40-Something Chat Thread - Page 68 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #1006  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi to you too Leenie!

Clyde, I think that's so funny. I was saying last night, "this has got to be the most awful night of television," even CSI was a repeat. I'm glad you enjoyed your tv night though.

Rennie, How nice of you to help out, AGAIN.

Very busy day today. I have to deliver feed with the hubby. Shop. Make 2 large pans (100 servings each) of desserts. A no bake cheesecake recipe and a yummy cream cheese, pudding, and cool whip concoction. The Boy Scouts will be selling them at the K of C fish fry tonight. We're off to lands far far away. Ok, about 130 miles away for round two of the math competition for oldest son and youngest daughter. I hope they do well, but if not we'll have a nice night away and they are already winners anyway!!!
I'll try to check in late tomorrow. Have a great weekend.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:24 AM   #1007  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

lovn
I do NOT feel nice today. I wanted to spend the weekend with the hubby and be left alone. I feel like a terrible person this morning because I am going to do this and don't really want to. Sigh, I have cried my eyes out this morning because I feel so bad because I just wanted to be left alone. I have no one that would come and help me if I need help. Sometimes " It is the kind of friend you are, not the kind of friend they are " runs thin. Oh my gosh that sounds so good. You have to pm me the recipe. You are always so busy and do so much for everyone else.

Clyde
Nice going on the weight loss. Keep a smile on your face and a piece of celery in your hand lol. She won't even know I am there. It is my job to do the laundry, clean the house, do the shopping, give her meals and her pain pills lol.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #1008  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi Leenie, thanks for the pop in to say hi!

Rennie: I think it is really wonderful that you do so much for people, but maybe you need to say no sometimes. You can't always put yourself second!

Clyde, this is really your year. You have this losing weight thing figured out and you're doing great. Good for you! You're impressive!

Well, tonight my husband and I are going out to dinner for our anniversary, 21 years. Should be fun. Then, we're back on task tomorrow! Lots to get done this weekend. The last basketball game of the season is tomorrow. I will miss it some, but a break is good before baseball starts.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #1009  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

lovn, I can't believe you are cooking for that many again! wow.

Rennie, I am sorry you are feeling so down. I hope your friend appreciates what you are doing.

Diane, congratulations on 21 years.

My daughter is back at school today and I am feeling a bit better, too. I won't be working out; I was winded from walking up the stairs. I managed to start a load of laundry and put the dishes away, though.

Hope everyone has a great week-end.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:50 AM   #1010  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning girls.

Rennie I hope you feel better. Remember and make time for yourself.

Lovn those have to be some large pans. Those sound good the pudding cream cheese one especially. I love desserts
I'm a huge Survivor fan never miss it.

Diane enjoy your special dinner

Chris well done on your weight loss. Every pound counts.

Busy weekend.Tomorrow are the super sectionals for poms We will all be there cheering them on. State championship is in 2 weeks then softball starts From one extreme to the other.

Happy 29th will pop in later.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #1011  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Is anybody else having issues where the screen basically just locks up when you go to look at a thread? It's driving me nuts. Took two days to get in here!

JaneZoe keep the faith. It will get better. Just keep repeating that. It may take some time, but it will get better.

Clyde, did I see baseball scores scrolling on the tv screen this morning? Spring training already?

Rennie, sometimes some me time is definitely in order. Sounds like you're overdue. Somebody told me once that they actually wrote "I have a previous engagement" on their calendar, so when somebody asked them to do something for the upteenth time they could recite that and not feel bad. If you say no they tend to push and wheedle and then you end up giving in. But they back off when you say "previous engagement". You deserve the time!

Went to a new doctor yesterday. Know what? I'm on the 3rd bc pill in 6 months. A 4th one starts in two weeks. (Long story.) She said that many changes that fast can really affect metabolism, the weight stall is not surprising. Hello! What was that? Naturally she'd like me off it entirely, which is a discussion for a different doc in October. Wonder how long it will take for my body to stablize once the 4th one gets going . . .

Off to Stanford on Saturday, niece is in an Ultimate Frisbee tournament. Strangest thing ever to watch, but she loves it so whatever!

Hope everybody gets healthy (no relapses Wardhog & JaneZoe!) and has a great weekend.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #1012  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Oh, the men's room is still closed upstairs but the women's has reopened. We still have one stall closed. To my knowledge they haven't even been to look at it this week. Maybe because they had a bigger problem upstairs, don't know for sure. Do know that one stall makes a huge difference in how fast we go from empty to standing room only!
Old 02-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #1013  
One pound at a time.

Kappy yes spring training has started. Love it.

When I sometimes switch threads I get the unable to show web-site.

I just got in from a walk. It's lovely out there. I haven't been able to walk outside for weeks so it was good to get out in the fresh air.

Ultimate frisbee that should be fun.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #1014  
Diane

Beautiful day today. But, then we have a storm coming in and it is supposed to get cold again. Not the bitter cold stuff, so it shouldn't be too bad. A busy weekend scheduled for me. I made a "to do" list and it scared me. I'll have to look at it realistically and see what I can really get done.

Have a good weekend!
Old 03-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #1015  
nearly indestructible

S/C/G: 241/117/160

Height: 5'9

I can't believe it's 4pm and I haven't done much of anything today. I woke up feeling really awful and coughing my head off. I thought I was past that point.

My doctor at least told me that it's not viral. I go back for a follow up appt on Wed.

I miss going to the gym, but I just feel so terrible. It stinks b/c I'm in such a great mood

I wish it were cold here. It was 92 the other day.

Hope y'all are well. You truly do inspire me.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:43 PM   #1016  
One pound at a time.

Evening girls.

The girls did well today and we're going to state in 2 weeks. They finished 1st in pom and 3rd in pom dance. So we will be off to the U of I in Champaign. That will be a nice weekend trip leaving Friday and coming back Sunday.

Needless to say I have not got anything done today.

A lovely day today and tomorrow it will be 70 degrees. Monday it will drop to freezing and we will be back to snow, sleet , freezing rain and rain . Crazy.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:17 AM   #1017  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Rennie, Hang in there. I think it's normal to feel used and abused from time to time. I like Kappy's idea of, " I have a previous engagement." I hope your friend does something to show she appreciates your help.

Diane, Congrats on the 21 years.

Ward, I hope you're feeling better soon.

JZ, Not that it makes it any easier to be sick, but I'm glad to hear it's viral. It'll run it's course and then go away. I'm sending a big hug your way.

Clyde, That's so awesome, going to state!!!!! You must be so happy and proud. I love seeing kids that work hard get rewarded. Have a great time.

My weekend has been hectic and it's not over yet. We travelled to Plover, WI for the math comp. DS placed 2nd so he will go to state in April at Wisconsin Rapids. The boy that took 1st is actually a friend from a neighboring town so my son was real cool with it, plus he still has a chance to take first at state. Woo hoo. DD scored the fourth highest in her age group. Only 1st and 2nd move on, but still a huge accomplishment and I am really proud of her. We had a great night away with swimming and hot tubbing. Neither child studied for the test while we were gone at all We just went for fun. I swam laps for 15 min w/o stopping. I haven't swum laps in like 4 years so it felt really good to be able to do it. Arms and legs are sore, but a good sore. The Scouts sold all but 4 slices of my desserts for a tidy little profit. That was good news. I baked 100 cookies and 3 doz muffins last night again. Our family is doing coffee hour at church today. After church I'm going with the youth group for pizza buffet to plan our attck for the Easter morning pancake brkfst. Why does everything seem to revolve around food?!?!?! This is going to be one tough month for weight loss oh and for housework. The place looks like it blew up!!! Well, it's shower time!
Have a great Sunday all!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #1018  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Wow, lovn, you have a lot going on!

I am feeling mostly better. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and also took a long walk around the (very hilly) neighborhood (4.2mi, 1:20). I am going to the gym today for some sort of light intensity workout. I am sitting here ready to go and waiting for my husband to make his appearance.

I hope you're all having a great week-end!
Old 03-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #1019  
Diane

Lovn: Sometimes when you write about all the stuff you have going on, you make me feel like such a slacker!! ha! And I thought I was busy! It is funny how things revolve around food so many times. Gee, I wonder why there is a problem with obesity. I know that when we visit my extended family, who live in Nebraska, there is always concern about the next meal. The first time my husband came to meet all of them, he commented on how you went from house to house and meal to meal. They are wonderful, caring, happy people who know that the difference between going to heaven or going to **** is how you fed your guests. Ha! It always kills me when 10:00 pm rolls around and they break out the coffee and treats. Let's see, give me sugar and caffeine and see if I can sleep! I've always turned that down, by the way.

Sounds like a lot of sickness going around out there! Hope you get better soon, Jane and Ward!

Clyde: How exciting for your poms! Of course, this means that it will never end and you'll never have a free moment! ha!

My son had his last basketball game yesterday and even though they didn't play well, they won, so they were undefeated for the year. It was a great experience for him, not just because they won, but because he had such an awesome coach. That was so great! The guy really cared for the kids. It is such an amazing thing to see, coming from a 23 year old! He's a student teacher right now and I am so glad he chose that field. He'll be great.

I got a lot of running around done yesterday. Today is cleaning day, so that will be a thrill. not! But, we have a new bookkeeper for my husband's business and she likes to come to her customers' houses to do the work, so I feel the pressure!

Other than that, I won't be doing much. It snowed a little last night. Darn! After having a 65 degree day yesterday, it is hard to see it go back to the 40's today. At least it wasn't a lot of snow.

Have a good rest of the weekend!
Old 03-03-2008, 03:41 AM   #1020  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

It is nice to be home. I spent a few hours going room to room and getting odds and ends done. Two loads of laundry tomorrow and I will be all caught up . I didn't even get a thank you. Well, that is ok. That isn't what it was all about. Hubby said that is it. He was madder than a wet hornet and said enough is enough. I even did good with my eating. For the whole 3 days I am only 2 over on the carbs I allow myself. I feel in control, I feel strong, I feel proud. See you all have been busy. Hope you had sometime to have a nice weekend. I was telling the hubby I want to go back to work part time. I want to put the money into the " I want a new porch fund " lol. He said that was fine but I had to quit helping every Tom, Dick and Becky that wanted me to do something for them. It was one or the other. lol He is very worried I am going to get sick again. Because I am pre menopausal I don't sleep sometimes. I can go a few days with 2 or 3 hours sleep. I haven't been sleeping enough again. I really hate when he puts his foot down lol.
Closed Thread