Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 08:49 AM   #991  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I only saw the last 45 minutes of TBL last night. Made me cry. I'm glad that Mark gave in and went home only because I thought that he is so close to a good weight and he has motivation to do it himself. It's good to see men so sensitive and caring about each other. My husband rolls his eyes on that stuff, but I don't think he realizes how amazing it is that they've done so well. He doesn't have a weight problem, so he doesn't always get it. And he's definitely not the sensitive type. I noticed that they are going to combine the teams and I think that will be good. It needs to be individual now. I guess they want to win the final prize, but as far as I can see, no one really loses in this game.

Yesterday was busy. Meeting in the morning, then walking at lunch, work overload in the afternoon, leave early for phys therapy, pick up son from practice, go to band concert, fly home. Whew! Today should be better. I woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday.... yep, you wish!

Rennie: Sorry to hear about your snow. I noticed that on the news last night, we're supposed to have a low 50's week, but on the weekend, it could snow. Someday it has to end.......

Lovn: It's the muscle keeping the weight the same. It's always the muscle!! Soon you'll have buns of steel! Oh, and I like the acronym for frog. I'll remember that one!

Kappy: That sounds like where I work. Nothing is done until it becomes a huge repair. The company that I work for is either going to buy the building or we'll move into a new building. I like where this one is, so I'm hoping they buy it and then keep up on maintenance.

Clyde: How'd you like TBL last night?

Chris, Jane, Rainbow, Ward: How's it going?
Old 02-27-2008, 09:42 AM   #992  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning girls.

Hi Diane I was wondering if I was going to have to do a play by play for the show

I watched it late last night. Glad to see Mark go home he doesn't have much weight to lose. He seems very controling of his brother. Those boys last night were so emotional.

The black team are annoying me with their "It's not fair they're so much bigger than us." mentality. They've done well with their weigh-ins so far.

Good to see they're going to be playing as individuals.

I would like to see Roger win.

Kappy think Kegels. Also it's good exercise running up and down all those stairs.

Lovn I also volunteer, it seems to get more each week. I do enjoy the company. I never thought about having wine and cheese while watching the show . I'm more likely to have a cup of tea.

Shy soon we will be complaining about the heat.

Got to go I have physio this morning. Diane what are you going to physio for? Sorry that sounds a bit nosey.

Then I am going out with a friend for lunch. Will report back later. We're going to a tea-room
Old 02-27-2008, 11:39 AM   #993  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Diane, It's funny how you mention your hubbies take on TBL. I was just saying to my hubby last night how surprised I am at his level of involvement in this seasons show. He's always been understanding and let me watch, but he's never had any interest. He's always played video games or watched something else on another set. This season he knows the players as well as I do LOL I think it's so funny. He too has never had a weight problem, unless you consider being too thin a problem! Maybe we're just closer and he's taking more of an interest just because I am. That's something I'll have to explore. I like Roger, but I'm all about Jay winning. I want him to show Mark that he's an adult who doesn't need big brother always showing him the ropes or protecting him. In the beginning I was all about it finally being a woman loser, but none of the women have won my heart, but the season isn't over someone may win my heart yet!!

Clyde, oooo a tea house. That sounds fun. I've never been anywhere that tea has been the focus. At my local coffee shop the girk makes an awesome chai. The spices are just right...she adds honey and I ask for a little steamed milk to top it off mmmmm yummy!

I have some stuff done, but more to do. I love these days when I'm busy at home. I keep my computer running and just bop back and forth from my "to do" to my computer to check in on the rest of the world. Youngest son has his first "First Communion" class tonight. That should be fun.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:02 PM   #994  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

lovn
I do the same thing, back and forth to the computer lol.

Clyde
YES I will lol. Well, never know I am sure thinner than I was last summer so hopefully that will help with the heat. Who am I kidding lol sure not myself. I hated the summer even when I was a tiny baggie person lol.

Slash
We are going to warm up a bit on Sunday which will be nice.

I don't watch the show you all watch. Think I watched part of one episode when it first came out and I really didn't like how they treated each other through the show or at the end of the show when someone was getting tossed off.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #995  
nearly indestructible

S/C/G: 241/117/160

Height: 5'9

I am still on the mend here. Today was my daughter's first day back at school after missing 5 days. I managed to sleep most of the day.

I saw my transplant doctor yesterday as I now have some kind of mouth infection They aren't sure if it is viral or if my body is rejecting my cells. All I feel like eating are smoothies or ICEEs. I have blisters all inside of my mouth & it's very unfun. Hopefully they will figure it out soon.

The picture in Austin went well. We had a great time and I was pretty tired, but it was wonderful to get us all together at one time.

Today is my two year anniversary (aka my new birthday) of my stem cell transplant. I'm very excited to hit this important mark in my life.

Hope y'all are well. I'll check in again soon. Just haven't been online much.

Hugs,
JZ
Old 02-27-2008, 05:34 PM   #996  
Rennie

Jane
Sorry you are haveing problems. That has to be very painfull. Glad to see you are at your two year mark. You have to be very happy.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #997  
One pound at a time.

Jane hope your mouth feels better soon. It must be very uncomfortable.

Your 2 year anniversary I'm sure you appreciate every year. Here's to many more.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #998  
One pound at a time.

I had a lovely lunch at the tea-room. It was all very civilised. All ladies eating out. I had a sandwich with a salad very nice. Then we had some tea with a piece of cake, which they cut in half for us so we didn't pig out. I do enjoy my tea hot all year round.

Nice place to go different from the usual chains.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:18 AM   #999  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

JZ, I hope you're feeling better soon.

Hi Rennie!

Clyde, did you get out with a good friend or a family member? It sounds like you had a very nice time. I'm happy for you.

I got a lot of things accomplished yesterday and had a very nice time at church last night. Good food, good lesson with DS, and choir practice went well again. My DD did a skit with another friend in church last night. They did the 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread story, but it was funny. My DD did so well. She was the goofy to the other girl's straight. The skit rounded out with a nice message and everyone really appreciated it. Today will be all about housework and walking three miles on the TM.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:24 AM   #1000  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, y'all.

Jane, I hope you are feeling better.

My daughter and I both have the flu now. She has been out of school since Monday; I just went to the doc yesterday. We are all taking tamiflu so I hope it passes quickly. Yesterday I barely got off the couch the whole day. I have lost a few pounds; it's not worth it, though.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:44 AM   #1001  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Jane: Sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope it gets better soon. And congrats on the 2 years!

Ward: If your flu is like what we have had going around here, it is a bad one! Hopefully it doesn't last too long!

Clyde: My physio is related to an injury I had 3 or 4 years ago, when I was thrown off a horse. I didn't break anything, but moved my tailbone and hip out of whack. I had gone to physio at that time and it was better, but I think I re-injured it. Now I'm getting it back to where it is supposed to be.

Should be another nice day here. I went walking yesterday and it was nice out there. My back hurt a little, but walking is good for strengthening those muscles, so I need to keep going.

See you all later!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #1002  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

Hey Everyone ... just another quick check in. Down another pound this morning, thank goodness.

Slash - thanks for asking about me.

Jane - keep your spirits up. They'll figure it out soon and then you'll be on the mend.

Ward - hope you get better soon. I got a flu shot in October and thus far it has seemed to work.

Clydegirl - that lunch sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't been out to lunch with girlfriends in quite a while. I really must organize a luncheon.

Lovnmom - how did your son's first communion class go?

Kappy -- have they fixed the rest rooms yet?? Some companies are unbelievable.

Rainbow -- where are you?????

That's all for now -- take care everyone -- will check in again soon.

Chris
Old 02-28-2008, 03:31 PM   #1003  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls

Just wanted to pop in and say have a wonderful day.... your all very special

Leenie
Old 02-28-2008, 04:29 PM   #1004  
Rennie

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Thought I would pop in and say hi. Getting things finished up. I am leaving in the morning sometime to go take care of a friend who is getting out of the hospital in the morning from having a hysterectomy done. If you don't hear from me until Sunday night don't worry I will be home sometime Sunday.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-28-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #1005  
One pound at a time.

Evening girls it's been a busy day.

My weigh-in and I lost 1.5lbs that's 12lbs since new year.

Lovn I went out with a friend, unfortunately I have no family here. My family are all in Scotland.

Shy enjoy your time with your friend I'm sure she will love having you there.

Rainbow has gone missing again.

Diane those physio's can stretch you in many ways. I always feel so much better when I leave after treatment.

I have to go it's Survivor, Lost and American Idol night.
Closed Thread