40-Something Chat Thread - Page 58 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #856  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Slash
I get plenty of entertainment listening to you all talk about your kids in sports lol.

rainbows
I think coupon books are the best presents. Couple for a back rub, one game with no interruptions, sex. What every would make them happy. No way on the chick flick lol COME ON lets watch SOLDIER nothing nicer than eye candy. Does it get any better than Kurt Russel without a shirt. Darn that man floats my boat lol. wow 10 miles that is so great. Did you legs hurt? I haven't ridden a bike in years. I always say, when they make a bike seat the size of a riding lawn mower seat, I will ride a bike lol. My bum is built for comfort not speed lol. Glad you had a nice dinner. You did really well on your choices. I am so proud of you. You will find more and more the pride that just flows through the body with each good choice.

Clyde
Congrats, they did great.

I went shopping yesterday. I didn't eat before I left BIG NO NO. Oh my gosh things I don't even eat where calling me through out the store. I even got through the register without getting a candy bar or anything. I know people didn't know why but I had a HUGE smile on my face on the way to the car. I was so proud of myself. It makes us all feel good to be in control and I am a control freak lol. Hubby says it is a good thing he saw the bosses job and didn't want it lol. Going to do a once over on the house in a few and then sit and folk laundry and watch tv. Think we are going to watch " The Britta's Empires " today. I love some of the English comedy's.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:26 PM   #857  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone

Good to see that all are doing well. Rainbowsmiles ...congrats on the 7 month anniversary and on the meal and on the 12 mile bike ride. Fantastic!! Did I read correctly ... Nigel proposed to you??? Woowee!!

My week has been pretty good. Not down any weight. I think I'm retaining water and that time is right around the corner. Bummer!! I'm not upset about the lack of weight loss. There is always next week.

Just wanted to check in with everyone and say hey!! I like being a part of this forum and really enjoy reading about everyone's week.

Will write back soon.

Chris
Old 02-11-2008, 01:33 AM   #858  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Chris
Think of no weight loss on the bright side. Might not be water might be muscle
Old 02-11-2008, 08:16 AM   #859  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone
I'm jumping in after the suggestion was made in response to my post in this forum yesterday, hope you don't mind

I've been a member here for a long time... and I'm not *yet* 40, but I'll be 40 in September. I'm a Lifetime Weight Watcher actually, but I gained all my weight back (though I did keep it off for 3 years... until my entire life fell apart, that is...) and I've pretty much been at my current weight (or just under, up and down and up and down) for 3 years now as well.

I struggle with finding my place here at 3FC so I hope you girls don't mind me jumping in here... I'm not really a 30-something anymore...

What else do you want to know?
Old 02-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #860  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Rennie, I once gave my hubby a deck of cards for Christmas. Each card promised some kind of treat for him. 52 cards, 52 weeks in a year, he loved it, but was always nervous the children would find daddy's deck of cards lol Maybe I should give him a new deck for valentine's day hmmmm.

Diane, sounds like you had a great weekend.

I had a post that wouldn't post so Rainbow if I already told you how awesome I think your weekend was, forgive me, but a ten mile bike ride, a yummy in control dinner, swinging with the lover, it's all good. I'm happy for you.

Renee, Welcome! This is an awesome group of women. I never come away feeling unsupported. I hope you will post and share. We all talk about everything from weightloss or lack of to our hobbies and home lives.

My furnace finally caught up around 6pm last night and my house has been toasty ever since. It's still 11 below zero, but the wind has quit and that makes a huge difference. It does mean I'm staring at a lot of miles on the TM which I'm pretty tired of. Oh spring, when will ye come?

Great Monday to you all!
Old 02-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #861  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Thanks for the welcome I think it could take me a little while to learn everyone's names but I'll do my best!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #862  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Helloooooooooo everyone
How is everyone today??? I'm fantastic! Life is good. Love is good! God is good!
I just love coming here...to read posts and have morning tea with my friends.

Chris...We went to the restaurant where he proposed last year....in March. We were later married last year on July 7....one of those 300,000 plus couples who waited for the date 7-7-7 It was great to go back to the same restaurant. At the time, we didn't even live in this state...but we moved here shortly after our honeymoon abroad. I love Charleston.

I tell you, just 3 years ago....after being divorced for a few years....following a 21 year marriage and raising 4 children...I found myself wondering if I'd ever get to that place in life where things would finally come together...I have always been a "happy" sort of person...still, a divorce and several years alone, and rapidly increasing weight gain...left me pondering....am I going to feel this way for the rest of my life?? I decided to stop hiding behind my weight and work and my apartment walls...I changed jobs, quit smoking on the 5th anniversary of 9/11 as a tribute to the fireman and people who lost their lives...(and at the urging of my son who is a fireman) Then after being bugged by my friends who all wanted to set me up on blind dates...I decided to go out on a date....yikes! Then I met Nigel. I wasn't really looking for a relationship. I was scared to love again. I didn't trust. But, I decided to change my way of thinking. I stopped thinking it might never work again for me. Instead, I put all the energy into my life that I needed to make things work. I never picked up another cigarette after that day. Nigel and I became engaged. We were married about a year and a half after we met. I moved to Ohio to support Nigel with his job at the time under the promise that we'd come back south as soon as we could. The new job offer came while we on our honeymoon! We are now living in the city I have dreamed of living in for years. I am married to the most amazing man. Now....I have this one area of my life....the weight....that has become like my albatross...and I hope that this year, will bring the direction I need to finally get that area in control.

Coming to this forum is a great support tool that helps me stay focused and hearing the successes makes me want to keep on trying harder every day. I know that it takes time to post, but ...

I hope YOU ALL realize that what YOU have to say IS IMPORTANT.

You have NO idea, when that one post that YOU add...is the post that makes the difference in someone's life at that very moment.

Thank you all for continuing to post...and for those lurkers out there....please post your thoughts, share your ups and downs...I care!

peace
rainbowsmiles

ps....something has me a bit puzzled...as some of you know I made a little passport of friends...a little booklet with pictures of most of you...as inspiration....and I post here and on the 300 plus threads...and I noticed that most everyone on that thread has a pic of themselves...but most everyone here, does not. Why the difference I wonder?
Old 02-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #863  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Rainbow - I can answer that question about the pictures! At least for me... I have no idea how to download photos or whatever you would do to add them. I'm doing good to have the avatar, signature, and ticker that I do have. Fortunately, that was easy to set up or I wouldn't have that either! ha! I'm not very good at computer related stuff and I honestly don't care to learn. I work on a computer all day, so I avoid it when I'm at home... except for coming here.

Chris - Good to see you again! I didn't lose anything last week either. Oh well. I think mine was more lack of exercise. The weather is restricting me much more than it should. However, it looks like it is going to be better for a week or so at least, so I won't have an excuse much longer. Hang in there!

Renee: Glad you came here to post. I hope that we can help you as you help us! Maybe if you want to unload or vent, you can tell us what all happened to you. I have been amazed that when I have shared even very personal things, there is usually someone who can either relate or can just send a little encouragement. And, yes, even though you aren't 40 yet, you belong here!!

Lovn: Glad you are warmer now! This weather has been really bad for your area of the country. Keep thinking spring and maybe it will actually come!

Rennie: Good job on resisting the temptations at the grocery store. That's tough to do sometimes! You are strong!

Have a good week everyone!
Old 02-11-2008, 03:14 PM   #864  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Morning all! Welcome, Renee. Post where you feel comfortable, that's what is important. Glad you happen to like it here with us!

Rainbow, I swear. Don't know where the heck my brain has been. I had no idea. Four GROWN kids? Good golly. Somehow that just blindsided me. I don't know, with so many of us dealing with the kids still in high school and slightly younger, I just didn't think about it. Well good for you, girl. It is your year, do with it what will make you the most happy.

I have an off topic question that's been bugging me for over a week. I know of several "fashion experts" who will tell you there is NOTHING worse than a visible panty line. Are they kidding? Says who? There is a young, thin lady at the gym. Not fit, mind you. Just thin. Wears her thong and her pretty pink sweat pants. How do I know it's a thong? No, she doesn't roll her waistband down so it shows. Her sweat pants are giving her a wedgie the entire time she's working out. The longer she walks, the deeper into her butt those pink sweats go. About every five minutes or so she has to grab the sweats under her butt checks and pull them out and down . . . now I ask you. Which would you rather see on a daily basis? Panty lines or the outside pant wedgie? Now this gal is no dumbie. She has yet to take a machine that isn't in the front row. LOTS for the guys behind her to watch while they workout! Honestly, I'd rather see the panty line than this show!

Speaking of show -- I finally got a new bra for working out. Did I get one that fastens? Heck no, couldn't find one. It's the standard uniboob, one piece boa constrictor. I'm not as limber as I used to be. And I still weigh wayyyyy tooooo much. YouTube could have a competition for the funniest video of overweight, out of shape women trying to get back out of a freakin' workout bra. It's the most amazing dance of contortion on the planet. I can tell you from experience it helps a lot if you've cooled off and aren't sweaty anymore. What's that? Still damp and want a quick shower? HA! ROTFLOL!!! Ha, ha, ha! Turn on the camera folks, the entertainment is about to begin!! The good news is my "good" bras will last longer, and my girls will benefit from a lot of extra support and protection. The bad news is I'm going to break my neck trying to get out of the blessed thing!
Old 02-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #865  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Diane - I'm not sure you guys really want me to dump all that stuff on you... but I don't mind, I'm a pretty open person!

If anyone wants me to resize a photo of themselves to fit as an avatar, just let me know - I can do it in a flash for you!

My story, in a bit of a nutshell...

I joined WW in 1999 weighing in at 216lbs. It took me 14 months to reach my goal of 154lbs (I know these numbers sound odd, but I normally say my weight in kilos, but I realise it's probably easier for you guys if I speak non-metrically!). Over the coarse of 3 years I maintained my weight, I even went down a bit lower because I was working with a personal trainer at the gym AND I was extremely active, not to mention that my new lifestyle quite suited me and I loved the feeling of being in control.

And then I lost the plot completely. You see, I got married in this period, when I actually should have listened to my heart and NOT gotten married. But I have always been a little "different" and have finally learned I don't have to do things that are "normal" to everyone else to fit in, because it won't work. At the time that my ex asked me to marry him, I now truly believe he did it because he was afraid I was on my way out. And I WAS... but for some reason this desire to be "normal" took over my common sense. And so the downward spiral began. Looking back, I can totally see where I started going off the rails... I was drinking more... not watching my food anymore...stopped going to the gym and spent too much time "partying" and making myself busy with all kinds of people (some good, some bad) just so I wouldn't have to face myself or my husband. Eventually, he got a job transfer to England and I was supposed to go with him, but at the last moment, I backed out and that's how the beginning of the end started.

Right AFTER he left, I lost my job... and I really plummeted then, into a full fledged nervous breakdown. I went on meds for my depression (and got into illegal drugs as well, I can shamefully admit) but I kept drinking myself silly. I pissed off my friends and pretty much lost ALL of them in the space of about 6 months. And yes, I was gaining weight like crazy.

And I shouldn't say I lost all of my friends because there was one that stood by me, the one that had gone through some heavy stuff himself with HIS now ex-wife. I lost my apartment, I couldn't pay my bills, but he was there, through everything. And HE is the one that I am with now because when I started to come out of the fog we became more than friends.

I was unemployed for 6 months and it wreaked complete havoc on my self-esteem, plus the fact that I was fired, plus the fact that I screwed up a LOT of stuff in my life, plus the fact that I was rapidly gaining weight... but eventually, things started to work themselves out.

I am now working at a great company (nearly a year, but AFTER a year and a half of jobs that did NOTHING for my self-esteem), I am in a totally stable relationship, I have a much more positive outlook on my life and myself... but, I'm still fat. And now, after all of these things slowly getting sorted out, I'm just so READY to be "myself" again at my goal weight.

And just to be clear, I still have a glass of wine or three on the weekend, but no more during the week and most definitely no more drugs (prescribed or otherwise). And I have someone in my life that actually CARES about what I do (my ex didn't notice ANYTHING). So I have a great thing going on, I just need to get my health and my body in control now.

Phew. That wasn't a very short story was it??
Old 02-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #866  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Kappy, thanks for the welcome!

And I know that uniboob sports bra contortion dance you speak of!!

As for VPL... I have to tell you, I'm all about the thong. Even at my weight. Once I started wearing them WAY back when there was no turning back... BUT, I have this sweat pant crawling up the butt issue as well, though I probably am pulling them out WAY more often than your chick is. SURELY she must know how awful it looks. I'm pretty sure I'd go for a boy short and risk VPL if I were her!
Old 02-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #867  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey, ladies, has anybody heard from Michele since she posted that her son was ok after surgery? End of January timeframe. I know she was having computer issues . . . hope everything is still ok and she's just dealing the same old stuff we are!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:11 PM   #868  
nearly indestructible

S/C/G: 241/117/160

Height: 5'9

Gotta make this fast - My lil's bedtime.

Feeling a little better. Didn't wear a dress to the Gala, but looked ok in pants and a nice blouse. My date liked it. We had a fun time and he also looked over all my MD Anderson reports and interpreted all of them for me, which was reassuring.

I start with my trainer tomorrow at the Gym. I've been working out doing a little cardio so far and watching my portions, etc. and have lost 7 lbs. Was kind of exciting.

Hope y'all are all doing well. This hot weather makes me crazy!
Old 02-12-2008, 12:29 AM   #869  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi girls.

Went to The Full Monty yesterday it was a fun show, very touching as well. We had chinese for dinner as it was late when I got home so of course today I had leftovers for lunch! Not good. The food was good but dear knows how many calories I had.

Kappy I haven't seen Michele in a while.

Rainbow I am computer illiterate and have no idea how to do photos. Besides I hate having my picture taken.

Velveteen it's good that you are back. You are obviously in a better frame of mind now.

Jane our weather is horrible today sleet, snow and freezing rain. Good luck tomorrow with the trainer. Glad you enjoyed the gala.

I had physio this morning and oh boy I was hurting when she was stretching me out.

Goodnight speak to you soon.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:01 AM   #870  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Susan, I've been unable to find your passport thread. Please, do tell exactly where to find it!!!

Diane, We're suppose to get as high as 15 today. That will be plenty warm enough to get out for a walk. I hope your weather will co-operate as well. I know for me being able to get outside makes all the difference in how I feel about myself. Are you getting any hoop time with the children?

Renee, Parts of your story are similar to mine. I'm very impressed with all the things you've come to terms with. You'll tackle the food issue as well. Have a great day!

Kappy, I hate those darn bras. It sounds like maybe I'm lucky to not have a gym in my area. At least I don't have to view anything I don't want to!

Jane, Glad you're feeling better. Let us know how the personal trainer goes.

Clyde, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Chinese food, you're hungry an hour later, how much damage can it do? lol Hope your weather gets better. We're suppose to get a little snow, but temps back to the teens. I love to walk in the snow.

That's my plan for today. Walking, lots of it. I'm having my mother for dinner tonight. She of course has never had a weight problem, but even at 75 still has a body image complex that's hard to beat. One of her favorites is lazagna so that's what I'll be making. To avoid the, "are you dieting," etc comments, she always makes I'll be walking plenty beforehand so I can eat a normal portion including french bread w/o doing any damage to my plan. It's always difficult with her. If I eat a small amt. She's full of inquiries. If I have seconds of anything, even salad, I get the tsk tsk. So, I'll walk. I'll eat what I think is normal and maybe I'll go unscathed. Say a little prayer for me.
Closed Thread