Old 01-24-2008, 08:15 AM   #301  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hey all, I'm sick again . I ended up extremely tired, achy and sniffling on tuesday, luckily I made it through the day, but I ended up in bed yesterday most of the day taking Vitamin C megadoses (about 6 grams per day).

Feeling a little better today, much better in fact - but I will continue my Vitamin C (Cold FX does not work for me, I've tried it!)

What are your views on Vitamin C Megadoses? You take as much vitamin C as you can throughout the day (usually 1000mg every couple or three hours) - but not enough to give you the squirts...

Last edited by tamaralynn; 01-24-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:52 AM   #302  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Good morning Team Black!

Tamaralynn, I am sorry that you are sick. I hope that you get over it soon. I have never taken Vitamin C Mega doses. I haven't read much about it either. I think if it makes you feel better quicker without bad side effects than you should take it.

We went to the Y yesterday during lunch and used the treadmills. I discovered something while I was on the treadmill. When I first started losing weight in Sept I could only walk at a speed of 1.5 and I ran at a speed of 3.0. Now I walk at a speed of 3.0 and run at 4.1. I have doubled how fast I walk. Before I could walk a mile in over 35 mins. Now I can walk a mile in 20 mins. That is my first huge NSV.

Ok, enough about me. I hope that everyone has a great OP day. We are leaving to go to New York in the morning @ 4am. I will try to check in with you all tonight. If I don't make it back here tonight then I will "talk" to you all on Monday after we get back. Kick butt this weekend Team Black!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:32 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaralynn View Post
Hey all, I'm sick again . I ended up extremely tired, achy and sniffling on tuesday, luckily I made it through the day, but I ended up in bed yesterday most of the day taking Vitamin C megadoses (about 6 grams per day).
Sorry to hear you're sick. Glad to hear that you're feeling a little better though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahill1979 View Post
We went to the Y yesterday during lunch and used the treadmills. I discovered something while I was on the treadmill. When I first started losing weight in Sept I could only walk at a speed of 1.5 and I ran at a speed of 3.0. Now I walk at a speed of 3.0 and run at 4.1. I have doubled how fast I walk. Before I could walk a mile in over 35 mins. Now I can walk a mile in 20 mins. That is my first huge NSV.
WOOHOO I love NSV's like that! It's nice to see your weight dropping, of course... but it's also great to see how you're changing by means of being able to do more with exercise and such.

Good morning Black Team!!! As luck would have it, TOM showed up yesterday so I am bloated like a cow As of Monday, I was back down to 195.0. Then, overnight my weight just jumped up by 3 pounds. UGH! I realize that I can't control TOM, but it is still just SO discouraging. So I may hold off on weighing in until he's gone. I find it so much easier to get discouraged by seeing my numbers jump like that and then go bingeing because of it. That is something I'm having to work on hardcore.
We're going to see my parents on Saturday and will be there until Monday afternoon (they live 3 hours away). I am SO excited!!!! I'm also so nervous too. My mother is one of the best cooks that I know - and she spares nothing in making her food (ie, salt, lard, etc.). I've noticed the past couple of times we've gone that it's gotten a little easier for me to control my portions and make wise choices and be sure to drink large quantities of water. But, it still makes me nervous. My mom's birthday is coming up on the 30th, my son's is on the 31st, mine is on Feb. 4 and my daughters is on Feb. 11 - so I'm wondering if they'll want to celebrate while we're down there....

I do have an appointment with the trainer this morning. She retested our Body fat % yesterday. We have trained with her for 7 days over the course of 2 weeks. My body fat % has dropped 1/10 of a %. However, she mentioned that since their machine is one that reads through fluids, etc - that I've dropped more than that, but since TOM is here - I'm retaining a lot more liquid. She (the trainer) was really excited about how we've done (my hubby has dropped an entire %). So, I told her I wanted a re-check once TOM is ALL gone. She concurred.

You all have a great day!!!! I'll check in later!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I'm about to go exercise now. I didn't want to, so I decided to get on here to get motivated and it helped! I'm not going to lose a lot this week, but I think if I at least get in a little exercise in the next few days, I'll lose a pound or 2.

All this talk about TOM is scaring me!!! I have bad PMS for about a week before I start. Cramping, headaches, depression, cravings. I always want salt and Dr. Pepper! The symptoms should be starting anytime in the next few days, and I really hope I can be strong enough to stick to this. If I can make it through that week, I know I'll be fine any time. If anyone has pointers for dealing with the cravings or PMS in general, I'd love to hear 'em!

Chickichickibangbang - LOVE the name! LMAO!

Karma - OMG! I want 'Bringing Sexy Back' on my shirt, too! LOVE it!

Thanks, Dream!

3LittleOnes - I know exactly how you feel! I start calculating how long it's going to take me to do this and start thinking about all the foods I wish I could eat and get pretty down sometimes. The good news for you is, you really don't have that far to go! I would KILL to be starting at your weight! Be happy that you aren't a cow like me! It won't take you that long. Just commit to being healthy and losing SOMETHING. I am trying to make myself lose 1 pound per week no matter what. At that rate, I won't hit goal for a very long time, but I will slowly get there.

What is it that is giving you a hard time? Food or exercise? Maybe you could up your calories a bit, give yourself a cheat meal once a week, do little things to make the diet more bearable. If it's exercise, only do something you really enjoy, like taking a walk with the kids, etc. Or shorten your time. As long as you do something!

Oh, and I also see those 3 adorable faces on your avatar! That is the BEST motivation right there, although I'm sure sometimes they probably motivate you to go lock yourself in a room and stuff your face all day! (don't know if you're a stress eater, but I know I am!) Seriously though, you want to be here to see them grow up and see your grandkids and all that, right? I think about that a lot to try to stay motivated.

Ok, I'll shut up now! I am DEFINITELY no authority on weight loss! Just wanted to give you a few tips to help you stay motivated. You can do it! We all can!

TamaraLynn - I'm sorry your sick! I just got over being sick, and I know it sucks, especially when you're trying to lose, cuz you don't want to exercise and all I wanna do is east comfort foods!

About the Vitamin C, I really do think it works. I used to take 1,000 mg everyday and NEVER got sick. I haven't been taking it this year and have been sick several times, so I think I need to go back to that. Also, when I'm sick, I noticed that if I drink my little Emergen-C packet, I usually feel better for an hour or 2. I get mine from Vitamin Shoppe or Vitamin World web site. Not sure which one it is, but one is cheaper than the other. It's much cheaper than doing it at the store, even though you pay for shipping, and they have more yummy flavors! I buy several boxes at once so I only have to pay once shipping price for it all. They have $3.99 flat shipping regardless of what you buy, so I buy as much as possible. They also have kids vitamins, which I try to give to DD everyday, or when I remember! Good luck! Hope you feel better soon!!!

Will check in with you guys tomorrow!
Old 01-25-2008, 04:41 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 172/132/125

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
that is an awesome improvement! keep it up!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:19 AM   #306  

Quote:
Good morning Team Black!
That is WONDERFUL Manda!! Congrats to you!!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:24 AM   #307  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

good morning ladies...it's FRIDAY!!!!!
I have had a very busy week...meetings, school activities, my youngest turned 7 (yikes), and...I am so behind in my housecleaning. I haven't even gotten the last of my Christmas decorations put away yet. My little guy wants to have a couple of friends go for lunch and a movie for his party tomorrow, which is fine with me! I was not looking forward to a big party with an active bunch of wild boys in my already messy house.
Jan 1....stayed up too late last night
Jan 2...40 minutes Turbo Jam sculpt, 20 minutes shovelling snow
Jan 3...40 mins Turbo Jam cardio, 20 mins TJ ABS
Jan 4...nothing...visiting friends out of town all day.
Jan 5...60 min walk/jog.
Jan 6...nothing
Jan 7...55 min BL cardio/sculpt
Jan 8...60 min TJ cardio/ABS
Jan 9...40 min TJ sculpt
Jan 10..50 min walk/jog
Jan 11, 12,13....sorry to say, not much exercise this weekend. Spent most of it watching my daughter play basketball at a weekend tournament.
Jan 14...55 min BL cardio/sculpt
Jan 15..40 min TJ sculpt, 25 min TJ cardio
Jan 16.. 20 min BL cardio
Jan 17..nothing...family funeral
Jan 18...45 min treadmill.....loved it!
Jan 19...nothing...workout room at hotel closed. played in the pool for a bit
Jan 21...50 min BL cardio/sculpt
Jan 22...60 min TJ cardio/AB
Jan 23..40 min TJ cardio
Jan 24..nothing
Jan 25..20 min BL boot camp

I was posting in the exercise challenge thread....everyone is doing so well!
80 minutes here, 90 minutes there.....i need to kick it up a notch!!
Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by Dea; 01-25-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:55 AM   #308  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Good morning all
Tamaralynn I hope you are feeling better
To the rest of the black team we all doing awesome
Have a great day
Old 01-25-2008, 10:01 AM   #309  
Proud Black Team Member

S/C/G: 229/223/150

Height: 5'2

Hey,

I thought I'd go ahead and post a little update since I haven't posted in awhile. I'm going to take a freebie this week. I've done horrible with eating. We're getting ready for a big trial at work and I've been eating out almost everyday since I've been working so much overtime. But as of last night I'm back on track. I got a new TV to put in my bedroom so I could do my workout DVDs in private cause I don't like doing them infront of my family..

Ok.. Gotta get back to work.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #310  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Good Morning Black team! I made it through the 2nd week from **** and I am in one piece! I haven't lost any weight as of yet, but I haven't gained either. I am a lil' confused by this as I have stayed within calories all but 1 day. I haven't been exercising, so that could be it, or it could be water retention, or heck, it could be STRESS! But anyway, I'm not giving up. I bought me some Kashi foods, a new resistance ball, and hopefully within the next couple of weeks, I'll have my treadmill and a new car! YAY!!! I'm also going to go get a PT job and ease myself back into the world. Sooooooo very tired of struggling for everything.

Have you all read the Kashi food lables? There are a lot of fiber & protein in one serving of these foods and I just think that's awesome! Keeps ya full longer and fuel for your workouts too!

Anywho, I hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 01-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Tatiana & Julz: I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one struggling with TOM. I'm drinking water like a freak and still feel puffy. I just feel hungrier this time of month. I've eaten almost all of my AP's and even dipped into my FP's. I'm worried about Monday's WI.

We had a birthday party last night for my son. Steak, baked potatoes, really awesome red wine. Nibbled at his ice cream cake . . . My husband's birthday is next Tuesday - eegads!! Is there no end to all these social obligations??

I'm supposed to go to Bunco tonight but I don't want to go. I can't take anymore wine and awesome food this week and I'm feeling too weak to resist it. I'm going to stay home and work out instead.

I'm amazed how much some of the people in this challenge are working out. Need to get my fanny into gear . . .
Old 01-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

hey awesome black team!

carrie - yeah, you're right....I should run on the cruise. OR! i could get up and drink by the track......does that count as exercise???????

Today is my "work from home" day, so I don't get to go to the
gym at work. Waiting patiently till DH gets home so he can watch the babies and I can run.

tatianna - my brother just had a little girl and named her Gianna!

diva - new workout equipment is fun!

dea- way to go on the exercise!

girls with TOM - I don't know if this will make you guys less worried, but last week I weighed in during TOM and was okay. It might help if you workout before you weigh yourself - I know after I run I can easily see a couple of pounds drop from sweat loss. It's temporary, but then again, so is the TOM water weight, so in the end it will be accurate.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 239/214.6/145

Height: 5' 5.5

Manda- That's a huge nsv! Great job!

Tamaralynn- I hope your feeling better. When I start feeling sick I go grab a vitamin C, but I've not tried the mega doses.

LondonJulz- Gee, that's alot of birthdays close together. I'm glad your trainier agree to recheck you after tom leaves. Your doing great! Have you enjoyed your 7 days with the trainer? I know your glad your dh is doing so well too.

TatianaHdz- How did your exercise go?

Belly- Hopefully things will calm down some. Good job getting back on track!
Old 01-25-2008, 07:27 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey black team!

Diva~I eat Kashi cereal. I like the Autumn Wheat and the one with blueberry clusters those are good. I eat the hot cereal every once in awhile, its not too bad, I've had the vanilla and the cinnamon one I believe. I've also had the kashi crackers, those are really good with a lil laughing cow cheese or with a salad.

ggmugsy~Good for you avoiding the wine and food tonight. Do you play Bunco every week? I have a friend that she used to get together with her teacher friends every friday and play. I hear its a fun game.

BellyBuster~Its hard to stay on plan when you're so busy. Good to see that your back on track. I understand about the exercising in front of the family. I have a real problem when my husband watches cuz he tends to crack lil jokes, or he'll try and make fun of the exercises. Thats why I try and do it before the crack of dawn, when everyone else is sleeping.

Dea-WoW you seem extremely busy...don't you get tired of all the running. Yet you manage to find all that time to exercise...YOU ROCK GIRL! Keep up the good work, you're an inspiration to us all.

Karma- I agree with Tatiana- I want one of those shirts too! We could put 3FC on the front and then on the Back put Bringing Sexy Back... I'd so wear that!

Manda-great job on making it to the Y, and look at the progress! You're doing awesome keep up the hard work, it is paying off.

Well today has been a bust. I woke up this morning very tired didnt feel like running so I did pilates instead. Eating has been off track all day. I ate out for lunch and we are suppose to go out for supper . i guess I'm gonna have to be really good the next two days and hope to just break even. We are suppose to have a heat wave this weekend, they're talking 40's so hopefully all the snow will melt and maybe we can play outside to burn some extra calories. I'd like to get DD's bedroom rearranged, painted and stuff hung on the walls, but that might be pushing it. I've got these really neat decal type things from upper case living, to put on her walls, one has the saying Always Kiss Me Goodnight. I want to put that above her bed and then I have two 18" daisies to put on another wall. We'll see what this weekend brings.

Everyone have a wonderful night and weekend. I'll try and post more this weekend.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:49 PM   #315  

Hi All black Team members,
Hope everyone's week went well, for all those who were sick I hope you feel better for the weekend, I've had 2 sick kids at home most of the week so I have lots of sympathy for you. Thursday was one of those days I did not have a single meal at home, went to dr for a fasting blood test than straight to work. I made a peanutbutter sandwich to eat after the dr so I didn't give in to a donut. Then lunch was like someone suggested to me, a grilled chicken breast on wwtoast and cottage cheese. My supper meeting I ate a bowl of soup and tossed salad. I think I'll make a big pot of ham and bean soup tomorrow, I can eat that for several days and it is so good for me. It's going to be a stressful few weeks for me, my mother asked me to help her find an assisted living apartment and I know I'll get a lot of grief from the rest of the family for 'putting her away' even tho it's her idea. It sucks being the oldest.