Old 07-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #181  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5 2

YoYo.......My DH had a beautiful Blue German Weimaraner named Fraulein, looked just like your dog. What kind is the big black and brown gal? Our English Setter is 4 years old and a big tease. He loves to grab the bath towels off the rack and run around the house with them. If we don't happen to see him, he'll come show us what he has but far enough away that we can't grab it out of his mouth. The little terd!
Good Night all you Golden Girls, I was too busy to post today.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:49 AM   #182  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning all you GOLDEN GIRLS . . .

I imagine you've all heard the news that Estelle Getty died yesterday. At least she is now at rest after such a long battle with dementia.

We are still getting a little spotty rain, but the worst is definitely over. Although we did not get nearly as badly hit as a few other places around our little Province, my grass, bushes (and weeds ) are all so lush and green looking this morning they are almost glowing.

The morning news was also talking about Hurricane Dolly in the Gulf and about to hit Texas -- that it will not be too bad and that it will stay out of New Orleans area.

I slept in until after 7 am this morning and have the nasty high BGL to show for it, although the weight hit a new low at 211. Hope this downward pattern continues. I do pretty well with the eating part of the equation but I'm slacking off in the exerccise arena -- blaming it on the hot and sticky weather, but it's really just my in-born 'slug' at work.

Okay, hope everybody has a great Wednesday full of fun stuff . . . see you later . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:52 AM   #183  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all, I tried to post yesterday but my computer or the site wouldn't let me. I am doing well. I went for a long walk last night and hot home just before it started raining. Seem like it rains every day here.

Lyn, I hope the biopsy turns out well. Prayers going up.

bobbi, Your dog sounds like a big tease. Aren't they wonderful!

yoyo, Isn't it amazing how the things we used to eat aren't even that tempting any more? I am appaled at the amount of calories I used to consume. And the junk I put in my body and stil expected it to run the way it should.

I buy the ezeckial bread at my local grocery store now, in the freezer section. Before, the only place I could find it was at Trader Joe's.

make it a good day, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #184  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning!!! My husband just had to go to work for a couple of hours today. He has tons of "saved" days, so he is taking off the rest of the day so he can spend time with his Mom who is visiting from Houston (she's been there since the storm) We are getting ready to go to a Bavarian restaurant for breakfast, then off to take a ride through some little bayou towns to Baton Rouge and find something fun to do there. Got my workout done, got gussied up and house cleaned and ready to hit the road!

I know there is not a thing at that restaurant I can eat, so hoping they will boil a couple of eggs for me. The have great fresh whole grain bread, so a couple of eggs and a piece of bread should do the trick.

School starts in just a few days so we are trying to cram in as much fun as we can. sigh.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-23-2008 at 09:28 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #185  

Height: 5' 8"

Morning all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
YoYo.......My DH had a beautiful Blue German Weimaraner named Fraulein, looked just like your dog. What kind is the big black and brown gal? Our English Setter is 4 years old and a big tease. He loves to grab the bath towels off the rack and run around the house with them. If we don't happen to see him, he'll come show us what he has but far enough away that we can't grab it out of his mouth. The little terd!
My big black and brown baby is a Rotweiler. I actually thought she was a mix because she is only about 75lbs and has that small head but our vet says his mom breeds them and a lot of the American bred females are *petite* like Maxie is. Which is a good thing because they aren't as suseptable to the hip problems the big German ones are. Weimaraner's name is Blue - we didn't pick it, she has papers that say some big long thing about being sombody-or-others Blue Trotter (been a while since I looked at them). Poor baby was only 10 months old when we got her and we were already her 3rd home (the last person returned her to the shelter saying she was allergic to the dog. Yeah right, I think she was allergic to what a *busy* dog she is) - so sad, it took us many trips to the doggie park before she wasn't afraid to get out of the car anytime we went for a ride. I think she was afraid she was going to get left.

We got both of them from a local shelter, gosh, a little over 8 years ago now. Maxie's original owner was in the military and had gotten transferred overseas, couldn't take her with him and had no family here that could keep her for him. Guy at the shelter said he was just devistated to have to leave her so I've often wondered if there was any way to find him and let him know that she ended up becoming a much loved (incredibly spoiled) family member.

They are both quite the characters. Maxie does the running off with towels thing - or any fabric within reach - including socks and underwear she likes to steal from the laundry basket. I'm sure my neighbors get quite entertained if they happen to look out their second story window and see me chasing a dog who is joyfully flying an unmentionable flag around the backyard I've adjusted to keeping the dirty clothes locked in the garage and our clean underthings in a cube on the shelf in the closet because Blue is a little smarter than she should be and knows how to open doors, drawers, and cupboards and I worry about them swallowing socks. Any food that's not in a can has to go on the very top shelf in the pantry - but she has to open it every day just to check. She also likes to open the oven door (just in case I've left a roast in there or something) so now we have to take the knobs off the stove (she actually turned on a burner one day) and DH goes home for lunch every day to check on them. At least, knock on wood, she hasn't figured out how to open the refrigerator. I know, I know, sounds like kind of a lot of trouble to go to but it's much too hot here to make them stay outside and I'm not a fan of "crate training". I just feel dogs should be be able to move around during the day - even if it's just from one bed to the other - and if they need to potty they shouldn't have to choose between holding it or laying in it.

Oh my, I do sound like quite the doggie mommy don't I Talked more about my girls than I have about my grandkids

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
yoyo, Isn't it amazing how the things we used to eat aren't even that tempting any more? I am appaled at the amount of calories I used to consume. And the junk I put in my body and stil expected it to run the way it should.
It truly is. I was actually thinking the other day that I've turned into quite the little food snob. Someone offered me a piece of birthday cake and I had to make a conscious effort not to wrinkle up my nose and say "eeww"

Well, since I spent so much time blathering on about my furkids, I have to run already. I'll try and stop back by later.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

Cleaned out the last bookshelf in my house - I have 13 total - took me several months to finish the job. Had to make a decision with each book whether to toss or save. Was VERY difficult for me.

However, it's all done & I have room to put my scrapbooks & genealogy notebooks on shelves!

Friday I leave for NC for the weekend to see my df. She moved down there to be near her son in early spring. I'm not looking forward to air travel for such a short trip - will return home on Sunday - but I am looking forward to spending the day with my df.

I decided to attend a genealogy workshop in Boston in August. Now I have to make the travel arrangements for that trip. My DD offered to keep my cat for this.

I don't think I'm doing any better losing wt now that I'm not weighing myself. Bottom line is my body can't handle over 1100 calories/day without gaining & I can't seem to make myself eat fewer than 1100. I may be doomed to stay at 149 forever!

At any rate, when I get back from NC, I'm going back to daily weighing/logging. I don't like this once a week stuff.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #187  

Hi again,

YoYo, read your post and it just made me so angry. No one makes you get a dog. When you do you should be responsible!!! I'm glad I am norwhere around when people like the ones that gave away your "baby" are. We adopted out "baby" too, when he was 19 months old. He was the most adorable little thing, a little Shih Tzu. I don't think he was abused, but he was cage raised. Little thing didn't know how to behave outside a cage. It took us a long time to even get him to sit with us. He wouldn't even eat unless he was in his cage. It was so sad, he would get a bite of his food and go into his cage to eat it. Of course, now, he is a spoiled little thing, just like he should be. Had to laugh about the "food snob". I've become one too. It takes something pretty impressive to tempt me now. I've been know to take one bite and go into the bath room and spit it out. Not worth the calories!

Lyn, I don't keep a lot of my books, I read too much and get most of them at the library. The ones I do have are special and I would have a terrible time deciding which ones to let go. Good for you for making a cut. I hope you have a wonderful trip to see your DF. 1100 calories is really not a lot of food. I think you are awsome for being able to stick to a diet with that few calories. But we do what we must for our health.

Take care, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:36 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all...just checking in. House is busy and so noisy! Did well until dinner today. Have to go to Fitday and see how far out I went.

Lynn...You have done so well and you really aren't that far off target, maybe you should stay concentrating on body tone instead of weight. There are better gauges than the damn scale to measure our fitness. It maybe time to sit down and talk to yourself about how you feel and what needs fixing.

My kids flipped out when they arrived. Haven't been here in 2years and I have been on South Beach for 1 1/2 years. So 65lbs less mom was a shock. I walked the entire wildlife park with them....will admit that about 1:30 the heat got me....90+ with100%humidty does it. The sweat kept shorting my hearing aids out.

DH owes me big (his words)...he stayed home with Dash. Last time I spent the day at WickeeWatchee with the kids and mermaids and he stayed home then too. I called him from the edge of the kiddie(urhine)pool with a hundred kids screaming. Never said a word just let the phone pick up the noise. He treated me to all kinds of nice things after that!

Been reading and will take time after visit to do personals. Take care, Hugs, Karen3

ps...just checked ate 1478 cals today. Not as bad as I thought but feeling guilty anyway. k

Last edited by Karen3; 07-23-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

hi...OMG had to come back and tell you what happened at the Park. We have Lou a 50yr Hippo who has a nasty habit. DIL and I were walking passed Lou and I heard the sound I grabbed her and yelled run....Lou farted and sprayed poop 15' in the air and just missed us. The area is known as the spray zone!. karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 07-23-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:15 PM   #190  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Another good day calorie and exercise wise. This week won't be a complete wipe out after all. Just checking in before going to bed. I've been up since 7:30 and it's heading for 11 pm and I'm feeling sleepy and tired. I'm just waiting for my nightgown to dry in the dryer so I can go to bed.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:19 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 210/173/135

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
hi...OMG had to come back and tell you what happened at the Park. We have Lou a 50yr Hippo who has a nasty habit. DIL and I were walking passed Lou and I heard the sound I grabbed her and yelled run....Lou farted and sprayed poop 15' in the air and just missed us. The area is known as the spray zone!. karen3
'Evening Chickies

Karen3 thank you for the laugh. Anytime I think that I'm having a hard time at work I'll remember the "spray zone and Lou's special skills" and know things could be worse

Still swamped at work until colleagues return from vacation, so I'll just wish you all well and hope for a cool breeze .

Lynn will keep the prayers going regarding your biopsy. Enjoy your trip to see your friend.

Good night

Eileen

Last edited by Cute n Curvy; 07-23-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Cute n Curvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #192  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning!

I am waiting on trying to find out something on a job lead I heard about through "the grocery store grapevine". A computer lab job at the local Catholic school. I may try calling again in a bit. Then we are headed over to the Gulf Coast to bring my MIL to visit relatives for a few days.

Had a great day yesterday. Took MIL out to a Bavarian Restaurant for breakfast, then headed to New Orleans to the Quarter. At 2 o'clock yesterday morning, a ship hit a barge on the river close to the Quarter and it split in half and spilled 4 hundred thousand gallons of diesel fuel. They say it will take weeks to clean up. Talk about a nauseating smell...ick!!

In a rush to get ready, but hope everyone has a wonderful day full of fun!
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:21 AM   #193  

Daily Accountability thread for August has been posted. Come reserve your spot today! Thread begins on August 1 when Linda will move it to the Sticky area.

Lynn
Old 07-24-2008, 10:27 AM   #194  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Hi again,

YoYo, read your post and it just made me so angry. No one makes you get a dog. When you do you should be responsible!!! I'm glad I am norwhere around when people like the ones that gave away your "baby" are. We adopted out "baby" too, when he was 19 months old. He was the most adorable little thing, a little Shih Tzu. I don't think he was abused, but he was cage raised. Little thing didn't know how to behave outside a cage. It took us a long time to even get him to sit with us. He wouldn't even eat unless he was in his cage. It was so sad, he would get a bite of his food and go into his cage to eat it. Of course, now, he is a spoiled little thing, just like he should be.
I know, I get so frustrated when I see celebrities carrying critters around like they are some sort of accessory instead of living things with feelings - makes other people think it's OK to get a pet just because it looks pretty. They never give a thought to the commitment involved. But, the way I look at it, if the ninny who couldn't deal with my Baby Blue hadn't brought her back, I wouldn't have had the pleasure of her company all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Hi Everyone,

Cleaned out the last bookshelf in my house - I have 13 total - took me several months to finish the job. Had to make a decision with each book whether to toss or save. Was VERY difficult for me.Lynn
I have a terrible time getting rid of books - I have quite a few that I enjoy so much that I re-read them every few years - I'll put together stacks of them to donate to the library and end up putting half of them back in the house

I'm feeling pretty stuck in a rut as far as the scale is concerned too. Nothing seems to be working and it's bouncing up and down like a beach ball at a rock concert - nothing consistent at all. So, I've decided that, although I'm going to continue to weigh every day just to keep myself accountable, I'm going to find some new areas that need improvement to focus on. Like my posture - I discovered there are a lot of things I do around the house where I fall back into my *fat* posture - like standing at the sink. Of course, I'm secretly hoping that the effort to improve will burn some calories and tighten some things up so they shrink in size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
OMG! thank goodness you knew what was coming! Could have turned out to be a pretty sy trip Do you think Lou does it on purpose to entertain himself? I can see him nudging a friend and whispering "watch this. heh, heh, heh"

Good luck with the job search Cat. Sometimes those "grapevines" end up being better leads than the paper.

Gotta run. Have a perfect day all
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #195  

Big Brother - who do you think will get nominated to be expelled from the house? My bet is Reny and Jerry. Seems like they would be the safest to put up - don't think they have any alliances with anyone.

I CANNOT believe I am writing this!!!!!!

Lynn