Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #796  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

rennie....i forgot to say....kappy said self aware AND centered....NOT self centered! she paid you an awesome compliment!
cheers
rainbowsmiles
Old 02-05-2008, 09:11 PM   #797  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

rainbow
I was kidding lol. It was a very very nice compliment. What kind of plan do you have set for yourself? Are you on certain kind of plan or do you just limit your intake to certain amounts?

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-05-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:29 PM   #798  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the words Kappy -- appreciate it. I'll keep movin along. Am used to that for sure. Lost pretty much all my family other than a few cousins by the time I was 35 so I know how to deal. But it's still really sad for her family.

On the upside tomorrow is hubby's birthday. Baked him an Angel Food cake (his favorite) for tomorrow. Thank goodness it's low fat, but the calories are still there, so I'll adjust things around and have a small piece. We're going out for dinner as well and I'll adjust there too. Hopefully it won't be too hard. Anyway I plan to do extra time on the treadmill, just in case the calories are out of control tomorrow.

Weather wise, we are in for quite a storm here. Freezing rain in the early morning tomorrow followed by another snowstorm. Apparently it's going to be quite nasty. Luckily we're self-employed and work from home so we don't have to go out until hubby's birthday dinner. And, if worse gets to worse we can walk to the restaurant --- it's just over a km away from our house. So we're good.

Hopefully all is well with everyone!!

Chris
Old 02-05-2008, 09:33 PM   #799  
Feed Your Freedom

Eating/Exercise plan? I am trying to formulate one to continue my success with. I am trying to read about nutrition and am counting calories, fat grams, carbs, fiber, sugar and protein. I am keeping a spreadsheet with everything I eat every day. This is the only way I can learn what better choices are. My daily calories have ranged from 1200 calories to 1600 calories and I try to stay close to 1300-1400. I am working hard to learn more everyday. Basically I am trying to keep my percentages inline. I am shooting for 25-35 % fat, 25-35% protein (at least 50G) and 30-40 % carbs. (around 125 G) I try for about 25 grams fiber a day but mostly hover around 18-22 so I am trying to find more fiber. I limit my grams of sugar to less than 50 grams. Sometimes in the 20-30 range. As far as exercise goes, I got a bicycle for Christmas and am up to 8 miles at a stretch. I did go 9 miles a few times but have yet to hit the ten miles in one ride. That is my Feb. goal. To ride 10 miles 3-4 times a week. As soon as the weather gets a wee bit warmer, I will be back to swimming 5 times a week. Currently I ride every other day and then do aerobics (light aerobics) twice a week, and soon hope to add some weight training...but I know nothing about weight training so I recently bought Weight Training for Dummies!
That’s about all that I know to do right now. I do go to my Dr. office every wed. to weigh in. I avoid "diet" foods, low fat items, take NO pills or supplements and am not interested in any fad diet! I do choose low sugar whenever possible. I love Splenda! Up until Splenda came out, I never did like any sugar substitute. Now I can have my tea without guilt.
What do you do?
peace
rainbowsmiles
Old 02-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #800  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Rainbowsmiles You need to start a recipe thread No kidding. you have so many good ideas on every post of things to eat. I would never think to put some of those things in those wraps. I use them and usually just put salad stuff and ham/turkey in them. By the way you got your 30 posts get your ticker.

I have just finished watching The Biggest Loser they had some tasty looking food being made by Rocco. I always feel so motivated after watching it. The black team dropped some huge numbers tonight. Most of them had not been eating enough calories.

I'm going to need to build an ark soon we've had so much rain and wicked storms the past 24 hours.

I love to drink water really enjoy it the colder the better. Also hot tea made with my PG tips from home.

I was cookie mum one year never seen so many boxes of cookies in my life. I've been known to eat an entire box of samoas at one sitting love them. Coconut is a weakness for me need to stay clear of it.

Stay dry and safe everyone until tomorrow.

Keep on posting.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #801  
nearly indestructible

S/C/G: 241/117/160

Height: 5'9

Made it to Houston safely - yay. Most boring drive EVER!! (4 hrs, no scenery)

The spinach was an addition to a recipe I used when I started changing the way I ate years ago (and did the Body for Life Challenge in 2005). The "food lifestyle" I used mostly is organic, whole foods and you actually eat butter and cream and eggs. It helped so much with my diabetes last time, I'm trying to incorporate it more into what I'm doing now. I'm excited because I will meet with my nutritionist when I get back Monday. Since I loathe counting points, grams or anything else, I got one of those old school Richard Simmons Food Movers. It's pretty easy to use and when all your little windows are shut, it's time to stop eating.

I'm a little afraid of all of this as my insulin levels are so high now, and I've had a few episodes where they are lower than what I am used to, so I feel kind of icky. I meet with my transplant doctor at MD Anderson tomorrow (2 years post stem cell transplant) so I'm going to talk to him about it.

Basically, the recipe:
4 eggs or egg/egg white combo
1/3 cup shredded parm
3 oz cream cheese
garlic
spinach or whatever other "free" veggies
coarse ground black pepper.

Put butter/spray/whatever into a saute pan and saute the garlic. Cut cream cheese into squares and add to pan. I cover the entire pan with bunches of spinach, mushrooms (I don't like any other veggies with eggs). And then you let it cook down a little.

Whisk together eggs, parmesan and black pepper. When the spinach is softer, scramble the whole thing up.

After an hour and a half, my blood sugar today was 77, which is great. Carbs just kick my butt, but protein/veggie/complex carbs make me feel wonderful.

I wasn't sure if I could mention the food program/cookbook on the forum, but every recipe in the books (vegetarian too) is amazing. It's slower weight loss 1-2 lbs a week, but my skin, hair and more importantly my health improved. I looked superfantastic!

Ok. I'm off to read more forum and maybe blog. My sister's home is like Africa Hot tonight. I don't have hot flashes anymore, but c'mon people. It's nearly 80 outside here still at 10pm!!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:21 PM   #802  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

rainbow
I am on the " Rennie " plan lol. Nothing is written in stone but I try to stay between 1200 and 1400 calories, 30 to 35 grams of fat, 180 to 210 carbs. I don't do without a thing. I know if for example, I have a can of mountain dew today I am going to have to wait for something else tomorrow that is high carbs. If I have something high in fat today, I will wait for something else high in fat another day. I try to get the required amounts of the four basic food groups eaten everyday. There are some low fat foods I eat but only because I like them. I don't eat fat free stuff because in general it tastes nasty lol. I don't like artificial sweeteners but the stuff in the south beach strawberry/banana drink is ok. Even that drink mix, I mix with twice as much water because it is to darn sweet for me.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:36 PM   #803  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

JaneZoe I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow
Old 02-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #804  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I have been reading along here this month, so I just thought I would say "hello". I am a long time yo-yo dieter, and I got into the best shape of my life after my son was born. (I am 43, and a SAHM to two children, a 5 year old girl and an almost 4 year old boy.) I was down to around 125 pounds (from 170), 19% body fat. I maintained that for a couple of years, and then despite daily exercise, I backslid last year and gained back about 40 pounds. I started healthy eating again around November. Well, the holidays happened, and now I have been faithful to my eating plan for a month and I have lost *almost* ten pounds. I use calorie-count.com to journal my food and I aim for 1500 cal/day with a 25% fat, 25% protein, 50% carb split. I work out just about every day, for 90 min to two hours. I do a lifting class three times a week, and a spinning class three times a week. In addition, I run (when not injured), do the elliptical and the stair climber. Right now I am at 152 - I don't have an end goal in mind, but I would really like to be able to wear the clothes in my closet. I did as Dr. Phil advises, and gave away all of my larger clothes. I have had to go to Goodwill to buy larger jeans and shorts to tide me over this weight gain.

Anywho, I enjoy reading here and I am looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:41 AM   #805  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Wardhog. Glad you posted!
Nothing much to say today... I'm running behind schedule. But, just wanted to check in!
Have a good day everyone!
Old 02-06-2008, 09:35 AM   #806  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Welcome WardHog, your story sounds similar to mine. Keep posting. I'm looking forward to getting to know you as well.

Diane, Always glad to see a post from you. I love V8 myself. It's especially nice over ice with a couple shots of vodka and some worcestershire sauce mmm lol Any basketball filling up your time this weekend?

Rainbow, all your recipes sound so yummy. I make similar things, but it sounds like on the average day I eat pretty boring compared to you lol I can't waite for warmer weather so I can ride my bike again. Some of the most well maintained trails are right across the hwy from my house. The trails around here are popular vacation trails. Years ago all the RR tracks were removed. I think with fuel prices economists wish the tracks were still here, but what's done is done. I may as well enjoy them. Rennie's right. Don't be putting yourself down. You'll be fitting into your own teeny weeny baggie soon enough.....that just doesn't sound right lol

Rennie, I think I need to invest in WATP tapes again. I do miss them. You like the one mile the best? What others do you like? Some of hers have different messages, but same miles don't they? I always enjoyed her message. Let me know which are your favorites.

Clyde, I just love TBL. This season is finally heating up for me. Some of it has seemed a little "staged" I never thought that in the past. I was so happy for the black team last night. Finally some victories. Most seasons I have a clear favorite, but this year I like members on both teams. I no longer have the food network so cutey patooty Roco was new to me. All the recipes looked good except the orange thing lol That did not look appetizing to me!

JaneZoe, Health vibes coming your way for your Dr appt. WHen my children were little we all rocked out to Richard every day. David Letterman can make fun of him all he wants. When I was at my highest weight and lowest emotional points he could make me smile and remember to love myself.

Chris, Hugs to you! Hope your hubby has a great birthday!

Kappy, Funny cookie story. Did your mom wish he'd have a son just like him some day?

Today I have few responsibilities. Kitchen needs some cleaning. Left it last night so I could watch TBL. Lent starts today so we have church tonight, but I have no duties there either. We only got maybe an inch of our predicted snow. It just kind of cut off just south of us. Yeah!!! My children were dissapointed. Not even enough for a late start of school. So, I'm going to the library and have myself a nice walk since it's already over 30*. Oh yeah, and I'm totally making oatmeal PB cookies today. I was going to make them yesterday, but got caught up in housework and laundry. I know, it sounds bad to make cookies on Ash Wed....but I usually add more Bible study and prayer rather than subtract something. Well, good day to you all. It's been fun!
Old 02-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #807  
Feed Your Freedom

gooooood morning everyone mood: happy!! I am soooo blessed that i found this site. all of YOU are the just the motivation that i needed to keep going! well...it’s wed. weigh in and omg....i lost 3 pounds! i wasn't expecting that...as, well, 1, you all know that time of month...2, nigel had a business dinner fri night and i ate half a piece of strawberry cheesecake, then ate a whole bag of popcorn, and then ate a pb and j sammie...omg i was like a piglet fri night. when nigel and i play cards i just feel like i wanna eat! but i didn't let the superbowl goodies enter my mouth and got right back committed on monday, partly due to all of YOU being here to chat up and read words of encouragement YOU have NO idea how awesome it is to find others just like me, trying to make a difference. i love all of you!!!

clydegirl...aw thanks for the compliment. i guess i didn't get to be over 340 pounds without knowing how to cook a bit! haha i love love love to cook! before i started on my nutritional take in on jan 9th, i never considered what i ate. i cooked what i wanted and ate what i wanted, when i wanted it. if pants got too tight, i sold them and bought new ones. subconsciously i never really thought much about it. then, at christmas this past year, omg, i saw a full length pic of me and that is something i hadn't seen in years. i thought gee i am so big. my daughter is 5'3 and 103 pounds and i am 5'8 and was 348 and i looked like an amazon woman next to her. i know people must have thought, gee how can "SHE" be her mother! then i saw on tv, a football game, and they introduced this HUGE linebacker, and the announcer said, would you look at those arms on this man...6'3 and 265 pounds...this man is a machine. and i sat there thinking omg, he IS huge...and OMG i am nearly a hundred pounds BIGGER than him! well i cried right then and there. my hubby was just sitting there stunned feeling sad for me and telling me that he loved me and that it didn't matter and i said why didn't you tell me i was this fat! as if i didn't REALLY already know. i guess that is what people call a ligthbulb experience. anyway, i decided right then and there that this year i would make a change. i HAVE to. I MUST! I WILL!

sooooo....enough of that! i got my ticker woohooo and just figured out i think how to update it. maybe after we all lose our 100 plus pounds we can have a reunion and meet for a vacation! like a 3fc cruise or something. wouldn't that be cool?

i hope all of you have a splendid day
peace
rainbowsmiles
Old 02-06-2008, 09:54 AM   #808  
Feed Your Freedom

Smile

hi lovin....i just noticed that you weigh 144 and that i have 144 pounds to lose....gee i have to lose a whole person! haha YIKES!!

rainbowsmiles
welcome Ward...I am new too so far everyone has been so super supportive.

diane....hope you have a super fabulous day!

clydegirl....i like TBL too. I even tried out three times now but never got picked, not even for a first call back. I even went to an open cast call in orlando. it was humiliating actually. i mean, you set yourself up and i was so excited going and waited in line for 5 and a half hours to be seen for less than a minute. then when i was there, i thought, gosh, all these people need a change too, they want it just as bad as i do...and then it was hard seeing why i should be chosen over any one of them. my past favorites are suzy and matt. they were contestants and got married and now have a little boy named rex and he is so adorable. losing weight will open doors that i never thought possible. still, i have watched TBL three seasons, and it took until now to get up off my azzzz and make something happen. God help me to continue for the duration.

thanks for the recipe janezoe....but does the spinach get slimy in that recipe?

did i tell all of YOU how thankful I am to have found you??????

cheerio
rainbowsmiles
Old 02-06-2008, 10:16 AM   #809  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Rainbow, we are all really blessed that you have found us!!! Your happy upbeat personality comes screaming through every time you post. Congratulations on the 3# loss. You are a beautiful person. I can tell. I know these things. ; )
Old 02-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #810  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

good grief Rennie, give me a blessed anxiety attack! I had to go back and re-read what the heck I'd posted, I thought for sure I'd messed up somehow! Self centered . . . well, I can see how somebody could get there! Not what I meant at all! I meant there is a calmness that is noticable with the people who have found a way to center their own lives and I really envy that. I'll get there, eventually!

JaneZoe if the trip to Houston is bad, try I-5 between the San Francisco bay area and LA. I swear there's some kind of black hole on that route, the odometer says you're clicking off the miles but it sure seems to take way the heck too long for the distance. You're about halfway when the smells of the cattle holding corrals invade the car, your clothes, and skin until you just want to gag.

Rainbow, girl, you are a kick and a half. Going to have to try some of these recipes.

Meanwhile that project I was avoiding yesterday is biting me on the backside today, so off I go to the grind. Ya'll have a fantastic day. For those in the tornado zone stay safe, please.
Closed Thread