Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #826  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

hello everyone...

debs....i don't know your whole story, but from what i have read, it must be mind-boggling as you say. i can't even imagine having to contend with all you are dealing with, as i barely have enough time to deal with trying to find the best way to lose weight and be successful at it! my prayers go out to you. if you have time and want to share more you can tell me about your situation...i'd love to learn more. i do know that in times of trials God always knows how to send the right person along at the right time for the encouragement we all need....so i am glad you are posting here. we are all here for you.

kappy...i know you've heard "hang in there" probably a billion times....and when times get tough and discouragement sets in, sometimes it is difficult to find the words needed to console a friend...but i find that you are always here...offering words of encouragment to others, telling them they can do it...well...YOU can do it too! i have found that it is helping me tremendously to read the entries throughout these threads. go read the before and after...threads...and the 300+ threads...and really look and SEE all the progress being made. it amazes me evey time i read another entry at the love and support found within these pages....go back to the basics. knowledge is so empowering. find little things to do for yourself...i bought an outfit 2 sizes too small and hung it up in the dining room...and now i look at it everyday....i posted some quotes on the fridge door...i printed out pictures of some of my new friends here and made a little "passport to friendship" book and now i can look at all of YOU enduring day after day and it gives me the strength to just do another day. keep on keeping on...one day, it will be soooo worth it.

i did make a new thread...called Passport To Friendship...maybe some of you can post a pic there for my passport.

i will share with you below what i posted in the other thread if that won't bother anyone...i hope not, if so, im sorry
cheerioooo

good morning
well...i have been productive this morning. i have spent several hours the last few days reading threads and learning a little bit more about all of you...YOU...my new friends and my source for motivation and inspiration.

i was trying hard to keep everyone straight...who was whom...who lived where...etc...when i decided to collect some pictures and try to visualize each of you as i read what you've shared. then i decided maybe i could make index cards with your pics on them, and your bdays, where you are from, etc.. when it came to me...

a passport of friends....

so i copied the pics i could find of you all...and printed out your pictures...the 2x2 inch size pics that go in passports...and i pasted them all to my little booklet...my Passport of Friends.

27 new friends added today. i would add more if i had more pics but some of you don't have pics. it makes it more personal to me to see all of your beautiful smiling faces. wow! how fortunate i am!

how comforting it is to know that ladies all over the world, are trying like me to become fit...from australia, to england, to wyoming, and new england...to canada...ontario, PEI, the midwest, and sunny california, washintgon...florida...i could go on and on....

now...i can just open my passport of friends and be encouraged to keep on keeping on...because i know that all of you, out there, are working just as hard...and we must be accountable to each other.

thank you...all of YOU...my new friends...for sharing your stories, and your pictures...i can't tell you how uplifting it is to me...to continue to read and learn about your journies.

i am not sure how to open a new thread, but i will try to open one called Passort of Friendship...and i hope that everyone will go there and post a picture of yourself...and join me in making a passport of friends....
peace
rainbowsmiles
Old 02-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #827  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

rainbowsmiles - what a fabulous idea! : off to go find the thread:

Last edited by WardHog; 02-07-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:04 PM   #828  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

Height: 5'2"

Rainbowsmiles ... what a pleasure to read your posts. You are so upbeat, it's wonderful.

Chris
Old 02-07-2008, 10:59 PM   #829  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Thought I would pop in and let everyone know what is going on. As you know we are tearing out the carpet in our one hallway and putting wood floors down. WELL since I am a accident looking for a place to happen. I found a place today lol. I tripped over a piece of lint ( lol ) on the floor we had just pulled the carpet off of and fell down the stairs. Let me re say that. I fell down the three stairs to the landing and then down the flight of stairs lol. I wasn't laughing at the time and sure hope God forgives me for the things I WAS saying on the way down. I will be ok but I did something to my hip, which I have no idea what they are talking about. Closest I can understand is that I sprained it. Well it means ( my mother has said this for years ) I finally found that place to darn near kill myself because I am such a klutz lol. The doc said I can walk all I want ( as long as it doesn't hurt to much ). No jumping or sprinting. Not really in the mood to jump or sprint lol. Think I might take his advice on that one lol. Did a couple one mile videos today ( did it hurt you might ask ) don't be foolish of course it hurt lolol. Do you think I am made of plastic hehehe. But, I was able to do them. Think the knee lifts and kicks are going to have to wait for a bit. So for now, it seems 1 mile videos and upper body workouts are going to be the exercise I can do. My daughter brought me Oreo cookies because of course they help with pain. I ate 10 of them before I knew it. Going to be paying for that. First time in almost 10 months I haven't been on plan. Won't kill me but sure isn't smart. Glad there are no more of the darn things in the house lol. Checked fit day. Since I have been on the lower end of what I allow myself for a few weeks, I am still within my ranges. Think this still means lots of chicken and salads for a week lol. Will just have to see how long it takes to get back into action. Doc said it could be a few days it could be a few weeks.

Clyde
WOW, Don't let that .5 lb get you down. Weight fluctuates and water weight is not our friend. You are doing terrific. You keep going. You are going to hit your goal weight in no time at all.

lovn
HAHAHA Now you know that diet coke made it all better.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:24 PM   #830  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Rennie take care of yourself. You will probably be really sore the next few days. I'm sure you will have bruising coming out all over your body. Maybe you should pass on the exercise videos for a couple of days. Did they give you any painkillers?

Don't push yourself too hard.

I have to say you tripped on a piece of lint? How is that possible?

A nice warm bath will help your aches and pains.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #831  
Rennie

Clyde
thank you for your concern. I tripped on nothing lol. That is why I said lint lol. I have no idea how I did it. Gremlins I think. Oh I am sure I will much more black and blue than I am right now. I swear I look like Spotted Dick lol. We will see each day what I can do. I am not going to over do it. I just know from past experience ( I was in a car accident 20 odd years ago and they told me I would never walk, what do they know, that if you sit around the muscles tighten up. You have to keep moving. They gave me some painkillers but I am not takeing them. I have been in more pain than this in my life lol. Might take one if I can't sleep.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:10 AM   #832  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Oh my Rennie, I'm so glad you are ok. It sounds like you actually got lucky. To fall to the landing and then continue down you had to have been really moving. I'm so glad you are ok. I'm with Clyde on this. Soak in some nice warm tubbies for the next few days and let everyone take care of you. I'm pretty sure 10 Oreos is the recommended prescribed dose for falling down the stairs. You can check the medical journal. It's in there lol Take care of yourself lovely lady.
Clyde, you go girl. 8 pounds and 6 inches in a month. You are my new idol. I bet you are so proud. If not, you should be. Feel me patting your back? No? Ok, here's a big ((( hug ))) instead. Woo hoo
Rainbow, You are such a happy person. I'm totally checking out your new thread today.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:59 AM   #833  
nearly indestructible

S/C/G: 241/117/160

Height: 5'9

I hate when you fall. You always feel so silly. I'm always grateful when no one sees how graceless I am. Hope you don't ache from it.

I got only 4 hours of sleep last night. I want to get up and go eat and do stuff, but I really want to go back to bed! LOL

I'll check back in later on. Hope y'all have a super day!!
Old 02-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #834  
Feed Your Freedom

Goooooooooooooood Morning everyone
How is everyone this beautiful fine and sunny morning??

Rennie...omggggoodness....I am so thankful that you are ok after that terrible fall down the stairs. I agree with Clydegirl....you need to take it easy a bit...please...look after yourself!

Lovn....omg...that california chicken pizza sounds delicious...and don't fret...every now and then having a good buffet isn't so bad....i do think you had something from every food group!

Zoe baby....don't u just hate those days when you wake up and you just know it's going to be one of those days!! I so dislike being sleep deprived. Nigel said to me he never knew anyone who could sleep as much as I could! haha I have to get my 8 hours of beauty sleep...! HA! Hang in there....it’s FRIDAY baby!! Did you find that dress yet??? I'm waiting for that sexy picture!

Chris...thank you so much for the compliment. Fat and jolly I guess they say!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Yesterday....the mail lady came and I saw her out the upstairs window getting a package ready to bring to the door...so I went out to meet her...I love getting packages in the mail...gotta love ebay! I bought some exercise tapes...and yep....they arrived. Well, she said hi...as usual...I get about 3-4 packages a week....so she knows me well! HA! And then she said something almost M-A-G-I-C-A-L....as she handed me the parcel...she said, hey, are you losing weight! <THUD> Well...I can tell you, that since I started on Jan. 8, and just over 20 pounds lost, NO ONE noticed! (well except Nigel...only he knows and if I didn't tell him my weigh in results I don't think he would have noticed!) Well I can tell you this...deep from within the well of reservoir of my soul came this HUGE smile flooding out, that almost made me chuckle...and spread over my entire face like a silly cheshire cat...and I said, I have...thank you for noticing. I took the package...and thanked her, but what I REALLY wanted to do was to tackle her and HUG her neck and say ... no... SCREAM....YES!!!! somebody noticed!!!!!! I wanted to dance around the yard and do a jiggy jig like those football players do in the endzone when they score a touchdown...I wanted to sing...who let da dawgs out..who who who??? Can't touch this!! I swear I could have done a back flip right then and there...except I might have ended up in traction. Well...I came in and put in that exercise tape...a step aerobics tape...and I don't EVEN have my step yet...but I did that step aerobics tape like I was the skinny Queen of England! Well...I did 14 minutes of it anyway before I nearly passed out! How the heck do they do 40 mins. of that on a REAL step????

Isn't it amazing where our inspirations can come from!!!

Did I tell you ALL how much YOUR posts here inspire me???

I love this place!
cheerioooo
rainbowsmiles
Old 02-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #835  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Rennie, I am glad you're ok! That must have been scary and painful! I fell a couple of weeks ago at the gym. We were stretching after a Group Ride class and I slipped in my puddle of sweat and hit the floor. The best part is that the instructor is new and she was doing her taping for her certification. And I was right in view of the camera! So - yay - I can just picture the people watching the tape playing it over and over and laughing. "Hey, Derwood, rewind it again. Here it comes, she's about to bite it. HA HA HA !!!"

rainbowsmiles - what a great compliment! And great job on the step aerobics - you'll do 17 minutes next time and 20 the next. Pretty soon the 40 minutes will whiz by before you know it. I couldn't find your other thread, by the way. I'll keep looking.

I got a compliment today, too. A woman at the gym said I was looking "tiny". TINY! HA HA HA! I did lose another 2.6 pounds last week, that's 11 since Jan. 1!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #836  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Rennie, in my family we don't say "the lint tripped me". We say we tripped on heavy air. It settles at floor level, ya know. You should have seen me the morning I was trying to quietly hurry out for work, went running down the stairs and somehow miscounted, misjudged, forgot to use the bottom step. We were getting ready to move out, we had piles of empty cardboard boxes stacked in that stupid landing. So much for not waking up my roommate! Yes, we did have to replace every one of those boxes, and yes, I limped for the next three days. Definitely keep moving, but keep it light and easy. No sense making things worse than they have to be!

JaneZoe, have things gotten any better for you as the day progresses? Sometimes just getting on with the day and getting busy makes things seem better. Then other times the only thing to do is give it up and take a nap! You have our permission if that's the route you need to take!

Rainbow, you are something else. Speaking of pictures . . . I think I've had three taken in my entire life that I tolerate. The rest, if I can get my hands on them, cease to exist. In the old days negatives too. Definitely not what might be considered photogenic, and I swear every pic I've ever seen of me highlights a major flaw. IMO. So what does my sister bring over yesterday? The last "gift" for being in her wedding. A blessed 2' square frame with 4 5x7 pictures, the only one I'm not in is the one with just her and the new hubby. AND a separately framed picture of the bride and all the bridesmaids. So in one day FOUR ginormous pics to be dealt with. God bless her. Going to be putting them in the closet until I figure out what to do with them.

Yesterday was pretty revealing . . . when I was making "progress" and wasn't frustrated to my eye teeth I was going to the gym twice a day. I'd run over to the gym at lunch, go back to work. Then gas hit $3+ and it just became a financial wrecking ball. I'd been going out to walk at lunch instead, but I've discovered I'm not so good at pacing myself when I'm not on a treadmill. Pathetic, but true. Now I've got a heart rate monitor, who knows, I may be able to get that plan working and get back on track. What the heck, it's just another experiment, if it works I'll be a happy camper and if it doesn't, well, nothing lost.

Hope everybody has a GREAT weekend. Catch up with you all later.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:38 PM   #837  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Rainbow, How awesome is that? Just another reason for you to show off your beautiful smile.

WardHog, ummm how do I get a copy of that lol Congrats on the weight loss too!

I've got a healthy loaf of banana oatmeal bread in the oven. When it's done I'm hitting a country loop that equals 7 miles. I dodged yesterday's food fest with no gain so far, but we all know it can sneak up on us. I'm gonna keep walking so it can't lol It was all worth it. It was the first time in a VERY long time the hubby and I spent the day bumming, just the two of us. Sure, we're out and about together for business every Thursday, but it's just not the same. We finally had long enough alone that we were relaxed, smiling, really enjoying just being us again. Hopefully we can get more alone time when the kid's basketball season is over. Don't get me wrong. We both love being active in our children's lives, but yesterday was great.
And yes Rainbow, you have mentioned how much our posts mean to you. I for one love hearing it.
Toodles and good day!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #838  
nearly indestructible

S/C/G: 241/117/160

Height: 5'9

Oh man. Just went I was feeling super duper down this morning, I got this comment on my non-3fatchick blog. From St. Theresa:

May today there be
peace within.

May you trust God that you are
exactly where you are meant to be

May you not forget the infinite
possibilities that are born of faith.

May you use those gifts that you
have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.

May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle
into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.

It is there for each and every one
of us.

I love the internet. Freaks and all!!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #839  
Rennie

Jane
Nice message. I always say. While there is pain there is life lol. I get tired of hearing my kids complain about aches and pains lol. They have no idea what pain is. Every bone in my body and some bones I don't even have hurt today lol.

lovn
I love the times hubby and I do a veggie in front of the tv festival. I picked him to be with. God gave me my children, I had no choice lol. 3 times a day is what the journal said for the ores lol but I think I will stick to just the one time lol.

Kappy
HAHAHA I am going to use that, heavy air lol. Gosh, hope you are ok. Hope I am not contagious and everyone is going to get a case of the klutzes lol. I found something to do to help pace yourself. I Put one of my walking videos on a sd card so I can hear the audio on my ipod ( heck might not be what it is called, I put these things in my ears and can hear it. My daughter bought it for me for Christmas ) I can keep the pace that way.

wardhog
OH MY GOSH, you poor thing. YES, I can see someone saying that and everyone laughing over and over. Think of it this way. You gave someone a smile. Why is it people laugh when someone trips? lol

Rainbow
It makes all of us feel good when people notice. You keep going with those videos, in no time at all you will be doing them like an old pro. I remember when I did my first mile one. I had to pause the thing a few times. Now, I know I was sick but still. Now, I can do the three mile ones. It will happen, you just keep at it. Glad we encourage you, that is our job .

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-08-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:12 PM   #840  
Feed Your Freedom

wow....did i tell all of YOU that i love love love coming here and reading your posts???
1. you keep me out of the kitchen! hahahahahaha
2. you inspire me and make me feel good...YOU MAKE ME FEEL GOOD!
3. you make me laugh
4. you uplift me...yes YOU....how can i even possible feel down when all i need to do is come check out the posts...and somewhere, someone is typing away right now...sending just that morsel of encouragement that i need....at this very moment...to make me say again...YES I CAN!
5. did i say KNOWLEDGE IS EMPOWERING?

Ward....lawd don't i know how embarrassing it is to fall in front of someone...and i'm sad that happened to you but i love your POSITIVE outlook about it...and TINY....TINY....WOWWWWZAAAA...how i'd love for anyone to offer the word Susan and Tiny in the same sentence. As i sit here and glance down at my body....all of me...i see NOTHING....that is tiny! hahaha AWESOME JOB....keep getting tiny and reenies husband might mail you a teeny baggie to put yourself in! HA! 2.6 pounds!! FANTABULOUS!!!

kappy....tripped on heavy air...baaahahaha...its amazing i don't trip myself all the time, because when i walk there must be "heavy" air everywhere! i'm so glad you weren't seriously hurt when you tripped. i am sooo with you on the pictures thing. i have few pics of me too. nigel gets mad when i delete the pics of me i don't like which is nearly 98 percent of them. i wish i could take a pic of me and airbrush it like the models do and really get a vision of what i might look like when i reach goal....does anyone know how to do that?? kappy, kudos for you for walking during the day...i find that listening to music i load on my mp3 player keeps my pace up when riding my bike...of course make sure you load upbeat songs...maybe that can help you too.

awww lovn....you think i have a beautiful smile?? that just makes my day! THANK YOU. isn't it just crazy the image we have of ourselves? i mean, some people are blessed to have such a positive image of themselves. isn't it fabulous when someone pays you a compliment...i mean, it just seems to put a skip in your step. and we hardly ever forget them. if someone compliments a blouse we wear, somehow we always think back on that compliment EVERY time we wear that blouse! years ago when my children were younger...i would go to work at wally world parttime during the holiday seasons (to get my 10 percent off discount haha) and i would do my best to pay compliments to everyone that came through my checkout line...real compliments. we can all find SOMETHING NICE to say about everyone. I was amazed at the transformation that happened instantly before my eyes. even the most harried mother, with 3 or 4 kids in tow...some crying, whining...tugging at her blouse, kicking...etc...when i would say, you little girl is soooo pretty....even with those tiny crocodile tears on her cheek...and it was amazing how the mom would perk up...and look at her little girl "differently"..or that hurried lady on her lunch break rushing in for a quick pick up of supplies...stressed out to the max...would square up her shoulders and smile at the simplest of compliments. random acts of kindness....something we should all do every day! it sure makes the whole world a brighter place.

and lovin...kudos for your wonderful day spent with hubby...cherish those moments...

janezoe...THANK YOU FOR SHARING THAT....that was very special to me. How quickly we can forget to lift each other up....lift ourselves up...and thank the LORD for all He has done and continues to do for all of us, each and every single day! Thank you

rennie....i laughed outloud last night when i made out the grocery list and added baggies to the list...nigel said, what is so funny...i said YOU HAVE NO IDEA!! and probably wouldn't understand! hahahaha

here are a few things I learned today…
1. don’t do a step aerobics tape in a long sleeve shirt….WWIT??
2. if you need to sneeze, for goodness sake’s put down the cup of tea first!
3. when you need a pick me up lift…from good friends…and good fellowship…pop in and read the chat theads at 3fc….there are some amazing ladies here!!!

Cheeriooooos
Rainbowsmiles
Closed Thread