40-Something Chat Thread - Page 76 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 01:51 AM   #1126  

S/C/G: 170/155/120

Height: 5' 5''

Smile I am first timer to this thread

I am thrilled to find a support and chat thread for the 40's group. I am hoping to make some new friends along my weight loss journey and relate to what you are all experiencing in yours. I recently turned 40 and had hoped to reach my goal weight before my birthday, but did not succeed. I still need to lose 30 lbs. I am a stay-at-home mom of 4 boys. My house is always filled with all the junk foods kids love to eat...Mom too! I admit that I am a bit nervous for the challenges ahead, but even more excited about the successes to come also. I look forward to meeting some you and hope we can cheer each other on along the way. Good luck to everyone!

Dena

Last edited by ddohoke; 03-17-2008 at 01:57 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:18 AM   #1127  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Dena! Glad to meet you! Wow, 4 boys, that's a housefull!

Clyde: Congrats on the Poms! I'll bet your daughter was thrilled.

We had a successful weekend with the hunter safety course. Both of my kids passed and have their card now. The good thing is that they never have to take the class again! The bad thing is that my whole weekend was shot and I got nothing done that I wanted to do. I knew it would be like that, so I didn't hold out much hope of getting stuff done. Onward to Monday.

Have a good week!
Old 03-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #1128  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Dena - Welcome! I'm pretty new here too and hoping to hit my goal by my 45th birthday in June.

Clyde!! Awesome!

I did ok over the weekend food wise - that is the biggest challenge for me - went for a long walk yesterday did hard core fusion on Sat as exercise + cleaning the house.

Last night ate a bit more than i'd have liked to - but will put the nose to the grindstone today.

Off to get some exercise then work.. interesting announcement - company i work for just sold a huge chunk of itself..
Old 03-17-2008, 10:17 AM   #1129  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning girls. Happy St Patrick's Day

Welcome Debbie and Dena The more the merrier.

We're a bit more rested this morning. I need to really watch my eating the rest of the week as we ate out all weekend.

Poms are over now on to softball.

Lots of rain on the way. Where's my brolly?
Old 03-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #1130  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Ward, Great job on the 6 mile run. That's awesome.

Clyde, Congrats to the girls!! Tell me what a brolly is and I'll be better equipt to help you find it?!?!?! lol

Diane, Congrats to your children as well.

Welcome, Dena. Looks like you're doing really well working towards goal. Keep up the good work.

Me, I'm tired and feel like I have way too much to get done today than is possible. Feeling whiny so I'm not going to spend much time here. I'll be back when I'm in a better mood. Hope you all have a great Monday!
Old 03-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #1131  

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. I am ready to start losing again.
Let's do it!
Old 03-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #1132  
One pound at a time.

Lovn a brolly is an umbrella
Old 03-17-2008, 01:28 PM   #1133  

OMG! I woke up this morning and stepped on the scale...it was up another 5 lbs. I am so angry at myself. I worked so hard last year to lose 30 lbs and now I have gained half of it back. To make matters worse, I still feel a lack of confidence to reach my goal. Oh, how I need help! Now, I need to lose 35 lbs.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #1134  
One pound at a time.

Dena don't think about how much you have to lose. You're in the right place for lots of support. Take it a pound at a time.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #1135  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

ddohoke, There's no time for bashing yourself. You have lost before. You can lose again. What kind of program are you working?When you lost last year did you limit yourself in such a way that felt really deprived? For me small changes in my diet and adding more exercise has been the key to losing and keeping the weight off. Today I did my FIL a favor and he treated me to corned beef and cabbage from a local resaurant. I ate everything and enjoyed it, but I know supper will have to be tiny and lots of water and a good walk will be needed to get rid of the salt. That I can do, but I wouldn't want to tell myself that I couldn't have it. Hang in there. The magic pill doesn't exist, but I believe everyone has a way that will work for them we just need to search until we find what works for us. Don't throw in the towel. Being a SAHM isn't the relaxing day many think it is. Stress can get pretty high. Talk when you need to. Ummm, even cry if you have to. It doesn't make you a bad mom. If I overstepped. I apologize. I'm a STAHM that cried more than once before mine were all in school.

A brolly, I like that

It's snowing here. What the heck?????
Old 03-17-2008, 04:11 PM   #1136  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

lovn
I cried a few times, screamed into a pillow a few times. Wanted to jump off the roof and run away. It is all part of being a good mother lol.

ddoh
Please don't give up. Most have been where you are. Take a look at what you have been eating. It is real easy, if you don't keep track. For a little more of this or a lot more of that to be eating and not realize it. For some people sodium really does make a difference. Fit day is a great site to keep track of that kind of thing. Are you getting enough exercise in. That really helps speed up the metabolism. Sometimes it is just little things that make a huge difference. Keep with it. Don't get to down on yourself. What happen yesterday you can't change. TODAY is when you make changes that will last a life time.

Silly
Nice going on your eating this weekend. I know that can be a tough time. See, you are strong and you are in control.

Slash
Nice to hear the kids did good. Today is Monday, a brand new week lays before us. Lets do something good with it.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #1137  

Clydegirl - You're so right. I know I need to focus on 1 pound at a time. It's just so hard.

lovnmom - I'm not on any type of program. Last year I was feeling a bit depressed and didn't really focus so much on food. I also exercised more and drank a ton of water, both of which I haven't been doing lately. I agree totally that being a SAHM can be stressful at times. All the junk food that the boys like to eat is too tempting also.

Shy Moment - Thanks for the words of encouragement. I do admit that I have eaten all the wrong foods and too much of them. The exercise has been void too. It's just so hard for me to get back on track and say "no" to all the junk.

Dena
Old 03-17-2008, 09:06 PM   #1138  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Dena
We all take baby steps. No we don't get anywhere very fast but have you ever noticed how fast a baby can get into things. Faster than you think they could lol. We will get where we want to be but we have to make the journey something we can live with. Don't be to hard on yourself and don't try to get rid of ALL of anything. This isn't about doing without. This is about eating right and still getting to have the things we love that aren't all that great for us.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #1139  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'4"

ddoh - hang in there - I'm in the same place with you - or was about 5 weeks ago - take it one day at a time - I started adding exercise - then started controling what was uncontrollable night time pig outs.

Hang in there - and you can do this- you've done it before you can again - and this time we'll figure out how to not let ourselves get so out of control for so long again - if you're like me the last part of last year was a tough one and we let things slide a bit but we CAN do this!
Old 03-18-2008, 10:17 AM   #1140  
One pound at a time.

Diane

Opening day March 31st.

Cards vs Rockies. Who's your money on

Last edited by Clydegirl; 03-18-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Closed Thread