Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:29 PM   #1201  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydegirl View Post

Did anyone turn their lights off at 8 pm?
We turned lights, tv, radio etc all off at 8:00 p.m. In fact when I looked out the window our whole street was in darkness. It was pretty cool and it was lovely sitting in our living room having a glass of wine to candlelight. We turned everything back on at around 9:30. Apparently Canada, in particular Ontario has the most communities that have shut down in the world.

Chris

PS Will write back when I have a bit more time. Right now it's off to bed.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:33 AM   #1202  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Thank you everyone for your concern. The puncture is healing just fine. My sore throat is some better today. For that I'm really grateful because, we're off to the races!! It's our annual CUb Scout Pinewood Derby today. It's personally my least favorite scouting activity. My boys have always done well. Placing 1st or second in their division and my youngest son's car won the overall in the pack last year too. So, my problem isn't that we're no good at it. My problem is that it's the one time each year that you take close knit little boys and make them compete against each other. The rest of the year you work on bonding, trusting, co-operation skills, but today is every man for himself. It just seems wrong somehow. DS painted his car black with a red stripe. Since a spray paint can is hard for little hands to work some of his black bled under the masking tape onto his red stripe. Hmmm, how to fix? We had a child's arm wrap tatoo in the junk drawer. We centered it on his stripe and he held the wet rag and woo hoo, 1 spray of clear gloss later it doesn't look too bad. There will be others that are really done to the nines, but he'll know he made it himself. So, wish him luck and pray he has grace if he loses.
Have a great Sunday all.
Official weigh in 2 days away. Will I lose this month or not again? That is the question. Eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk!!
Old 03-30-2008, 11:13 AM   #1203  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/255.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Lovn: Glad you are doing ok with that dog bite. If you know who the owner is, you should tell them about it. Not so much to cause a problem, but what if that dog bit a kid?? We live out in the country and it just irritates me when people let their dogs run free. We have dogs, too, but they stay in their pen when we aren't out with them. Besides the fact that we don't want our dogs bothering other people, there are way too many that wander out on the road and get hurt or killed. There... that's my view on that...

Jane: Sorry you have had so much going on with your health. Glad you can keep your spirits up! I'm sure it helps having a little flirtation going on, too! That's always fun!

Tri: Welcome! I hope we get to hear more from you soon! We're all doing our own thing, but ready to support at any time!

Clyde: Too bad about the baseball. These early games are iffy sometimes with the weather! Hopefully they'll get it going! More importantly, though, I hope everything is ok with you. Stress and worry are never good for you. If there's anything we can do to help, let us all know. Hang in there and try to relax. I know when there is crisis, that's hard to do, but try to stay healthy!

Chris: Good to see you again!

My daughter went to a sleepover last night. The naughty little girl called her brother at 3:00 in the morning. I will have a talk with her that a cell phone is not to be used for that. I was reluctant to get them phones in the first place, so she needs to be careful, or they will go away!!! What that tells me, though, is that she'll be a bundle of joy today. No sleep causes crabbiness. I will be recommending a nap.

My husband had to work yesterday, so I took my son to get his baseball stuff all lined out. He just has to grow out of everything... I hate helping him pick out a cup, though. How do I know what size to get? That is just something I don't want to know! But, we made it through!

Have a good Sunday everyone!
Old 03-30-2008, 01:36 PM   #1204  

Thank you, both Clydegirl and Shymoment. Well, I weighed myself this morning, and weighed 169! Woo-hoo! Even if it water weight, I am still really encouraged. Although I am in phase 1 of South Beach, I am allowing myself a little fruit, if I crave it. But no bread, no pasta, no rice, at this point. It seems to me that when a carb craving hits, a cup of strawberries or a banana will do a lot less damage than a donut or a handful of cookies! Thoughts, anyone? Have a great Sunday!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:57 PM   #1205  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Diane I had to laugh when you said about helping your son pick out a cup. Glad you got through it.

TRim no idea about South Beach either. I'm sure the fruit is a better choice than cookies.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:21 AM   #1206  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Diane, I did talk with the owner and of course he felt terrible. It's a family owned farm so rarely is someone not at home and they've said they will call her in from now on when they hear her bark. I don't know how long that will last. I did, accidently, I get some insite into why the dog may be more aggresive than the family thought. At scouts yesterday I told a friend about the incident and she shared that just a short while ago she had actually clipped the same dog with her car!!! She said there was a cat on the opposite side of the road and at the last second the dog went for it and ran into her car. A head injury can surely change a dog's personality.......I think your shopping for a cup is hysterical as well. I wouldn't have much trouble. My son is an odd one. He grew so quickly and changed so much last summer that he asked me about so many things "to make sure it was normal." Of course everything was and I was glad he felt comfortable asking. Well, maybe not comfortable but brave enough. You did great mom. He knows he can depend on you.

Tri, Great job on the loss. I have no South beach knowledge either, but there are threads here at 3FC devoted to it. Maybe you could find some help there. I have to agree with you and Clyde, fruit is always a better choice than cookies!!

Clyde, They say rain and snow are heading here. I doubt my Brewers will be playing either.

My derby went well. DS took 2nd place. He was mildly dissapointed, but shook his apponents hand and shed not one tear. So, all was good!

I've been thinking of starting a new 40's chat thread where we could all write up a little bio and start fresh. There are a number of us that have gotten to know each other well and I so enjoy chatting with you, but 81 pgs. is a lot for a newbie to sort through. Diane, Clyde, Kappy, Rennie, JaneZoe, Chris, Ward etc....would you follow me and write up a short bio. Just a thought.

Have a great day ladies!

That sounds a little Junior Highish doesn't it? "If I have a party will you come?" Geesh!

Last edited by lovnmom; 03-31-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:24 AM   #1207  
One pound at a time.

Lovn I'm surprised we haven't been shut down already due to the ammount of replies. I will follow you
Old 03-31-2008, 12:48 PM   #1208  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/255.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Lovn: I'll go with you, too. We could close out the old one with a final message of where we went to. Sounds like a good plan.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:45 PM   #1209  
One pound at a time.

Lovn a lot of the support groups start a new thread each month. Maybe we could do that.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #1210  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

Lovn, for sure start a new thread. One of the things I find difficult on this thread is that I don't really know anything about anyone. It's hard being a new person because we don't know the history or "bios" of anyone. And, to start at page 1 is pretty impossible. I think that would help a lot with all the new people and the idea of a monthly thread is good.

By the way ... down another pound. 8 lost -- 10 to go.

Chris
Old 03-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #1211  

S/C/G: 259/227/160

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone,

I am trying to catch up with everything since I got back from spring break. We were gone for 14 days in sunny Florida then we came back to cold and rain but at least we missed the last 13 inches of snow while we were gone!!!!!!!!!!!! I am ready for spring.

I also had to laugh at the cup thing because I have two daughters and then I had a son and that has been just funny because I am not sure about that stuff - it is so natural with the girls - I just found that the more I can get to his level the better - never thought I would try to think like a 6th grade boy

If you start a new thread that would be great - this one is very long. I am not very good at finding where I was yet but I am getting better.

It was very hard on vacation sticking with eating healthy so I must admit I am going to work hard this week to get back to where I was.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:07 PM   #1212  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

4mykids
Hope you had a great time

Chris
Nice going on the weight loss.

Trimom
Glad to see things are working for you. A piece of fruit is always a better choice than a cookie even if the piece of fruit isn't always the first thing that comes to mind. You give it time. The fruit will be the first thing you think of.

lovn
What ever you think is best is fine by me. Sure glad that bite didn't turn out bad. Hope you feel back to normal soon.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:08 PM   #1213  
it's always something

Time for a new one
Closed Thread