Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 07:55 AM   #871  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I haven't been able to find the passport thread, either.

Kappy, I was LOL at your description of the bra. I have compared getting my sports bra off to giving birth all over again.

lovn - I hope your dinner with your Mom goes well. I'll be thinking of you.

I have my in-laws coming for a week's visit. It's going to be very hard to stay on my plan because I will be cooking big meals for them every day. I also tend to do a lot of stress/anger eating when they are around. The good news is that I will be practically living at the gym for a week!

My son's 4th birthday is on Saturday so there will be cake and pizza (Chuck E. Cheese). They will be gone next Tuesday, so I'll just need to jump right back in on Wed. I really wanted to be under 150 this week, but I have gone back up a little. Apparently just thinking about going off plan makes me pick up weight. Ah, well, life goes on.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #872  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Just a quick post today. I'm running a little late.
Went out to the park last night with the kids to work on volleyball and shoot some hoops. It was a very nice day yesterday, so it wasn't too bad at night. You have to bundle up, but it was fun getting out with my two kids. I know they like it too. I hope it stays like this for awhile!

Have a great day!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:09 AM   #873  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

good morning everyone
the passport of friendship thread is under support groups / 300+ / Passport of friendship. Not many responses. I don't know why. still....its cool for me...and helps me....so far...36 pics of friends in my passport.

I hope everyone has a splendid day
hugs
rainbowsmiles
Old 02-12-2008, 01:49 PM   #874  

Height: 5'7"

Its freezing rain here in KY. Im stuck inside and on the hungry side. I weighed this morning and even though I have been right on target with my calories and exercise I have gained a little. Its about TOM so i hope its water weight. I loved the way losing 14lbs so far had looked on the scales and felt on me.
Im tired of crazy weather here in KY. Last tuesday it hit 70 with thunderstorm and now we have inches of sleet and freezing rain.
Cant wait till spring..........
debi
Old 02-12-2008, 02:12 PM   #875  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi Debi I hear you about the crazy weather.

Lovn I just made the banana oatmeal bread. I made a small loaf and 12 muffins. They're in the oven I'll let you know what I think.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #876  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Greetings and salutations!

Renee, been there! Still trying to climb back out of that same employment hole. A bad job can really, really do a number on your self-esteem, self-confidence, sanity and figure. It's a long, hard battle back and it sure doesn't seem to take much to knock me down a dozen steps or so.

WardHog, don't let the IL's get to you. Easy to say, hard to do. It's just a visit, this too shall pass, and you'll be free and back to normal. Do a mental countdown whenever things get too stressed, or come up with some kind of signal/phrase you and DH can use so he can distract and you can disappear for a few minutes. Whatever it takes! My SIL makes bread. The kind you have to knead and let rise, etc. Timed excuses to break away and stress relief while totally overworking the dough! She splits her batch, one for consumption and one for beating up/aggression. Works for her!

Rainbow, I admire your passport, I really do. But I do not have a photo of myself I'm willing to put out in public. Maybe in awhile, not now. I'm not even thrilled with the one on my work badge! Other than that, how has life been post weekend? Sounded like that one would be a bit difficult to top!

Had to give up on the exercise bra today, TOM is visiting. I ached for literally an hour after I finally managed to wrestle my way out of it yesterday. Not sure if it was due to TOM or some contortion invoked to get out of the stupid thing, but whichever. Not doing that again today for anything!

Advice please from those who have walked these tracks: 16 year old boy. The hockey nut who got hurt and removed from his team. Seems that darlin' little wounded pup has been manipulating us. He's not up for this activity, he doesn't want to do that, he's emotionally upset yada yada yada. That little **** ducked out a weekend with his sister at college, said he didn't want to run into any former team mates at the airport, because of the time frame, buses, etc. he'd get there and have to turn around and come back, he wouldn't be good company, he had a thousand reasons all related to the mental after effects of the season from ****. Turns out his highness apparently has a girlfriend we didn't know about until last night and has made plans with her for the weekend. I don't mind the girlfriend, and to be honest I'm not sure a 30 hour visit is a whole lot of fun either. I do mind the manipulation. Suggestions? Ideas? Extra baseball bats I can borrow???
Old 02-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #877  
nearly indestructible

S/C/G: 241/117/160

Height: 5'9

Hiya, chicas! It's gorgeous here and sunny even though it started off gray and chilly.

My trainer seems a little too obsessed with strengthening my core muscles. I know I have 2 herniated discs in my lower back, but dude.... there AREN'T any muscles right now in my core.

I want to first focus on my legs, strength and balance. I can barely walk up the stairs. He had me doing these leg lift thingies and it hurt just to lay on the floor. He said he was just seeing what I was capable of. Uh... high kicking you in the face? LOL. He really is very nice, but I am way way out of shape.

I hope this day finds you well. I'm off to help unpack groceries!

JZ
Old 02-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #878  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Jane
You are going to have to take it slow and find things you can do. Next time he says does this hurt give him a chop and say does that hurt lol.

Renee
Oh another Renay here lol. Girl you have been through a lot. You are stronger, wiser and a bit older now. You take control, you do what is right for you. Not being treated right is hard on anyone. Rather it be from work or someone who was suppose to love us. We are here to give all the support we can. You are not the same person you were when you lost and gained the weight back. You are a new person. You can do it and you know it. Keep a smile and say to yourself. I am important and I deserve to be happy.

Kappy
Didn't you know that is an exercise. Getting in and out of those sports bras lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 04-15-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #879  
One pound at a time.

Kappy 16 year olds I have one of them. Mind you she's a girl

I would say that you want to meet her. I don't mind when all of DD's friends come over as it's always good to see how they behave when they are in your house. If K walks in with a friend I haven't met before I make a point of introducing myself and talking to them.

Tell him you want to know where he is when he goes out and he needs a curfew.

Hope that helps. No more manipulation you need to know what he's doing.

Meant to say I'm enjoying the bread and muffins.

Last edited by Clydegirl; 02-12-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:24 PM   #880  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

kappy....try to remember what it is like to be 16...ask yourself...what would YOU expect from your parents....and then what would you LIKE for your parents to do....has he been a responsible kid all along? I raised 3 sons and then 1 daughter (the baby) and they always knew MY expectations and always seemed to rise to them...I was pretty liberal....I figured I could trust them until proven differently...they never once let me down. Did they do things I probably don't know about? Didn't I! Did they do things I wish they didn't? Didn't I! Keep it into perspective. I remember one time telling their dad...don't be so naive that you think they are NOT doing what YOU were doing at the same age! Kids will be kids. God Bless.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #881  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Kappy, I don't have a lot of advice on the 16 year old. I'm not quite there yet. But I think you have to set some boundaries with him, which you probably already have but need to remind him of them. I would definitely talk to him and be honest about how disappointed you are with the deception. While I think it is fine to have a girlfriend, I think you need to meet her and get to know her. The biggest influence on our kids are their friends and I think we need to know as much as we can about them. He's growing up, but he's not an adult, and he still needs a lot of guidance.

Jane: Ouch! Hope you get to feeling stronger soon. I guess it will just take some time to build up your strength. Hang in there!

Not much to talk about here. I guess that's good! No big dramas right now for me. The weather has taken a turn for the good, so walking is on during my lunch hour. Feels good to get some fresh air!

Have a great day!
Old 02-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #882  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Wardhog, Try to enjoy the visit as much as you can. I'll be sending happy vibes your way. Thanks for thinking of me. My mom and I have huge issues, but I try to do what's right. Forgive and move on. Some days are easier than others.

Debi, Bad weather here as well. We broke the recorded amount of snow in a season on Mon. We're predicted to get another 6-8 inches (of snow) tonight. Geesh. Hang in there. We'll be doing the happy spring dance soon. I think?!?!

JZ, I'm feeling ya girl. I don't have a trainer pushing me, but I went back to some strength training myself. Me tummy says, " noooooo there aren't any muscles here, you can't make me do this, " they actually rebel for days. I hope it gets easier for you. It will. At least you like your trainer.

Clyde, Glad your'e enjoying the bread. I made a low fat low sugar version of brownies yesterday. 3 out of 4 children ate them no complaints. The youngest thinks they need chocolate chips or at least frosting lol He's 8 and a little skinny minny I can probably put a little Betty Crocker on top for him.

Susan, you did things you weren't suppose to when you were 16? I never....ha LMAO at that whopper!!! You have a good day wonderful lady.

Rennie, You've had lots of nice comments for all of us, but what's going on with you? Hope everything is just peachy!

Diane, sounds like you had a nice time with the kids.

My weights up today. Pretty sure it's from TOM. Should be here any day now. Planning more pilates today. I want to cry just thinking about it. All that rolling in a ball, rock forward, don't let your toes touch, hold it, balance, blahhhh. My neck, back and tummy all hurt for days after. The neck and back probably because I use terrible form. The tummy because uh I have no muscle there. I'm 43, why do I do this to myself? Oh, yeah, 'cause when I'm 83 I want to walk straight with no hump in my back.

Have a great Wed. everyone!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #883  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

lovn
Same old same old here lol. Nothing to report. I clean house, I cook, I do laundry, I exercise and I eat. That is about it lol. I have dwarf hamsters over running my house, the cat has taken over, the dog keeps tripping me and the kids are going to drive me insane. Yes, I know it is only a short putt lol.

I am tired of the cold because I want to go walk the parks and my lungs just can not take the cold. I am starting to feel like I live in a little box.

My daughter has decided I have lost enough weight and wants to feed me everything in the world and gets mad when I won't eat it. ( Wonder if this has something to do with she should weigh between 120 and 126 at her build and she is up to 136 down from 146 and I should weigh about 112 to 122 and I am 152 down from 198 lol ). I feel better now lol.

I love the Leslie Sansone you can do Pilate's ( I have seen other Pilate's videos, I would need an ambulance in attendance to do them ). Hey what do you mean you are 43. I am 46 and love the moves. You DO have to make sure you use good form and keep the core strong. It does take time to strengthen up that neck so you can engage the core and it not hurt the neck.

I am doing great. Just day to day life is all that is going on. I miss being Miss Marple ( lol ) but it is just to darn cold out to sit on the porch with binoculars and ( bird watch ) lol.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:23 PM   #884  
One pound at a time.

Default How did I do that!

I was rushing this morning , went and got gas before my physio appt and realised I had locked my keys in the ignition!!

I went inside and told the cashier who let me use her phone to call hubs. People kept pulling up behind me waiting for me to come out and move. I waited 25 minutes and missed my appt. Hubs had a giggle when he arrived.

So that flustered me and I feel like I've been losing my mind all day, forgeting things.

Stay sane.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:44 PM   #885  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

JaneZoe, how be you today? Better? I don't know what it is with trainers, I swear sometimes when you tell them you can't or you shouldn't they only hear the part that comes afterwards! That said, a stronger core will help in so many areas. Do what you can, your body will improve and things will be better!

Clyde, been there, done that! Don't you hate it when you do something like that? You were thinking of other things, you got distracted, life happens. In a few days even you might find something funny about it. Let it go, take deep breaths, you'll be back to yourself in no time!

All -- I have to tell you, with my Mom as a GS leader and Dad as a BS leader, two brothers and a younger sister there was no way in heck I was getting away with ANYTHING until I left for college. They knew if I took a different route home from school, had lunch with different people, they could have worked for the blessed FBI with their contacts! My nephew, god bless him, has a mother who has been classified as a pathological liar. He's grown up witnessing her tricks and techniques. His father (my brother) is about as absent a parent as is humanly possible. It takes about half a second to completely pull the wool over his eyes and unfortunately (long story) we don't exactly discourage it. All I can hope for is we raised him more than either of those two dummies did, and if we could and did expose her sorry butt we sure as heck are going to call him on it whenever we catch it and he knows it. So it's time to dust off some of Mom's contacts, time to do some work drop bys and do whatever to remind him he is still a minor and does still have to follow those annoying family rules whether he likes them or not! He is not yet 19 like his sister, he is still subject to being ordered about. Time to remind him that rules mean you do care and are paying attention!
Closed Thread