40-Something Chat Thread - Page 69 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #1021  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Rennie: Sounds like your husband may be right... this time! While it is nice to help others, it doesn't benefit YOUR family if you get sick. You need to have some down time.

Hard to believe it is Monday already. Oh well, here we go again! Have a good week, everyone!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #1022  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Diane, You have to remember that I only work 10-12 hours a week and all my children are in school full time. Meaning I would be a slacker if I didn't give to my community. You sound awfully busy yourself. How wonderful for your son to go undefeated. My DS team had a bad last tournament on Sat. DS was gone to the math comp and two other players were gone as well. They ended up with just 5 on the team 1 who hadn't played in this league at all. Just said he'd help out and 1 - 5th grader for the last man on a 7th grade team. He's a good little player, but he's lucky to go 4 ft 6 and they were playing in a much bigger arena this weekend. The coach is definitely why my son plays league ball. He's a terrific mentor. Old school, you receive what you work for. It's hard to find coaches and teachers with that attitude anymore.

Rennie, It's terrific to hear your attitude. "I feel proud and in control." That's an awesome statement. My husband ranted more than once on Fri about not doing more than one thing (volunteer) in a weekend. I was just so busy, but when I said I could do the things I did, I didn't know my children were going to have to go 130 miles away to take a test. I'm not one to back out of responsibility. Other parents in my groups do that all the time. It gets a little dicey and they just call and say, " I won't be able to do that after all." It knocks me for a loop every time and I refuse to be that kind of person. You did a very nice thing this weekend and it's over. Pat yourself on the back and have a Mt Dew. You deserve it.

It was 50* here yesterday, but I was too busy to get even a mile walk outside and of course this morning we have 22 mph winds and it rained and snowed in the night. My house looks like we opened every window and door and let the wind whip, so I will have plenty of cleaning to keep me busy. I just so wanted to walk in the sunshine now it's back to the TM. Yuck!! Yesterday was worth it though. Our little congregation had about 70 people stay for coffee hour yesterday. I took 98 cookies and 20 blueberry muffins and I came home with nothing!!! The free will offering goes to the youth group and it actually brought in $71!!! woo hoo. I good coffee hour is 30 bucks. So, I was really pleased. The youth sounded like many of them and their families will be able to help with Easter brkfst. Yeah!!! Well, enough about me. I hope you are all doing well and having a terrific Mon to start your week.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #1023  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning girls.

Happy Casimir Pulaski Day My kids are off school today for this holiday. I had never heard of it until we moved here. I think it's just here in Illinois. It's just the schools that are off. I think it's probably bigger up in Chicago.

I have so much cleaning to do around this house. I need to get organised.

Another new week to get motivated.

Rennie sounds like you have a great attitude at the moment and are in control. I know what you mean about the sleep deprivation some nights I feel I don't get any sleep.

Lovn you're always so busy. I need to exercise more.

Diane wierd weather here as well. It was 78 degrees here yesterday and it's to drop to the 30's today.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:25 PM   #1024  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Greetings and salutations all! Wanted to let you all know I sent a PM to Rainbow, haven't heard back yet. I wonder if she's out of town or something? Anyway, hope to bring her back soon. I miss her cheery disposition!

Lovn all I have to do is read your activities and I need a nap! Good golly. You go girl!

The stall in the restroom is still out of order. I'd be happy if they appeared to be working on it, looks like they must be waiting for a part or something. Of course, when they do come to work on it and close the whole restroom then we'll back to full scale fits!

Sitting outside while watching Ultimate Frisbee when you're allergic to grass is definitely not smart. All for the love of a niece. So while I'm sitting here sniffing and hacking JaneZoe, how are you doing? Any better yet?

I've been out of Illinois for a long time, what is a Casimir Pulaski day?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #1025  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

kappy
I just don't know how you do it. Restrooms within a quick walk should be necessary by law lol.

Clyde
I really can go two or three days at a time with only 2 to 4 hours sleep. Drives me crazy. I just don't want to take the meads they want me to take so I can sleep. I was on ambian for awhile here and there and was seeing the wood grains in the dinning room table moving lol. While that was a rare treat lol I just don't think you should see those thing happening lol.

Mom
She forgot the brownies. I was so angry. I had to call and apologies all over the place. They expected them there and I sure didn't want them to think I didn't bother to make them.

Slash
He is always worried I am going to get sick again lol. I said it isn't the kind of person they are, it is the kind of person I am. He looked at me and then said YES YOU ARE A MAT. Sighhhhhh
Old 03-03-2008, 09:19 PM   #1026  
One pound at a time.

Kappy Casimir Pulaski was a polish revolutionary war cavalry officer. It's celebrated mainly in Chicago which has a large polish population. It was just the schools down here that were off.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #1027  

S/C/G: 185.0/185/140lbs

Height: 5;4

Hi everyone. I'm 40 something, lol. 46 actually. Hope to join in.

KellyO
Old 03-04-2008, 12:16 AM   #1028  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Kelly
I am 46 too. That was a wonderful year when we were born wasn't it lol.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:19 AM   #1029  
One pound at a time.

Hi Kelly welcome.

Pop in and chat anything goes.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:48 AM   #1030  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi KellyO, This is a great group of girls. Welcome!!

Kappy, Oh the things we do for the love of a child. It sounds like your niece and nephew are really lucky to have you. Have you broke down and purchased depends yet?!?!?! ; )

Clyde, Hope you enjoyed your day with your children.

Rennie, It's terrific he cares so much, even if sometimes it feels like too much lol

The winter band concert was last night. All 3 bands sounded terrific. It's amazing the change in the beginner's band just since Chritsmas....My joy was cut a little short....My oldest was in the hall with a large group that got in trouble during the H.S. performance. They are to take a seat and listen to the others perform. It was almost the entire Junior High band that got in trouble, but what made me mad....when I talked with her about it at home she had the nerve to blame me and her dad, because we were sitting waaaaay over there. Please, don't play the blame game with me. #1 we sit in the same area for every concert #2 you're a big girl, find your own seat, shut your trap and listen....she had just gotten a new cd in the mail yesterday that I, who sits way over there had paid for, it's no longer in her back pack to show off at school. She can waite a day or two to be all cool and what's happenin'. Well I must work today, but hoping to walk 5 miles as I'm behind on my March challenge already!!!
have a great Tues....it's The Biggest Loser night woo hoo!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #1031  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick note. I have a phys therapy appt this morning, so I need to get out of here early.
Welcome to Kelly!! Just start posting and tell us anything!! We love to hear it all.
Better go!
Old 03-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #1032  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I can't wait for TBL tonight! My husband acts all put out that he has to sit through it, but I know he's really interested. LOL
Old 03-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #1033  
One pound at a time.

Snow day.

My youngest has cabin fever and needs to get back to school.

Biggest Loser tonight and looks like they are playing as individuals now. Should be interesting.

Well I think I'm going to make some soup it's that sort of day. Let's go and see what I have.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #1034  

Hi, I thought I would give this a try, I need a little support on my weight loss journey. Hubby & kiddos all thin and can eat anything they want! grrrrrrr, so they have no idea how Mom feels.
I have battled the buldge all my life and on occasion thought I had won...just to find myself a year later back in my "fat" jeans eating my wonderful homemade treats!
I am trying this time to find a style of eating and living that I can be comfortable with the rest of my life, no more Crash diets, hoping that healthy eating with occasional sweet treats will work.
I look forward to meeting y'all and picking your brains for ideas!

Last edited by The Look 039; 03-04-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #1035  
One pound at a time.

Hi Look and welcome. You will get lots of support on here.

I made lentil soup. It warmed me to my bones
Closed Thread