Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 07:46 AM   #706  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Carole, I no longer have 50 pounds to lose, but did when I first started. I would love to give you encouragement and to also receive encouragement from you. I'm 43 with 4 children. I gave birth to all of them between the ages of 29 and 35. All that combined with the stress of being a stay at home mom really did a number on the ole bod. I've been a yo yo dieter since the age of 12 and have finally figured out this journey has to be about my health not the size of my jeans. It looks like you've made a good start having lost 3# already. Now, love yourself enough to keep up the good work.
For myself, I'm going to be happy if I even maintain this month. It's been so cold for so long. I'm keeping up with miles on the TM, but with the weather I just don't go anywhere unless I actually HAVE to. It's getting harder and harder to say no to the simple carbs. When it's freezing out and your feeling trapped, nothing says happiness quite like an english muffin with butter and raspberry jam. I'm hanging in there though. Hope you all are too!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:02 AM   #707  
rene

S/C/G: 338/321/170

Height: 5foot4

Here I am again.......I haven't posted for months. even had the 41st birthday while i avoided writing. my husband is doing weight watcher points with me this time and it is better. he is such a bad influence if he doesn't need to lose weight. I have off work today and have exercised. off to a good start. have a great day.
rene
Old 01-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #708  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey all. It's still cold, work is still somewhat nuts, got the exercise back on track but I'm still not losing, congrats to all who are. I really envy you!

Last edited by kappy; 01-23-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: no responses, too off track
Old 01-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #709  
Karen

S/C/G: 170/160/120

Thumbs up New Member

Hi Everyone. I just joined MRC last night and have my Food Instruction on Friday. I have 50 lbs to lose and feel very positive about the program, especially after reading all the wonderful postings. I'm 45 and have five children and never had a weight problem before I hit 40 and my metabolism obviously slowed down. I'm tired of not fitting into my clothes and not feeling healthy. I'm excited for Friday and am not really sure what to expect or what happens at the class.

Thanks for sharing all your thoughts and ideas. It's very encouraging!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #710  

S/C/G: 182/134/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey everybody,

I haven't been here in a while. Sounds like everybody is doing well. It's so nice to be able to come here for encouragement. I am very close to my goal so I know it can be done!! Everyone keep up the great work!!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #711  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Default Good news and bad news.

First the good I lost 3 lbs this week

Now the bad my doctor called with my blood results and my cholesterol is 275

It has never been that high. He wants to repeat in 4 months and I've to do what I can to lower it.

I'm in a better frame of mind and have lost 6 lbs since new year. I've also started exercising.

So I will lower it never fear.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #712  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

Clydegirl ... I, too, once had high cholesteral and exercise was a huge factor in lowering it. Keep up the exercise and you'll be suprised at how quickly it'll drop.

Chris

PS Dropped another pound ... down 2 --- 16 to go!!

Last edited by Chris; 01-24-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:23 PM   #713  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hello everyone,
hope your all doing well. Kudos to clyde on the loss, hope you can get a handle on the cholesterol going down down down as well.

Yeah chris, another one down is super.

I am holding my own, 1 pound below goal actually...
Old 01-25-2008, 08:33 AM   #714  

Rene, Keep up the good work. It should help having the support of a diet buddy. I've been at it long enough now that my DH just accepts it as my lifestyle and doesn't sabotage anymore, but when I first started woo hoo. I think they get afraid that someone else will want what they have. Ya know.
Kappy, just stay the course. You'll bust that plateau. January can seem like such a long month. It's been below zero for more than a week now (30 below at night). I'm sure even sunny CA has some sort of winter that messes with your head. We're here for ya. Keep on keeping on.
Karen, When you answer I'll probably feel stupid but, what's MRC. I'm coming up with nothing. I'm 5'2", 43, with 4 children. I weighed 175 when I started. If I can do it so can you. Check in to receive or give support as often as you can.
Clyde, Cool another 3 pounds gone. 6 since the first of the year. You are rockin' girl. Good luck on the cholesterol. Exercise helps tons.
Chris, Great job!
Hi ya Evil
Carla, 4# from goal. Awesome! I've missed your posts. Hope all's well.
Rennie, where the h - e double hockey sticks are ya?????
As for me. DD had a birthday this week. We had a nice family party. She'll do something with her friends when basketball is over. I've gotten 15 miles done on the TM so far this week. It's still way below zero so no outside activity. I think the TM is the only thing keeping me sane. It is suppose to start warming up today though. If the winds are calm I can handle walking outside at 10 degrees above. It's basketball in 3 different cities again tomorrow, but at least one is at our own school and another is only 5 miles away. I can actually run (drive) back and forth and see some of both children's games. DH is going with the 3rd child. In March it all settles down and we get a life back until baseball!!!
have a great day all!
Old 01-25-2008, 11:38 PM   #715  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

lovn
I finally have the system rebuilt but now I have to reinstall all the programs I use lol. I should have everything caught up by Sunday night lol.

Clyde
Mine was at 250 I just lowered the fat I was taking in. Now it is at 200 or was last time I had it checked. Going to have it checked in July. Doc is happy with 200 I am happy with 200 lol.

end
welcome back. You need to stick with us. Just chatting keeps us all accountable. Also gives us someone to complain too lol.

Aspiring
Hello, nice to have you here. I had a lot more weight to lose 6 months ago than I have today. Am very lucky so far, no extra skin hanging around lol. There are so many different ways we are taking the weight off, getting in shape and learning to eat healthy. You can encourage us just as much as we can encourage you. Post often and let us know how things are going.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:00 AM   #716  

Wow, chatter has like come to a screeching halt here. Sad, we were all dishing away just a couple weeks ago. I hope the winter blues hasn't grabbed ahold of some of you. I had a busy weekend filled with basketball, scouts, and church. DS's team took 1st place in a tourney again this weekend. I'm a bit nervous all the winning will go to their heads. They're a great group of boys though. So, Sat found me eating 2 slices of deep dish pizza. Yesterday I did coffee hour at church and then swimming with the scouts. I did more hot tub sitting than swimming but, it lead to a fried chix sandwich and sm order of fries at McD's !!!! My calories were still in check both days, but I was feeling pretty sluggish from the over salting and relaxing. Thankfully, another parent wanted my DD to go to open gym at the school to work out a new play, because then I walked the halls for 3 miles. I'm feeling fairly unpuffed and ready for clean eating this morning. My weight is down, but I don't officially count it until the last day of the month. I gotta be good for a couple more days lol
Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #717  
Rennie

lovn
I thought the same thing. Have been wondering where everyone is. Just about have the computer caught up and housework is done so I am a happy camper. Congrats about the win. You never know with kids, some take all the winning really well and others don't. You boy sounds like a good kid, bet he takes it in stride. Eating, well, we do have days we eat things we shouldn't but we also have days we breath so that is life lol. Glad you are staying within the ranges you are happy with.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #718  

Yeahhhhhhh Rennie's back aaaaaannnnnnndddd it's 41* A-B-O-V-E zero today. A girlfriend and I got out early and did 4.5 miles this morning. The sun is shining, the roads are melting, those darn snowmobiles will not be running through my yard woo hoo. Life is good when it warms up. There's rain and freezing rain in our forecast for tonight, but who cares. Right now the sun is shining and it is warm. Whoopie!!!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #719  
Rennie

lovn
We had a few kids try to go thru peoples yards a few years ago. Mine is fenced in so they don't bother with mine. HAHAHA one got a bum full of buck shot and they didn't go thru peoples yards anymore.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:08 PM   #720  
Dtrmndtosucceed43

S/C/G: 249/249/135

Height: 5'2''

Hi, everyone. I am in my fourth week on the forum, and I have not chatted much this past week due to hard drive crash. It is somewhat better, but not all of the way repaired and I don't have all my programs!

Would like to ask everyone to please keep my son,Thomas, and us all in your thoughts prayers tomorrow. He is 18 and has autism and is scheduled for a minor surgery in the morning. He will have genreal anestesia and will have some pain and discomfort when he wakes up.

Have a healthy Tuesday!

Michele
Closed Thread