Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 02:54 PM   #841  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hello everyone.

just got in from my walk.

Rainbow it's always nice when someone totally unexpected notices your weight loss. Cup of tea sounds good I'm gonna put the kettle on.

Lovn that banana oatmeal bread sounds good do you have the recipe? I'm eating my oatmeal every day got to get my numbers down.

Busy weekend middle daughter has a poms competition tomorrow. They will be performing in 2 categories. They're so good and the music is great. Then on Sunday I'm going to see The Full Monty on stage with a friend.

Stay safe everyone no more injuries. I have to do my exercises for my shoulder. I've to continue with physio for another 6 appointments. He was happy with it when he saw me Thursday.

Have a good weekend.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #842  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Clyde: Sounds like you'll have a busy weekend of bleacher butt! Hope the girls have fun and are successful!

Wardhog: Derwood.... Derwood.... What TV show was that on? I remember that. All in the Family?? Funny!!!

Rainbow: Good job on having someone notice you're losing weight. Sometimes it seems like it takes forever before anyone notices... especially when you're working so hard!!

Kappy: I'm still trying to walk at lunch, but the weather is just not cooperating. We didn't get a lot of snow today, but it did snow. They say it might warm up this weekend. BRING IT ON!!

Lovn: Isn't it something how far removed we can get from our spouses? It brings back memories of when it was just the two of you. I love my kids and love that they are active, but I do miss those times of just the two of us. We're really bad about making time for each other, too. Had to laugh about the banana bread.... we had quite the discussion about that in December, if I recall! Rennie was baking it then, if my weak memory is working!

Busy weekend for me coming up. Basketball game, basketball pictures, jewelry party, and the really fun stuff: laundry, cleaning, groceries. Woo hoo!
Old 02-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #843  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Deb, Thank you for sharing the St Theresa quote. Really beautiful

Rennie, It actually said to have Oreos 3 times a day. Ahhhh, I'm so undermedicated. That must be what's wrong with me LOL On a serious note. I'm sorry to hear the stiffness and soreness have settled in. Hope you're feeling better soon. Healthy vibes coming your way.

Susan, I already shop at Wally World too much. My husband works at one of the distribution centers. I loves me my 10% off. But, I would go broke if you worked at one around here. I'd keep coming back to your lane just to hear you say nice things to me. I can't imagine how many people you really helped.

Diane, You're right. We did have a big banana bread discussion. Didn't it involve naked neighbors? Or was that a different one of Rennie's stories? LOL How cool is that, we all have history. Rainbow is so right. This place rocks. Have a great weekend.

Clyde, Good luck to your daughter's pom squad. Congrats on the good news from your Dr. Hope physio keeps going well.

Oatmeal Banana Bread

cream together
1 c brown sugar (I used slightly less)
7 T. vegetable oil
2 egg whites +
1 egg (I just used 2 eggs thankfully my cholesterol's ok)
add
1 and 1/3 cups mashed banana (I used 3 lg, no measuring)
1/2 cup skim milk
1 c. oats
combine
2 c flour (I used 1c white + 1c whole wheat)
1 T baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon (I used 1 heaped t.)
add these last dry ingredients to the rest

spray your pan with non-stick spray

bake at 350* for 70 min

the recipe said this fit into one 9 x 5 loaf pan, but it really was too much for one pan. I'd suggest 2 small loaves or maybe make 4-6 muffins as well. The baking time would be shortened then I imagine.

It turned out really yummy and I know 1/18 of it is 185 calories. The recipe was at allrecipes.com and had all the fat etc listed, but it would have virtually no cholesterol since the only fat is veg oil and a little cholesterol in the 1 egg.

Last edited by lovnmom; 02-08-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #844  
One pound at a time.

Thanks for the recipe. I'll give that a try.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #845  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

lovn
Must be why I fell lol. I haven't had them in years I bet. I don't feel as bad today as I thought I would. I am going to have to break that recipe down now and see how much calories, fat and carbs are in it. I would love to find a recipe that I can eat lol.

Slash
My gosh how do you remember stuff like that lol. Sure glad I got my baking done on Monday. I sure didn't feel like doing any today. Darn, laundry must be different in your house than it is in mine. I really don't find it the fun stuff lolol.

Clyde
When I had the old frozen shoulder I went to therapy for I don't know how long. Finally stopped going and did the same exercises at home. Took me over 2 years as I recall and I still didn't have 100% use of the shoulder. I probably have about 98% now. Only notice it when I try to lift my hands over my head and then out. You take it easy.

rainbow
Ahhh that is so sweet. Makes me happen when someone remembers something I have said and it makes them smile.

Jane
I have no idea why I have so little grace lol. My husband says my little feet and legs look like the road runner when I walk. I was in ballet and gymnastics for years which means I am very flexible and yet. I am never going to get a grace award lol.

I don't hurt as much as I thought I would today. I at least got a couple of walking/aerobic videos in. Those kicks and knee lifts sure weren't done with as much energy as they were a few days ago lol.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:15 AM   #846  

Rennie, the recipe is at allrecipes.com and everything is broken down for you there.
I'm all about basketball today. Less running than most weeks though. DD plays just 5 miles from home and DSs practice just 4 miles from home. My hubby is getting off work early to watch DD play, so I'm thinking I'll stay with my boys and walk the halls. All those stairs are such good exercise. I should walk outside though, because they're calling for really frigid below zero and single digit temps again tomorrow. Yesterday's 7 mile walk was awesome. The weather was just perfect to just keep on going.
Have a cheery Sat all!
Old 02-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #847  
Diane

Hey all. Well, here we go! I need to get my butt going because I've been sitting around drinking coffee and reading the paper. Love my coffee!!
I was able to go out with the kids last night to shoot some hoops and pass the volleyball back and forth. It was cold, but not as bad as it has been. I have missed going out with the kids, so that was fun. I can't wait until it gets above 40 at least so that walking will be a little more comfortable. I have missed going out during my lunch hour. We're supposed to have a pretty good weekend, so maybe some of the ice will go away, too.

Rennie, glad you aren't too sore. That could have been a lot worse, so I'm glad you're ok! Be careful out there!! ha! By the way, Lovn is right. There was talk of naked neighbors. You need to give us some more stories! They made me laugh! I think some of our new people need to hear them, too!

Clyde: Let us know how the poms went!

Rainbow: Whassup!?? Hope you're having a good weekend!

Jane: How's your weekend going?

Anyone else: Speak up! We need more posts.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #848  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Slash
We had a big blow out the other day. The people across the street let their son move in. He is about my age and has a daughter about I am guessing 15, could be older or younger. I guess the grandparents got a call from the school ( I could hear the grandfather yelling clear across the street to my house ). The girl was passing out free sex coupons to the boys at school lol. It is winter time so not so much going on that old Miss Marple can see from her porch. The naked ones stay in the house. The man and woman up the street ( not down the street ) aren't walking their dogs. I will keep you all posted lol. The man that use to walk around naked and go into peoples houses has been put into a home. That poor old lady that would get lost and I would have to take home, I haven't seen in awhile. I went to her house the other day to take her bread but she wasn't home.

lovn
I will go there and look for it thanks.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #849  

Oh my, I think we're all having rainbow withdrawal. Hope your day is good Susan.
Hey all. Basketball was good. Now I plan to put on the ole pjs and watch some flicks.
Good weekend to you all.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #850  
One pound at a time.

Hi there girls. What a busy day. They did very well. They got 2 second places. Their routines are so good but they were down 2 girls today which left a couple of spaces in the routines. They only lost by 0.3. The good news is they qualified for super-sectionals. They have to get there to get to state. I love to watch the poms and the pom dance, lots of fun. Then my youngest had a bathroom emergency and I kept having to run out to the toilet with her. She had an icky tummy in the afternoon don't know if it was from her lunch.

So I'm shattered tonight just watching TV right now. 2 weeks until the next comp.

Tomorrow I'm going to see The Full Monty should be fun. I read a review in the paper they apparently don't do the full monty. After all it is a family show

Stay warm everyone the temps are going to drop tonight.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #851  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

good evening everyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeee

yipeeeee I did it!!! I rode over 10 miles today! 12.8 to be exact! Gosh it feels good! I have a goal to "bike the bridge" here in Charleston, which on a scale of difficulty of 1-10 for someone to do is probably a 20 plus! YIKES! I have a goal to do that before the fourth of July. I can't remember the grade but I think its pretty steep...So I have been riding my bicycle that Nigel bought me for Christmas...slowly building up...and 10 miles is father that I thought when I started. I have only been up to 8 miles before today!

Last night...we went to dinner at Olive Garden....our 7 month anniversary
I have only been out to eat 1 time since I started my nutritional take in for fear of not having the proper control. Well, I scoured over the menu...then asked the waitress if she has a Nutritional Guide and she brought me the little paper Garden Fare menu...and suggested the Capellini Pomodora...to which I ordered....and I asked for a to go box before the meal arrived...I promptly cut the meal into thirds...and kept 1/3 on my plate then put the other into the box...and then gave HER the box to discard! I didn't even bring it home! And NO breadsticks...Nigel omg...he was a dear and didn't even have one either...He sent them back when she brought them to the table! and he LOVES his bread! She brought me splenda for my tea and low fat salad dressing, and a salad of my own with no croutons...or olives! They were packed out...and it took over 50 mins for the food to arrive...and normally Nigel gets pissed when it takes so long...but he never said anything, and the waitress kept coming by to say, i'm sorry its taking so long...but I said we don't really mind...it's our anniversay, and we are just enjoying the night...after we ate...the manager came to the table...and said, we are so sorry it took so long for your food to arrive...I'd like to take care of the entire bill for you...!! We were stunned! God IS Good!

After we had dinner, we went to the movies....and went straight into the movies...I smuggled in my own Lipton Diet Green Tea! haha But we had nothing from the consession stands. When we got home....we played some cards....and normally I love to have tidbits to nibble on, but I only made some hot tea with Splenda. I have to say, there is something about putting yourself into a situation, where you stay in control of your choices and say YES I CAN...that afterwards....is sooooooo rewarding! I didn't come home with "after" guilt...I didn't have to make adjustments in the next days menu...I didn't have to say to myself, see...you can't do this...you always give into temptation...but instead...I was beaming...inside...and out...I may not have lost any weight but I felt like I was as light as a cloud and walking on air...it felt good!

Today...we packed the bikes on the back of the pathfinder and drove downtown...then rode and rode and rode....it was a perfectly gorgeous afternoon...72 degrees...very slight breeze....now I tell you....I don't look like a goddess on a bicycle. I am sure that the seat is "hidden" due to my size. I know....that people pass me and say crude remarks, and I have heard some of them laugh...today, I circled back and passed a guy three times...and each time, he laughed at me. At first I wanted to get off the bike and say, do you find something amusing young man?? Do you think I'm too fat to ride a bike? But...instead, I let the sunshine stream onto my face, and I let that salty sea air, infuse my hair...and I pedaled even faster! I was determined to ride over 10 miles! I wasn't going to let some bigoted person stop me from being me. Nigel said maybe he wasn't laughing at you...maybe he was just laughing. I don't know the answer to that. Somehow...being a person of size...makes me always....ALWAYS...think....that the person laughing is laughing ABOUT me...or the one whispering....is talking about me...why is that??? At any rate...we rode to the area where the cruise ships come in and the Majesty was just leaving out...and we watched the ship sail out and waved to the passengers waving back at us...and then sat in the swing there, and fed the seagulls. Later we went to dinner at the restaurant where Nigel proposed to me...and again....I made good choices...even getting the entree changed to suit my nutritional needs filled. I know that you have all felt this....this feeling....of staying IN CONTROL! It's so not about what you can't have, or feeling deprived....its about YES I CAN....because I'M WORTH IT!

I just love this site! I love to come here, and share victories...and read inspirational stories...and see smiling faces...and "FEEL" close to all of you! I took my passport with me...and I have to say....although I didn't get it out to look at....I knew you were all there....whispering to me....YES YOU CAN SUSAN! Yes you can!

Thank YOU all.....
God Bless
rainbowsmiles
Old 02-09-2008, 10:18 PM   #852  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Good evening Diane...how was the basketball game?? and the jewelry party...what did you buy???

Rennie...sex coupons!! YIKES!! I bet Nigel would love some of them! haha

Lovin...what movies are you watching....?? Awwwww you missed me!!! THANKS...that makes me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside! <giggle> You know what would be so much fun...if we all lived closer and had a huge pajama party and we all camped out in my living room! We could just tell girl stories...and roast marshmellows...and have tea...and swap recipes...and then watch a chic flic! haha

Clyde....thats awesome to get 2 second place awards! My kids were in band and to this day I still miss going to band competitions! Have fun at the full monty....take pics!

Janezoe...how are you??? Feeling better dear?? I miss seeing your posts!

rainbowsmiles

ps....somebody please tell me what DH DD and DS means! <blush>
Old 02-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #853  
One pound at a time.

Hi Rainbow kudos to you on your meal at The Olive Garden. I would never have thought to divide it up like that. My friend always asks for the bread plain no oil or butter on the top.

DD, DH and DS is dear daughter/ husband/ son or whatever conotation you can think of.

Sorry no photography allowed at the theatre.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #854  

Clyde, We always hope for 1st place, but 2nd is very good, especially with team members missing. I hope your daughter is very proud of her and her teams accomplishment. Good luck at the next competition. My daughter had basketball yesterday and after she had thrown the ball in the defensive player, who was guarding her, elbowed her really hard. Of course my princess gave her a good shot back!!! What was amazing, before my daughter even had time to react, other mothers were out of their courtside seats screaming for a technical on the other player. These are parents with their first child in sports. They are not used to what can happen. My attitude, the ref didin't see it and my daughter didn't just take it, so game on. My daughters all of 4 ft 3 in and 62#, but she's used to playing soccer on a co-ed team. In soccer she faces boys 5'4" and 120. Her friends mommies are way more protective of her than I am!!! Ok, that was a sports mom's tangent. I hope your younger daughter is feeling better. Have you ever tried to put raw oatmeal in your blender until it turns into flour? This works great in pancakes and cookies and such. I absolutely love chocolate chip cookies made with half white flour and half oat flour. It gives a really yummy taste and nice texture.
Rainbow, Kudos on your choices, your fun with hubby, your 10 mile bike ride, everything!! You really had an awesome day and I'm ever so happy for you. Also jealous, 70* ?!?!?! This morning I awoke to 10 below zero, winds at 23 mph giving us a windchill of 45 below. My furnace is acting wacky. It's only running for short spurts, but if I reset it it runs again. Me thinks a draft must be hitting something. It was 54* in here when I got up. Liveable, but not comfortable. I'm very thankfull it has not stopped. I'm trusting the Lord to keep it running while we're gone to Sunday School and church. Our high for today is to reach 1 above with a real feel of -27. Very dangerous conditions. I'll be letting my father-in-law know we're off to church. That way he'll waite for our call that we arrived or our call "come get us the car stopped." One good thing. I feel no need to dress up or even apply makeup to attend church. Bundle up and get there. That's today's mission!!!
Have a great Sunday ladies!
Old 02-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #855  
Diane

Hey everyone. Had another good day of basketball. They played a very good team, so it wasn't as easy as it has been in the past few weeks, but they are still undefeated. It was a very physical game and they all stepped up. My son had a nice bruise on his leg, a cut lip and a small cut below his nose, but he handled it. He gave as good as he received, so they all shared in it. I had to laugh, though, my son is a big kid. He's one of the tallest, but he's also just big (football is really his sport). Anyway, there was this kid on the other team who obviously thought very highly of himself. He had to take out his diamond stud earrings before the game and he was wearing one of those sleeves that you see the pro ball players wear. Had he been my son, he would have been sitting the bench because he also talked back to the coach, talked back to the refs, whined and complained... you know the story. ANYWAY, my son set this perfect block (not always easy for him to do) and the kid ran right into him. My son didn't move and the kid went flying. Made mama smile.... He needed to be humbled. (I know, I'm bad.)
It was also funny because our coach had a birthday yesterday. I knew he was young, but he just turned 23.... 23....!!! One of the other mom's sighed and said, "23?" Ha! He's a student teacher and just loves the kids, so he volunteers to coach. What a great guy.

The jewelry party was fun. My friend has this business on the side and she gets this great, unique jewelry and then has these parties. When I've been to other parties, the prices always killed me. But her jewelry is reasonable, more like costume jewelry, and it is just very pretty. Fun times!

Good job, Susan, on the bike riding. That must feel great. Oh, and congrats on the anniversary. My husband and I celebrate our 21st on Feb 28th. I can't believe it's been that long. Of course there are those days that I think it has been longer than that! ha!

Clyde: You must be proud of your daughter. What a great thing to be doing. That will keep her fit and she gets to have a lot of fun.

Lovn: Stay warm! Obviously you and I are not in Susan's world of riding bikes! We're still fighting winter. It's a lot warmer here today than what you have, so I can't complain. I hope you don't lose all heat!

Rennie: See! I knew you'd have some entertaining story. I guess we'll have to wait until it gets warmer for more info on the neighbors! ha!

Well, my daughter thinks that we need to go shopping today. I'm thinking she needs to clean her room. I wonder who will win!? I WILL!!!!

Have a good Sunday!
Closed Thread