Old 02-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #766  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

My problem when I listen to music when exercise is I don't think anyone else can hear me sing and there I am, belting it out at the top of my lungs. Geesh!!! What a doofus I am.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:45 PM   #767  
My new arms!

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 56

So are we going to have another challenge? I would do one but I cant think of one......Is everyone doing good? We are getting a bad snow storm! I can barly see outside. I am so done with winter!!! Oh I had to go do some work....check back in later, have a good day!
Old 02-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #768  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquita623 View Post
My problem when I listen to music when exercise is I don't think anyone else can hear me sing and there I am, belting it out at the top of my lungs. Geesh!!! What a doofus I am.
HA! I was doing that today and to the bringing sexy back song! hehe We're all nuts!
Old 02-14-2008, 05:01 PM   #769  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatianaHdz View Post
As for my workout song, I love Bringin' Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake. It cracks me up, because I'll be pushing my baby in her buggy, dressed in frumpy clothes, and feeling like a whale walking down the street. But I turn that song on my MP3 player and walk to the beat and always feel happier! I can't help but laugh every time I turn it on, cuz I just imagine how funny people I pass would think it was if they could actually here what I was listening too! I probably look like I'm listening to Celine Dion or some other type of "mommy" music.
LOL... me too!!! I put on that song and for those 3 minutes I feel like a supermodel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainlips View Post
So are we going to have another challenge? I would do one but I cant think of one......Is everyone doing good? We are getting a bad snow storm! I can barly see outside. I am so done with winter!!! Oh I had to go do some work....check back in later, have a good day!
I think Soulbliss is doing the next challenge. We'll wait and see what she sets up.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #770  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Okay, I am sure I didn't get everything, but Sxulm. (what is your name on here? ) congrats on getting under 200!!! Your dinner sounds great too.

Diva, glad you are back and rarin' to go!!!

My daughter and I loved to sing along with "SexyBack", especially the falsetto. I actually took her to that concert. It was great.

I met my goals for the last challenge (Thanks Diva) but didn't post enough. Sigh. I am working on that!

Next challenge, I think we should keep to the basics from Diva's challenge (maintain the good habits etc.) and also do the following:

Focus on Whole Foods, Fruits and Vegetables!

How's this sound?:

Do 2 or more of these things daily:

Try a new vegetable or fruit.

Eat 6 or more servings of fruit or vegetables a day. (A serving is 1/2 cup cooked or 1 cup raw in general but I will post with more specificity later).

Eat 2 servings of raw fruits or vegetables daily.

Eat only whole foods for a meal or more a day.

Post here about a new find, something you tried but were scared to before, something you never heard of, something you love and want us to love too and so on.

How does that sound? I think, I mean I KNOW it is doable! It's flexible, so we can try out 2 or more different things daily and not stress or feel pressured. I want us to have every reason to succeed and none to give up or feel guilty!

Let me know what y'all think and maybe we can start on Monday? Whatever everyone thinks is best, we'll do.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #771  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Happy Valentine's Day Black Team

Last edited by Tina30; 02-14-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #772  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I saw you all writing about my man and thought I'd let you know he's taken JT is mine ladies...BACK OFF!LOL! He is so darn cute isn't he? Ahhh if only I were single and about 5 yrs younger A girl can dream can't she~
Old 02-14-2008, 09:32 PM   #773  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Happy Valentines day - I hope cupid was sweet to you all

I'm finally back on track. Not sure what happened, eventually I was up to 220 (from 218) but now i'm back down to 216. Gotta love TOM (bah).

I was planning to do much more walking this week, but only got 8 kilometers in (compared to 20) due to the large snow dump the other morning!
Old 02-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #774  
Finding My Bliss

Default Beuller...Beuller...Anyone?

Let's call it the "Out of the Box Challenge" !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post

Next challenge, I think we should keep to the basics from Diva's challenge (maintain the good habits etc.) and also do the following:

Focus on Whole Foods, Fruits and Vegetables!

How's this sound?:

Do 2 or more of these things daily:

Try a new vegetable or fruit.

Eat 6 or more servings of fruit or vegetables a day. (A serving is 1/2 cup cooked or 1 cup raw in general but I will post with more specificity later).

Eat 2 servings of raw fruits or vegetables daily.

Eat only whole foods for a meal or more a day.

Post here about a new find, something you tried but were scared to before, something you never heard of, something you love and want us to love too and so on.

How does that sound? I think, I mean I KNOW it is doable! It's flexible, so we can try out 2 or more different things daily and not stress or feel pressured. I want us to have every reason to succeed and none to give up or feel guilty!

Let me know what y'all think and maybe we can start on Monday? Whatever everyone thinks is best, we'll do.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:55 PM   #775  

S/C/G: 239/214.6/145

Height: 5' 5.5

Sorry, I just got home from visiting with my grandfather so no personals tonight. I couldn't let today pass by without saying Happy Valentine's Day to ya'll. I hope everyone had a good day. I'll check back later (tomorrow). Good night all.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:07 PM   #776  
Finding My Bliss

I guess I'll just keep quoting myself until someone responds.

I'll be back to do it again tomorrow.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:07 AM   #777  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy Valentines Day!

Hey team! I was up bright an early this morning to catch up on reading and do personals. After sitting on the computer for an hour and half I finished my post only to be "timed out". I was sooooo mad . Anyways I guess I'll start over. I hope everyone had a happy v-day. I thought my DH and I had decided to not buy presents this year and just go out for dinner in the next week. Well DD and I came home from dance class and low and behold he bought me a present and there I sat with my lil old card. Thats the second time he's done that to me....Makes so mad....but of course I didn't refuse the present. I got a very very nice ipod shuffle. Its sooo tiny but holds 185 songs. He must be tired of me cranking up the tunes at 6 in the morning while he's trying to sleep. I guess this present couldn't come at a better time with all this music talk. I personally go for a variety of music. Lets see some of my faves....Stronger and Gold Digger are great, Rockstar by Nickelback, I love most of Daughtry's stuff, Paralyzer (sp) by Finger Eleven, Black Eyed Peas are good. I must admit I am a QUEEN LOVER TOO! Another lil secret I'm a big Prince Fan. Here lately, I've been into the 70's and 80's music. Everytime I run I make sure my playlist includes Skynard, Steve Miller Band, Nazareth,and J Geils Band. In my car I've got Meatloaf and DD is hooked; she's only four well almost 5. I had to get her a copy and she plays the same song over and over. I'm thinking I'm ready for a change.

I must be the only one that's really not into JT. He has a few songs that I like but I can't say I really drool over him. Not much of an Amy fan either, I find her a bit odd. I absolutely hated Rehab when it came out but like most music it grew on me, and now its not too bad.

Rainlips-Did you get a lot of snow? We had a light dusting, but its cold and windy...I'm definetly missing yesterdays 50's.

Tamaralynn-Glad to see your back on track! Full steam ahead!

Diva-I'm glad you worked out today! The elliptical takes some getting used to...just do what you can, start at a minute or two and increase every week. You'd be surprised at how quickly you'll be up to 30 minutes. So how are those new shoes treatin ya? One more thing, just wanted you to know that even though we didn't get that close last challenge if you ever need to vent feel free to pm.

Julz-I'm glad your telling Macy's to take their job and shove it. You don't need to put up with their crap! Great job on the weight loss!

SoulBliss- I think Out of the Box sounds great! I love trying new foods and can always use the motivation to eat more fruits and veggies. I'll be waiting to hear more details

Ceegee-I'd love to be exercise buddies! I try to exercise at least 5x's a week if not more. Here's kinda my schedule so we can compare...I usually get up around 4:30 or 5 have to be in the shower by 6:30 on MWF and 7:30 on TTH. I don't leave for lunch so exercising then is outta the question...besides I tend to get all sweating....ewwww! I get off work around 7. On Tuesdays I bowl til 9:15 but other than that I'm pretty much open. So let me know what ya think. I notice you post on the Run/Walk as do I. My numbers aren't looking so hot for the month so I really need to step it up.

To everyone else on my Awesome Black Team I'll be back in the morning bright and early to do more posts have a great night!

Last edited by dream710; 02-15-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:43 AM   #778  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Wink Apparently Ferris had a day off!

SoulBliss: The challenge sounds good to me. The more of these foods I eat the better off I am. Getting 6 fruits and veggies a day will be tough, even for someone like me who loves most of them. It will probably force me to cook more. I like to cook, but we have a bad habit of eating out too much. I think it will force me too to learn to cook some of the things I'm less familiar with. Maybe we can all recipe swap. Good job!

I ate too much tonight. Pot roast and chocolate fondue with a raspberry dessert wine. Yikes! It was only one night... It was only one night... It was only one night... Moving on...

Dream: Prince rocks!

Last edited by hope4me; 02-15-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:03 AM   #779  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

SoulBliss, I love the new challenge. Thanks!

Sounds like eveyone is doing well!

Diva, did you get day 2 in? I got day 3 in. Will start week 2, probably Sunday.
I hope you tried your new sneakers yesterday!
Old 02-15-2008, 06:51 AM   #780  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! I managed to stay on plan and get in a good run (and a pair of beautiful garnet earrings to boot from the fiancee ).

I think I have been getting obsessed with the scale the past few months. I used to only step on once a week for my weekly weighin, and then it went up to twice a week, then up to every other day or even every day. The past few months it's been bad - every day or every other day even though I only count my Monday weigh ins as my formal weight for that week. I think I need to start using all of my willpower to stay away from the scale except for my Monday weigh ins because I am getting frustrated. For example, I got on this morning and was still at 138 which is not down from Monday at all. I know my body - I go through cycles where I will lose steadily for a few weeks, and then a few weeks of sticking around the same weight, even if I am on plan for those weeks. It's just how I am - I know I will eventually get to my goal, it just takes patience. So even though I get frustrated by stepping on the scale and seeing that the number hasn't gone down at all, I know deep down inside that it's ok and I will eventually get to my goal. At the same time, the frustration I get from the numbers isn't helping me, so I think it's time to go back to the once a week weighins and that's it. It's going to take willpower because I see the scale every time I step into the bathroom, but it will be my personal challenge.

Sorry for no personals - I have to get ready for work, and I really needed to get out that little frustration about the scale before I went off so I could have a better day.

Have a great Friday everyone!