Old 07-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Red face Just joined

HI -- I just joined -- I'm 52 and it is really hard for me to lose -- I'm looking forward to having support. I work at home, so it's doubly hard not to be tempted to snack -- I need to lose 50 pounds! Any help out there would be appreciated.
Ann J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:38 AM   #152  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there ANN . . . and, of course, glad to have you joining our flock of slightely older hens, too. Afraid it doesn't get any easier to lose as we get older, but it is doable. We are all here for you chickie.

Hi to everyone else, too.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:31 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all...Welcome to our newbies. The support you get here will help and the support you give here will bounce back and help you,too. Ann, I can spell out, Tryitdiet,well you're gonna be Try cause I can spell that.

Had a lovely evening went to Chilis for a big salad. That would have been fine, but somebody put a 2:1 gin and tonic at my plate. I needed the vitamins in the lime. Now have to start pouring plain water pour my gullet.

Still humming unhappily. DS(D ain't dear)is driving to Conn from PA then back to PA then to SC tomorrow. They expect to arrive here late Tuesday and will leave Sat morning. Why come? Why use that much gas. Besides big tropical depression blowing into Carolinas.They are using the little Toyota.The visit will be watching them rest up for trip home??? I won't even start to crab about having rescheduled my life around to free up the entire week for them. I love my kids BUT........grrrrrr!

Wow... hit enter and got posted. Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 07-19-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everyone! I have had a pretty good day. Got the house all clean and ready for "looky loos" but still nothing! When I was cleaning today Ginger got up on the Ab Lounge and started making it work. So of course, I had to get a video of it. I sent it to several people and Gary (EZMoney) said he and his wife thought it should be on youtube. I had never done that but figured it out and posted it there. The link is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M5NTWxDQ_o if you would like to see it. I hope it puts a smile on your face 'cause it sure did make me laugh!!

Have a great night everyone and I'll try to get caught up tomorrow.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:25 AM   #155  

Default Fit Day

Hi there!

I just joined Fit Day. Didn't realize I'd already joined one other time. Don't think I'll forget again.

Today was a good day with regard to food. I made wise choices (for the most part and hope I can keep it up when we travel out of state next week. We'll be gone 6 days.
I think it's going to be tough but my goal is to keep it simple. That is to say, stay within my limits, i.e. eat slowly and stop eating when I'm full. Walking will be available to me so that will be my source of exercise.

I'll let you know how it goes.
TryItDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:17 AM   #156  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

That is definitely cute Karen . . . she does that amazingly well.

Nothing exciting for me. See you all later.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:05 AM   #157  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
. I was curious about what reduction plans worked best for you.
For me it was/is The South Beach "diet". But I really don't consider myself on a "diet". It is just plan of eating only healthy non processed foods and replacing unhealthy carbs with healthy ones. I plan on doing this the rest of my life and since I love to eat and love to cook, it was a perfect fit for me.

Busy busy very social weekend, so today I have to clean my house well and pick up my MIL from the airport in New Orleans this afternoon, so waving as I go and grab the dusting cloth!!

Karen, that video is so cute. I got a kick out of it and oh, Miss Ginger looks so svelte!!!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-20-2008 at 08:11 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:28 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann J View Post
HI -- I just joined -- I'm 52 and it is really hard for me to lose -- I'm looking forward to having support. I work at home, so it's doubly hard not to be tempted to snack -- I need to lose 50 pounds! Any help out there would be appreciated.
Hi Ann,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
When I was cleaning today Ginger got up on the Ab Lounge and started making it work. So of course, I had to get a video of it. I hope it puts a smile on your face 'cause it sure did make me laugh!!
Karen, that is ABSOLUTELY adorable. I think you should send to Funniest Home Videos - they pay money for things that aren't as cute as this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryItDiet View Post
Hi there!

I just joined Fit Day. Didn't realize I'd already joined one other time. Don't think I'll forget again.

Today was a good day with regard to food. I made wise choices (for the most part and hope I can keep it up when we travel out of state next week. We'll be gone 6 days.
I think it's going to be tough but my goal is to keep it simple. That is to say, stay within my limits, i.e. eat slowly and stop eating when I'm full. Walking will be available to me so that will be my source of exercise.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Hi Tryit,

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
For me it was/is The South Beach "diet". But I really don't consider myself on a "diet". It is just plan of eating only healthy non processed foods and replacing unhealthy carbs with healthy ones. I plan on doing this the rest of my life and since I love to eat and love to cook, it was a perfect fit for me.
Hi Cat,

I guess I'm on a type of South Beach. I eat VERY few carbs - have almost removed sugar/bread/rice/pasta/potatoes (except for sweet potatoes) from my diet totally. I also see myself eating this way forever. Of course, in my case, the way of eating followed getting diabetes.

Today I'm putting together the documentation to join the DAR. I found a VERY interesting ancestor last week - one of the original colonists - a REAL character. TONS of stuff written about him. His son actually formed his own religion that is still operating!

I have some pork tenderloin to make - use a plum and ginger sauce - looking forward to lunch

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:59 AM   #159  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Lynn, I do eat bread, pasta, rice, but only whole grain bread (ezekiel is my favorite) and brown rice and whole grain pasta and other whole grains such as quinoa. Usually one serving of one or the other a day. Most of my carbs come from vegetables.

What a find discovering that ancestor!! I haven't had much time for research lately. I really one have ONE brick wall left and hopefully one day will tear that down.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-20-2008 at 09:01 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:22 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 200/200/160

Height: 5 53/4

Smile Nice to see all the Nifty Fifties!

Hi all, back at it again after March. A bit of a long break, but you know what happens. Throughout the time I managed to keep my work out schedule maintained and no doubt that helped. I am getting Hubby to get my scales out and put them beside the computer so I can keep track as often/or less as I decide.

Someone mentioned Fit day and I was about to join, is it working for you? With the price of gas it just doesn't make sense for me to be running into the local establishment once a week. I looked very seriously at Fitday, especially since I work out so much. I know I do well when I journall and it seems like a good way to keep up the accountability.

Looking forward to seeing more (or less ! of you)

KC
KCbytheC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:40 PM   #161  
Onward and Downward

I'm another advocate of the low GI/GL lifestyle without actually following any specific plan. Like Lynn and Cat, most of my carbs now come from good healthy, low GI, vegetables.

A lot of people swear by FitDay KC . . . personally I'd suggest you take a look at Nutridiary too . . . it's also free and allows you to easily store entire menus so its great if you tend to repeat the same meal often -- for example breakfast.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 200/200/160

Height: 5 53/4

Thanks Meowee, gee it's nice to talk to likeminded folks. I try to follow the low GI as well, and make most of my carbs hi fi. Since my memory doesn't serve me well right now, how long is it before you get your weight tracker? I think they're so cool!

Anyway, time to get supper moving it's 6:22 and they're calling for rain soon and I am the family BBQ queen....

Talk to you folks later, and if note have a nice evening wherever you are.
KCbytheC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

HI CAT --- Looks like you aren't too far from me --- I'm near Mobile. Your's seems to be the way of eating I strive for. It's hard cooking for a family and not eating "regular" food. If I can just stick to good carbs and cut out the sugars I think I can get back on track. Plus the exercise factor -- that is my hardest hurdle to face!! you know the heat and humidity I have to put up with!! I haven't been to N.O. in over a year -- I guess almost 2 years ago now -- on our anniversary My brother used to live in Covington, but that was pre-Katrina, so we don't make it much over there any more. Well, better get at it --
Ann J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #164  
Onward and Downward

You're almost there KC -- 20 days membership and 20 posts.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #165  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default Good days and not so good days

Hello all

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

I saw onederland briefly this morning. I didn't change my ticker because I probably won't still be there tomorrow. I want to wait until I am more firmly there. I have been yo-yoing for a while ~ so near to onederland yet it feels so far. Yesterday I walked in the stores instead of just sitting while I waited for my husband to finish his shopping. That is a change for me. I feel like I have been making better food choices more of the time now.

Today though, I haven't made such good choices (why I probably will be back in the 2's tomorrow). Why do I do that to myself? Oh well ~ not going to beat myself up about it ~ will just have to make better choices going forward.

Back to work tomorrow. Then on my days off, gotta dig out some pictures Jen has been wanting. She wants to make a collage of pictures of she and her fiance ~ of them from when they were little ~ up to the present ~ to display at their wedding reception. I'd better get on the ball.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote