Old 02-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #901  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

good morning team!!!

i didn't make it to the gym last night because of the snow/ice... i wasn't trying to have to drive after it gets dark out.... tonight i'm going to go right after work for about an hour or so to do some cardio then i'm going home before it gets dark since we are supposed to get some more tonight...people in the dc area really have no idea how to drive in the snow...

oh and i weighed myself this morning and was back down to 199.6 i believe... so i think i was retaining water at my weigh in date
Old 02-21-2008, 10:12 AM   #902  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Sally! How's it going? I see your scale and it's going DOWN! GOING DOWN!!!

I don't have time for personals. Sorry.

I just wanted to say that I hope we're all thinking (and eating) OUT OF THE BOX!!! (I am ) Keep chuggin' along ladies (and gent, if he's around!) Rememer, if we all lose just one pound, it would be amazing!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 10:15 AM   #903  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Black Team. No time for personals right now but wanted to pass along that my DD had the baby yesterday. It's a boy, Andrew Carter and he weighed 10 pounds, 14 ounces and is 24 inches long. He is a little doll!!

I'll check back in later. I have to catch up on work since I've been gone most of the week.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #904  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Hey Black Team,

Another long night last night with Ella being us sick. I am dragging today. Gotta go to the grocery store and I keep putting it off because Ella is still so sick.

Laurie---Wow, that is a big baby. Andrew Carter is a beautiful name. Enjoy that baby boy! Congrats to your DD.

I have only tried Hummus once and did not like it. I didn't know that they made different kinds. I will have to look at the grocery store for it.

Have any of you ever tried Smart Ground Original? I think the company that makes it is Lifelight? It is wonderful. It is a veggie protein-meat substitute type thing. It is so yummy in everything from tacos to chili. Talking about this is making me hungry and I just fnished eating. Guess I need to jet to the store. Talk to you all later. Good luck today.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:29 AM   #905  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Hi Team!

How is everyone doing? And how the heck is it Thursday already???

Manda - how is Ella doing??

c25K gals - do you actually run in a 5k at the end? I am not sure how the it works.....if it does actually involve a 5k, or if anyone plans on signing up for one - let me know. I run alot, but I have never done a race and have been thinking of doing it. It would be fun to know we have all signed up to do one for a particular weekend!

Rainlips I hate the scale sometimes! I bet today it says a different #.

MotherMavis- I hear you about being stuck --I am going to try lifting more weights to build muscle and get my inner furnace working more efficiently.

Caitbeans- He is 3, but it is his first time swimming in a BIG pool. I think it freaked him. I am hoping next time is better!

Dream What is your tattoo of? I can't wait to see it! And how old is DD?

Sally Kickboxing sounds fun!

Diva You sound really good girl! Very positive this week!

Vanetta I like MakeWeigh! It sounds like, here I come! Very....energetic? Full steam ahead? You can't stop me.....Something like that!

Karma hugs

HotCuban I am so sorry.

Tera What is your favorite veggie burger? My little guy likes to eat them and I am always trying new ones..

losinit spoil spoil spoil! That is your job , lol!

Soulbliss How are ya? I am on track with the out of the box challenge!

chiquita congrats! Actually, he is a GIANT doll, lol! omg....please tell me she did not have to push that boy out! Was he an early baby or late?? My last son was over 9 pounds and they did a c-section a week before his due date. They figured he was on track to be over 10.

LondonJulz ay ay, captain! are you enjoying NOT working for Macy's??

Black Team Hello to everyone!!! Hope you all are having a good week, and that we kick some a$$ this week in the challenge!

Last edited by ceegee; 02-21-2008 at 11:30 AM. Reason: stupidity
Old 02-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #906  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Hey Girlies!

I'm just quickly stopping in . Sorry I haven't been on here much the past couple of days. We're doing our first Bridal show on March 1 so we've been re-editing and re-touching photos and getting ready to make an order for a Portfolio book (which we still have to organize), ordering huge prints, getting our website ready to "un-veil" (I'll post here as soon as our website goes live... it's pretty nifty if I may say so myself). And, somewhere in all that, we've been cleaning, doing laundry, working out, playing with the kidlings, doing school, etc. I am SO glad to not be at Macy's anymore, otherwise this could be close to impossible....lol.

AND... as if all that wasn't enough, TOM came to town today.... yee.....haw..... lol. But at least he'll be gone before the Bridal show.

With that, I'm off. Meeting with the trainer in 20 minutes!
Old 02-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #907  
Black Team Member

S/C/G: 191.8/170.6/130

I just wantd to jump on really quick, and say Hi!
Things here are good but busy, I am looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow morning! I hope we all have another amazing week! "Week 6 is ours"

((hugs))
Old 02-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #908  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceegee View Post

Tera What is your favorite veggie burger? My little guy likes to eat them and I am always trying new ones..

My favorite so far is Amy's Organic Texas Burger. It has a hint of BBQ flavor, and is so yummy.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:46 PM   #909  

sxulcmnky did you make it to your kickboxing class? I want to know how you like it. You said you were trying a spinning class too? I really want to try that, those people are always drenched but I've never done it before. Did you just go right in and do it?

Vanetta i like make weigh too!

ahill is your daughter doing any better? She is in my thoughts, I can't stand to see my daughter sick

veggielady congrats on your and being a vegetarian. I was a vegetarian for 4 years (15-19) but stopped when I went away to college. Well actually, my freshman roomate and i were both vegetarians, and we started eating chicken together. Then I went full fledged meat eater, now after all this mess at that slaughter house, I will NEVER eat beef again. Watching those video's really made me sick, even my fiance who is a die hard beef eater won't touch it after those videos.

dream I want waiting for those pictures, I can't wait to see your new art work! I am going to have to look for those Nut Things, I am going to the HFS on Sat. so I will check them out!

Things are going well here. I can't wait for my WI on Sat. i feel like it is going to be a good one. I didn't get to the gym today, I will get there tomorrow. I am off to take DD to the library and then make some dinner and do a step video tonight!

Last edited by caitbeans; 02-21-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:26 PM   #910  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! Been having a rough week. I want to eat everything I see! Luckily, I haven't allowed myself to do that, but I came pretty close yesterday! I'm trying to find ways to distract myself when I'm bored or lonely instead of eating. Reading has been helping me a lot, or tickling my daughter. Her laugh makes me forget all my troubles!

dream and chicki - Thanks for your kind words! You're absolutely correct. Any loss is good!

Manda - How is Ella? I'm sorry she's sick. Hope she's feeling better today! I'm glad they didn't admit her! Please keep us posted!

Chiquita - CONGRATS on your new grandson! Hope you decide to post some pictures and show him off!

To the rest of the BLACK TEAM, keep up the great work! I'll check back soon. Hugs!
Old 02-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #911  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Hey black team!

Ella is still sick. Her fever isn't as high as it has been so that is good. She was really sick with a 103 fever all night last night. Today she has been better. Her cough is really bad still. She has to go back to the doctor tomorrow because she isn't greatly improved and they said that she should be by now. I will let you guys know how the appointment goes. Thanks for all the positive thoughts everyone!

caitbeans---Your wedding date is my parents 32nd anniversary. Congrats on the upcoming wedding. I know you can reach your weight loss goals by then.

Dinner is calling. Must go finish cooking. Talk to you all later.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:09 PM   #912  
My new arms!

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 56

Hay all! I may have to use a feebe week...I cant get it to go down! Still at 150, up 2 lbs. But we will see on sunday...Last minute kind of person.
Not much going on. Work,work,work!
Chiquita- Congrats on the new grandson!!!
Ahill- I hope everthing turns out ok.She is in my prayers. I have not tried the smart ground, I will look for it!
London- I cant wait to see!!! It sounds like a lot of fun!
Good night everyone
Old 02-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #913  

Thumbs up Recipes!!!

I wanted to post these on here for those of you who wanted them. I'm making another batch of all of these today!

Texas Beef Stew
Per serving (2 1/2 cups): 347 calories, 6 grams fat, 2 grams sat. fat, 0 grams trans fat, 84 mg chol, 786 mg sod. 37 g carb, 8 gram fiber, 39 g prot, 137 mg calc. WW Points value = 7

1 lb. lean boneless bottom round roast, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks (I bought the already cut "stew meat")
1 tsp kosher salt (I use sea salt)
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 large white onions, chopped
4 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1/2 jalepeno pepper, chopped (I omitted this)
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 (28oz) can diced tomatoes
1 bay leaf
2 ears corn (I used can corn)
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp red-wine vinegar (the store was out, so I used 1/2 tbsp. of Red Wine and a full tbsp of white vinegar....)

1) Sprinkel the beef with the salt and pepper (and I sprinkled a little garlic powder too). Spray a dutch oven (I used a soup pan) with nonstick spray. Sear the beef, in batches, over medium-high heat until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer each batch to a plate. (The meat won't be cooked all the way through. It will finish cooking when you add it back to the stew to let it all cook together at the end)
2) (This was where I added the touch of Red Wine [but not the vinegar]. I used it to scrape the beef bits off the bottom of the pan and to give the veggies a little bit of liquid to cook in. I only used about 1/2 tbsp) Add the next 6 ingredients to cook until golden. Stir in the beef, tomatoes, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, until beef is tender, 1 1/2 hours.
3) Cut 1 ear of corn crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Removed the kernels from the remaining cob. Add all the corn to the stew and cook 10 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and vinegar. Discard the bay leaf.

Chipotle Mashed Potatoes
Per serving (2/3 cup): 98 cal, 0 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 1 mg chol, 511 mg sod, 22 g carb, 3 g fiber, 3 g prot, 60 mg calc. WW Points value = 1

1 lb red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 2-inch chunks
1/2 c. low-fat buttermilk (I used 1/2 c. fat free sour cream instead)
1/2 tsp. chopped called chipotles en adobo (I omitted)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

1) Bring to boil in a large saucepan the potatoes and enough cold salted water to cover. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Dran well in a colander.
2) Combine the buttermilk (or sour cream) , chipotle, salt, and pepper in a 1-cup glass measure, stirring until blended. Set aside.
3) Return the potatoes to the saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until all the liquid has evaporated. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Mash until blended while pouring in the buttermilk mixture.

I put the potatoes in the bottom of a bowl and topped it with the stew and ate it like that.... YUM-O!

and the best of all..........

Fudgy Frosted Brownies
per serving (1 bar) 194 cal, 3 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 23 mg chol, 92 mg sod, 42 g carb, 2 g fib, 3 g prot, 17 mg calc. WW Points value = 4

1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. hot water
1/2 tsp. instant coffee
1/4 c. light stick butter, melted and cooled
1 1/4 c. granulated sugar
2/3 c. applesauce
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract

1) To make the brownies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 9-inch square bakine pan with foil, leaving enough overhang to make two handles (I didn't do this, we didn't have foil) Lightly spray the foil with nonstick spray (I just sprayed the pan really good)
2) Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine the water and coffee in a cup, stir until the coffee dissolves.
3) Combine the melted butter, granulated sugar, applesauce, egg, vanilla, and the dissolved coffee in a medium bowl. Beat with a whisk until blended. Add the flour mixture; stir with a whisk just until combined. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake until a pick inserted into the center comes out with a few fudgey (not raw) crumbs clinging to it, 25-28 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool in the pan on a rack.

The Icing
1 tsp. hot water
1/4 tsp. instant coffee
2 tbsp. light corn syrup
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c. confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1) combine water and coffee in a small saucepan until the coffee dissolves. Stir in the corn syrup and cook over low heat until hot, but not boiling. Add the cocoa and stir until smooth. Remove the saucepan from the heat; add the confectioners sugar and vanilla, stirring until smooth.
2) Lift the brownies out of the pan (I left them in the pan). Spoon the frosting over the top and spread evenly. Cut into 12 bars.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:25 AM   #914  

I tried couscous yesterday..... it is out of this world!!!!!! I made mine with half water and half fat free chicken broth. Then when it was time to stir in the couscous, I also stirred in a little chopped onion, mushrooms, garlic, EVOO, and italian seasoning. Oh......my......goodness! Yeah.... I'll be having that again sometime!

I hope you all are doing well!! I'll check back later as I can. I have a lot of schoolwork to catch up on......
Old 02-22-2008, 02:08 PM   #915  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Julz, thanks for the beef stew recipe. i was hoping you'd post that.

I'm feeling a lil' down and frustrated. I've been looking for a PT job and every place that interests me and no one is hiring until Spring. We are really hurting. The ex has yet to pay child support this month and I had to use every last penny we have paying bills and buying groceries, so theres NONE left for me to go to the GYM @ the community center next week, unless it gets here....sigh... I prefer to workout there anymore, even though I have a bunch of workout DVD's here, it just seems more effective to me when done there...O'well.

Jess is stressed out over the money situation too on top of his having the Flu. He can't miss any day's at work because we are paycheck to paycheck and we simply can't afford to miss a day. So night before last he starts talking about rejoining the Navy. He did 7 yrs before but ot out right when we met and got together. I DO NOT want this, and I said to him if I wanted to be married to the Military, I would be and walked out....then I felt bad...so I've decided to have a more opened mind, but I really don't want him too.....sigh.....

Last edited by Diva; 02-22-2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Made no sense