Old 01-26-2008, 07:17 AM   #316  

Hey all you wonderful Black team members!

TatianaHdz - Thanks about the name!

Tamaralynn - I feel you on being sick, it is awful being sick...i have been in bed the past week myself, on a "water diet" because I just wasn't hungry. As for the Vitamin C, take it!

Manda - wonderful about your NVS!

(Can someone please tell me what "NVS" stands for?)

Hey BellyBuster! I think it is great that you took the intiative to find a place for yourself that you DO feel comfortable working out. So, congrats to that.

losinitin07 - I saw on the weigh in thread that you lost a pound this week and then you wrote you would "do better" next week.....well, I say congratulations for that pound! and for every half pound and quarter pound too! I remember going to one of my first WW meetings and a women there had hit maintenance after losing 45lbs total, and she had taken a year to do it...and after listening to her talk, I realized that that averaged out to less than a pound a week...and seriously, it was so inspiring for me to realize that success didn't mean losing a ton of weight at one time, that this woman had been losing a half pound to a pound consistently for a year and here she was now, 45 pounds lighter... so, your pound is awesome...cause in the end they all add up. cheers!
Old 01-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #317  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Chickichickibangbang I know one pound is awesome I feel better with it coming off slowly but I was just hoping for maybe 2 .Thanks for the support .I've been battling depression on and off have realized that I used food for comfort , now I'm more aware of what goes into my mouth and have recognized the triggers also cut my sugar I've watched my sugar intake for two weeks and I've noticed more energy and not so depressed. I was also in denial about portion sizes and water intake along with exercise.
Good job on every ones loss this week there are some impressive numbers we are an awesome team.
NSV = non scale victory means getting into a pair of jean you couldn't get into a week ago or losing inches.

Last edited by losinitin07; 01-26-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #318  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies!!!!!!

I will have to make this short and sweet because we are packing to head out of town for the weekend! We're going to see my parents and will be gone until Monday evening! (I'll be back before the weigh-in deadline though).

Had a workout with the trainer today. She said she could see a difference in my strength and balance today. This made me happy. This past week has been TOM and I have been SO discouraged with myself, I needed that boost. I'm most discouraged because I can never seem to control any food cravings that I'm having when TOM is here. Any other week, I am SO good about not giving in to temptations...when TOM is here.... I have no control. So, I allow myself to binge and then get so mad and frustrated with myself. I'm not going to weigh-in until Monday morning so I can let myself recover from TOM being here and rid myself of any extra fluid retention that I have and hope for the best on Monday morning (taking my scales with me to the parents!).

I'm not sure that I'll be able to check in from their house, so I wanted to let everyone know where I'm gonna be.

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #319  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Well just thought I would drop and say Hi I have missed the last couple of days so had to catch up. Well I leave for Vegas and did not hit my short term goal short by 2.8 pounds but that is okay I am under 170 . I did lose .6 pounds this last week and will be back for about 4 hours on Thursday before we leave again so I will weigh in on Thursday this week because we won't be back by deadline Monday.
Good Luck everyone on their weigh ins.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:48 PM   #320  

I hope everyone is having a great day! I am just so excited, last night I had to go to Macys to get a nice "business casual" outfit- and OMG I am a size 14!! They fit great, not too tight or anything- I was so excited! I lost a pound week which is great becuase AF is here- hopefully will be a bigger loss next week becuase I've been working my *** off at the gym! Well hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:36 PM   #321  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

yeah good job , It always exciting when you can fit into some thing smaller . We do not hav e a Macy's closet one 120 miles away I try to go when I'm in the big city. Have a great week end .
every one else I hope you all have a great week end also.
Rena
Old 01-27-2008, 10:07 AM   #322  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi Everyone. Sorry I have not been chatty this past week. It has been a very tough time, as I lost a very dear friend last weekend. I have not been paying any attention to things like exercising or food or weighing because it seems almost absurd to do so. I will take a freebie week and just post my same weight from last week. I hope to hang in there and pay attention to more things this coming week. It will be a struggle. This one really took me down hard.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:16 AM   #323  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Sorry I haven't been so chatty this week either. I have been keeping on plan though. I did get out dancing on Friday night and I went for about 2 hours straight! It was loads of fun. I had a fantastic NSV. One of the women who was in the group I met up with came up to me at towards the end of the evening to tell me that she loved my energy. That touched me more than people I know telling me they can see that I have lost weight, because for me having the energy to fully throw myself into life is my biggest goal. I hope to do it again soon!

I have a challenge tonight because I am supposed to meet my dad for dinner at my favorite Indian restaurant, which does a massive buffet on the weekend. I skipped my Friday night treat and I kept my calories fairly low yesterday to compensate. I will try to make good choices and stay away from the gulab jamun!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:06 PM   #324  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Sorry about the loss of your friend Spiney. Hang in there.

I haven't been so chatty either. It's been a tough couple of weeks fincially, and with the stress of the car/truck thing I have struggled, but mostly the struggle has been with exercise and my attitude, lol! I am getting better now as is the car/truck money situation so...
Anyways, Housework awaits me today so I have to make this quick.

Reminder about Weigh-In:

Please have your weigh-in post edited with your weight no later than Monday Night 11:59 pm (EST) Please Don't be late and DON'T round your numbers. If you live in central, Mountain, or Pacific time please be aware of time differences.

Peace out!
Roni

Last edited by Diva; 01-27-2008 at 12:11 PM. Reason: OMG! I can't spell!
Old 01-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

WOW! So many of you have had great NSV's this week. Smaller sizes, better strength and balance. Those are great things to focus on when the scale isn't being sweet.

TOM should be here Tuesday and I'm miserable. I've gained weight every single day this week. I'm bloated and puffy and irritable as HE*L!! I've stayed OP, have points left over, and have STILL gained weight. It's maddening. Like my body is betraying me. I feel for all of you going through the same thing.

Dream710: I play Bunco only once a month. My sister and I are on the same team and recently determined that one girl . . . We'll call her Stinky . . . has won every single week for the last 2 years. (There are 3 winners each week, buy in is $4.) We KNOW she's cheating. I'm about to quit the entire thing. Stinky INSISTS we play the game every single week even if everybody else is happy just visiting. OF COURSE she wants to play, she takes home money every week. She's lucky I didn't go this week. With my PMS I may have run her down with my Dodge Ram!! (just joking . . . well, kind of joking.)

Bette K: I feel for you having to help our mom into an assisted living apartment. Be glad you have her support in this. My in-laws are WAY BEYOND needing to move and they won't. Somebody in the family cooks for them every night. It's getting out of hand and dangerous for them to be alone but nobody has the balls to do anything about it. Whatever. Just another irritation in my life I am utterly powerless to change . . .

I'm going to take my rotten mood downstairs and workout. Hopefully I'll feel better!!!

Hugs to all of you wonderful women!!! (And the one man on our team, too.)
Old 01-27-2008, 05:25 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

****IDEA****
Hey guys I wanted to pass an idea that I have been doing. I am a very visual person and use positive reinforcement with the kids I work with as well as my own. I decided to make a simple necklace-just purple chording and black pony beads. I get a bead for every lb I lose so everytime I look in the mirror, I can see my progress.

I know it may sound cheesy to some, but it may be an idea to try Good luck to all who havent weighed in yet (myself included) and to all for the hard work.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:06 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Since I havent had a chance to get on for a while:

Dream710: I am a tss worker (therapeutic staff support) I basically do behavioral interventions for autistic and behavioral kids under 18-though I finally have 2 clients who dont beat me up everyday- I do love them but who wants to get lunch tables and large objects thrown at them/hot/kick/spit/bit everyday? lol.

LondonJulz-congrats on asking for that raise-it takes guts!!!

Dea: I'm sorry for your loss

Diva: Good luck with all the wedding BS-just take a deep breath and think of how hot ur gonna look in that dress!!

Caitbeans Congrats on the size 14! whoo hoo for u!

Spinymouse
: Hon, I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a friend. Take it day by day. Good luck and much love.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #328  
My new arms!

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 56

Hello! Sorry it has been so long! I have been very busy with work. I just wanted to say hi and lets rock this week!!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:57 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Well I posted a 3lb gain this week. I contemplated whether to take a freebie this week and decided not to. I've decided to sit down and come up with a game plan for this week. I haven't been posting on fitday like I should, so I'm gonna start that back up. No more taking money to work with me, that leads to a bag of gardettos here or a bag of grandmas choc chip cookies there. ABSOLUTELY no eating out this week. As for exercise I did good til it came to the weekend, Saturday, was a bust I overate, slept a lot and didn't exercise. Sunday didn't overeat, just didn't eat the right stuff and again no exercise, unless you consider shopping exercise . Speaking of shopping, I went to old navy and they were having a **** of a sale. On all of their clearance you took an additional 50% off. I got a lil for everyone. For my husband I got him boxers for $1.75 and a 60 dollar cashmere sweater for 10. For DD I got her plain long sleeved t shirts for 1.50 and pants for 3 or 4 dollars. I bought myself a pair of capris for 3 bucks. I bought a couple of items that were just on sale but I got one full bag for 80 bucks and saved 70 on my purchase. It felt so good to go and bargin shop! Now if I could only do that at the grocery store .

ggmugsy-I feel for you on the TOM, I usually get it every 6 weeks, around the 3rd week I start getting PMS symptoms til eventually it shows up. Sometimes its such a pain. Last night I saw that advertisement for YAZ, I wonder if it really works for the bloating and moodiness.

Roni-hang in there- I know how you feel about the stresses of money. It never seems thats theres enough to go around. We have 3 big trips coming up in the next three months plus my dd turns 5 in Feb so I'm stressing about money. I just keep thinking about income tax money, and the check we are suppose to be getting from the government.

Nancy-WOW 2 hours of dancing, thats awesome. Thats a whole lot of calories you burned. Great job on planning for your night out.

Spiney-Sorry for your loss . We are here for you, during your rough time.

Caitbeans-WOOHOOO! Size 14 way to go. It feels good when you realize your smaller than you thought, just think 12 is right around the corner! Keep up the hard work.

hotcubanmomma-I like the necklace idea. I think we all should come with something that visually reminds what our goals are. Whether it be a bead for each pound or something else. I might do two different things I like the necklace idea ( jewelry making is a hobby of mine) and then a dollar a pound.

Menu for today:

B-Kashi hot cereal
1 cup cranberry juice
1 banana
S-WW yogurt
L-Veggie Burger on Wheat Bun
Apple
S-Carrots with SB Ranch dressing
S- Smoked Pork Chops
Green Beans
Side Salad

Lets see if I can stick to my plan for today

Last edited by dream710; 01-28-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:18 AM   #330  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Talking

Good Morning Girlies!

Jess FINALLY got the truck fixed! So I have my car back, Thank God! So all is well in that dept. Things appear to be looking up. I guess it all caught up with me yesterday and I had an eating blow out. Got on the scale and there's been NO change from last weeks weigh in, again, Thank God! LOL! A maintain after yesterday is awesome!

I don't have enough for a treadmill so I bought the YOU on a Diet & Some Jillian Michaels DVD's, the 5 DVD box set, so I have a plan. Gonna do 30 to 40 minutes cardio 5 days a week, Upper body strength training M,W,F & Lower body T & Thurs. and
seriously stay on plan! I have a wedding dress to get into!!!

Anyways, Julz asked me to remind you Gals about Weigh in tonight. So here goes....

Weigh-In:

Please have your weigh-in post edited with your weight no later than TONIGHT 11:59 pm (EST) Please Don't be late and DON'T round your numbers. If you live in central, Mountain, or Pacific time please be aware of time differences.

Last edited by Diva; 01-28-2008 at 08:26 AM.