Old 02-01-2008, 10:28 AM   #451  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Hey Black Team!

I weighed this morning and to my surprise I am down 1 lb for the week. I really thought that I would gain because of how I ate in NYC.

I want to know more about the challenge. I don't have time to go back and read all the posts to find out more about it right now. We are trying to get everything moved today and tomorrow. I am glad to be moving but hate the actual moving part.

I will try to check in again between now and Sunday to find out more about the challenge. I am interested in being in it, just not sure what I have to do.

Good luck everyone!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #452  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Oh and I wanted to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Reda355!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #453  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Reda355!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:45 AM   #454  

Morning Ladies....
No snow here in Seattle, surprise, just rain. All of you who got hit with the storm, be careful out there.

I never thought I would get excited about curtains, or any other home decor/appliance, but you have to know as soon as they delivered our front loading washer and dryer we got everything we could think of to wash. First thing in was the comforter....and we honestly sat on the floor in front of the machines to watch.

A tattoo? You all are so much more brave than I. I do agree with NotTheCheat, don't compromise....if you can afford it, go with what you want.

Everyone have their red on today? My grandfather, my uncle, and two years ago my dad, died from heart attacks. I know we all have to go from something...I just want to put myself in the position that it is old age that gets me.

Congratulations to all those who have already wighed in for the week and posted a loss. My weigh in is on Sunday. I don't know what to expect...hopefully it will be a loss. I got my hair cut last night, that should be good for 1/2 lb or something. Speaking of getting my hair cut...the guy who cuts our hair is a certified cosmetologist/barber/manicurist/esthetician/massage therapist...and since he used to be our neighbor he doesn't make us go to his fancy salon. I know it is totally a cliche, but he is gay, and I whink he is more excited about my weight loss than I am....yes, ladies, I have my own "queer eye" thing going on. He is helping me revitalize my hair, skin, and "style" after all these years of neglect.

I'm going to practice for the challenge also and begin today....no time like the present.

Have a GREAT Day Ladies...Happy Birthday Reda355...

Last edited by YWeight; 02-01-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #455  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REDA!!!! HOPE IT IS A GREAT ONE!!!

I just got done shoveling the driveway. Took me an hour. Think I need something to eat now. I'm feeling shaky. I'll be back.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:21 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 239/214.6/145

Height: 5' 5.5

Happy Birthday Reda!!!!

Also Happy Birthday to Julz son!!!

sxulcmonky- on making it to onderland!!

Roni- Your challenge sounds great but I can't partake those ten days due to circumstances out of my control. So I'll be doing the best I can on the days I can. I'm glad the pain went away. I went to the hospital for chest pains like that and was told once it was acid reflex and the second time that I had big breast and need a better bra for support.

I have needle phobia so this gal wont have any tattos. I've seem many cute ones though. I also don't like pain.

Well, I'm really sorry to say I only lots .2 for the team. I thought I did pretty darn good this week. I just hope no one thinks I'm slacking. I got in 19 aps this past week!! There's only been one other time I've made 19 aps. My recheck for my thyroid has to be reschedule since I have to visit the hospital to have a procedure done on the 6th. Two days before that I have to be on a liquid diet no red or blue dyes. It's also been advised against workout those days. So today I went to the gym and earn 9 aps since I wont get any three days in a row. I've also working on being op last week I did a lot better than normal. Today, it looks like I'm going to make it.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #457  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Reda I hope is is a great one.
I have been busy getting DH on his way to Vegas. He left this Morning . I have had an exciting morning I was suppose to at work at 8:00 my DD came and to stay with grandma , My DD could not make it up the hill it is really icy so she tried to back down and sled off into the snow bank we couldn't get her out so I called my neighbor and he drove over here sanded the bottom of the drive way and tried to pull the car out instead he pushed it further in the snow bank . So I called another friend who sent his 80 year dad who told us he did not dare do any thing .In the process of trying to dig out the back tire the car started sliding back wards with me behind it I managed to get out of the way before It ran me over. I had to call a tow truck to get the car out of my drive way so I could get to work . I get to work and went out to my car to get some thing and discovered my door was not shutting and my tire was slack . Why do these things happen the minute the husbands leave ?
Any ways I'm fine a wee bit chilled and I managed to lose 4 lbs this week.
Chiquita 623- It seems like we have had more snow this winter then last
We have not had our -50 below yet usually the middle of Feb , I use to shovel our drive way it is long and is a steep hill but I pulled a muscle in my chest so now I wait for the plow guy.

Hello to everyone else good luck the weigh in . Have a great week end Rena

Last edited by losinitin07; 02-01-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #458  

losinit....what a way to start the day ! ! ! I hope everything settles down.

Congrats on the 4lb loss.

Last edited by YWeight; 02-01-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:59 PM   #459  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

Got the call early this morning....5:30 to be exact....SNOW DAY!!
however, my bubble was quickly burst by my 10yr old telling me that her head was itchy...I hate those words!! After a quick look, I found some lice eggs, sent dh to the store for some treatment shampoo, checked everyone else (thank goodness nobody else seems to have it), and I have been doing laundry, vaccuming and going through my daughters hair ever since. What a day!!
We had it once before, and while it doesn't freak me out, it is just alot of work, and the shampoo is a little pricey. Oh well, it got me out of shovelling the driveway!!
Anyway, dh also bought some teatree oil shampoo, which is suppose to prevent head lice being attracted to your head.
Dream I didn't quite reach my exercise goal. I was a bit short, but if I keep exercising while I watch TV at night, I just might do it this month. Thanks for asking. Good luck with your goal too.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #460  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Hey guys just wanted to check it. Augh, ice for us too. My car isnt going anywhere. I had a rough couple of days-fighting with the finance-just tired of his BS and comments-he couldnt even be happy for me that I lost 4lbs last week. he shoulda at least kept his comments to himself. I'm tired of feeling like s**t cos I am big. I cant wait til i am all sexy again and flaunting it!!

Dream: it was a lean protein, veggie and fruit diet nixing everything else-not so healthy which is why I am tweaking it big time lol.

Diva- I know where that is. Easton is like 45 min away and kunkletown maybe 20. What a small world.

Losinitin07-aw I'm sorry about ur morning I know how much that sux. I hope things get better!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:46 PM   #461  

Hi All,
Sorry i haven't been posting much the last few days, but I haven't been home a lot. I don't think this is going to be a good week for weight loss for me, both with running around and grabbing what I can to eat and being one of the TOM girls this week, the chocolate has won. I'm going to give up soda for lent, so I'll see how that efects everything too starting next week.

For everyone that has lost this week--GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

Diva, Love the dress, I missed about the challenge, where could I find it?

Vanetta- I wore my red today

Reda- Happy Birthday, hope your day was great.

For all the snowed in Bunnies- The only this better that a Snow Day is a snow day on a Friday or Monday, I love those 3 day weekends. We just got a dusting.

For Everyone Else, Have a Wonderful Weekend.

I'm going to the mall early tomorrow to walk with my team, hoping for 3-4 miles.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #462  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Since there's a couple of people asking about our Valentine's Day challenge I decided to give this a little bump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
YAY!

Well, I've never done this before so I will say:
1. we can do our own tickers
2. post our goals on Sunday night or Monday morning as to how much we wanna lose by Valentine's Day
3. at the end of each day or the next morning, we have to post our menu of what we ate, and the calories (if you are counting) and whatever exercise we did. even if ya slip, we wanna see!

I'll give everyone 1 freebie day to mess up.

Hun.e.B did this 10 day's before Turkey day and lemme tell ya, I lost myself 8 lbs! So this will be fun!

BTW, Thanks Mel for the idea!
Anywho, I am scared to get on the scale for weight in. That scale can be my best friend or my worst enemy. I REALLY need to ONLY weigh myself once a week. I get on it and y'all know how weight can change a pouind here or there from day to day. Well a couple of day's ago I got VERY frustrated and my mind has said, EFF IT! You aren't losing anyways, eat what you want! Unfortunately, this has been Hardee's, Micki D's, and damn Krispey Kream donuts. I know this weeks weight in will be bad. Maybe I should take a freebie? Not to mention we have Super Bowl tomorrow. sigh.... Anyway, I am so glad we are going to refocus and do this challenge because I need it.

Jesse fessed up that he really doesn't wanna join the GYM with me and I don't wanna drive across town and do it alone so I think I have decided to visit the community 3 times a week (M,W, & F), do the C25k on their treadmills and then afterward, swim some laps. Then if I feel like it do some upper body with Jillian. Tues & Thursday, do my cardio at home and some lower Body with Jillian and rest on the weekends. I am going to do this for a month and try and make it a habit and go from there. I mean it!

Last edited by Diva; 02-02-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #463  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Good morning team!

My week has been SOOOOOOOOOOO bad! Well... in terms of food and choices. Everything else was busy, but okay. So TOM was on it's way all week and man I was having the worst cravings and slipping like no other! So today I have vowed to hit the gym, organize my life and get back with the program! So once I have no excuses I will be able to stay on my plan and work out daily. We'll see what happens come Monday!

Diva- that is soooooo good to keep someone (like me..) very very accountable. only 2 weeks left... i'm doing it!
Old 02-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #464  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

I see they have a TBL UK marathon on the Real channel.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey Black Team! I hope everyone is having a good weekend. So far we've had a busy one. DD had gymnastic and bowling this morning. After that we went to the pet store, and bought the dog a new kennel and a couple of toys. We got the car washed and had lunch at McD's. I love the grilled chix wraps, prolly not healthy with the sauce but their good! After that we swung by the tattoo shop. I checked to see how much they'd charge if I reduced the size to 5 1/2"x10 1/2". It knocked the price down 200 bucks and will fit on the shoulder blade better than the orig size I had picked out. I scheduled the appt for the 20th of February! I'm ecstatic and can't wait.

Reda-I hope you had a great birthday!