Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 11:38 AM   #931  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

JaneZoe- Thanks for posting that from Body for Life for Women. I read the book about a month ago and wrote down that very passage - I need to pull it out and post it to the frig or somewhere I'll see it daily.

Congrats on your maintenance, Evil. That's awesome.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:27 PM   #932  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Been MIA for awhile, let me just say that basically chronic pain SUCKS and makes life an interesting, expensive adventure.

Clyde, one of my co-workers went to see Jersey Boys, said it was the best of the best, he went back a second time. He's normally a tightwad, that was quite an amazing thing for him to do!

Linda, welcome back!

Wardhog, love the blue teeth! Hope the kids had as much fun as they appear to have had! Did you survive?

Lovn, how's the cabin fever going? You have really been slammed this year, haven't you? There's a part of me that would love the opportunity to be "snowed in," but since I also get to play with SAD I'm not sure even a vacation with that possibility would be smart!

Cat, welcome. These gals are the best of the best.

Michele has responded that she went on a vacation and just got back. Still having PC issues, but hopes to be back with us shortly.

Now that we have that mystery solved, where did Rainbow disappear to? I need recipes, ideas, suggestions, SMILES!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:54 PM   #933  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

Height: 5'2"

WooHoo!! Finally the scale moved. One more pound down for a total of 5 ... 13 more to go. Just checking in .. hope everyone is doing well and staying on course.

I'm still kickboxing twice weekly at a martial arts academy and it is awesome. Our instructor, Trudy, is a 3rd degree black belt in Tai Kwon Do so we are learning a lot of self-defence as well. I can't really describe what we do because it is a mix between Tae Kwon Do, kickboxing, boot camp & old fashioned cardio. It's amazing. We have a few new people that have joined up, so now there are probably 10 of us that are regulars. That is still a pretty small class. On Monday only 4 of us showed up. I don't mind it much because we get a more personalized workout and that is really good. On the other 5 days I take 1 day off and the other four I break up the routine. Usually 3 days I'm on the treadmill for about 35 - 40 minutes and the rowing machine 10 - 15 minutes. The other day I'm on the treadmill 20 minutes, rowing machine 20 minutes and a kickboxing dvd for between 30 & 50 minutes. The mixing things up seems to be helping.

Nothing else happening with me, other than Friday the 22nd is my husbands & I 33rd anniversary of our first date. Way back in 1975 we went to our high school hockey game and then out for a snack afterwards to a Chinese food restaurant called "The Four Winds". Unfortunately it is no longer in business. Don't know what we're doing this year, but we are going out for sure -- probably out for a glass or two of wine and some snacks. Will probably blow the diet but it's only for one day. I'll make it up later.

Anyway, gotta run everyone ... will check back in again soon.

Chris
Old 02-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #934  
nearly indestructible

S/C/G: 241/117/160

Height: 5'9

Oh man. I'm miserable. I saw my doc today and they think I'm getting bronchitis, which will kick my butt and won't let me train at the gym. My fever is now 102 and I feel awful. I can't get them to call me back as when I was at MD Anderson, they always wanted you to have a fever to see if it goes higher b/c they make you go to the ER if it is. I want to take some Tylenol or something, but I'm not really sure what to do.

I got an antibiotic shot and they gave me big time antibiotics for 11 days.

Although I have to say, I sure don't feel like eating whatsoever. Soup and tons of water. I am craving like an icee w/out all the sugar.

I did find out that I've lost 8 lbs though

Hope y'all are well.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:49 PM   #935  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Jane hope you feel better. Keep an eye on your temp and get back to the doc if it gets any higher. Bronchitis can be nasty.

Kappy I was wondering that as well Rainbow where are you?

Chris well done on that pound. Enjoy your day on Friday.

Just finished watching The Biggest Loser so I feel all motivated again. Those guys dropped some big numbers this week.

Take care everyone.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #936  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey Clyde, I watched it last night too. What an amazing thing! I get so teary eyed watching them and their success. To see such amazing weight loss is so inspiring. I know they are in a game, but there just aren't any losers in this. I also loved to see Bob's face light up as those big numbers posted. Wow!

Gotta go. I'm running a little late today.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #937  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

hello hello helloooooo everyone
i hope that everyone is having a fantabulous day!
sorry i was MIA for a bit...short boring story.
i was posting over on the 300+ thread some...after drooling over and being so envious of the weight over here....oh to be 100 and something...199.9 would thrill me to no end. 299.9 ...to be able to see that "3" gone. I thought maybe no one could understand here. i have such a long way to go to fit in here! i ran across several depressing posts on another thread...please don't get me wrong...we all need lifting up and have down days..but some people seemed to whine every single post ...and i made a thread that was intended to get people to see their life in a more positive way, to find something to post that was positive ...and i asked that if they were reading my post to please stop the negativity and post something positive...well, it didn't turn out that way, instead i was blasted about how people need to be free to post whatever they want...as if i didn't already know that...i had PM's from people i didn't even know saying mean things to me...i never intended that they couldn't post about their bad days, i only wanted to start a thread that would contain only positive vibes...oh well, at anyrate, i took that hit hard, i don't know why i let it get to me like i did. but i did. so i deleted the post i made...and just retreated. i can't help being positive. i have always been a glass half full kinda girl. i was a cheerleader growing up and i guess its just in me to try to make people pump themselves up. i love being able to find something kind to say. so i thought stupidly, ok, just keep your mouth shut. and i was "lurking" like so many others...and reading...but i missed everyone...
anyway....i hope that everyone is having a grand day, and is staying on target with their own progress.
cheeriooo
rainbowsmiles
Old 02-20-2008, 09:47 AM   #938  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Rennie, At least the kids were fighting over something healthy lol

Kappy, Thanks for asking about the cabin fever. It's at kind of an all time high. The snow has stopped, but it's 26 below zero right now and expected to only climb to 5 below today. It's been this way since Sun. I can only get out for quick 1/2 mile walks and it's getting harder to stay "up." At least there is plenty of sunshine today and I'm bound and determined to use the TM or something. I know even indoor exercise would help a lot. Hope your feeling better soon too.

Chris, You sound psyched. I would love to have exercise classes of any kind offered close to me. The nearest is 25 miles away and the membership for basic facility use is $400 a year. Every class is extra. If I did have the time to drive there I couldn't afford it anyway. WTG on the pound loss and 33 years of togetherness, now that's something to celebrate!!!

JZ, I sincerely hope you are feeling better soon. Bronchitis can be so painful. I hope the antibiotics kick in before it settles to deep in your lungs. Healthy vibes coming your way. Great job on kicking that 8# to the curb!!

Diane and Clyde, I am such a TBL fan!!! Everyone in my house knows the living room tv is mom's from 7-9 on Tues night. I so want to hate the guys, because the teams are devided so uneven, but I can't..They've tried to make Mark out to be nasty, but how cute was he trying to take doughnuts from his little boy. I believe he really cares about his family's health not just getting rid of the tempting stuff. I was kind of surprised by how heavy both Mark and Jay's families were. Even their children were all extra chubby. Those are families I believe this show will change there lives.

Diane, I can honestly say I've never seen a college baseball game. In WI it's all about the basketball and football teams. The baseball is never televised not even on PBS after the fact. I'm thinking we could probably get tickets pretty easy and my kids would love it. Thanks for sharing that.

My weight this month has been down 4#. Now it's only down 1# from the first of the month. The motivation is really slipping with the weather. My friend and I have not been able to walk together in about 2 weeks. It's just too nasty to plan anything that fits both our schedules. I have a lot of community projects I need to get through in the next couple weeks that are sucking time and energy from me at an already vulnerable time, but the up side. I could see some sun by 6:30 am this morning. Our days are getting longer and I haven't started my usual Feb weight gain. Good things are coming. I'm healthy, with a terrific family and an awesome on-line group who have kept me on track and out of the pity pot that can be Feb. A big THANK YOU girls!!!

And yeah, where is our rainbow smiles?????
Old 02-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #939  
Lola is Back!

S/C/G: 226/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4

SNOW DAY HERE! I'm going to shovel the driveway... maybe that will move the scale today! HA!

Then have some low fat hot Cocoa.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:47 AM   #940  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey Rainbow! Welcome back. But now... I'm going to scold you! What do you mean that you didn't think you fit in here??? What??? This is a 40-something thread and we even let in those who aren't quite 40 or who have passed 40. Don't get me wrong, I look at some of the other tickers here and think about how far above those weights I am, but we all have similar issues. And, although I have a "2" in front of my weight, the other numbers are quite a bit higher and I'm a long way from having a "1" in front of my weight. I truly believe that even those who are at or below my goal weight can understand the difficulty in losing any weight at all! You keep your positive self here and keep posting! There! Lecture over! We missed you!

Lovn: Give college baseball a try. I absolutely love it. They have such enthusiasm and talent. Typically, they haven't developed the "attitude" and they run every time they hit the ball... rather than being like lazy pro baseball players who wait to see if it is caught or if it is a home run.
Also, on TBL, I thought it was really interesting how Mark realized that his kids were getting bad habits, like he had. I tried to not like him in the beginning, too, but I realize that he is just very competitive and is trying to change his life, too. I was disappointed in the cattiness with the black team. Not good!

Well, I'm supposed to be working. Better get back at it!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #941  

Susan, Glad you're back

Lola, Good luck keeping up with the snow...have a great day!

Diane, I think that's what I love about the minors. Most are in college and have the summer off. They play terrific, but with no haughtiness. In LaCrosse each player has his own theme song when he's at bat. It's just a terrific fun atmosphere. I can't waite to check out college baseball.

If you want to see my ugly mug I think I put a pic in my profile. I look pretty tense. DD was taking the picture literally 3 ft from me amd padoodling with the zoom and what not. It shows everyone of my 43 years worth of wrinkles and my bloodshot eyes from showering, but now you see me. ( I think) Maybe tomorrow you won't!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #942  

Ok, it's there but it's HUGE. How do you make thumbnail size pics to share? Help from anybody!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #943  
One pound at a time.

Rainbow welcome back we missed you here.

I always enjoy your posts because you are always so positive. It doesn't matter what your numbers are. To be honest I never notice the numbers just the poster.

Lovn it's always nice to put a face to the person, computer stuff I'm useless at so I can't help.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #944  
This time it's for ME!

S/C/G: SW/172 CW/159 GW/145

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hello to all the 40 year olds making better choices in our lives and living healthier!

I'm 43 and married with two children 8 & 11. I used to lurk around a little here to get inspiration from all of you a couple of years ago and I did post occationally. I lost the weight and maintained for a year then my Dad got very sick and I moved him in with us at our house. Needless to say it was very hard but I still maintained until he passed away. I sort of took a "vacation" from eating well and started back to my OLD ways again.

So, here I am again. At work we've started a "Biggest Loser Challange" so I've been steadily losing but not any big drop in pounds just small losses. I'm ok with that.

I've notice that turning 40 changed my thinking about weight loss. No more Fad diets. No more starving. No more going back to the way I used to eat. Maybe I've gotten smarter!

All of you are an inspiration to me. I hope to be posting more often.

Last edited by Lenee64; 02-20-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:58 PM   #945  
One pound at a time.

Lenee. Pop in and chat it helps to have the support.
Closed Thread