40-Something Chat Thread - Page 64 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:42 PM   #946  
This time it's for ME!

S/C/G: SW/172 CW/159 GW/145

Height: 5' 7.5"

Thanks Clyde! I will.

It's nice to know what others in the same age group are going through.

I think it's important to share our successes as well as failures so we can learn from each other.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #947  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

OMG...Lovn...how ADORABLY CUTE ARE YOU!!! You look amazing in red! and those red earrings...ooooohlala....i love them! Now...a pound down is one les spound you are having to lug around...so don't dismiss even one pound! I lvoe your positive attitude!! Don't let that motivation slip!! YOU can do it...you CAN make some time somewhere in that busy schedule for just you...maybe it might be ten tiny things, like parking a further distance from your community projects...taking the steps...doing laundry and putting one thing away at a time...getting more steps in...or be like me, on the nights I watch TV...(American Idol, Survivor and Grey's Anatomy fan here) ...I enjoy bugging out in front of the tube...BUT...I make myself do SOMETHING during every commercial...and those commercials are getting longer and longer!! Step aerobics to commercials are hilarious! And I also grab a sip of water too...its amazing how much water you can drink during a show full of commercials. haha Stay focused...we can do this together! KUDOS to your family for the Klondike Challenge! AWESOME to finish over an hour ahead! WOW!!!

thanks for sharing your pic...it is now going into my friendship passport!

Lenee... Glad you are back...I also find this site to be uplifting and motivational as well...stick around this time and let's get you back where you were...we all need a "vacation" from time to time...so proud you recognize that its time to get back on track...way to go!

Slash...I know I know....<holding my hand out to be smacked!!> I also get teary-eyed every time I watch the Biggest Loser. I want that kind of success!! WE will ALL get that success!

Hi Kappy I'm so sorry you have to deal with such pain. I am fortunate that even though I am obese, I am healthy. I have baffled drs for years. I have perfect blood pressure and my cholesterol is 124. Imagine that! I had a complete physical and a stress test in Dec. because Nigel was worried about me exercising...and I said to the new Dr. (because I have moved) yep I know I'm fat! He said after the results came back, well, I cant fuss at you too much...you are very healthy...but....if you don't get that weight off you may be on a walker by the time you are 50. YIKES! That motivated me.

Jane....wow...I love what you added in your post...I printed that out to put into my purse...and one copy for the fridge! Thanks for reminding all of us that taking time for ourselves is the best gift we can give our families.

Ward...omg...your children are just as sweet as can be...I can see they get that gorgeous smile from their mother! It sure makes me miss my four who are grown!

EvilWoman...KUDOS AND TO YOU FOR YOUR MAINTENANCE!! Thanks for sharing that...I am a newbis and didn't know you...but am so thankful because it gives me hope that maybe this time next year, I can be closer to my goal. I LOVE your fantastic attitude as well! CHEERSSSS

Lola...WAY TO GO on getting in 2 miles on the TM...and running one! woohoooo I can't walk much right now because I'm too heavy, but I can ride my bike and I love it! Keep up the great job on the TM...and welcome back. I just recently moved from Centerville Ohio...back to SC. Ohio is pretty and I loved visiting Holmes County and seeing the Amish.

SNOW...yikes! I'm so glad I'm in the sunny south...this afternoon I sat with my legs dangling in the pool...almost time to be swimming again! soon, oh so soon.

Hi Rennie....how goes things with you??? Seriously! Let's talk...GF2GF! And I'm still waiting for that pic you promised
hugsssssssssssssss

Clyde...100 easter baskets! wow thats a lot! I think they all look so cute wrapped in that cellophane.

Chris I am in AWE of you!! I would soooooo love to do kickboxing!! and 33 years!! FABULOUS! I was married 21 years...before the divorce! haha Now, I am re-married (after 5 years of flying solo) and working on year 1!!! What a testament your commitment and devotion is in your marriage. That is a beautiful thing....just like you!

well....i went out today and rode my bike 7 miles...and funny thing is....i wonder what people think when they pass me in their cars...and my first thought was that they think negative...about me...probably saying...yeah, she NEEDS to be riding!! then i thought about it a bit, while riding...
I wonder what the demographics are of the peoples thoughts....
maybe these were some thoughts of those passing me by...
1. Yeah she NEEDS to be riding that bike!
2. I wish I had the guts to get out and ride a bike like that
3. How come we never go bike riding dear?
4. I need to be doing what she is doing.
5. well at least she is trying.
6. Good for her...look at her go!
7. mom...can we go bike riding today?
you just never know what influence you can be on someone...when you don't even know it.
Hope everyone goes out today and makes a difference!
cheers
rainbowsmiles
Old 02-20-2008, 04:33 PM   #948  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

JaneZoe please, please, please put several of those disposable masks in your purse! You're still too fragile to mess around with these people and their germs. When I'm hacking my head off I know it's allergy related, you have no way to know that. Better safe than sorry later. Don't fret about the gym, work on getting healthier, the gym can wait. What's another week?

Rainbow, how you doing today? You are correct, some folks cannot stop with the doom and gloom, pessimistic thinking. Boy do they ever get upset when it is suggested perhaps a change of attitude might help! I have a couple of co-workers I had to cut off, I just could not deal with their hourly crisis crap. It just never ended, they were sucking me dry. WE missed you. When in doubt, or emotional pain, come on back to us. We love hearing from you, and I don't care what your ticker says about how far you have to go. This is for 40 somethings, you belong!

Lovn you got brave enough to post a picture? Good for you, girl! I'm no help on sizing it, but I know we have folks here who will help you out. I'll have to go check out that picture. Funny story, my Grandfather died during winter in Indiana. My dad, brother and sister went back for the services. My cousin walked into her mom's house (my aunt) and announced that there were two insane idiots out taking a walk in the snow/cold. To which my aunt replied those were no ordinary idiots, those were her cousins from California who thought it would be fun to walk in the snow. Needless to say it took the rest of the afternoon/evening to warm those two back up again!

Lenee, welcome. Glad to have you join us!

Chris, "skategirl"? Ice or roller? I like the sound of that class you do. Is this an extra class through the academy, or included in the regular fees? My gym doesn't offer any classes, just the weights, cardio machines, and personal trainers. I miss the classes, sometimes they add the fun and the personality the machines just don't have.

Gotta get back to the job . . . hope you all have a fab day!
Old 02-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #949  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey Kappy ... these classes are apart from the Tae Kwon Do classes. She offers 20 classes per month for $35.00. You can attend however many you want. It's a great deal. Where I live the going rate for this is about $60 per month. The skating is inline -- all wheels in a row. It's actually speedskating much like you see the ice people do only on wheels. It's quite a workout and we have met skaters from all over the world at the different events. We've even met and skated with some members of our Cdn Olympic ice team -- they skate inline in the off season to stay in shape. It's pretty amazing.
Gotta run -- need to get dinner going early as I have a kickboxing class tonight.

Chris

Rainbow Smiles -- just wanted to say "Glad you are back". Missed your upbeat and positive attitude. Don't be in awe of the kickboxing, just get out there and try it. Or if you don't want to go somewhere rent a DVD at the Library to give it a try. It's really a lot of fun

Last edited by Chris; 02-20-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:57 PM   #950  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Welcome Lenee64, I'm glad you quit lurking and stopped on over. There are so many terrific women here.

Susan, You're way too sweet. That was my splurge top and ear rings after dropping the weight LAST YEAR. Most of it came back, but I'm wearing it again. All is good. Thank you so much. Great job riding that bike. I can not waite until I get out on mine again. That's a terrific attitude. You can bet most people were envious of your ambition and energy.

I did get on my TM and do 6 miles today. I hated it, but I am more sane. I also took some pictures of the snow and a really cute one of a squirrel on top of the corn bin. It's a huge steel bin. The squirrel has figured out if he climbs, way up, there is a vent he can sneak into and snitch corn. So cute. Maybe I'll send it to the local newspaper.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:40 PM   #951  
This time it's for ME!

S/C/G: SW/172 CW/159 GW/145

Height: 5' 7.5"

Awwww

Rainbowsmiles, kappy & lovn.........

Thanks for making me feel so welcome. I feel all warm and cozy inside!

Y'all have a good evening and take good care of yourselves.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:36 PM   #952  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Rainbow
Like I told you in your thread and said to you privately. You were right, don't worry about the doom and gloomers. I try to be positive too. Just the kind of person I am. I like to make people laugh and feel good about them selfs.

Saying that. I haven't been around because an elderly lady across the way fell and since her husband is to old to help her much. I am over there all the time the last couple of days. HEY I will be old someday and just might need someone to help me. Hope everyone is well. Will try to post more tonight if I am not to tired.

My daughter informed me not to worry, when I get old she is going to put my sister and myself in her basement. We can share a mattress and she will ALSO give us a sock to share to cover up with. I said what do you mean 1 sock. She just smiled and said something about not wanting to spoil us lol.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:30 AM   #953  

Rennie, How nice that you are there for your neighbor. I bet they feel very blessed. Your DD is too cute...I wonder where she got the, "I wouldn't want to spoil you," line from? Hmmmm, mother? I see you've added another smiley. Great job!!!

The last few days have been some busy ones. Choir practice at church went great last night. It's funny how so often I don't feel like going to practice. I have a number of excuses, it's WAY below zero, CSI is on, DS needs help with his homework, etc... but then I go and I always feel so good after. It's all the connectedness. None of the people in the group are "good" friends of mine. We attend the same church and care for each other's well being, but as far as getting together outside of church? That's a very rare occasion, but when we're there, together, making a joyful noise, it can't be beat. It's kind of like exercise. I don't want to do that either, but afterwards I just feel so darn good...I actually get another date night tonight! Thats 2 in 6 days. Tonight's is a district dinner for Scout leaders so nothing fancy, but it is a meal I don't have to cook and DH and I are going. You know, these Scout functions are kind of like church and exercise. Most Scout leaders avoid them. They feel it's another thing they don't have time for or they won't know anyone there, etc..but the get togethers are always a blast and I come back refreshed and ready to lead the youth of my area into being more than they were. So, here's to us "the glass is half full gals." Life is full of choices, either you live it or you don't. I choose to have fun with it!
Old 02-21-2008, 10:29 AM   #954  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

It's a mess out there. Snow, sleet and ice. I hate driving in this weather. Slow, slow that's me.

Well I'm down 2.5lbs today. That's 10.5lbs since new year.

Rainbow riding your bike 7 miles wow good for you. My behind would be sore if I did that.

Shy how nice of you to take care of your neighbour. They must really appreciate all your help.

I have to go brave the elements speak to you later.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #955  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Good job, Clyde! I'm impressed with your weight loss already this year. You are really doing a great job.

Welcome Lenee! Glad to have you posting here!

Rennie, you are an awesome neighbor. I wish you lived near me!!

Rainbow: Awesome job on the bike riding. What I really think people are saying is that you make them feel guilty for not doing the same thing! More power to you.

As for me, I have to be honest here. I am trying to find the desire again to really get back on track. I was doing great, but then I was sick for about 3 weeks and I have yet to get it back together. I can't stand the weather right now, but that shouldn't be stopping me from getting out and getting some exercise. My eating hasn't been really bad, but not as disciplined as before. I guess I got so far off track that I'm having trouble coming back. I'm disappointed in myself for not being more motivated and disciplined. I know that I need to take it back to the beginning again and go with my "one day, one hour, one minute at a time" approach. That worked before, so I need to get going again. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in the depths of depression or anything, I'm just struggling to get back in line. I'm thinking that if I admit it openly, maybe I can move past it now. We're still having snow/rain today, but maybe I can get a quick walk in anyway. Usually by now, we're starting to get tulips and other early spring flowers pushing up, but we've had so much winter weather, that it is just all delayed. Not being a winter person makes it all more frustrating to me.

Enough whining though. I'm going to work through this! I know that you all understand and have been in this spot, too. I'll keep getting my inspiration from you all!
Old 02-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #956  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

slash
Sometimes I wish I didn't live by anyone lol. Sometimes it can be very hard. I see many people going Thur what you are going Thur right now. All you can really do it get back on the wagon and point those horses in the right direction. Grab the reins girl. You know you can do it.

Clyde
Thank you. No, most around here just call and think I will show up.

Lovn
The glass is always half full. Why look at it any other way? Oh my daughter is a trip. She was standing with her hand on her hip, tapping her foot ( have no idea where she gets that ). Yelling at her brother up the stairs. I could just see her with her own children and it made me laugh. She thinks I am terrible lol. She is either going to be very very strict or very very lenient. You have a busy life but isn't that what life is for, to fill it up with the things that we want to do. Myself I have nothing I have to do anymore lol. I do what I want to do. Ohhhhhhhhhh I can't wait for nice weather so I can play Miss Marple and sit on one of my porches with binoculars and ( bird watch )
Old 02-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #957  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, I went walking at lunch time yesterday even though the weather was kind of cold and nasty. It felt good to get out but it amazes me how much strength goes away during these times of not working out or walking. I can tell that I'm not as strong as I was and it was definitely a struggle yesterday. So, the only way to get past that is to keep pushing, so that's what I'm going to do. Baby steps....

Rennie, we are ready for you to be Miss Marple again. Miss Marple can share some great stories! ha! I love what you say about your daughter, too. Makes me laugh. My 13 year old daughter is very similar to how I was at her age (not always a good thing) and it just makes me chuckle... sometimes!

Well, better go. Have a good day everyone! Yesterday wasn't a very active posting day so you all have lots to talk about today!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #958  

Clyde, Terrific job on the loss!!!! High 5!

Diane, Wonderful, you took the first step of kicking those ole winter blahs to the curb. I know it can feel like a struggle, like it's all so hard to get going again. Hang in there. Post for support. You did it. You got out and got yourself some exercise. You are awesome!!!

Rennie, I can not waite for your bird watching season either. My only neighbors are my MIL and FIL. Not a whole lot of excitement there. I will live through your binocs . Hurry up spring. Don't you have a snowmobile suit you could put on? You must have some "winter birds" to watch lol

I had a good time at the Scout banquet last night. I got what the district executive called an "all star" award. He didn't exactly say what it was for. I think he looked at the guest list and gave one to everyone who wasn't getting some other award LOL I received the highest volunteer Scouting award 2 yrs ago so it was nice to get something anyway LOL My kids thought it was cool, cuz it's a gold star trophy. Any trophy's cool, right? LOL

Have a great day. I'll check back with you all later.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:19 PM   #959  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning girls.

Diane baby steps you can do it. The cold weather doesn't help, you just want to eat warm comfort food. Hang in there soon it will be spring

Lovn you're an all star. It's nice to have your time that you volunteer recognised. I'm sure the scouts appreciate all you do.

Well I'm really ticked off this morning. Our schools had early dismissal yesterday because of the weather. We had the same overnight and they made those kids go in today, the only schools around that had to report. Hubs went to work and he said the roads were not good.

Daughter has another poms competition tomorrow so it will be a busy day

Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #960  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi y'all! I was sidetracked for almost a week from being sick, etc. but I am baaack! Weight is up 4 pounds from "comforting" myself with food and not going to the gym, but I have been back on plan for three days now, and back to the gym twice.

Lovn, congratulations on the award!

Clyde, I hope your kids stay safe.

Have a great week-end everyone!
Closed Thread