Old 07-17-2008, 09:07 PM   #136  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Hi all...It is just after 3pm and I am done...except to do the grape tomato/mozzerella sticks. Do that in the am so the tomatoes stay firm. The tartlets look beautiful...raspberry/lemon curd/chocolate chips....ate one chip cause it fell. Carrot cake has coconut/pineapple/raisens/pecans.The wraps are cream cheese with olive salad.Will cut them into pinwheels. Sandwiches are potato rolls with ham and cheese. Vegies are carrots,brocolli, caulflower and carrots with horse radish dip. Well, sigh I can eat the vegies.
It's almost 11 pm here and reading this post has started my salivary glands working overtime! Those wraps sounds delicious.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:45 AM   #137  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning, gang -- it's Friday -- hope you all have fun things planned for today and for the weekend.

We are looking at another hot and sticky one again. This is getting tiresome. We've had more than our usual levels of humidity for quite a while now. Usually we have only a few days of really sticky stuff throught the entire season.

Not planning to do too much out and about kind of things today -- will, hopefully get some sewing done -- somehow I managed to promise LouLou I'd make crafting smocks for her 6 and 8 year-old granddaughters using a piece of fabric I already had. Came about because I had the fabric on the table thinking about doing just that for my own granddaughters, but mentioned that at age 14 the older one doesn't want to be dressed like her 6 year old sister so I should probably get something different for them. So now I've got 4 smocks to make. Oh well, keeps me out of mischief -- hard to eat and sew at the same time.

See you all soon . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:15 AM   #138  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Another hot day here. We're finally getting those crazy, hazzy days of summer.

Karen, don't know how you manage to make all that wonderful food and not taste! You are STRONG!!

Lyn, I only weigh in once a week. Daily would drive me nuts. There is too much variation and scales lie. And usually, how you feel depends on what that scale tells you. So..another bad habit broken. Congrats of the loss and hope you get a repeat for next week!

Isabella, You can have a wrap (if we can talk karen into giving us one) if i can have just a teeny tiny piece of carrot cake.

Linda, Looks like you're going to be busy sewing for awhile. Have fun.

karen, Hope you hear some good news about the house soon.

Bobbi, I've had my air on all summer. I can't take the heat! You've saved a bundy on electric bills.

I tried some new upper body exercises wed. and found some new chest muscles. Pays to mix it up occasionally.

make it a good day, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:22 AM   #139  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5 2

Good Morning!
Meowee...It's hot and sticky here too, I'm surprised that you get muggy weather in Novia Scotia. Around here that usually means some nasty weather. Yesterday we had bad thumderstorms go through and it knocked out our satalite dish. DH is in a real funk! He called yesterday and they can't come out to fix it until 1 week from today!)
I have an old tv down stairs that runs with attached antenna on top, he plugged that in upstairs. Boy, are we spoiled with over 200 channels to chose from our dish, this little tv gets 5 clear channels and that's it. I personally don't have a problem without tv, I love to read, do crossword puzzles, cryptoquip and computer games. If my computer went out for a week I'm be permanately deranged.
Yoyo...You are doing a great job of losing, I just noticed your stats (5'8" and 157). You must be looking pretty svelte!
I agree and I get my daily fix by weighing myself first thing in am. If the scale is up, It's usually because of something salty eaten from the day before. I chart my weight on a graph posted on refrigerator, a great motivator.
Quote:
I honestly think if I wasn't weighing myself every day I would have a lot of trouble making myself eat enough.
Freda...I see you're an early riser too! What time do you "hit the hay"?
Isabella...About a month ago I cut off all my rhubarb and made Pineapple Rhubarb sauce and ?(senior moment here, can't remember the other kind, maybe strawberry rhubarb) and I thought I'd be done with it. The rhubarb is all back with a vengeance. Do you cut yours off with a knife or pull it out?
My chickens are squalling, I'm late this morning in getting them out. They are housed in the coop at night so coyotes don't eat them. Everyone else I missed have a good one!
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:09 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

morning all...Just flying thru have to leave in a few. I will ship you a wrap and a piece of cake, but will ship USP so that in the 2 weeks it takes by snail mail it won't be eatible. Oh, did anyone watch the show "Greats Americian Dog". I just saw a few minutes they had to have their dog sit'n stay and stare at a plate with favorite food. The Boxer was me. He pressed his nose against the dish and never licked or tasted but took big inhales....The soulful eyes just wiped me away! Karen3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:42 AM   #141  
Bobbi

Quote:
The Boxer was me. He pressed his nose against the dish and never licked or tasted but took big inhales....The soulful eyes just wiped me away! Karen3
Karen3...We missed last night, no satalite dish! But our English Setter is like that. I trained him to only take his treat when I say, "Take". He has that same soulful look in his eyes.
I just let the hens out and picked about 3 cups of Raspberries, no mosquito's yet. Now I have a little time on my hands and decided to read some of your profiles and took notice of all the weight we've lost as a group and individually. I was curious about what reduction plans worked best for you. I know I'll miss some of you that haven't posted so forgive me. I see Freda is a cp teacher, good to know!
What kept everyone motivated and what plan?
YoYo...down 43 lbs.
Freda...down 45 lbs.
Isabella...down 19 lbs.
Karen31...down 37 lbs.
Cat... size 18 to 6
Meowee...down 12 lbs.
Glynne...down 40 lbs.
Karen3...down 61 lbs. WOW!
Eileen...down 20 lbs.
Bobbi (me)...down 14 lbs. (I need to change my stats to 14)
I personally count calories, graph my progress on a chart daily and keep track of all my calories on Fitday. I'm a black or white dieter, either I stay on track and never cheat or I say the heck with it and go AWOL for months. Which I just did, left 3ff last fall and didn't get serious until June 2nd of this year. I also gained it all back, dumb, dumber and dumbest!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 07-18-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #142  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I was glad that woman who constantly fussed at her dog was voted off. She was driving me nuts. My 3 dogs were on the bed watching with us last night. Well, actually only ONE was really watching. The other 2 like Biggest Loser Better !
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #143  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

This place keeps me morivated (as much as anything could) and particularly our Daily Accountability thread.

As I've mentioned before, I count everything, write it all into a little Excel program and chart my daily weight on another Excel graph. Luckily, I'm not an 'all or nothing' type because I never seem to make it through more than a week of POP before I succumb to some sort of indulgence. So far I do manage to get back on track fairly quickly though.

After taking 2.5 years to lose 72.5 pounds, I honestly think my eating patterns have changed a lot. Eating properly is now my norm and the improper eating is the temporary deviation -- used to be the other way around.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Just got back from the dermatologist. He saw a spot on my face that he didn't like & biopsied it.

Getting old s-cks!

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #145  
Isabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Isabella...About a month ago I cut off all my rhubarb and made Pineapple Rhubarb sauce and ?(senior moment here, can't remember the other kind, maybe strawberry rhubarb) and I thought I'd be done with it. The rhubarb is all back with a vengeance. Do you cut yours off with a knife or pull it out?
I pull my rhubarb. It's supposed to grow again later in the summer. For me that will be in late August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
I will ship you a wrap and a piece of cake, but will ship USP so that in the 2 weeks it takes by snail mail it won't be eatible.
Thank you, very much! I can't wait to get green, mouldy wraps and cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
What kept everyone motivated and what plan?
YoYo...down 43 lbs.
Freda...down 45 lbs.
Isabella...down 19 lbs.
Karen31...down 37 lbs.
Cat... size 18 to 6
Meowee...down 12 lbs.
Glynne...down 40 lbs.
Karen3...down 61 lbs. WOW!
Eileen...down 20 lbs.
Bobbi (me)...down 14 lbs. (I need to change my stats to 14)
I personally count calories, graph my progress on a chart daily and keep track of all my calories on Fitday. I'm a black or white dieter, either I stay on track and never cheat or I say the heck with it and go AWOL for months. Which I just did, left 3ff last fall and didn't get serious until June 2nd of this year. I also gained it all back, dumb, dumber and dumbest!
I've lost 29 pounds since January and 19 of those since joining 3FC. In May I started counting calories with Fitday and I find that excellent. I also keep track in the Accountability Thread and I started exercising in March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Just got back from the dermatologist. He saw a spot on my face that he didn't like & biopsied it.

Getting old s-cks!

Lynn
I hope everything turns out alright.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:02 PM   #146  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post

Thank you, very much! I can't wait to get green, mouldy wraps and cake.
My Father was stationed in India and China during WWII. One day in India, he recieved a package in the mail from his Mother. She had made him a coconut cake. By the time it got to him a couple of weeks later, it was all green. He and the other guys decided to eat it anyway and just scraped all the green stuff off it. He later found out that she had dyed the coconut green.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-18-2008 at 06:04 PM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:12 PM   #147  
Isabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
My Father was stationed in India and China during WWII. One day in India, he recieved a package in the mail from his Mother. She had made him a coconut cake. By the time it got to him a couple of weeks later, it was all green. He and the other guys decided to eat it anyway and just scraped all the green stuff off it. He later found out that she had dyed the coconut green.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:55 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all...Just finished and published the final scores online. I walked 4 1/2 miles today. And if I could remember the license plate number of the truck that hit me.....GET OLD S*cks!
Was just gonna read what's happening here and you all made me laugh out loud. That was the best medicine....thanks!

Off to bed...Too tired to sleep but just putting legs up will envoke...never mind what...my Irish lads will be available.Karen3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:08 AM   #149  

Default walking & increased appetite

I was able to be a volunteer at the Olympic Track & Field Time Trials in Eugene, OR. I walked everywhere, everyday on the U of Oregon campus. Thought I would lose weight or at the very least not gain. I was wrong. I get tired of the struggle. Just went through my clothes today and packed away the closes I bought the last time I lost weight, but don't fit now. Why do I do this? I still play tennis 2-3 times a week so it's got to be what I eat.

Here's the pledge: I'm going to write down what I eat each day. This has worked for me in the past. I'm 5' 3" and 160 lbs. My target weight is 130. I can do this!

I'll report back frequently. I read so many success stories on 3FC that I know I can do it. Wish me luck!

More later...
TryItDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #150  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
Much to do today, just going to leave a couple of comments and a big welcome to TryItDiet.
Isabella...Wow, you should put your beginning weight on your ticker, great motivation for yourself and everyone that reads your daily posts.
Quote:
I've lost 29 pounds since January and 19 of those since joining 3FC. In May I started counting calories with Fitday and I find that excellent. I also keep track in the Accountability Thread and I started exercising in March.

Meowee...Double WOW You must have lots of patience to hang in there for 2.5 years, slow and steady. A much healthier way to lose weight.
Quote:
After taking 2.5 years to lose 72.5 pounds, I honestly think my eating patterns have changed a lot. Eating properly is now my norm and the improper eating is the temporary deviation -- used to be the other way around

I need to pick the raspberries before the birds eat them all and water some flowers. Have a healthy eating week-end!