Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 04:30 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Diane, I've been a lurker for quite a while on this thread, don't stop it now! It's just the fall blues, trying to get back into a routine and bracing for the holiday onslaught . . . I love reading how everyone is doing, I'm just too frustrated with myself to actually post. I'm finding when I post in other threads more often than not the thread dies. Or a day or two later somebody posts an update basically ignoring whatever I said. I think that makes me a troll . . . good heavens. Bad enough the kids call me a Hobit!

So anyway, I'm 47, just found out I have the back from Hades, down almost 14 pounds with way too many yet to go. Signed up for 10 sessions with a personal trainer (it's about the same cost as for physical therapy), I'm hoping after this I'll have a good exercise plan for the next three months. Anything I can do to improve the back situation would be a blessing.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:34 PM   #272  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 173/169/135

Height: 5'3"

Shy- I'll have to try to find one somewhere, I'll try the library our closest wal-mart has only Pilate's.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:21 AM   #273  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 173/169/135

Height: 5'3"

cool, thanks
Old 11-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #274  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Guess I need to quit pouting about the thread, huh?!! Thanks for the kind words. Special shout out to kappy. I understand trying to lose weight to try to make the aches and pains go away. My hips, lower back and knees are stiffer than I like them to be, so I'm trying to get some good exercising in and weight loss so that I can start feeling better!

Shy - those sound like good videos. Glad it works for you!

Clydegirl - Did you get rid of the candy yet? I noticed when I got home last night that a lot of our candy "disappeared". I think my kids are hiding it in their rooms because they know I don't buy candy very often. ha!
Old 11-02-2007, 04:40 PM   #275  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Diane it's still there. It hasn't gone down much either.

The big bowl is sitting on my kitchen table
Old 11-02-2007, 05:35 PM   #276  

Hey all, guess what? I signed up for 10 sessions with the trainer and they gave me $100 off! Still way more than I should have spent, but now it's the same as physical therapy so what the heck.

I've come to the conclusion age isn't for whimps. This back thing is totally kicking my butt (pardon the expression!).
Old 11-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #277  

Question -- I don't know if this is age related, health related (sometimes when you're in pain and on meds it affects your emotions) or what, but I have to ask. Is anybody else fed up with the kids running riot in restaurants, malls, stores, parking lots, etc.? It's getting to the point I don't want to go out in public, they're driving my blood pressure through the flippin' roof. I'm out of patience, out of sympathy, just plain out of compassion for these kids and their senseless parents. Is it because I'm 47 and childless? Therefore unable to completely relate to these overstressed, overworked, ignorance is bliss parents? Or do I just need to up my workouts to boost whatever positive chemical reactions I can all while taking mega doses of St. John's Wort or asking the doctor for some serious Valium or something?

Last edited by kappy; 11-05-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:31 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

kappy~it bothers me, too. You're not alone. I have always told my kids to be on their best behavior when in a restaurant and apparently it automatically crossed over to them behaving well anywhere in public. It does have a lot to do with the parents and what they'll let the kids get away with.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Hi everyone!
I started on this site several months ago but couldn't follow through. Now I have turned 40 and watched the summer float by without losing one pound. I am beginning working out a few times a week. However, I need support from others of you out there!
So, I'll get cracking on my exercising and my eating but give me words of encouragement when you can!
Many thanks!
Old 11-05-2007, 04:08 PM   #280  
Diane

Welcome back, Cleveland.

Kappy, I have 2 kids ages 13 and 11. I am an absolute tyrant with them and I wouldn't have it any other way. I will never understand just dropping off your kids at a mall or other public place. Not only can they get in a lot of trouble, but they could be in danger. Who knows who is wondering around there just waiting for an opportunity.

Just can't stand it when other kids are running around crazy!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:30 PM   #281  

Rennie~LOL! I agree! Nothing wrong with a little fear! Or guilt--guilt always worked with me.

My DD, almost 17, every once in a while swears (but not at me--more of like inserting the word for emphasis) but otherwise she's very calm and understanding. I've only once had a tantrum with her--and she was 5 at the time. I just walked away (to her complete surprise). What DID catch me off guard was the day she called me "dude." I laughed so hard! But it was kind of endearing--that's how she addresses her friends, so perhaps she sees me as a friend after all these years. Now if I could just get her to call when she's going to be later than expected! Wow, I won't have to deal with that much longer--next year she's off to college.

As for my son, almost 13, he's never had a problem with me saying no when he wanted something unreasonable. He's actually more of a comic about it--he'll try to convince me why it is absolutely necessary that he own the most expensive computer in the store (when all he really wants is a new CD or something). It doesn't mean he'll get what he wants, but it's really cute how he tries to persuade me!

ETA: the other day at the mall, DD was trying on a dress and DS was bored so I sent him to the book store which was our next stop. I figured he MIGHT find something he likes there (I'll always buy the kids a book). Well, not only did he find a book--he actually read it! Friday night at the football game, he brought his book and read the entire game (86 pages). And this is from the kids who I usually have to nag about doing his 20 minutes of reading each night! I ought to let him loose in the book store more often!

Last edited by alinnell; 11-05-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:36 AM   #282  
Diane

What great kid stories! They can be a lot of fun sometimes! Ha!

Allison, that's quite a trick to get your son to read during a football game. My son is a smart kid, but he just doesn't get into reading like I would prefer. He likes magazines about hunting and sports, so that helps. But he's just not into "stories".

Rennie: That's cute! Moe is a good nickname!

Cleveland: So, how's it going? Are you keeping on track with eating and exercise?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #283  

Diane~trick? I had nothing to do with it! He was actually supposed to watch the football game so he could write a report on it! Instead, he asked us questions about the game and he wrote his report that way! LOL Kids!

My poor DD has a cold. I wanted her to stay home from school, but she doesn't like to miss school. Wait, what did I just say? Is this the same girl who skipped AP Government yesterday because she hadn't done the homework? Again, Kids!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:57 PM   #284  

Thanks for the feedback all. I was afraid I was losing my mind and my patience was nonexistent! Although, I have to admit, get on enough pain drugs and to some extent what patience there is is measured in nanoseconds!

Started with the personal trainer yesterday, sort of pleasantly sore today. Only issue today is there is no way to get in a double cardio session (stupid conference calls), so I'll have to double the length of the one I can get in. It will be a physical challenge in more ways than one.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:10 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Wow! You guys have good kid stories. I have one daughter who is 10. Seems like you guys are going to be a good source of info as she gets older!
I have been OK with my food intake today. I had 2 slices of turkey bacon and an egg white omlette this morning. I had a good size salad with some meat on it around lunch time. ( I have never put a ton of dressing on so that's not an issue. ) I walked 2 miles. Had one snack of a little sherbert. Dinner is going to be some tuna and I hope to walk another mile this evening but I have a meeting and it's sort of snowing!
Tomorrow I'll be going to a gym so my aerobic activity will increase from today.
Comments? Feedback? Tricks? Suggestions?
Closed Thread