Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:23 AM   #751  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, I should be happy that we don't have a lot of snow yet. None so far, but they keep threatening that there's a big storm coming in. SO TIRED OF WINTER!!!!! It is just cloudy now and cold. I'm ready for all of this to break so we can at least get to 40. Sorry for the whining, but cabin fever is setting in and the weather has just been so uncooperative!!! I'd love to see some green replacing the brown and white!!

My son has a basketball game today and I need to do some shopping. But it looks like it will be a fairly relaxing weekend for me. I am trying to get past the rest of this sick stuff and get over the coughing, so I'll take a relaxing weekend.

Karen, it is tough giving up the food/drinks we love. But as I've seen so many times in this forum: Nothing tastes as good as losing weight feels. (or something like that) Hang in there!! It will be worth it.

Clyde: I'm planning to fix gumbo tomorrow, so we can have that warming, comfort food. I know what you mean!

Kappy: I wonder if it is, like Rennie said, too much of one thing. I've heard that sometimes if you mix it up, even adding some calories but with different food, it can shake up your body enough to make it start losing. I am no expert though!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 02-03-2008, 07:08 AM   #752  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Diane, Glad you're feeling better. I hope you can kick it altogether soon. DS had a tourney yesterday too. They didn't place at all. There were teams from much larger schools involved and our boys just ran out of steam. Many of our players play for both the 7th and 8th grade teams, because we don't have enough players. The team that finally put them out had enough bench to replace all 5 about every 8 minutes. It makes a big difference. Of course I would have coached them differently and it would have made all the difference LOL
Kappy, Sometimes we just reach a plateau. If you think you're eating and exercising correctly just stay the course. It'll move. Hang in there.
Karen, How does your program work?
Clyde, mmmm carbs. Me too yesterday. I was bad...if you want to think of it that way. After all the basketball and etc.. for the day I hit the grocery store. 1st Cherry pies were on sale. I ate a third of it. Also, Sto_ffe_s Lazagna was on sale. That equalled easy cooking after a long day and I had a big slab of that too, but with all that carbohydrate goodness floating around my system I didn't miss my wine at all. Sometimes I just have to give in and have what I want. Back to program today... the best I can anyway. Today is scout Sunday and we are hosting a pancake brkfst at the church where we meet. We want to say thank you to the congregation. I'm also making super bowl subs with the youth group at my own church and we are having spaghetti to celebrate the start of Lent AND I have plans to go to the movie. Must have popcorn. So, I guess what I'm saying is...I'll have to walk alot of miles tomorrow.
It's so terrific seeing so much chatter here again.
Have a terrific Sunday ladies.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #753  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

So, Lovn, are you all done with basketball now since there was a tourney? My boy has games every Saturday until the 1st of March. Then, I think we get a couple of weeks before baseball starts. Baseball is a crazy schedule, but I enjoy going to that. It is fun to be outside. The first couple of games are usually very chilly, but by the end of the season, you're burning up out there, so it is a transition! My daughter is going out for track for the school. This is the first year she's done that because it is the first time it is available. She's a good runner, but sometimes doesn't have the desire to push herself. We'll see how it goes. I told her to try it and have some fun out there. She likes the fact that the boys will be out there too. Just a chip off the old block.

Today we're going to head to the batting cages and then, weather permitting, to the basketball courts. My son wants to work on his shots. So far they are undefeated, but he was not happy with his shooting.

Well, better go! Need to get ready to do some baseball coaching! ha!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #754  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

It's been a weird day.

Found out late yesterday afternoon that one of our friends sister died of breast cancer --- only 53 years old. Can't believe it -- it is so tragic. Didn't know her well, but whenever we had contact with her she was just so nice. Seemed like a really kind person. So, anyway, we went to the funeral home this afternoon and it was so sad. Her husband was so broken up, poor man. And her kids, just lovely children (maybe 18 - 20ish) and you could just see how horrible the whole thing was for them. All these people, most likely strangers to them (including my husband & I), coming up to them to offer condolences, it was terrible. Things like this just shake my faith!!

Then, to add to the day ... Superbowl Sunday. We aren't big football people, but my husband joined up with 9 other guys and went into a football pool. I just about shot him when he told me about it last week. I was thinking what a waste of money!! Well, to make a long story short, they won $1,000 at half time. His share is $100.00. That'll definitely come in handy, since he said he'd put his winnings into our travel fund.

Like I said, what a weird day!! Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Chris

PS Just found out that they also won 3rd quarter - another $1,000 for the 10 of them. His further share another $100 -- total of $200. Unbelievable.

Last edited by Chris; 02-03-2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: add ps
Old 02-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #755  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Thought I would stop in and say hello. Been busy this weekend spent hour upon hour standing and dishing out food at the soup kitchen. Nothing shakes my faith. I saw all those people who are in hard times. I saw a great many people there to help those people.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-04-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:08 AM   #756  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hello everybody,
Hope your all doing well in your goals, I don't have time to read and catch up though. Its been a whirlwind for me, my business keeps me extremely busy, yup I am an entreprenuer I work 14 hrs a day/ 7 days a week and I'm a one woman show, so I pretty much am superwoman and don't have much free time to post. However, I just wanted to let all know that I am rooting for you guys to make it to the finish line.... I'm doing ok, strayed off track this week a tad, but tomorrow is a new day, nothing to beat myself up over anyways... Buh bye for now...
Old 02-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #757  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Diane, My son's school basketball season ended Dec 20th and then he had his first league practice on Dec 26th. Once you're in league play it's all tournaments. He had had a tourney the last 3 Sat in a row. They had taken
1st place in the first 2, so this loss was probably good for them. All us parents say that, but is it really LOL DS had a terrific 1st game with 11 points and 14 rebounds. He was high rebounder in the 2nd game, but couldn't make a bucket if he'd payed. I felt so bad for him. He handles it really well. I feel so lucky. Once we're heading home all he's concerned with is can we get pizza whether they've won or lost..Their next tourney is March 1st and then we're done with basketball. Thankfully, baseball doesn't start until June. He's had one week of no sports since Aug. I think even he needs a break. DD has a couple Sat of playing left though..never a dull moment!!
Chris, It's always sad when someone is lost. Especially someone so young. I'll pray your friend receives the comfort she needs.
Rennie, I spent alot of time serving food yesterday as well. Pancakes to the parishioners at our local Catholic church. They've allowed both Cub and Boy Scouts to meet in their hall for many years. This was our way of saying thank you.
Went for 4.5 miles with a friend today. It was snowing really hard, but the wind died down at about mile #2 and then it was a beautiful walk. Everything seems so clean and fresh. I had driven to her rural home to walk. On my way home 2 cars and a tractor pulling a manure spreader were in the ditch. I know God loves me and I say thank you!
Have a terrific Monday!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:18 PM   #758  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default 40Something and NEW helppppp..... :)

Hello, I just found this site today, and decided to join. I have tried posting on Craigslist for a weight loss buddy but have not had any success so I decided to try here. I haev over 150 pounds to lose. I live in SC, and would love to find someone close to chat with and be accountable to, or even better, someone that lived close to ride bikes with in downtown Charleston.
If you have more information that might help me, please send me an email. I have started an official "take in" as of Jan this year. So far I am doing well, and have lost just over 20 pounds. Now, after one month, I need support. While 20 pounds is a success, it seems lit just a drop in the bucket for me. Weighing over 300 pounds is no fun. Can you help?
Thanks,
Rainbowsmiles
Old 02-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #759  
Rennie

rainbows
Sorry I don't live anywhere near you. Not even in the same state. You have found a great site to get support and we will sure be here if you need us. Post and let us get to know you. We love to hear how people are doing. All of us have good days and bad. Just having people to chat with can make it a lot easier to stay on this journey we all have taken to a more healthy and thinner person.

lovn
How do you keep your feel from hurting lol. After all these years I have still never found a way to be on my feet constantly for that many hours and them not scream for me to get off of them.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #760  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey all! Another week, another battle with the same blessed 3 pounds. Water is involved. It has to be. Really interesting to get to 7:30, 8 PM and suddenly realize I have to get in another bottle of water before bed . . . !

Chris, for $200 I could have watched the Superbowl! Hurt me, hurt me! I could have caught up on my reading or something while the tv made noise in the background, no problem.

Rennie -- how does Lovn do it? How did you manage it at the food kitchen?That had to take some serious time! Good thing to be doing, good for you. What got you into serving the homeless in the first place?

Sorry Rainbow, I'm across the country. But we will help as much as we can if you'll just post along with us!

BTW, ladies, I'm going to **** for sure. That team that basically told my nephew and us to take a hike? They had a game on Saturday. For the first time this season THEY LOST. Yup. The team fell to second place. Somehow or another it will be our fault that they lost, which is probably why as I did the dance of joy in the living room I didn't so much mind the thought of a particularly hot eternity! In a way it is nice to be out of that emotional war, so now all I have to do is make a mental break so I don't care one way or the other how they do. Or don't do. That's going to take time.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #761  
Feed Your Freedom

Hi Shy Moment,
Thanks for writing back I am trying to learn as much about nutrition as I can. I am officially on a "take in"...as dad from England calls it, instead of a diet....as the word d-i-e-t is such a four letter word to me and reflects a negative feeling to me....maybe it's just me! Still, I like being on a Take In....it means I am taking into my body the things that are nutritionally good for my body to use as fuel! Or it can mean that I am trying to "take in" the size of my hips, butt, thighs, stomach, etc!!! Either way, I am NOT on a Diet, I am on a Take In! haha
I look forward to meeting others here for support. What part of Ohio are you living in? I recenlt moved from Centerville, just south of Dayton and north of Cincin. Cheerio....rainbowsmiles
Old 02-04-2008, 06:28 PM   #762  
Rennie

rainbows
Know where you lived, been in the area many times. I live up in NE Ohio. I am not on a diet. From what I have heard diets just don't work. I have changed how I look at, think about and eat. I do what I do everyday and most of the time, don't even think about it. I try to make sure I get the required amounts of the four basic food groups in a day.

kappy
We all make choices in life of what is important to us. I am a stay at home mother as is lovn. We don't have vacations ( except maybe a few days at the camp grounds ). We own a plain home in a plain town lol. We don't have fancy things or go fancy places. We live within what my husband brings home. Sure I would love a boat and a camper and many other things. BUT I love being home when my kids walk in the door from school or being home when they stay home from school sick. There was a time I had a great job, made lots of money and NEVER slept lol ( I went on 3 hours a day for a very long time ). I didn't have time to sleep if the house was going to be clean and I was going to do all the things that are important to me. It is all about choices. When the hubby was layed off I went back to work and quit as soon as I could. There just wasn't enough hours in the day for me to get things done. I do know a few woman that do it all and I have never figured out how they do it. From the time I was little I helped at the church. We did meals for the poor in the community every week. Just seems like something I have always done. Someone has to. I might as well be one of those someones.

I was always so glad my son wasn't into sports lol. The summer program was enough for me to see I really didn't want to be around a great many of the people who had their kids in sports lol. My daughter plays tennis. She is very good at it because she works at it. Not many of the parents come to the tennis games.

lovn
You are always so busy. I remember the days of girl scouts and boy scouts and all that involves. It was great fun and kept me very busy too. These days the kids are older and there isn't that much to do with them except the community work we do. No matter what, there will always be times through the years we can do things with our kids. My son is in martial arts and my daughter is into tennis. There are times I don't know if I am coming or going with those too lol. Lucky for me everything, at the moment, is close to the house so I still have lots of free time.

Today I have been lazy. Not doing anything for anyone and have no housework or laundry to do. I have set a goal to do 10 1 mile videos. It is great fun. I love the 1 miles sometimes.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #763  
Feed Your Freedom

shy....what are one mile videos?
thanks
rainbowsmiles
Old 02-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #764  
nearly indestructible

S/C/G: 241/117/160

Height: 5'9

Default New & Wanted to Say Hi

I just signed up the other day and wanted to say hi.

I read the word snow and was like... wow. It was near 80 here and it makes me miserable. I know that sounds great to all of you snowbirds, but ug... I'm not a sun bunny.

I look forward to chatting with y'all.

Cheers

(the name is Deb, but I'm blogging under Jane Zoe ... kind of like Jane Doe)
Old 02-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #765  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

A big hello to all the new girls. Glad to see everyone chatting.

I'm struggling today with my eating. Had a not too good weekend, ate too much. There's a doughnut in the kitchen calling my name but I just had a skinny cow ice cream sandwich and hope that tides me over.

I need to drink some more as I've not had enough today.

The one mile videos are exercise tapes you can do that are the equivalent of walking one mile. They're good to do if you can't get out and walk. Leslie Sansone does them.
Closed Thread