everybody and their babies are feeling better this morning.

Suicide is awful. Just awful. My heart goes out to the young man's family and friends.

I'm scattered. We got our heat bill yesterday. I FREAKED last month cuz it was so high and this month it was $100 MORE. I will be spending my economic stimulus package check on heating my home and gas for the cars. Lovely. Do you think that's what the President wanted? I think not.

Come on Spring!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 01:27 PM   #888  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

GF! Ours is about $120 over what it normally is! i freaked out tooI Since we needed to also eat we had to split it in half and make a deal with the Elect co to pay the other half on the 29th. It's more than our rent! I was out of my skin!

I just named my Blog: Roni's Blog because everyone say's i need one. LOL!

Just got home from the GYM. I did 45 minutes walk/run on the treadmill and then did the weights and stretching. Came home and did some abs on my resistnace ball. <----My fav way to work my abs anymore.

I'm about to eat my lean cruisin Pizza and then hop in the shower.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:40 PM   #889  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmugsy View Post
I will be spending my economic stimulus package check on heating my home and gas for the cars. Lovely. Do you think that's what the President wanted? I think not.
when are those supposed to be coming out?

i wish it were spring too... but it's just because it's easier to get out and do things in the spring
Old 02-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #890  

I'm back....and now that I have caught up on the posts, my question seems even more silly.
For the life of me, I can't think of anything profound or comforting to say. So, I will just go...
Old 02-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #891  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone.

I don't have much time on the computer these days, which kind of sucks. Life keeps throwing really tough situations. But, I promise to be on more. Don't think that I forgot about anyone on this team. I think about my team all the time. It definitely gives me motivation to lose the weight.

Last edited by Robot; 02-20-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:13 PM   #892  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

We are back home. They decided to let Ella come home and not put her in the hospital yet. If she isn't well on Friday morning when I take her back to the Dr they will hospitalize her then. Keep your fingers crossed that she is all better by then. Thanks for the P&PT everyone.

Vanette---Girl, you just sticking around and posting often is profound to me. It must not be as easy as it seems because so many people don't do it. I like all of your name ideas. The name of my blog is "Losing 248 together". My dh, Mikella, and I had 248 lbs between us that we wanted to lose so that is how I named my/our blog. I wanted something cute and catchy but couldn't come up with anything. My favorite out of your names is "makeweigh" for the same reason that Michie liked it. Good luck on your blog no matter what you decide.

sxulcmnky---I think the checks will be mailed in late May or early June? I can't wait to get ours! I hope the weather isn't bad tonight and congrats on the 1lb from yesterday.

Diva---You inspire me. You make me want to exercise. I see how much you did today and think "gah, I didn't even lift a finger today much less my big behind". Thank you! You are the kind of person that will help me meet my goals---they kind of person I hoped I would meet through this challenge.

ggmugsy---Good grief at the bills. I hate to see our heating bill this month. Thinking about it makes me feel ill.

Michie---How did your weigh in go? I hope it went great.

dream710---I can't wait to hear about and see your tat. Hope it didn't hurt to bad. What did ya think?

caitbeans---WOW about seeing the 180's. That has to be an amazing feeling. I was dancing because I saw the 220's this week. lol. Who knows what I will do when I finally see the 180's. Congrats!

rainlips & mothermavis---I am glad that you are doing the C25K also. I am nervous about starting it on the 1st. I will be doing it on a treadmill for at least the first few weeks. The weather here is perfect for running outside but I am afraid to try to run in front of people. I am to big to be outside making a fool of myself. Maybe soon I will have more confidence about running.

hope4me---Have fun at Vantage Point tomorrow night. I so want to see that movie. Tell us about it after you see it.

Karma---I am so sorry for your friend's loss. I can't imagine how hard that is on her. My dad was really sick back around Christmas and I was terrified that he wasn't going to pull through. So sad.

ceegee---Hopefully swim class will get better for your little one. My son has always been super scared of the water but my daughter thinks that she is a fish. It is funny how two kids can be so different.

bette K---Way to get the veggies in. I need to try that. I will have to unpack my food processor and give it a go. My son complains about ANY veggies even near his food.

reda---It is good to see you. Thanks for the congrats. I think we are all doing pretty dang good!

Hot---I am sorry for what you have been dealing with. Suicide is so hard to deal with. I have had 5 friends do it over the last 10 years and have known 2 other people that did it. It hurts more than any of way of people dieing IMO. It is hard to understand. Big hugs to all of you. I hope that you all find peace with the situation soon.

Ok, I am going to cook dinner. I stress ate a little this morning because of Ella being so sick but I think I can stay within my points for the day if I make veggie chili and control my portions. Wish me luck. Good luck everyone!
Old 02-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #893  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Everytime I start a personals post I get pulled away and it takes me a million years to finish it so by the time I post it someone else has alreayd posted and then I feel like I missed that person. I need to learn how to post faster. lol

Tera---Hey you. How have you been? I was thinking about you the other day. My dh and I are thinking about maybe trying out the vegetarian life style for a while. How did you get started on it? How long have you been doing it?

Ok, really going to cook now.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #894  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahill1979 View Post

Tera---Hey you. How have you been? I was thinking about you the other day. My dh and I are thinking about maybe trying out the vegetarian life style for a while. How did you get started on it? How long have you been doing it?
Hey. I'm doing well. I originally became a vegetarian when I was 11. I was the "Lisa Simpson" of the house, so I definitely questioned why it was OK to eat chicken, but not dogs or cats. My family hated it, but would buy me veggie burgers. Well, when I was 13, I think my family had it, and gave me a sob story on how they were too poor to afford my lifestyle. I fell for it, and regretted it. When I was 19, I decided to go back to vegetarianism, and have maintained that since then. I'm even leaning more towards veganism since I'm lactose intolerant and I hate eggs with a passion.

Good luck with you and your dh becoming vegetarian. I didn't get positive feedback initially from the ones I love, but they eventually got used to it, and it doesn't bug them so much. I currently live in the south though, so I have minor inconveniences when people take me out to eat.

Last edited by Robot; 02-20-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:00 PM   #895  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Hello every one sorry I've been spoiling that baby ,they do not stay babies long so spoiling her as much as possible. I'm really trying this week to make the scale budge.
hotcubanmamma - So sorry for your loss
Well be back tomorrow,Have a great day every one.
Diva - we use oil and just payed 337.00 for 100 gallons our gas is 3.22 a gallon
so many people have had a rough winter every thing goes up but the wages
Old 02-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #896  
My new arms!

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 56

Good evening everyone.
I got on the scale just to see and I am back to 150!!! What the *ell!!! I cant stay below that number! I have been doing rwelly well, I have been lifting weights and walk/running....I am so confused.

Ok I had to get that out, sorry. I bought some spaghetti squash and passion fruit today.They are both new for me. I want to get tp the health food store to buy a few different things.....
Old 02-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #897  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
ahill1979 wrote:
Diva---You inspire me. You make me want to exercise. I see how much you did today and think "gah, I didn't even lift a finger today much less my big behind". Thank you! You are the kind of person that will help me meet my goals---they kind of person I hoped I would meet through this challenge.
OMG! This is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to me! Thank you so much. It means so much because I am seriously considering becoming a personal trainer and maybe a nutritionist too. I am slowly becoming a health nut, lol! maybe even a Jillian Micheals in the making, lol! I wish.... It also means a lot coming from someone who has already lost 77 lbs! That's how much I have to lose, so I think you are awesome for doing that! I hope you keep it up gf. How's Ella doing tonight? Poor baby...I'm glad they let her come home. Give her and hug from your 3fc's sisters and lots of chicken noodle soup!
Old 02-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #898  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Thought I'd quick pop in and let you all know how my first tattoo experience went. I was very excited but very nervous before I got there, lots and lots of butterflies! It went well. There was some pain, but it seemed like anytime I thought I couldn't take it anymore he'd let up to wipe. I'm glad we broke it up into sections though, I spent two hours there today and have to go back in three weeks for another two to three hour session. It looks great, HUGE, but great. I figured I'd be in pain this evening but it just feels like I have a sunburn. I'll post a picture in the am so everyone can see how its coming along. Thanks for all of those who were thinking of me today!

Have a great night!
Old 02-20-2008, 09:32 PM   #899  
My new arms!

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 56

Dream I love getting tattoos! Once you have one you always want more! A bunch of us from work are going in march to gat another!! I am glad you are not in pain. Cant wait to see it

Sorry I got sidetracked. I have a lot of recipes that I want to try and the only way is if I shop at the natural health store. If anyone has any good recipes could yolu let me know....Thanks
Old 02-21-2008, 07:19 AM   #900  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Morning ladies and gent! Yesterday I went to hyvee and bought a couple new things. First I bought these little crackers, they're called Nut Things, they are made out of nuts and rice. I'm still trying to figure out what they taste like, maybe a rice cake but soooo much better. They are thin and crisp, I bought the cheddar kind, but they had three or four different kinds to choose from. One serving of 16 crackers has 130 calories and 4 g fat. Then I tried Wild Garden Black Olive Hummus it was sooo much better than the the last Hummus I bought. 2Tbsp has 35 calories and 2g fat. Oh I also found these little fruit snack packs of dried fruit. Those weren't too bad either.

Fruits and veggies ate yesterday:
1 banana
1 kiwi
4tbsp Hummus (does that count?)
1 package of dried mango, pinneaple, and papaya

Not much and fruits and veggies yesterday but was outta the office most of the day.