40-Something Chat Thread - Page 77 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #1141  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Dena, See, we do care. Hang in there girl.

I'm feeling much better today even though the weather is crap. I finally got a good nights sleep. That makes all the difference in the world. I've got housework I should be doing, but I'm holding off for a bit and going to do 2 miles on the TM and then check out a new yoga dvd I got. My youngest daughter has a "little" play this morning in music class. I'm hoping to walk with a friend afterwards. The sky would have to clear a great deal before then though. That's why I'm going to get busy now. Easter's a coming, but my house is mostly company clean. Yippy!!! My weight had been down, but it popped up again today. No surprise. I've been feeding this miserable cold for days now. That's why I'm so thankful I slept well last night. Maybe I can get back on track myself again. I didn't get to drop my ticker last month I really want to this month. I'm rambling. Have an awesome Tuesday!!
Old 03-18-2008, 01:25 PM   #1142  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Clyde: I hadn't seen that opening day was against the Cards. I'll stick with my Rockies! Gotta love opening day! My son has baseball tryouts on Saturday, so that will be starting soon, too. I am glad!

I've been fighting another cold. I thought I was done with this stuff, but here it is again. I had a terrible time sleeping last night, so I am really dragging today. Oh well, I'll survive this, too.

I just realized that I missed my weigh-in day yesterday. I felt like crap yesterday, so it didn't even register with me to weigh in. I haven't had the best of times with losing weight lately. I just wish I could get in a better routine with exercise. I keep fighting this tailbone injury from so long ago. I go to Phys Therapy again tonight, so we'll see what she says. It needs to get better!

Sounds like we've all struggled lately (well, except for Clyde!!). Hang in there everyone. I know I need to take it one day at a time, one minute at a time, etc. Once I get on a roll, I do much better, but until then I just have to "fake it until I make it"!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #1143  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Slash
Sometimes I feel bad because people seem to have a hard time with this journey from time to time. I never have a hard time. To me is just something I do everyday. My only problem happens when I just don't see in the mirror what everyone else sees and that gets me down a bit. I am sorry you aren't feeling well again. This flu that is going around is really a kick in the butt kind. People seem to get rid of it and then get it back. Please take care of yourself.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #1144  

S/C/G: 170/155/120

Height: 5' 5''

Hello and Happy Tuesday to all you lovely ladies! The weather here is gorgeous today.

Today is the 2nd day of my journey to 35 lbs weight loss. I made it through day one consuming no more than 1300 calories. Unfortunately, exercise was once again nonexistent. I am going to try and weigh myself only 1x/week...on Mondays. Every morning I want to step on the scale, but I get so frustrated if the numbers haven't dropped and then I want to eat.

I am going to visit family and friends in Las Vegas at the end of May. Do you all think it is realistic to lose about 20 lbs by then?

I have tried to put up a ticker, but I can't seem to figure out how. I have followed the directions but still it doesn't work. I am so bummed.

Have a good day.

Dena
Old 03-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #1145  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Dena you need to have 30 posts or be a member 30 days to have a ticker.

Go and post on a few threads and get your post count up.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #1146  
Rennie

dd
Stop weighing yourself everyday. Weight does fluctuate and it can fluctuate by a few lbs sometimes. Pick a day every week or two and do a weigh in then.
I don't think you have been at the site long enough or made enough posts for a ticker yet. Just give it a little time.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #1147  

Oh...I didn't realize that I needed to post a certain amount before getting a ticker. That's good to know. I hope it works for me when the time is ready. I have tried it on other forums and still couldn't get it up and running.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:17 PM   #1148  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

Hi there -- sorry it's been a few weeks since I posted. Have been extremely busy working and working out. But I have been reading all the posts and am glad to see everyone is doing well. Got good news -- down another pound. This makes 8 and I'm almost half way to my goal of 18 lbs.

Still kickboxing twice weekly and working out the other days at home either on the treadmill, rowing machine or using the kickboxing dvd's that I have bought. Really looking forward to Spring though when I can get outdoors inline skating. The weather here is still awful. It rained all day today but at least it will melt some of the snow we still have on the ground which I figure is about 1 foot. The snowbanks are probably 3-4 feet tall. Not much else happening with me. We are just starting to plan the inline skating races wer are going to and it looks like we have at least 3 events we plan to attend -- Chicago IL, Duluth MN & Montreal PQ. There is a few local events we will compete in as well.

Gotta run --- but want to say Welcome to all the newcomers!!

Chris

Old 03-18-2008, 10:44 PM   #1149  
Rennie

Chris
Nice going on the weight loss. It is the time of year for yucky weather all over lol.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:22 PM   #1150  
One pound at a time.

The ammount of rain we've had it looks like I have an in-ground olympic size swimming pool at the back of my house.

Last edited by Clydegirl; 03-18-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:22 AM   #1151  

Height: 5'7"

hello, I am new to the 40 something board. I have been posting on others for a while now. I have been counting calories for 8 weeks and I have lost 25.6pounds and hit my easter goal!
I am a mom to 3 young adults. My youngest is a senior in high school. I run an in home day care. I keep 3 toddlers ages 24 months,23months and 21 months. I should be skinny from just chasing them.lol
Its rained so much here that school is cancelled today. I woke up this morning at a little before 4 am with my daughter screaming MOM...we have a flood in our basement. We had several inches of standing water. It is a finished basement:O(
The water has now drained out ...but everything is soaked. GOOD thing we have a shop vac.
debi
Old 03-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #1152  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi Debi! Welcome! I think I have seen your name on other threads. Glad you joined us over here!

Chris! Good to see you again! Congrats on the weightloss!

Sorry to hear about all the rain everywhere! That stinks! You would think that we could all make it to spring soon! I know I'm ready.

Still coughing here... My muscles in my chest and back are starting to hurt! I'm not looking for sympathy, just irritated by this round of sickness. It isn't as bad as the last time, so hopefully it will go away soon!

Oh, almost forgot to mention TBL. I missed the first hour, but loved the new styles for everyone. They all look amazing. Dan, my man, had a good week. I hope he can make it to the end. Unfortunately, the women are going away...

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Slashnl; 03-19-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #1153  
One pound at a time.

Hi Debie welcome.

Diane I hope you feel better. Have you seen a doc?

Biggest Loser last night. I thought that Kelly and Ali looked amazing. Brittany in that dress wow. I got choked up when Ali saw the dress Tim Gunn picked out for her. What about the extra sodium. I wonder if that backfired on her. Those boys are very emotional wonder if they're taking the women's vitamins. They had a big opportunity to vote out Jay wonder if they will regret it next week.

It's still raining the water in the backyard has gone down.

Stay dry.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #1154  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Diane, Good luck at baseball try outs. Everyone on TBL did look awesome. I have to admit I was glad to see Britaney go. Just a big whine fest from her most weeks. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. We are finally all on the mend here. Just a little congestion left. Hope you're feeling better by Easter.

Great job Chris. Nice to hear from you.

Debi, Sorry to hear about your basement. Hopefully the water didn't do any lasting damage. Great job on hitting your Easter goal.

Clyde, Too bad it doesn't warm up quik. You could have a pond party for Easter.

It's sunny and beautiful here today. I've worked a couple hours already and shouldn't have to go in anymore today. Our local FFA kids sold flats of strawberries so I'm making strawberry pie today. Plan to walk with a friend at 2 and am going to share a pie with her family. Her son has been experiencing some bullying at school that escalated on Mon. I'm old fashion and still believe sweets make ya feel better. It's not raining here. My complaint is the box elder bugs. I have to keep my vacuum in the livingroom so I can suck them off my windows. Yuck!!! My weight's in check. I must've finally gotten rid of the water from all my corned beef and cabbage on Mon. We have a busy night at church tonight. I have to go in at 5pm and bake bread with my youngest son. He'll be celebrating 1st communion tomorrow night. It makes it special when the class makes the bread. They each make a small loaf and score a cross into it. At 6pm DD has to be measured for her confirmation robe and have a short class. 7pm DD and I have choir practice. Which will probably go quite late as the songs we are singing Thurs and Sun have not progressed the way they should have yet....blah, but at least the sun is shining, the robins are back, and I'm walking with a friend. All in all that's a good day.
Hope you all are having a good day as well.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:07 PM   #1155  

Good Wednesday morning! It's another fresh start to a new day for me. I did really well yesterday...until evening arrived. Then, I BINGED. I told myself that I wouldn't eat past dinner, which was at 6:30. But, while watching my absolute favorite show American Idol, I ended up eating 2 bowls of cereal...Lucky Charms mind you. Not even healthy cereal. Today I haven't yet eaten anything, but it's still only 9 am. I plan to eat my Fiber One cereal with a little Psyllium Husk powder added to it for breakfast. Oh yeah, let's not forget the teaspoon of flaxseed oil too. I have had my one cup of plain black coffee and 16 oz of water and last but not least, I have exercised for 20 minutes. I plan to get another 40 minutes in later today. As far as trying to combat my compulstion to eat after dinner, I plan to buy a 1000 piece puzzle and work on it to keep my mind off food. I hope it works!

Have a great day fellow 40- somethings.

Dena
Closed Thread