Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 03:22 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there Rhonda. I can't wait until my counter shows that I have lost 26 pounds!!

I'm having very annoying cravings today - which I haven't experienced in awhile. Think it's because my schedule was off all day and we were away from home most of it. Have munched on a few carrots and that will hold me until dinner in 2 hours.

It would be easy to dive into the frig as I'm home alone but I commit to you guys that I'm not going to do that. I truly believe I am experiencing emotional hunger, not physical hunger and as someone said, food will not satisfy emotional hunger. So, other than water, the kitchen is closed until dinner time.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:00 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 193/189.6/143

Hi, I'm new. My name is Page.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:08 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Pagec!

I'm down another pound!!! It was hard yesterday! Lunch was very light and I got home from work early (which usually starts those frequent trips to the pantry!). I did have some pretzels (100 cals) and then planted my butt in front of the TV for an hour and made myself not move (easy to do--my back was aching). Then I fixed a good, not too heavy meal and all was good. I came in just under 1200 calories.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:08 AM   #124  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Page!
Old 08-23-2007, 01:45 PM   #125  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Welcome Page. Jump in and chat.

Schools went back today and I got on the scale

So I'm up 4lbs. I was expecting more guess I was lucky. I never do well at the summer.

Anyway I need to get back with the program slow and steady. It's still very hot here so can't get out and walk at the minute. It should cool down soon and I can get back to my walking.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:38 AM   #126  

Talking

Thanks everybody! I went for my first weigh-in at WW yesterday and I'm down 3.4 lbs, not 4 as my little tracker there indicates. I'm really excited. Although new to WW, I'm a dieting veteran so I know that's an unusually big loss and don't expect it to be like that every week but it was gratifying nonetheless. I'm really happy to have found a place for additional support.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:40 AM   #127  

School starts back for me next week. I'm pretty nervous and scared about it actually. It's super hot here too, I'm having trouble getting my walking in. It's tough that you had a gain but you'll get it off. Hang in there!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:41 AM   #128  

Thank you!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:41 AM   #129  

Yay for 1 lb. gone!! Good for you.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:46 AM   #130  

I'm just starting to think about myself and my eating in terms of emotional hunger. I've always understood the concept and knew my eating was influenced by it but right now is the first time I've ever made a commitment to myself to dig into it and try to "fix" it. I get these feelings of "there's never enough" and "I'm never full" and I know those are emotional feelings, not physical hunger. I need to find a way to fill the hole inside. It's not easy but I'm working on it.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:25 PM   #131  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/256/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey Page, sounds like you have a good plan. I know how it is with it being hot and not being able to walk like you'd like to. But, we just have to keep trying to fit it in! Time is the big thing for me right now. Son in football, daughter in volleyball, working... Life!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #132  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I hear you, Diane life always gets in the way.

I'm going to try and go to the gym on Monday. I will take hubs with me as he still has not got a job since he retired a month ago. If he's not careful he will be putting on a few pounds.

Some wicked storms here tonight but it brought the temp down and we got some much needed rain.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:01 PM   #133  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/256/180

Height: 5'6"

Gosh, busy weekend. I'm just now getting on the computer. I don't know if I'm going to like weigh in tomorrow. I've been running, but not for exercise!! I think I might have put in more steps pacing on the sidelines of my son's first game than he did, though.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:35 AM   #134  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Listen, do you hear that sound? It's silence 'cause the kids went back to school today! Wow, this summer absolutely flew by for me. This is the first time I can remember in a very, very looong time that I'm not ready for school to start. Weird. We went down the shore last week (Cape May, NJ). Weather was well, crappy. Cloudy, overcast w/rain all day Tuesday. But we did get to the bay/beach several times. Told the kids to just pretend they weren't cold! The sun peaked out once or twice and by this past Friday - the day we left - the hazy, hot and humid weather returned. Geez, go figure. At least we didn't get burned to a crisp! We did have a good vaca though. We got to bring the dog so all was well. I do not recommend going away the week b/4 school starts. My brain is still on vaca mode.

Today is a day off for me. Am going to read my book and just enjoy doing nothing. Haven't gotten on the scale today (and probably won't) but I'm sure the it's up a few; the clothes are just a bit snugger. Need to get my mind back into 'routine' mode. Summer just blows everything out of kilter. I did pretty ok until about a month ago, then it all went downhill.

It's unbelievably quiet here. Am taking Penny dog for her tooth extraction on Wednesday. Alinnell, how are your pups? Congrats on the lb. loss!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. The weather here is nice today -- actually turned the A/C off and opened all the windows. Am going to go on the TM in a bit but am not expecting my usual workout. Am going to have to build up to it -- again. Darn!! Have a good one all.

Jo
Old 08-27-2007, 11:51 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good Monday morning!

My kids don't go back to school until next Tuesday, but since I work, it really won't feel much different to me.

The dogs are doing great. Chico and I went to Temecula to meet up with some acquaintances from a Labrador board forum. The dogs played, the girls talked, ate and drank. It was fun. I made Buddy stay at home due to his advance age (all the dogs that were there were 4 years old and younger). Buddy at 13+ wouldn't have enjoyed himself much. The good news with Buddy is that he is coming out of his funk. He's been eating again!!!! In fact, this morning, he ate a whole serving of dog food. It's been over a week and a half since he ate a decent meal. He's starting to act like his old self (except for the fact that he's still freaked out about eating from a bowl--I have been hand feeding him).

Other than that, it was a restful weekend. Didn't do much other than run errands. My sister in Texas fell and broke her ankle so I was on the phone with her for a while. That reminds me, I need to call my Mom. Have a great day!!
Closed Thread