S/C/G: 202/see tracker/165

Height: 5'8"

Get Dressed Rhonda!
Old 08-09-2007, 03:38 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 245/237/165

Height: 5'10.5"

Default I'm Back!

Hi Ladies!
I'm back from 2 weeks of vacation (which was wonderful on SO many levels). According to the scale, I'm heavier now than when I left and due to TOM, large quantities of salt intake, and dehydration, I don't know if it's my "real" weight or not. I'll give it to next week before I change my ticker. If I sound light-hearted about it, it's because I'm determined to get this weight completely off. It WILL come off. I look forward to it.
I'm set for an assessment by a personal trainer at my gym tomorrow. Might not sound like fun, but I really need some alternative stretching and weight lifting strategies to help things out...
Will talk more later. Just wanted to pop in and say Hi!
Take care in this heat.
Cammie
Old 08-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #48  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

I've got a brilliant idea-we should find a place that is rainy and cozy, jump into our jammies and have a big ole BLAB session!! Have a fire going......
Colorado sounds pretty good...hint, hint Diane!!

**slaps face**I was having a moment there....I'm ok now.

-Jan
Old 08-09-2007, 04:59 PM   #49  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back, Cammie! Glad you had fun and great to see such a good attitude!

Jan, that reminds me of a couple of summers ago when some friends of mine from high school all got together at a condo in Breckenridge. No kids, no husbands, just 5 of us women. We talked and talked and talked and talked. I can't tell you how much we laughed. It was such a great time. Sometimes you get so wrapped up in taking care of "things", you forget how it used to be when you just had time to talk and laugh. Good times!
Old 08-09-2007, 05:01 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Oh, I long for a nice cool day so I can curl up in front of the fireplace! To think I came from Utah to this furnace!!! But, yeah, it does get cold here in the winter. A lot of people don't believe me when I tell them that!
Old 08-09-2007, 05:17 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 202/see tracker/165

CAMMIE!

Welcome home - glad you had fun! I wouldn't count this week's weight if I were you, as long as you're back on track. It'll come right off!

Girls, I'm not sure about cozy and fireplaces but if it's going to be this hot, can't we be sitting by a pool in some exotic place drinking (lo-cal) fruity drinks and ogling the pool boy? I'll bet we could get some good blabbing accomplished in Bermuda baby!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:32 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

You guys would love it here right now.....winter on the south coast of Australia is the best. About 70 during the day and just cool enough at night for a small fire. Don't be too jealous though - come Christmas it will be miserable and I'll be whinging to you about it!
Old 08-10-2007, 09:21 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning! Hi Cammie!
Old 08-10-2007, 09:27 AM   #54  
Diane

Kris, 70's sound so good! I heard on the news last night that we're heading back into a heat wave. "Nearing the century mark".... great.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 245/237/165

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Pool and Cool

Good Morning Everyone!
Thanks for all the Welcome Backs...
I had to laugh though. I did a modified version of Hoping's recommendation (not in Bermuda). While on vacation I found myself sitting in my daughter's wading pool and watching my mother's "hired helper guy" paint the porch. (Not a pool guy but definitely worth watching. Then again, I looked pretty good when I was in my twenties, too.) I just cracked up at the thought of me, this "fluffy forty-something" sitting in a kids wading pool, having "girl talk" with my just-turned-three year old, watching this handsome youngster. (To be honest, I was watching more to make sure I could get up out of the wading pool and cover up with a towel before he saw my hinder.)
I don't know about the rest of you ladies, but, as miserable as some of this heat is...it's not 145 degree weather (which I've lived in without air-conditioning). So, yes, it's not the most fun, but remember March when we (or maybe it was just me wishing) were wishing for some warm weather? Well, here it is...now if only I'd stay outside and take advantage of this free sauna, maybe I could lose some weight.
As for autumn (perhaps my favorite time of year...and when I truly "nest"), it's just around the corner! It's going to be here before we know it! I'm looking forward to the fall too. Problem is, I still have a bunch of summer things that need to get done. (Garden stuff, sorting in the garage, playing in the park, more Saturday trips to the pool...) Ahhhh, to dream that I actually have enough time to do all that.
Take care and I hope to have time to update you on my Personal Trainer assessment before the weekend is out.
Cammie
Old 08-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #56  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Actually could use a pool boy about right now. We were on vaca for a couple days and came back to a green pool. I am on my way to vacuum now with the hopes that most of the "green" is on the bottom. How many calories to you think that I can burn. I am going to try and do the lunges that they recommend you do when you vacuum inside your house!! I figure if I am in the water (it's an above ground pool) the resistance has to count for extra!!
Old 08-11-2007, 03:30 AM   #57  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

My summer is basically over come Monday morning, when I have to drive my oldest daughter to soccer tryouts at 7 am and AGAIN at 5 pm- two sessions in one day, possibly longer. If she makes one of the teams, then it's practices everyday until October- yippee, skippy! My son also starts soccer next week, in the morning as well, then my youngest daughter starts the following week. I feel like summer is so short because of sports. *sigh*
Old 08-12-2007, 12:16 AM   #58  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Hi guys!! Hey thanks Diane for the PM about the new thread. I haven't been on since mid July -- nice to see an "all-inclusive" 40 thread -- good idea! This has been the busiest, run-around summer I can ever remember having. And yes, I am very ready for the kids to go back to school. We're going on vacation down the shore the 3rd wk. of August then they go back on Aug. 27. Maybe then I'll be able to have a coherent thought w/out interruption.

Mr. Scale is still the same. Like alot of folks, it seems like summer is a tough time to lose. The complete lack of schedule makes it tough to do anything, so I jump on the TM when I can, and am still using weights but so haphazardly that I might have to start all over again in a few weeks. As long as I can get in a few days here and there until then, I think I'll be ok.

We have one more college visit to do but we're currently trying to decide btwn one of two colleges. If both offer the quality major that you're looking for, eek! how do you decide which college to choose? <sigh> I'll be glad when that decision is made but AM NOT looking forward to the end of next summer.

Has anyone heard from Kimush? I looked back at previous posts but didn't see her anywhere. Hopefully everyone is just busy and postings w/pick up more in a few weeks.

Hope everyone is well. HI! to everyone I don't know yet and another HI! to those I do know.

Let's all spend the next couple of weeks (until the blissful routine of school ) mentally preparing ourselves to get back into this weight loss thing seriously and get some poundage off by Christmas!! Sound good? TTFN

Jo

P.S. A little tasty treat that's low cal -- Minute Maid Soft Frozen Lemon and Lemon/Raspberry pops. Very, very tasty w/only 70 calories per pop. Creamy like a sorbet but cool and refreshing like water ice. YUM!

Last edited by Is that really me; 08-12-2007 at 12:28 AM.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #59  
Diane

Welcome back Jo, you've been missed! It is unbelievable to me how busy the summer can be. The only experience I have with choosing a college is when I did and I knew that if the one college accepted me, that was the one. They did, and that's where I went. I don't know what you do if you have 2 that are similar! Good luck with that, and please share what happened so that maybe the rest of us can learn from your experience. I have a few years before that happens, but when the time comes, I know I'll be freaking out a little... ok, a lot.

Steelslady, I hear you! My son started football about 2 weeks ago and it really felt like that was it... summer over. They have practice at least 4 nights a week. And, starting last Friday from 5-8 and yesterday from 9-11:30 and 12:30 to 3:00, he had a football camp. With him being 11, I'm the driver! And my 13yo daughter hasn't started volleyball yet! That's coming, too! I'll tell you, though, I absolutely enjoy the sports so much. It's just the other stuff (cleaning, cooking, etc) that gets way too hectic. I wish I knew the answer! I was looking at my weed garden and all I hope now is that no one wants to come for a visit. It's embarrassing! But, I also know that in no time, this will end. I'll miss it then! So, the house can stay not-so-clean and the yard not-so-nice for now.

Don't get me wrong, though. I get so tired sometimes. My husband has his own business, which translates into: He's not a lot of help. It is really hard to ever have any time for me and any kind of weight loss. I'm holding steady right now, and that feels like a victory. Until it gets cooler, it is impossible to walk during my lunch hour during the week. I'm supposed to be getting up early in the morning to get it in, but ... well... I'm lazy. But, I want to really push these last few months of the year and get some good losses showing!

My daughter told me the other day that I need to clean out my storage room because you can't walk in there. Thanks, sweety, you're a lot of help. I told her that she could work on it and I got the deer in the headlights look.

Well, better get going. We have school clothes to buy today. I took my daughter yesterday and today I'll torture my son by taking him. My daughter could spend all day shopping, but it kills my son after about 5 minutes. He always says that he doesn't need to try anything on... "it will fit". Sure it will. Ha!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone. I'm having a bad moment and just need to vent.

Today was weigh day and the flippin' scale did not move, AGAIN. I have been so diligent about tracking my food (1500-1600 calories per day) and I have exercised like a crazy woman this week and the scale did not budge. What am I doing wrong? I don't know what else I can do and I am really frustrated about it all. And, it's not like I've just started.....it's been weeks since I've had any significant weight loss and overall, I've only dropped about 10 pounds over 2 months.

Should I stop weighing all together? But, to do that, isn't that a bit denial-ish? Do I buy a decent scale? Do I only weigh once a month? Do I stop focusing on the numbers on the scale and just focus on how I feel?

I DO feel better having established a good eating plan and getting regular exercise. However, it's not easy. It takes work. And, it would be a good thing to see results from these good habits. Have I stuffed up my metabolism so badly that I will never be able to lose weight? Is it my medication? What a frustration that would be is my medication is preventing me from losing weight but I can't get off the medication because I can't lose the weight.

I'm going to take about 5 more minutes to have a little pity party and then I'm going to move on. I'm not going to give up. I will continue to track my food and I will continue to exercise but I just want to go on record saying that I am not happy. I feel like I have been doing everything possible to become fit and healthy and the universe is just laughing in my face.

whew.....I feel better now having typed that out.
Closed Thread