Old 07-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #226  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

-- Just wanted to say HI.

I seem to be having one of those days when nothing goes right . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:29 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Eveing all...Linda I've had one of those days where the more you do the more there is to do!

First is it okay if I shot my DH? I called twice to change the cleaning girl's date. She called back and Dh told her just skip this week and go back to regular schedule. Which means 2 weeks from this Thursday....after having the kids here spreading crumbs etc wall to wall....I have dog hair/crumbs/??? rolling in fuzzy balls between my toes. So I vaccumed the whole darn place.

Went to Walgreens for replacement brushes for electric tooth brush. About 5 minutes ago the old package with2 more brushes fell out of my computer desk drawer. Now now have 5 new brushes.

Crawled around porch sealing floor edges to the brick. Yup, ran out of caulking and had to go get more. Only short about 15'...

Still have to pack, but that will take 2 minutes, but the way today has been think I'll wait until tomorrow. Do have my limes and gin packed...hmmm wonder what else I need???

Walked my 10,000 steps, cleaned the pool and did my pool exercises, cooked dinner and still have time before Big Brother starts. Oh, gas here is down to 3.81 today. Bet it goes up while we are on the road. Oh, programmed DH's new GPS. Boy and his toys...See mind is wandering.

Phyllis what wonderful news about selling Fl house. Now if we can just get Karen's sold in Colorado it will be perfect. Welcome home.

Been a week without doing personals...read about you all...thinking about you. Will catch up next week. Then starts my long week... with sheer dunbness I scheduled myself to direct 3 games in a row. OMG...I killed myself last year with 2 in a row. Ambing off to try and regroup.....Hugs, Karen3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #228  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'm having a hard time getting in any exercise at all this week. I was so good at it when I was on my holidays and now I'm home it's so hot and sticky I can barely move. I was going out tonight at 8 pm, hoping it would be cooler, and just moments before I was going to leave it poured rain with thunder and lightening and now it's dark and I don't walk in the dark!!! The house is like a sauna and tomorrow will probably be just as humid. This week may be a total write off for exercise. My caloric intake is much more stable than on vacation which is good considering I'm not exercising.

We have a fairly short summer season here so I'm not complaining about the heat. August usually brings cooler weather and that's just around the corner and with it comes blueberries. Yeah!!!
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 210/173/135

Height: 5'6''

'Evening Chickies

Just a quick hello before I turn in for the night. Work this week is only slightly less busy than the last two weeks, but I'm grateful for any decrease.

to many of you Chickie

Isabella down some more lbs. for you great job !!!

Karen3 more birthday wishes and have a fun safe trip. You just always make me laugh. Thank you.

Phyllis so glad that your condo sold, quite impressive as FL is one of the real estate markets that is more troublesome due to the downturn in the housing market.

Freda thanks for the . Hopefully 10 days ago or so you got the reply from me for the questions you asked me about my job. Sometimes I wonder if I did the private message correctly, as I not sure where to check my sent file.

Meowee may better days with less furustration be awaiting you.

Anyway hope all of you are staying cool and remain

Eileen

Last edited by Cute n Curvy; 07-29-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Cute n Curvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:56 AM   #230  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Happy Wednesday everyone!!!

I had to take my oldest son to the Dr. at LSU yesterday (he's ok...heat exhuastion and dehydration) On the way back home we were stuck in awful traffic on the interstate. Stuck for hours. While were were stuck there, my cell phone rang. It was the principal I talked to the other day. Not only did I get a job, I got a choice of grades...1st or 2nd. I've never taught 2nd before, so I chose that one. whoopee!!!!!

Now I have to have a classroom ready in just a few days. Should be fun!
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:39 AM   #231  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Way to go CAT . . . . . . know you'll be great with grade 2, Chickie.

Hang in there, ISABELLA . . . "unsettled" seems to be the operative word for the weather in Atlantic Canada again today. Like you I can hardly wait for the local blueberries. and so good for us too.

Hi EILEEN . . . hope you get a quiet rest of the week at work.

Oh my, KAREN3 . . . you've had a fun day, too . . . at least nothing in this morning's news about "Floridian woman shoots exasperating husband".

Nothing too exciting for me . . . just trying to keep up with the influx of fruit flies . . . now have five vinegar-water-soap bottles sitting around the kitchen and they are full of flies every morning but still enough of the little demons around to try to help me eat my dinner salad every night. They the Balsamic Vinaigrette I put on it. Me too.

Okay gang, try to keep busy today -- hope the weather in your area is cooperative for whatever you hve planned.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:54 AM   #232  
Isabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post

First is it okay if I shot my DH? I called twice to change the cleaning girl's date. She called back and Dh told her just skip this week and go back to regular schedule. Which means 2 weeks from this Thursday....after having the kids here spreading crumbs etc wall to wall....I have dog hair/crumbs/??? rolling in fuzzy balls between my toes. So I vaccumed the whole darn place.
Men!!!!! Always trying to help in the wrong way!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute n Curvy View Post
'Evening Chickies

Just a quick hello before I turn in for the night. Work this week is only slightly less busy than the last two weeks, but I'm grateful for any decrease.
Eileen
You sound really busy, but I've noticed you're burning off that fat really fast. I check the Accountability thread every time I post and you're doing wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
Happy Wednesday everyone!!!

I had to take my oldest son to the Dr. at LSU yesterday (he's ok...heat exhuastion and dehydration) On the way back home we were stuck in awful traffic on the interstate. Stuck for hours. While were were stuck there, my cell phone rang. It was the principal I talked to the other day. Not only did I get a job, I got a choice of grades...1st or 2nd. I've never taught 2nd before, so I chose that one. whoopee!!!!!

Now I have to have a classroom ready in just a few days. Should be fun!
Glad your son didn't have anything worse. And congratulations on the new job. Grade 2 students are great to teach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Hi there . . .
Nothing too exciting for me . . . just trying to keep up with the influx of fruit flies . . . now have five vinegar-water-soap bottles sitting around the kitchen and they are full of flies every morning but still enough of the little demons around to try to help me eat my dinner salad every night. They the Balsamic Vinaigrette I put on it. Me too.

Okay gang, try to keep busy today -- hope the weather in your area is cooperative for whatever you hve planned.
Tell me about vinegar-water-soap and fruit flies.

The weather is cooler today after the thunder showers last night. I'm just about to start my circuit workout.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #233  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Quote:
The following is courtesy of Dr. Weil on Healthy Aging.
Last week we discussed eight ways to address the risk factors associated with stroke; this week we cover the warning signs that someone is having a stroke. Knowing the signs of stroke is crucial, since speedy treatment is necessary to help reduce the damage that can be caused by a “brain attack.” Be aware of these typical stroke symptoms:
  1. Sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes
  2. Weakness or numbness on one side of the body, including the face
  3. Difficulty speaking
  4. Disorientation, confusion, or memory loss
  5. Dizziness, loss of balance, or loss of coordination
  6. Severe headache that comes on suddenly with no apparent cause
The American Stroke Association suggests that anyone can identify a stroke by checking for the signs of facial weakness, arm weakness, and speech problems. As a bystander, you can help to determine if someone is having a stroke by asking them to perform three simple actions:
  1. Ask the person to smile.
  2. Ask the person to raise both arms above his or her head.
  3. Ask the person to speak a simple sentence.
If the person has any problems completing these steps, call 911 immediately and describe these symptoms.
Congrats on the job Cat!
Quote:
Not only did I get a job, I got a choice of grades...1st or 2nd. I've never taught 2nd before, so I chose that one. whoopee!!!!!
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #234  
Onward and Downward

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post

Tell me about vinegar-water-soap and fruit flies.

Fruit Flies are AKA 'Vinegar-Flies' in many rural areas because they so love it and this is one of those 'cures' that really does work --

Take an empty (clean) jar -- preferably glass -- with a screw-on lid. Punch some little holes in the lid. Put about 1 tbsp of vinegar in the jar, add a couple of drops of liquid dish detergeant, and about 2 inches of water. Give it a shake and set in in the area (or areas) where you see the most flies.

I use cider vinegar because I tend to judge by the colour of the mixture if it's about the right strength -- no I do not give them the expensive Balsamic stuff -- they are attracted to the vinegar smell, crawl in through the little holes, get caught in the soap bubbles, and eventually drown. Amazing how many get caught in the course of a day. Shake it up once in a while to keep the soap bubbling. I change mine every morning since the bubbles are pretty much worn out after 24 hours.

Try it -- you'll like it. :
Old 07-30-2008, 04:05 PM   #235  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

Just stopping by this afternoon. I'm erratic - seems to be about everything.

It's breather time! I have a big meeting at work every Wednesday right after lunch so I work, work, work most of Tuesday and Wednesday for those. I'm taking just a minute to relax before I tackle the follow-up lists from today's meeting.

I've set myself a start date of August 1st, middle DDs 22nd BD, to really apply myself to the WW core plan and walking. I've been saying I'm on it but, truth be told, I've ignored it and put on pounds.

I had a great week-end babysitting my 15 month-old DGD but I'm still tired. I must get going on that exercise to give me more energy.

Nice to stop by and catch up on what's going on with everyone. See you again soon!
PampGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #236  
Isabella

Meowee, thanks for the fly trap recipe. I'll probably use that when we get the pesky little things around. I'd never heard of that before.

Today is our 30th wedding anniversary. We went out for dinner compliments of our DS#1 and wife. I believe I've eaten way too much but I don't care. Dinner was great but fattening and we bought a lemon pie to take home to celebrate with DS#2 who sat with mom so we could go out together. He also got the "doggy bag" we brought home. Some people take cruises or renew their vows or other involved activities but we went simple and had a few nice hours together eating and shopping.

We also got a wonderful anniversary gift this weekend--we're going to be grandparents in March!!! DS#1 and wife sprung the news to us this weekend just before we left to come home. So we're very happy about the new addition to our family. I even bought a couple of little shirts today when I was shopping. I guess this is a new era in my life.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 210/173/135

Height: 5'6''

'Evening Chickies

Wow Cat doing the happy for you and your new job, congrats !!

Meowee thanks for the good wishes of calm at work, I appreciate it. Your fruit fly trap was unique. I like it. I use a larger, zip lock bag (1 quart ) and put an overipe piece of banana or something else tasty inside the bag. I put all the other fruit in the frig overnight. By morning it is a fruit fly party and I sneak up on the bag, stealth-like of course, and zip the bag shut. I can usually wipe them out fairly quickly.

Isabella thanks for the support I have had good luck losing. Thanks for
noticing . But more importantly a double celebration for you and your DH on the 30th ....and a new grandchild coming Great news !!!

Pampgal, great idea for the August 1st start date. I did that too for June 1st and have found the accountability page so helpful.

Well time for my beauty sleep

Have a great Thursday Chickies .

Eileen
Cute n Curvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Just a quick note tonight.... Cat, Congrats on the new job. I just know you are going to love it and be fantastic at it!!

The people that looked at our house the other night made an even more ridiculous offer than the other one!! So back to the drawing board again!

I'll try to get caught up with everyone here in the next coujple days.

Welcome to all the new people!!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:38 PM   #239  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hi Girls!
Congratualations on your 30th wedding anniversary Isabella.
It's been years since we've gone to the county fair but we did today. They were testing water for free and we wanted our well water tested. We were there about 3 hours, I enjoyed walking thru all the old log cabin buildings, post office, shoe shop, horse shoeing, etc. They have the oldest log cabin in the county on display and what a primitive way to live. The school house had things in it that I remember, geeeze, how old am I? Remember the pull down maps and the pull down globe? They had a pot belly stove in it, thankfully we had a modern furnace in the basement of our school.
I posted the Golden Girls August thread for tomorrow then looked at the calendar and see we have 31 days in July. duh!
Meowee...thanks for the recipe for gnats and fruit flies, we have so much fruit from our trees and I can't leave anything out in bowls. I tend to eat more fruit if it's in plain site, I'll mix up a batch tomorrow. Maybe I'll put it in something pretty, why do you have to cover it?
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:09 AM   #240  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

BOBBI . . . really don't know if it would work without the lid -- try it -- I've just always done it with the holes in the lid. Maybe to keep them from getting out before they get down into the soap.

KAREN 31 . . . sorry to hear that the house deal went down the drain again. Hope the market picks up soon. Does your agent have any ideas about what it is that's holding things back so badly?

EILEEN . . . yes, they do love banana too -- I've never tried that because I'm not a banana eater but my SIL swears by that one. Mine are so bad, I might just go out and buy them a banana and add that method to the vinegar jar routine.

PAMP . . . I'll be looking forward to seeing you in the Accountability thread starting tomorrow.

ISABELLA . . . Wow . . . becoming a Grandmother is great. Who's more excited? You or your DIL?

Okay . . . I had a bit of a disaster this morning -- was setting up my August record-keeping in Excel and managed to lose all of July in the process. Must check my copy and paste routines a little better before I start revamping things.

Other than that, the morning is looking good -- sunny, but a bit cooler and drier than it has been of late. Sure hope that continues for a bit.

See you all later . . .