40-Something Chat Thread - Page 70 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:29 PM   #1036  

Thank you for the warm welcome Clydegirl!
Lentil soup hummmm, have not had that in years!
Old 03-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #1037  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Look, Your story sounds so much like mine. I'd diet every spring to look good in my shorts and then put everything back on before fall was even over. A viscious cycle. Nearly 2 yrs ago I committed to a healthy "year round" lifestyle. I've lost very slowly, but I'm 43 now and more than comfortable in my own skin. They say slow and steady wins the race. Join us here and chat. There are some really nice people here.

Ward, My hubby doesn't bother to pretend he doesn't like TBL any more. Last week he sat right next to me and watched it. Usually he plays scrabble on the computer (4 ft from the tv) and fanes indifference. My sister and her boyfriend both admit it's their favorite show and they watch together every week.

Clyde, Snow, snow, go away. Come again another YEAR!!!! That's all I can sing, I can sing no more.

Got 5 miles done on the TM and felt much better after. It's cold and windy yet today, but it's really sunny. It's keeping me in the good mood.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #1038  

Thank you lovnmom!
I am sick of the yo-yo myself, at 44 I will never wear size 4 jeans again...but would love to be able to fit in to the 10's I bought just 5 months ago! LOL
I am 5ft 2in and every 5 pounds adds a new pant size. I do not own a scale due to the fact I felt chained to the last one I had. I have however started taking my measurments. I started my Eating healthier 7 days ago, gave up sugar,caffeine & grains for the first 7 days. I have lost 5 inches total in my waist & hips(more from my waist than hips) I will continue this way of eating for another week. Then hope to add some whole wheat grains back in to my menue.
I tell ya, the caffeine was harder to give up than I thought! But I am glad I have, at least it has helped me sleep better!

P.S. I see your in Wisconsin...me too!

Last edited by The Look 039; 03-04-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:51 PM   #1039  
nearly indestructible

S/C/G: 241/117/160

Height: 5'9

Check up with my docs tomorrow to see what the deal is on these mouth blisters.

I'm so sick of this hot weather. It was freezing this morning (about 29) and then got up to near 80 this afternoon (San Antonio). How can anyone stay healthy when your body has to change to adjust to that difference?

It's been hard sticking to my diet. I just don't feel like eating much. I will find out tomorrow what my weight is and I'm hoping that by Thurs, I can get back to my gym.

I have to take 2 ativan to get to sleep. No sleep meds really worked for me. Ambien only let me sleep for a few hours and then I was up all night. I only drink coffee in the morning, and have tried to give it up, but it was too miserable - an 8 day headache.

Hope y'all are well. I'd post more, but I'm sleeping nearly all the time.

I did splurge a little at Bath and Body today. I decided not to buy any more clothes or shoes until I've lost my first goal of 40 lbs.

Take care everyone!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:38 AM   #1040  

Look, It sounds like you have a plan. Planning to succeed is the first step. Anyone who can give up caffeine is determined.

JZ, It's good to treat yourself with kindness. I hope you feel better soon.

I have to work again today, but only a couple of hours. I'm baking again but, I only have to make a couple pans of bars for the soup supper at church tonight. The kids had band festival yesterday. Dd said the instructor was sure they had gotten a first. They try to get the younger students home so they don't stay and waite for results. I'm hoping they find out today though. Ds has his 2nd First Communion class tonight. I'll be at church from 5-9 tonight between classes, dinner, service and choir practice. That's good though. There are some really good things happening there. It's a nice place to be.
Hi to Diane, Clyde, Kappy and Rennie...I probably won't be back until tomorrow. I hope you all have time to post and I have lots of catching up to do tomorrow morning.
Have a terrific Wednesday!
I'm missing me some Rainbow Smiles too! Susan WTH are you??
Old 03-05-2008, 02:03 PM   #1041  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Look, welcome! Glad to have you. Size 4, eh? In my dreams. I don't think I can even remember when I flew through that size. I know it wasn't HS.

JaneZoe, good grief girl! Sounds like a real battle you're in. Do I understand you need to take something to get to sleep, but then you're sleeping all the time? I know bodies need sleep to heal and repair, but isn't there a middle ground? Mouth sores, heavens that sounds just miserable. As for the temperature my girl, stay away from the SF Bay Area. We'll be in the 40's in the morning, swing to the 70's in the afternoon, and drop like a brick in the evening. Sometimes the swing is bigger, up to the 80's or 90's. If the fog comes in at night the temperature drops faster. Spring baseball, OMG, you could freeze your keister off watching the kids play.

The restroom upstairs at the office is still fully closed. We still have one stall out in the one closest to me. And yes, Depends is beginning to look like a viable option. Too many times there is a line and I'm not allowing enough time for games like that! Now, that said, if I find out who it is who is playing some kind of handheld game while camping out in one of the working stalls when there is a line, I will hurt her. I'm all for the occational need to take some extra time, but go to one of the fully functioning rooms for that!

I'm going to try sending another PM to Rainbow. I need her optimism!
Old 03-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #1042  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! Welcome to Look! Glad you're with us!

Kappy, I'm with you. I don't remember size 4 either. I'd be so happy to be completely in Misses size clothes. Right now, I still have to go to Women's for pants, jeans and skirts, but I can sometimes slip over to Misses for shirts and tops.

Lovn: Your comments about baking bars made me wonder. Would you (or anyone else) have a recipe for energy type bars? They don't have to have all the strange stuff in them, but something along that line. I would like to have a bar that I can make myself that would travel well in a backpack/saddlebag for when we are hunting or just riding horses in the mountains. I tried some homemade granola bars, but they were hard. I need something that could stay a little soft, when it gets cool.

Jane: That's a huge temperature difference!! I want warmer weather, but I have to admit that I want it to warm up slowly. I also hope you can get some help from your doctor.

Clyde: I love lentil soup. Sounds so good! What did you think about TBL last night? I told my husband when Bernie gave away that immunity that I thought he shouldn't have done that when they went to the individual status. He was thinking with his heart and not his head. I would think that at this point, if you had to leave it wouldn't be so bad. You wouldn't win the money, but look at all the weight they have lost!

Hopefully the weather stays ok tonight. I want to go out with my son and play some baseball. He was laughing at me the other night because I can't throw very well, but I know he appreciates my effort. He's such a cute kid. He smiled the whole time we were out there. I went to physical therapy yesterday and she really worked me over. I'm still a little sore. I think it is getting better (hip and tailbone), but it isn't as good as I need it to be, so I'm keeping up faithfully with my strengthening exercises. I was doing the pelvic tilt and hold exercise last night and my daughter asked me if I was doing anything at all or just laying on the floor. I'm going to have to take her out one of these days! ha!

Well, I'll put my plug in, too, for Rainbow to get back here and start posting!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:19 PM   #1043  

Diane, I've made some health bars before that had oatmeal and peanut butter in them and they stayed soft. I'll have to look up the recipe though. It's been a awhile since I made them. Does the horseback riding help your hip and tail bone or do you have to do the physio so you can do what you love? I know riding is great exercise. I've never ridden much. I did a few times with a friend years ago, but I never had a relationship with either of the animals (that sounds kinda sick, but reassuring too) so I never got comfortable at it. I'm sure the horse could feel my tension. That is my one regret. We've never gotten a horse for my oldest daughter. She is a natural with animals. She has no fear and they instinctively love her....well I lied. I found time to be back on again today. That could be because I spent most of the day believing it was March 12th. I hate this stage of the pre-menapaus game. I didn't need treats for church until next week. Waite and see, I won't make any next week! hah! I had one batch of cupcakes mixed up before I realised I was a week ahead. DS can take a treat to school tomorrow. He'll like that!!
Old 03-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #1044  

lovnmom- like I said the caffeine was the hardest thing I have ever given up! It has sure made for some rough mornings! LOL

Kappy- Thank you for the welcome, size 4 was many many years ago! I was YOUNG and full of energy!

Shashnl- Thank you for the welcome! Glad to be here too!

Okay so last night I gave in to temptation...sigh.....a week with no sugar ie chocolate I had a peice of Dove candy, I had a bag of them sitting in the pantry left over from Valentines Day, Yes I only ate 1 but....thats how it all starts again...so this morning I woke up and threw out the entire bag!
You would think with Kids & hubby they would have been long gone before now!
Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

Last edited by The Look 039; 03-05-2008 at 04:52 PM. Reason: spelling! LOL
Old 03-05-2008, 05:31 PM   #1045  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi girls.

The girls are back in school and I'm back in the routine. It will be a short week. I had physio this morning and oohh I was hurting. The ice is always good after the treatment.

Biggest Loser last night I was glad they went to individual players. Diane, Bernie had to give away the immunity to another person. I was wondering when they are going to do the makeovers. That Dan needs a haircut. They always look good after a haircut and new clothes.

That lentil soup was really good and easy. I had it for lunch today.

Look sometimes when I'm craving chocolate a bite size piece will take the craving away.

Jane I hope they can give you something for the blisters. they nust be bad to affect your eating.

Kappy did you get in touch with Rainbow? All this running to the loo will help your pelvic floor muscles.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #1046  

Good morning all. Planning a day with the hubby today. I'm hoping to get him to do some yoga with me. His back has been hurting and some gentle stretching would do him good. We shall see.

Look, I've found for me that allowing myself to have a small piece of chocolate and enjoying it works far better, for me, in the long run than having an all or nothing attitude. You have to ask yourself if you can honestly live the rest of your life w/o chocolate? Not having an entire bag of Dove in the house is a good choice though. I'd probably be enjoying and savoring one after every meal. That wouldn't be good. I like to buy individual truffles made by Lindt. They run 30-40 cents a piece, are delicious and only have about 50 calories each. I savor it and then move on. You notice I kept saying "for me". You have to walk your journey your way.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #1047  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Clyde: I thought he had a choice to give it away or not. I knew he couldn't keep it for himself, but I thought she said that had he made his decision to give someone immunity or to not give it away. Oh well. He looked amazing in his follow up photo, though, didn't he!? Oh, and I hear you about the pain of physio. I had been having no problem with it, but she really worked on this one muscle. The next day, I had a small bruise from where she "worked" on it! It needed to be done, but OUCH!

Lovn: The initial injury for me was a fall from a horse. I think the last time it flared up again was from riding, but I'm not giving it up. I need to keep my stomach muscles and butt muscles stronger to avoid re-injury. Oh... that means exercise...

Look: Just don't punish yourself because of the chocolate. Keep looking forward. Maybe in time you can allow yourself a little choco, but for now you might need to avoid all of those nasty trigger foods!!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:53 AM   #1048  

Good Morning to all of us BEAUTIFUL SEXY over 40 Babes!

Thank you for your words of wisdom on my little chocolate slide the other day
I fixed that problem by getting some sugar free hard candies and now I have 2 a day when that craving starts! Yeah me!

I know I am new here, and I thank you for just excepting me, I was a little scared to post at first.
So let me introduce myself......(Drum Roll)
My name is Pamela
I hail from the Great State of Texas, but now live in Wisconsin(talk about a weather change)
I am married with 6 kids, ages 16,18,20,22,25 &27
I have 2 furbabies also, Bentley who is a Westie & BeBe a Tiny Yorkie.
I am retired early & help my hubby with his work.

On Dieting:
After Many years of dieting I am now trying to do it the right way.
I have been very thin & I have been very round, and I like thinner better, so here I am.

Well thats a little about the "newbie" Thanks for reading!

Last edited by The Look 039; 03-06-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #1049  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Look, be very careful with the sugar free hard candy. It has sugar alcohol in it, and for some people (both of my parents) there is a very definite line. Cross it and heaven help you, there had better be a bathroom with a serious supply of TP available. I can have more than they can, but I have to tell you, I swear sometimes my stomach is trying to play the 1812 overture. All instruments, in stereo. Uncomfortable and LOUD, I've had to leave public places because it was so noticable.

They opened the stall in the restroom yesterday, around lunch time. Nobody saw them close the room or saw them working in there. So we have no idea what was actually wrong or when it was fixed. It was suggested that whatever was wrong one floor up caused our stall to be closed, fixing the problem upstairs automatically fix ours. Could be. It's the strangest thing in the world. But I have a fully functioning restroom at work again and I'm HAPPY!

I am having zero luck in reaching Rainbowsmiles. She's not answering PM's. I tried another thread to see if I could get her to respond, no luck. She edited her profile on the 300 pound group, took out most of the information there. I know her husband's name is Nigel and they live in Charleston, but that's not enough to find her outside of 3FC. I know she was really hurt by some comments made in other threads and in PM's to her, so I don't know if she's emotionally hurt again and avoiding the site or what. Anybody got any ideas?

Last edited by kappy; 03-06-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #1050  

Kappy- Thanks for the heads up, I will keep that in mind, so far 2pc. a day is my limit, with no nasty side effects.
Closed Thread