Old 01-28-2008, 08:19 AM   #331  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Good morning all
Hotcubanmamma what a great idea thanks for sharing.
I hope every one has a great week . My DH and I went for a long walk with our furry child (our black lab) on the snow mobile trail it was cold but the sun was shining and once we got moving we couldn't tell it was cold out . I enjoy being out but some days it gets really cold here so I'm forced in side , will be nice when spring gets here. Rena
Old 01-28-2008, 08:48 AM   #332  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I think this is a GREAT perspective! I have been losing for a while now and I have to face the fact that I will be having some small weekly losses coming up in the future: That's just how it works out, for me! Your post helps me look at it in the bigger picture, not always an easy thing to do in a weight-loss competition!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickichickibangbang View Post

losinitin07 - I saw on the weigh in thread that you lost a pound this week and then you wrote you would "do better" next week.....well, I say congratulations for that pound! and for every half pound and quarter pound too! I remember going to one of my first WW meetings and a women there had hit maintenance after losing 45lbs total, and she had taken a year to do it...and after listening to her talk, I realized that that averaged out to less than a pound a week...and seriously, it was so inspiring for me to realize that success didn't mean losing a ton of weight at one time, that this woman had been losing a half pound to a pound consistently for a year and here she was now, 45 pounds lighter... so, your pound is awesome...cause in the end they all add up. cheers!
Spinymouse, sorry for your loss. Let us all know if we can be there for you in any way.

Diva, you'll be a beautiful bride! Thanks for the weigh-in reminder. Get your weights in, girls (and boy!)!!!

Dream, your plan looks good! Stick to it and you'll be pleased with the results!

HotCuban, the bead idea is cute.

Ggmugsy, I feel ya! Sometimes being a woman can be taxing.

Notthecheat, how fun and a great NSV. I too LOVE Indian food!!!

Reda, under 170 must feel GREAT! I'll be there someday...this year or early next, I hope!

Catibeans, a size 14 is amazing! I can't WAIT until I am there!!!

London, how long/how often have you been seeing a trainer? I really want to do the same! That confirmation from an outside source must have been a boost!

Losingit, good for you for exercising even in the snow!!!

Rainlips, keep at it! Have a great week!

I hope I got everyone.

To all who posted and those who did not, best of luck to y'all and remember you are doing this not just for yourself but for the team!

I thought of y'all when I wanted to quit the treadmill after 15 minutes...I boosted it for 30 and then to 45, 'cause I want to help myself AND the team succeed!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:27 AM   #333  

I'm sorry team, I just posted a .6 lb gain for the week. No excuse really, I'm doing really well drinking my water, and although I haven't gotten into an excercise routine yet, I am taking the stairs whenever possible, parking farther away from the door, etc.
I'm stuck and I know that excercise is the answer.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #334  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Black Team. I didn't do so hot this past week but am determined not to let it get me down. I have recommitted myself to weighing, measuring and writing down everything I eat this week. I also plan on moving around more this week and start exercising on a regular basis. We have a stepper at work so I think I'll plan on getting here 20 minutes early every day and use it for 15 minutes a day 5 days a week. That would be a start. I am also going to check into Jazzercise or Curves or something near the office so that I can pop over there and do it right after work on my way home.

Hope you all have a great week. I'll check back in later.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:03 AM   #335  
Black Team Member

S/C/G: 191.8/170.6/130

Hey everyone, things have been quite busy around here, so im finding it hard to be able to check in. I finally got back on the treadmill today, so thats means my week is off to a good start!

I lost 1.2lb last week, I am hoping for alittle more this week!

hope everyone had a great week! and has a good week this week!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #336  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Hey black team!

I was hugely surprised when I got on the scale this morning - down 3.2 pounds!! I ran harder than usual last week, and didn't increase calories, so I am guessing that is why. I really am only shooting for 2 pounds a week to keep it healthy.

LondonJulz- since I will be on the cruise next week, I put in my weight already bc I didn't want to have to take a freebie. If I get a chance to log in wednesday night before I go and it changes, I will edit it. Is this okay to do???

Laurie - good for you!! I think that when you start exercising regularly you will feel awesome! Okay, maybe not everytime you do it (lol!) but after you are done it is just the best feeling.

3littleones - good start to the week!

losinitin07 - I have 2 yellow labs. They are such good furbabies! They are really good with my 2 little guys.

Vanetta - hey, everyone has an off week. But you have lost 70 pounds so far!!! How awesome is that!! Don't let it get you down. Next week will be better!

Spiny - :hugs:

Okay - I need to go do some more work.....if I don't check in before I leave for my trip, I hope everyone has an awesome week!! I really will try to check in though. As long as no one pesters me at work I can pop in no problem.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #337  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody

I had actually posted b4 the weekend but my computer ate it and I didn't have the heart to retype it.

Congrats to everybody on making it through another week in the challenge. I was down 2 pounds this week. I have to say, my eating isn't perfect. I've eaten some crappy food, but in small portions. I'm trying to train myself to eat the way I plan to eat for the rest of my life. I'm not always going to have the grilled chicken and broccoli, so I need to learn how to manage in the real world and just not go overboard, everyday. Don't get me wrong, I love lean meats and fruits and veggies, and that's what I'm having 90% of the time, but I also love pizza, burritos, and biscuits.

I want to say 'thank you' to all of the posters who didn't lose what they wanted to this week, but still are here. This is a life long journey and some weeks (or months ) will be better than others. We just have to keep at it and keep trying, no matter how much we ate the week before. I think you guys are just as inspiring as the big losers, if not more so. We'll all have 'off' weeks with no loss or a gain, but this is about our health and supporting each other, not just winning a contest. I'm grateful to be able to visit with people here who know the struggles I face and obsess about daily.

Good luck today with all your goals on eating and exercising!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:59 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys! I didn't do too well last week! I only lost a pound, which I was pretty down about, until I saw Chickichickibangbang's post, and she's absolutely correct! Who cares how fast we lose, as long as we're losing. It's eventually all gonna come off, so I'm not gonna worry. I stuck to my calories last week, but I didn't exercise since I was sick. This week I plan on sticking to my calories and exercising but TOM should come Thurs or Fri, so who knows if I'll lose. My goal is at least a pound every week. This will be a tough week. I get PMS about a week before TOM, so since Friday, I've been craving sugar and caffeine! Gonna stick with it though, and if I want something naughty, I'll make room for it with my calories.

Mugsy - Way to go on working out instead of Bunco!

Ceegee - Aww! Seems like the name is getting pretty popular, but I've never met anyone around here with it. Congrats on being an aunt!

hsmom- Exercise didn't go too well last week, but I'm back on track today!

Spiney -
I'm so sorry about your friend. Hang in there and take it day by day. We all understand. Friendship is a lot more important than weight loss, so just focus on what you need to right now. Hugs!!!

Cubanmama - Love the necklace idea!

Ok, I'm off to do WATP now that you guys have me motivated!

Last edited by TatianaHdz; 01-28-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #339  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Popping in the thank NotTheCheat & ggmugsy for the pm and what ya said in the Spoiler thread. it's much appreciated. I gotta go primp and pick up my son now. HUGS!
Old 01-28-2008, 03:15 PM   #340  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Diva - I too am sorry I haven't been chatting as much as I had hoped to be on this thread. When I joined in this challenge I had every reason to believe that I would be on here every day cheering on my team. Things got a little crazy at work and that didn't happen. Now that things are slowing down I should be on here more.

I also wanted to tell you that I am absolutely in love with your dress choices - particularly #1. Don't let the evil in-laws get you down. You are getting married for pete's sake!!! Do you know how many people envy you for that? (Me for one but don't tell anyone else!!)
Old 01-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #341  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Hello team! Sorry I haven't really been keeping up with the chat and stuff... but I am BUSY!!! And now school is starting, so I fear it's only going to get worse. We'll see. I will make an effort to WI and peek in to get an idea of what's new with all of you. Losing slowly, but surely! Hope you all have the absolute best week possible! Later!

Michelle
Old 01-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #342  

Hi All you Great Black Team members,
It's been a good day today, I went back to the Dr this morning and in the past month my cholestrol has dropped about 80 points and my triglycerides went down around 340 points. He was very happy, and I lost weight also. I have changed from on the verge of a heart attack to almost normal in one month!!!! My blood pressure also went to normal.
I just need to increase the walking and other exercise and I'll be good for another 50 - 60 years at least

Diva, sorry I don't talk as much here, I feel that I don't know very many people here but would like to get to know everyone better. I really love reading about everyone's victories, big or small, and also feeling the defeats, I know I've had enough of them. I will try to get better about getting to know everyone and hope they want to know me too.

Last edited by Bette k; 01-28-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #343  

bette k- congrats! that is such a great achievement!! CONGRATS!!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Hey guys,
I am happy that I can report I have made up for my 1.4lb only loss 1st week with a 4lb even this one. That gets some fire to my tush lol. Everyone has their up and down weights-I mean we are female and we do bloat and such, take that into consideration too before getting upset over a gain.

Diva: I have the Jillian Michaels dvd set too-just came in last week. Good luck!

Losinitin07: Emotional eating is a huge obstical onto itself. Congrats on getting over the 1st hurdle with the recognization. U'll do great and I'm rooting for u!!!!

BetteK: Good job with the drs report, that must feel so great!

Lemme know what other ideas u guys have for visuals or if u need any, I have plenty!!!! Much luck. As for me, I am tweaking my diet-which I know I can! And plan to exercise 5x this week.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:47 PM   #345  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

i am going to look for the Jillian Micheals DVDs. I have the Biggest Loser and Turbo Jam ones, but since they are my main work-out source (no gym membership, and it has been too cold and wet to get much jogging done, some new DVDs might boost my motivation.
I was able to post a 2 lbs loss...completely unexpected as TOM arrived this week, and I have been indulging in some comfort foods. Back on track this week...with spring just around the corner, I will be looking for some new smaller clothes to buy!!
Have a great week ladies!!