Old 03-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #1006  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone!

I have to take the kiddos to the dentist for a checkup this morning. Last time their teeth were perfect. I think this time my ds might have a cavity. yuck.

I have been thinking about bathing suits all day. I was at Walmart this weekend and they already have all the bathing suits out. I have always HATED wearing a bathing suit. This summer I am still going to be to big to wear a cute one but Next summer watch out! I am going to be thin and healthy and I am going to be able to wear a super cute one. Which brings me to a question.

What would your perfect bathing suit look like? Would it be a certain size or a certain style?

Be back later. Wish us luck at the dentist!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:43 AM   #1007  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Good Luck @ the Dentist!

As for swim suits, I'd be happy to wear this below and look good. I'd love the first bottoms, but the 2nd pair would work too. I'll never be a bikini girl again.

or

Last edited by Diva; 03-03-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #1008  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Morning Team!
I have been thinking that we really need a challenge that we can see TEAM progress in. What does everyone think of an Easter Egg Hunt???? Starting today, we can collect eggs....if you stay OP for a day, you get 10 eggs. Additionally, for every minute you exercise, you get 1 egg. We can each keep track of our baskets, and see who has found the most eggs by Easter, March 23. What do you guys think?? And should this be in a separate black team challenge thread?? Let me know and I will make one!

EDITED TO ADD: Thread has been made....Join in the hunt!

Last edited by ceegee; 03-03-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #1009  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

hello Black Team!!!!

Well, our first Bridal show was a SUCCESS!!!! And now, we are going to be stuck here in Missouri for a few more days because ice is coming. Yay! So, we were supposed to go home this morning but it will at least be Wednesday morning before we get to leave. So, I will have to take a freebie this week because my mom doesn't own a scale (though I could go to Walmart and get a scale out in the store and just weigh there...lol).

I have to get off here for now though. Sorry to make this so quick but my dad has dial-up and you never can tell when it'll just cut off....
Old 03-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #1010  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

I'm sorry I've been "gone!" I've settled with the insurance company over my DS's wreck and purchased him a new car so things should be getting back to normal. I'm kind of blue about DSS (step-son) going to Iraq again. He leaves next week and will be gone for 15 months. This will be his 2nd time over there for longer than a year.

Diva - I'm so glad to hear your foot is feeling better. 71*?? Good grief!! We are getting more snow today. You are a LUCKY girl!!

Rainlips - sore legs stink. I've found if I just keep working out they feel better faster than if I take a day off. I also love icy/hot. You're doing GREAT with your workouts!!

Manda - So how did the Bob DVD go?? I've never heard he had DVD's, I've only heard about Jillian's.

Dream - My small weight loss group has been discussing self sabotage. It just happened to me. I hit 179 and FREAKED. I stopped exercising for a week and was just floundering around. For me, it's FEAR. Fear of being thin. Fear of putting the weight back on. My husband's good about it. I spill my guts and he sits there looking at me and says, "Baby, there's nothing to be afraid of." DUH!!!

Mother - Congratulations on your loss!! I lost a pound this week, too! Just one!! At least we are losing.

Ceegee - I'm IN for your Easter Egg challenge!!

Let's all go out and have a fabulous, on program, physically active week!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:50 PM   #1011  

Hi All....
I posted a small loss this week...I'm pretty sure it was only grey matter or hair as I seem to only be losing my mind and pulling out my hair. I swear I do not know how most of these people make it without someone standing next to them whispering "breath in"...."breath out". Thank God respiration is an involuntary reflex! ! !
Only two more days until Jury Duty (YES, I am looking forward to Jury Duty)...and only 18 more days until vacation.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:50 PM   #1012  
Manda

Diva---I really like that bathing suit. I woul love to look good in something like that. The color is great too. Where did you find that picture? As soon as I can find a site that has pictures like that I will show you all my dream suit.

ceegee---I am up for the easter egg challenge. If enough people are interested then I think we should do it.

Julz---I am happy to hear that your Bridal show went well. Being stuck there because of the bad weather coming doesn't sound like much fun though. Hurry home as fast as you can. Just be safe.

They are calling for tornado weather here tonight and tomorrow. It is kinda scary to me. We just had 2 tornados close to here a week ago. I hope it doesn't get that bad again.

Both kids did great at the dentist this morning. No cavities! Yay.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:51 PM   #1013  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Ceegee, I think the Easter Egg hunt sounds wonderful! Go for it and I'll sure join. I've collected lots of eggs today.

I am totally bummed now though and on the verge of tears. Sigh....

I just did 1 hour on the treadmill. Still trying to heal my foot, so I did 40 minutes 3.0-mph, then 15 minutes @ 3.5. I managed to keep the heart rate up where it needed to be. No running today. Then I lifted weights for about 10 minutes. I rehurt the foot and now it hurts worse than it did before and the nerves in it is making my leg & Foot jump and move all by itself. I think I need to call the doc. No running ever????? sniff sniff. I am totally bummed out. I can't even walk into the kitchen to get Lunch and I am starving now. It hurt to use the brake in the car driving home.

Someone at the GYM said he bought new shoes for running too and had ALL kinds of troubles, so he washed his old faithfuls and has had no problems. Soooooo I am gonna wash mine and if I am feeling better Wednesday, or whatever day, I'm gonna try on my old sneekers. I'll use these new ones for whenever and the old ones for running and see what happens. I may have to go spend big bucks for "specialty" shoes, and that's have to wait until the end of this month.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #1014  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

ahill, I found it @ Walmart.com.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:56 PM   #1015  
Manda

Diva---I am sorry that you rehurt your foot. Maybe you should call the doctor. Prop it up and rest until you can get in to see the doctor. I will check out walmart.com and post a swimsuit later night.

ggmugsy---Bob is yummy although he does kick butt. I didn't finish the workout. I ran out of time but I will do it again tomorrow and I will finish it then. Tonight is back to the C25K.

Vanette---I hope that things improve for you soon. I have totally been in your place where I felt like I was losing my mind. Hang in there. Hopefully Jury duty will give you the break that you need.

I only lost 1/2 lb this week. Truly, I was happy enough with that. It could have been a gain so I am ok with only 1/2 lb. After losing 6 lbs last week I knew I wouldn't have a big lose this week anyway. For those of us losing so little a week lets try to remember that it could have and maybe even should have been a gain. I know it is hard but we have to celebrate every ounce and know that next week can be better.

Be back later. Stay OP everyone!

Last edited by ahill1979; 03-03-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #1016  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Julz - glad it was a success!

Manda - You are so right to celebrate - a loss is a loss!

Vanetta - where are you going on vacation?

Diva - call a doc and stay off your foot!!

GGmugsy - congrats on your loss!! Glad you want to hunt for eggs

We are having a freakishly warm day here - 60! Tomorrow it will be back in the 30's, so I am going to hopefully go for a run outside and callibrate my Nike+ ipod sensor. Then I am going to take my little dude for a run in the jogger - he loves it! I am only afraid that he will want to do it everyday after, and how do you tell a 3 year old that Mommy doesn't like to go out in the cold?? lololol!

Last edited by ceegee; 03-03-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:12 PM   #1017  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA this past week! DD was sick at the beginning of the week, I was preparing for her 1st birthday party the 2nd half, and then celebrating over the weekend. It was lots of fun, and I did a pretty good job of my diet and actually gained a pound despite all the yummy Italian food my family cooked! I did have a slice of birthday cake for breakfast this morning but I'm still in my calorie range, so I'm not letting myself feel guilty.

I hope everyone had a good week last week! I will try to post more often this week.

Hugs!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 06:17 PM   #1018  

Julz- congrats on your bridal show going so well!

ggmugsy- (((hugs))) having a loved one over seas is so hard, he will be in my thoughts.

diva- i am sorry to hear about your foot, maybe see a doctor? I hope nothing is serisouly wrong with it and i hope you can get back to running ASAP!

Well today was a beautiful day here, I slept in and instead of going to the gym this afternoon I went on a 2.5 mile walk with the dogs and DD. It was 65 and beautiful!! Tomorrow it is supposed to rain though, and then snow on Thursday. yuck!! hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:38 PM   #1019  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Hi every one sorry its been a bit I've had the flu and now a cold I'm disappointed I gained 2 pounds I haven't ate any more then usual but not up to exercising,I've just wanted to sleep.
I also have checked out bathing suits ,but I do not see a bikini in my near future
I do like the one Diva found that one is sweet. Will check back in later have a great week . Rena
Old 03-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #1020  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Despite the fact that that stinking TOM was here all last week... making me eat everything I could fit in my MOUTH.. I managed to stay at the same weight. PHEW! No gain is good for me! I can only imagine all the weight I lost and then subsequently gained back with every tortilla chip and french fry! Yikes! And now I think I have the flu. Sucks to be me, let me tell you! I am all over that easter egg hunt as soon as it doesn't hurt to move. Keep it real, team!