40-Something Chat Thread - Page 78 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #1156  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

dd
Good idea about the puzzle. I do hook rugs and other things. When the hands are busy. They can't be putting food into the mouth. Maybe it isn't a good idea to tell yourself no eating after dinner. Maybe a better idea is to look at what you have had for the day, what do you still need to eat to get the required amounts of the four basic food groups eaten and then fill your evening with good foods that you need to have for a healthy body.

lovn
Sounds like you have a bunch of fun planned. Have fun.

Slash
Darn, sorry you aren't feeling well.

Deb
Hello. Wow that is a great deal of weight in such a short period of time. Nice going. Don't we wish cleaning house and running after kids kept us skinny lol. Sorry to hear about your basement. What was your daughter doing up at 4 am lol.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #1157  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning girls.

My weigh in and I'm up half a pound. No surprise we ate out all last weekend.

My girls are on spring break today, tomorrow and Monday. They started arguing last night!

We're supposed to have a softball game today but it may be cancelled due to all the rain.

Last edited by Clydegirl; 03-20-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:59 PM   #1158  
Rennie

Clyde
I am sorry your kids are on spring break lol. We call it a break when they go BACK to school lol. Our rain turned to snow. I bet we got an inch yesterday.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #1159  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Clyde: I can so relate to what you are saying about your kids arguing already. Wish I couldn't relate. ha!

Well, I went to the doctor today and found out that I have pneumonia. Ok... so why can't I just get a cold like everyone else???? Anyway, I'm on antibiotics now and lots of rest. In fact, I'm heading over to the couch right after I post this.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #1160  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hey everybody, My kids only get Fri and Mon off so I was free to get some last minute shopping done today. My girlfriend bailed for our walk so I've gotten more things accomplished today than I had planned to. I should have walked though, because they're predicting 6-10 inches of snow for us starting tonight. Today it's beautiful and obver 40 degrees. It just seems so unfair for more snow to come. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will miss us. Baking bread was fun last night and choir went really well. One song requires a split of the sopranos 1st Sops go to a high F while 2nd sops only go to D. Needless to say the F is way to high for us oldies unless we're practicing A LOT. DD was able to be at practice last night and hitting the F is nothing for her. It added so much and made those few measures that much more beautiful. I'm so glad she's willing to sing in the adult choir! My weight is holding steady for a 1 pound loss this month. I can live with that. Well, gotta go.
Hope you all have a great day and evening!

Diane, so sorry to hear you've pneumonia. I hope the antibiotics kick in real quick DS is gonna need his #1 fan there at tryouts. Take care.

Last edited by lovnmom; 03-20-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:50 PM   #1161  
One pound at a time.

Diane I hope you feel better soon.

Lots of rest and TLC.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:10 AM   #1162  
Rennie

Slash
I am so sorry to hear you are so sick. It isn't fun. I had it 8 years in a row. Got to the point I was never well. Please please please. Take care of yourself. Take it easy and get plenty of rest and please eat. Even when you don't feel like it. The body needs the energy food gives.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #1163  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Default woohoo!!! down below 150 for the first time in months

I think i'm on a roll now!!!!!

finally hit something below 150! 149!!!

I'm soo excited I now feel like i really CAN do this!

C.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #1164  
One pound at a time.

Well done Cat.

You can do it.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #1165  
Diane

Woo hoo, Cat! Good for you.

Lovn: It is definitely time for the snow to be done. I am sorry that you might be looking at some more. Crazy. Hopefully, you'll have a really nice spring very soon.

Rennie: You had pneumonia 8 years in a row? Wow. I wonder what causes a cough to go into pneumonia? I have been a little frustrated with this, trying to figure out what I am doing wrong that I have been sick so much this winter. I hate to think it is an age thing because I really don't think that 44 is that old. I was just disappointed because I had so many things I wanted to do this weekend. It looks like that won't happen. But, I am taking it really easy.

We now have 6 baby geese in my house. We didn't hatch these, we bought them at the feed store. Cute little babies!! We hope that we're getting the breed that we wanted, but it is hard to tell at this age. Fuzzy little peeps!
Old 03-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #1166  
Rennie

Slash
I was sick for so long they put a name plate over a chair at the docs office with my name on it. Was how I gained all this weight. They kept pumping me full of meads so I could breath. Doc finally said if you don't get better you are going to die. I said well with those two choices think I will get better lol. Oh I bet the geese are to darn cute. I had a touch of sinus trouble but that is the only thing I have had this year " knock on wood " it is nice to be healthy again lol. I really don't know how one goes from a bit of a cough to being down right at deaths door. I just could never get better was my problem. I would just about be well and then get sick again.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:47 AM   #1167  
Diane

Ok, enough of my sick talk. I made it through a whole night in my own bed without having to move to the couch! It's getting better, so I'm not going to talk about it anymore.

Yes, the geese are so sweet. They are a complete mess, though. They like to play in their water, not just drink it, so they are constantly messy. But, they're really cute.

Today is my son's baseball tryouts. It isn't a tryout to make a team in particular, this is just a tryout for the coaches prior to their "draft" day. Then you know what team you are on. I still hope he does well. It makes him happier that way!

We're having some nice weather now. I hope it stays around. I can't believe how far behind my tulips are. Normally they are in full bloom by now, but they are just barely coming out of the ground now.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 03-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #1168  

S/C/G: 245/245/140

Height: 5'4

Question

Hello all--
I just joined, am feeling a little hopeless after battling weight for 30 or so years (am 45). Just gained back 40+ lbs after keeping it off for a few years. I am headed back to the low refined carbs, good proteins and veggies eating plan and am afraid I won't follow through. Anyone been here before and found your way out?
Congrats to all for the successes outlined here.

Last edited by Chunky Lesbian; 03-22-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #1169  
One pound at a time.

Hi girls.

chunky. I still have a long way to go. You will have a lot of support on here.

We went to see "Horton Hears A Who" today. It was good we all enjoyed it.

Brrr it's cold today. Haven't seen many bulbs coming up around here.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:33 PM   #1170  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey all, I'm BACK! Had a fantastic week away, thank you very much. I was felt a bit bad for the ladies from Wisconsin and Utah, wearing shorts last week to get on a plane to go home to more snow.

I'm way behind on all the updates, I had over 300 e-mails when I got home. Weeded out all the junk, but man it's hard to find the time to get through the rest. So for everybody who posted losses, congrats. Diane, get better! Sometimes it's not what you do, it's what germs you come into contact with. If you're already compromised it sure doesn't take much to push you over into something major. I didn't lose, but I didn't gain either. Until I got home and got back to drinking more water! Oh, well. This too shall pass.

Hope everybody has a great day!
Closed Thread