40-Something Chat Thread - Page 74 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 05:01 PM   #1096  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

popping in to say Hey. The site was so slow yesterday I didn't even bother to post much. It would take 2 to 3 min to get screen to screen.

Clyde
I am sorry it is DOT time. sighhhh have been having mine for going on two weeks now. Have no idea how I lost any weight. I feel as bloated as a beached whale these days.

Ward
Glad to hear the flu is finally gone.

My daughter isn't going to live long. Will invite everyone to the funeral. Oh the attitude lol. I know it is normal but it is also normal for me to want to punch that kid in the face some days lol. She is on spring break next week. I told her don't even think you are going to schedule hours at work all week because YOU are going to help with spring cleaning. I then called her boss who told me she was told my daughter could work all the hours she could get and I told her " I don't think so ". She laughed and said no problem give me the hours she can work and that is what I will schedule her. My poor poor daughter. So picked on, so unloved. My daughter told my son ( who hasn't been able to find a job ) that he doesn't know what the real world is like. She goes to school and goes to work and does all her chores. WHAT world does this child live in. I told her she needed to talk to a REAL woman that goes to work 8 to 10 hours a day. Goes to school nights takes care of a couple of kids and keeps a clean hours THEN AND ONLY THEN would she know what the real world is like. Heck yes, she goes to school and yes she generally works 25 hours a week. You can't even get into her room because everything is everywhere lol. She has been grounded so far for 3 weeks because until she does all her chores everyday she doesn't have time to do anything else. I was suppose to sign her up for tennis lessons this week. NOPE not doing it. I got her hear her cry about how she won't make the tennis team this year without them. Oh well to bad and she has made the tennis team each year so far without private lessons. No time for tennis lessons when you can't do your chores properly each and every day.

lovn
Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Slash
Sometimes the best way to be a good parent is not to put up with them.

Jane
I know when I went through chemo it make everything crazy. I couldn't sleep and it took forever to get back to a normal sleeping pattern. I didn't feel well. I am glad I didn't even think of looking on the Internet for answers. I swear what you find is doom and gloom. Try to eat right, try to exercise and try to remember each and every day when you wake up. Just waking up is half the battle. A trainer should be tough BUT they should be supportive. Maybe it is time for a change.

silly
that isn't enough for breakfast or lunch. Keep in mind we eat to lose weight. The body needs food. It craves the required amounts of those four basic food groups. You don't eat enough, the tummy thinks the throat was slit and it wants to store every single morsel it gets into fat because it is afraid it isn't going to get anymore. There could be so many things that can cause a gain. Gaining muscle can cause that. Maybe high sodium can cause water gain? Maybe hormones? So many things. Don't give up. Look and see what you have been taking in. You might find some answers. If not, give it time. Weight does fluctuate.

Kappy
I love to do that sort of thing. Not only gives me something to do late at night when I can't sleep. It so fills me with a sense of accomplishment. Quits are something that can last for generations.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:59 AM   #1097  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Clyde, I got time for a little TBL talk. I didn't care for either pink player in the first few shows, but now I'm all, "go Ally, go Ally." With the numbers she pulled again this week she has a definite shot at being the first female biggest loser. I'm so tired of all the whining from the other ladies. Their admitting they are eating to relieve stress etc. I'm thinking my gosh, it's a huge ranch walk those trails and just keep to yourself. Your only worry and or responsibility is losing weight! How stressful can it be? We're all trying to lose while doing everything else and so did Ally. I know Brittany was a lot of people's favorite, but never mine. Too young and too self centered yet for my taste. One of her huge motivations is to look better than her mom!?!?! My mom has always been thinner than me. I know it can be difficult, but if that's your goal, well let's just say I think (IMO) it has to be about something bigger. There, I've purged. I hope you're feeling much better today. My monthly came on Mon. , but for a change it just kind of snuck in for a visit, not much discomfort this month. Sorry you equaled the world out for me.

Rennie, I think going to school full time, working 25 hours a week and being a productive member on a team is pretty much the real world for a young person. That probably explains why I'm such an underachiever when it comes to housework lol Is that an extra dancing smiley I see? Great job at dropping another 5 pounds. YGG!!!

Me? Family is on the mend. Pseudofedrin and ibuprofin is seeing us through. The temp hit 37* yesterday and is suppose to climb to 45* today. That sure is welcome. I'm heading up an Easter morning brkfst for the youth group at church. We'll be serving between the services. I have everything purchased or ordered and my workers all scheduled. It's looking good on paper anyway. I'll be hosting dinner at my home for my family and my husband's as well. I've accomplished almost all my spring cleaning for that so I'm feeling pretty good. As long as we can all stay healthy it should be a wonderful Holy Week. Today, I'm working a couple hours, hoping to walk with a friend, cleaning my bedroom, (a few boxes of "what the heck do I do with this," have ended up in my room) taking DD to dance, and shopping a bit. That should keep me busy enough to keep me out of the brownies!!!!
Have a terrific day ladies.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:47 AM   #1098  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Boy, what is it with daughters lately?? Ha! At least I'm not alone. Mine was actually fairly pleasant last night. She still needs to get her room clean today, but at least I didn't have to kill her... yet! I have to laugh at the "real world" comment, though. I remember thinking I had a lot of stress when I was in high school. I was wrong. Those were the easy days!

Back to TBL, I have to agree that Jillian was way off base on that. I had to laugh at the look on Bob's face. That was priceless. My husband said the same thing about the women. He said that they were so wrapped up in feeling sorry for themselves and thinking that they can't win that they couldn't see the places they could walk to get away from it all. Why not go swim in that beautiful pool? Go work out some more if you think you need help. Have you not learned anything by being at the ranch????? You're consoling yourself with food???? Whatever!!! I never liked Brittany either, so I hope she is the one to go. While I would like to see a woman as the winner, I don't think that Ally can maintain the big weight loss. She's already lost so much. My favorite is Dan. He cracks me up.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #1099  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I just watched TBL last night. I won't be hurt to see Maggie or Brittany go - they have been obnoxious for the past few weeks. I agree that Ally and Mark don't have that much more weight to lose, so I am not sure they will make it to the finals. I was glad to see Dan beat Mark in the challenge. He has really stepped it up. I could not believe Jillian - I am glad she's going to bat for her team, but I lost some respect for her. It was completely unprofessional of her to lose it like that.

But what's with not telling us who got eliminated? So not cool!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #1100  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Well, Rennie, my normally responsible, good head on her shoulders niece came up with a facinating idea yesterday. She's at college, living in a dorm. Going to be in a dorm next year too. She's decided she wants a pet duck. While in the dorm. They make diapers for them! It can go to frisbee practice with her for some fresh air. They clip the wings and make leashes for it, so no problem, right? OMG, her brain has leaked out somewhere! Must be something in the air.

They made a huge organizational announcement last week at the office. The instructions for my group for now is keep our heads down, keep doing what we were doing and wait for the next announcement. There is nothing worse than going to work to do "busy work" indefinitely. Seems to be feast or famine, I'm either drowning in work or bored out of my mind. I guess the best way to look at it is "this too shall pass!"

Hang in there JaneZoe, you will get better and things will stablize. It's ok to be angry or upset about the changes and turmoil, get it out of your system. Keep the faith and hold a good thought, keep taking baby steps. We're here for you.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #1101  

S/C/G: 259/227/160

Height: 5'4

Default Hello everyone - I am new

Hello, I am excited to find this group. I was reading through some and had to laugh especially about the daughter stuff. I also have two daughters and a son and I always remember the sign my dad had in his office (he also had 2 daughters) and it was this "By the time you can stand living with your daughters they are living with someone else" So I am thinking I may have given him some grief along the way that someone bought that for him or I could blame it on my sister!!

Anyway, I look forward to talking with all of you on this forum. Have a great rest of the day.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #1102  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi girls.

Welcome 4mykids. We talk about anything on here.

I'm in a better frame of mind today, well at the moment That can change at any time.

Kappy I'm surprised they let them have ducks in the dorm! Can you imagine listening to that quack My oldest is moving off campus at the end of term which I'm happy about. She needs to be in an apartment and away from home. Last summer was challenging when she was home. Once they get their independence it's hard to adjust being back home. It's also much cheaper than living on campus which I like.

Anyways my weigh in and I'm down 1.5lbs this week.

We're going to state tomorrrow for the poms We're staying in a hotel 2 nights so will need to watch my eating.

Enjoy the day.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #1103  
Rennie

kappy
We have a pet duck. It is SUPPOSE to stay outside. Drives me nuts when I go to get a bath and the darn thing is swimming around lol.

lovn
Problem I am seeing is. She plays on the tennis team and doesn't get her chores done like she should. She started working and same thing has happened. Something had to give and it was my patience. She is a child she is not an adult but even a child has to take care of responsibilities even if that means a 2 year old picks up their own toys or a 17 year old feeds her own animals and cleans her own room. I told her, if she thought keeping her room clean was too much work with all she had to do. I would do like I did when she was first born. I would put her bed in my room and I would keep the room clean for both of us.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 03-13-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:30 PM   #1104  

Rennie, and DD doesn't want to bunk with mommy anymore!? That is hillarious. My daughter's almost been too good lately. Makes me wonder what she wants lol She's still not real responsible about her room, but she does it when I say, "get it done." She's just been so responsible about helping at church and things like that. Last night I had choir practice and DS was suppose to help his little brother with school work, but DD did it instead. Little things like that. Like I said, "what does she want!!!"

Clyde, Great job on the pounds lost. You're really doing well between that and all the inches lost too. Great job.

Diane and Ward, I so totally thought I had fallen asleep and missed the elimination and was afraid to admit it to anyone!!! I finally told my hubby at work today that I didn't know who was booted off TBL and he said they never told us. Man I thought I was having another senior 40ish moment. God bless us everyone. That is totally weird that they would leave a 2 hour show hanging like that! I have a love hate relationship with both Bob and Jillian every season....right now I'm not liking Jillian much. I didn't like how Bob stacked the deck weeks ago choosing his team the way he did, but then it is a game. I never expected Jillian to climb in the pitty boat with them. That really surprised me.

4mykids3, Welcome. I hope I can get to know you and each give and get support along the way. I love the sign your dad had. It had to be your sister. I'm sure of it.

Well, I walked 7 miles alone, but it was awesome. The weather feels almost balmy. I was back shortly after 10am and did an e z 20 minute yoga dvd. I worked with the hubby for a couple hours, cooked his lunch and now I'm heading in to clean my bedroom. That will make 4 out 5 spring cleaning jobs done. Whoopie!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #1105  
Rennie

lovn
I have no idea why she doesn't want to move in with us lol. She is great when it comes to doing things for others. She just has decided ( probably the last year ) chores are to do LATER or not at all or only half way. I do not want to see her house when she grows up. She is starting to remind me of my mother and my sister lol. You never know what they are up too. Mine either wants something or did something when she is that good lol. 7 miles wow.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 03-14-2008 at 12:59 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:36 AM   #1106  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Lovn 7 miles

How long did it take you to walk that.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:04 AM   #1107  
Rennie

I got 7 miles in today. Could kick myself. Today was my one mile at a time marathon. I didn't get started until 3 pm so I didn't get the 10 to 15 I usually get done. Took me about 2 hours and 12 min to do 7 different 1 mile walking/aerobic videos. That time also includes warm up and cool downs and stretches for each video. Heck, I could have done that amount of miles in half the time if I had just walked the 7 miles lol but then I wouldn't have gotten in all the aerobics too so I guess I did ok.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #1108  

Clyde, When I walk outside I shoot for a 4 mph pace. I do not run outside. I'm willing to run on the TM because it has shocks and doesn't bother my knees as bad. I made good time yesterday finishing in just under an hour and 40 min. It's a really hilly route so I was very pleased with that. There's one hill that's aprox a 20% incline (I'm guessing by what 10% looks like on my TM) and I know it's 1/4 mile long. 5 of the miles is all countryside. I spoke with 2 farmers and saw one spread menure. Other than that it was 3 farm dogs, a red tail hawk, a flock of turkeys, a flock of geese and numerous other birds. That's why I love to walk it. Peaceful and calming. I had the time so....

Rennie, I always marvel at your marathon days. I could never do that. I might start over 3 or 4 times and then I would give up!!

Today, I'm hoping my friend can join me for a walk, but her work schedule has been hectic. I didn't sleep well last night, but I don't have to work outside the home today at all. My bedroom just needs dusting and vacuuming and it's spit spot, leaving me only the toy room for spring cleaning. I know you're thinking the children should do that, but truthfully it's mostly just storage. I'm pretty sure once I weed through what they have outgrown there will be little to nothing left. Goodwill will be getting a nice drop this week. The Boy Scouts are selling pie by the slice tonight. Thankfully, I only have to make two.( I got my mother and sister each to make two also, booyah) My DS loves lemon made from the cook and serve pudding so that's what I'm making. He prefers cool-whip to meringue making it even easier. I plan to splurge and make homemade crust. Aint that sweet of me. The weather is suppose to hit 50* today. I think I'll be brave and turn off the furnace and open some windows for at least an hour. That'll perk everything up.
Have a lovely Friday!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #1109  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Last night I was watching the news and they did a story on what percentage of the USA is overweight/obese. That part of the story was fine, but then they had this thin, young reporter put on a bunch of weights to show what it was like to be carrying around an extra 50 pounds. I found the whole thing very offensive. She strapped on a pair of boobs that were the size of basketballs. Sorry, I may be obese/overweight, but MY boobs don't look like that. If she had gone on with the story and maybe showed someone who had lost a bunch of weight and felt better, it would be a beneficial story. But all she did was show how hard it was for her to fit in a movie theater seat, how there weren't any trendy clothes her size, how hard it was for her to walk up the stairs. Ok.... and.... is there a point to this??? Just ticked me off. There are about a thousand ways they could have done that story.

Today I am only working until noon, so I'll try to get back on here. I am having someone come out to repair my treadmill. The belt is slipping. They gave me the time frame of 1-5 that they will be here. I hate that. Anyway, I took off half a day.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:06 PM   #1110  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Clyde, they DON'T allow ducks in the dorm. This is something the frisbee players have put her up to and she's falling for it hook, line and sinker. I'm trying to figure out how to get her near my office when the baby ducks and gosling's are around. Nothing quite like being chased a block by a pissed off parent that thinks you got too close to their babies!

Rennie, they don't have tubs at the dorm either. So where the heck this poor thing would get to play in the water I have no clue. Other than taking a shower with the girls . . . can't imagine soap and shampoo are too good for it. Besides, I know of one duck that thought my sister's toes were some kind of tasty treat. Can you imagine being in the shower and dodging a hungry beak?

Lovin, how long did it take you to average a 4 minute mile walking? I'm lucky, really lucky, if I can keep the TM at a 3.5 for a whole mile. 4 would involve periodic jogging and definitely holding on for dear life! (Speaking of holding on, have you ever seen it at a gym where they crank the TM up to the highest ramp possible, then grab the top of the machine, LEAN BACK, and walk? Totally defeating the purpose, but they're happy.)

Rennie, maybe your daughter needs something like Flylady. She's too old for the HouseFairy! Maybe she feels like her room is so far gone it will take too long to clean it, so she's procrastinating. I have to admit, there are times when I hate that stupid timer. Set it for 15 minutes to work on my "hotspot" and I'm looking for things to do because I finished and the stupid timer hasn't gone off yet. Who knew that nasty job could be done so fast? Either that or she's figured out it's the fastest, easiest way to show her independence and irk the living crap out of you at the same time! In which case you need something that really hurts, like not letting her try out for the tennis team. Good luck, you're going to need it!
Closed Thread