Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 10:51 PM   #691  
Dtrmndtosucceed43

S/C/G: 249/249/135

Height: 5'2''

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the congrats- Chris, Clyd, and Evvil. It is nice to have folks to share with!

Clyd- Frozen shoulder sounds painful! Feel better, soon

Chris- way to go on the 1lb! Every one adds up as we already know!

Stay warm this weekend everyone and have a restful, stress free time!

Michele
Old 01-19-2008, 12:53 AM   #692  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Clyde
Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Took me almost two years when I had mine to get it pretty much back to normal.
You count every oz of weight loss you get. Just remember you have less to lose today than you did yesterday

Dtrm
WOW that is fantastic.

Well everything is held together with a big bandage until my new parts come in. Wish my machine worked as well as the rest of them I built. Isn't that how it i, mechanics cars never run as well as the peoples cars they fix lol, plumbers always have buckets under their kitchen sink because they don't feel like fixing any more plumbing. Well my computer has told me it has taken all it can take and these 5,000 year old drives just aren't going to do anymore lol.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:05 AM   #693  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! I'm back. It was a good trip to Denver, but so glad to be home. I had 5 different companies that I met with while I was over there and we had our big agency sales meeting with our Denver office. Good times. The big boss from Denver has a luxury box at the Pepsi Center, so we went there on Thursday to watch the Nuggets play. That's probably the best part of the trip for me! ha! I caught a big time cold over there, so I'm struggling with that right now, but I think I'll live. I've done well so far this winter, but this one is a nasty one.

I didn't get much for exercise at all while I was gone, but I tried to be good on the food. I think it went pretty well. I stayed away from the nachos at the game, so that was a victory.

My son has his first basketball game today. He's all excited. I'm anxious to see how they do. He has a new coach this year and I think he has learned so much more than in the past 3 years. Should be fun.

Other than that, I just have to get caught up on everything. Laundry is out of control and I need to go to the grocery store. Life in the fast lane, you know!?

Glad to see everyone chatting so much! It was fun trying to catch up. Rennie, when I first read your most recent post, I thought you were talking about putting a big bandage on YOU waiting for YOUR parts to come in. I think this cold is clouding my vision!! ha!

Clyde, I had to go back to the phys therapist for my back and hip. It was making me feel like a 90 year old woman! Injuries suck!!! Hope you get to feeling better!

Michelle, Chris - good job on the weight loss!

Evil, Lovn, everyone - what's up with you all?
Old 01-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #694  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Terrific jobs on your losses Chris and Clyde. It's a long journey each oz counts and adds UP!!
Nice to see you back Diane. Be sure to fill us in on your son's basketball game. He's about 12 y/o right?
Rennie, Up and running already girl and that's an order. I miss your inspiration.
It's been busy busy hear in the heartland. I can hardly wrap my mind around the fact it was only A WEEK ago DD was singing in Madison. SO much has been going on it feels like a month ago. 3 children playing basketball yesterday all seperate cities an hours drive apart. Luckily the schedules were so I could actually watch both my youngest play. Everybody sing, " on the road again.." DH went with our oldest for their first club ball tourney and yes, they brought home the gold...I was so happy. It was a long waite to get the news. The school I was at and the school DH was at both are schools built in very rural areas to accomodate bussing and overcrowding issues. Both terrific districts with nice schools etc....but cell phone service was iffy....so bad we had to turn our phones off for fear of batery drainage due to all the searching for service ughhhh, but when the call finally came in it was worth the waite...They won all 3 games by more than 20 points and DS was high scorer in the first game. Considering he's a 6th grader playing on a 7th grade team that made the DH pretty proud...the other 2 kids had great days too, but their's were just play days...a bunch of round robin play with no scores kept...just glorified practices that basicly raise money for the athletic program of the host school...today it's all about youth group at church....a service project and then off to the movies...with the wind chill it's again 28* below zero this morning....my furnace is running non stop and my TM seems to be resenting me almost as much as I do it!
Hope you're all doing well
Has anyone read anything from Theresa (candle girl) anywhere else? I'm wondering how she's doing.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:01 AM   #695  
Its up to me!

S/C/G: 244/175/244

Height: 5'3"

Default Trying really hard

Boy does the body change when you are 40 something. I am looking forward to being part of the "Red Hat Society" in a 3 years but plan to do it in a much smaller dress!
Would love to share ideas and recipes that have worked for you guys and myself. Life is so hecktic and it is hard to find the work out time and prep for cooking time and down time.
My hubby chilipepperman is doing this with me so I have home support. Our 14 year old is also being a cheerleader for us and learning the habits of good eating along the way.

Look forward to talking to you all and have a great Sunday and a wonderful week!
Old 01-20-2008, 03:50 PM   #696  
Turning it around...

S/C/G: 215/see slider/145

Height: 5'5

Hi all! I'm freeeeeezing here in NY...if only one could, in fact, freeze their butt off, I'd be all set! LOL!

~Happy Sunday!
Old 01-21-2008, 12:43 AM   #697  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hello all, well I am officially in my 10 month maintaining my weightloss and I am happy to report drum roll please...................my weigh in today I am right on holding the 25 pound loss and yanno it feels GREAT, I am doing it, my maintenance is doable!

If I can do this, so can all of you!

~Wendalyn
Old 01-21-2008, 07:59 AM   #698  

It's been 14* below with no windchill factor for 3 days in a row. If the freeze off method worked I'd be out there in a downfiled tube top and nothing else. For as long as it takes!!! Help my youth group with a service project yesterday and then went to "I Am Legend." Very intense. I like it, but the end just wrapped up and it was over. It left me with too much to think about. Does that sound too blonde lol Anyhoo, today is all about getting the house caught up and laundry. If your theory is correct Rennie, my laundry had an orgy last night. Maybe to feel better after the Pack's loss. It's suppose to get about 16* above today. I'm hoping to get in a long walk. Yee ole PMS meeter is running pretty high. A good long walk would sure help.
Chili, you are so right about the body changes after 40. I'm 43 and my DH will be 40 this June. I keep warning him...he doesn't believe me...but we've been their. He should heed my warning!! Good luck to both you and Jaelini on your adventure to a better healthier you.
There was a masked bank robber on crutches in Albuquerque, NM last night. Did it look like Jan to any of you???? lol
Have a great day!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:20 AM   #699  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Stay warm lovnmom, sorry to hear about all you packer backers, so so close though, they must have been frozen fella's!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #700  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

Are any of you up for the virtual walkathon challenge? I'm in although I only walk on the treadmill and only during the winter months. I did query about running and inline skating. I wouldn't care if the inline mileage was converted to more of a walking thing. I can walk 4 miles in an hour and I can skate 10 and come Spring I skate a lot -- at least 10 miles a day and usually 26 on Sunday's.

Chris
Old 01-21-2008, 09:23 PM   #701  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

I was thinking about starting a new thread for the 40 somethings where we could all record our physical activity for the day or week or few weeks. That way if we record it we may find ourselves trying to be more active and that can only help. We could also fill each other in on any new type of activity we may have tried perhaps. Is anyone interested in that and does anyone know if it's been done already?

Chris
Old 01-22-2008, 08:27 AM   #702  

Chris, I record my miles on an exercise thread. We all challenge ourselves not each other to a monthly goal. I'd be willing to record on a 40 something thread as well.
Rennie, A zoo? Me too and I'm not even counting the kids or the hubby lol Weather is still for poo here so all exercise is happening indoors. Grrrr I did 7 miles in 93 minutes yesterday. My only goal was to not go lower than 4.5 mph in the first 4 miles and then no lower than 4 mph in the last 3. It was a very pleasant surprise to find myself staying at 5 mph more than any other speed and not feeling any "physical" discomfort from it. I'm a walker not a runner, but my heart and lung capacity are definitely increasing. That's a good thing! The children are home from school today. Yesterday was the end of the 2nd 9 weeks. Report cards soon...Younger DD's birthday is tomorrow. She wants a cake with ice cream in it so, I think we'll make one at home today rather than ordering one. She'll enjoy that and I'm sure she'll want to make cup cakes or something to share with her class tomorrow. She can help with that too. Say a prayer that I don't do too much spoon and bowl licking lol
Have a great day ladies!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:44 AM   #703  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Lovn-
I was just SICK TO MY STOMACH on Sunday to watch our beloved Packers lose. The Superbowl is here this year and we are going over to the NFL Experience next week. I could just cry!!! Hubby had to do some work sprucing up at the stadium last week and he said it was crazy. We are sad that we don't have tickets-but at $4,000 each-that's a two week cruise to China for Heaven's Sake.
Everyone keep up the great work!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #704  
Dtrmndtosucceed43

S/C/G: 249/249/135

Height: 5'2''

Happy Tuesday, everyone! My hard drive died, so I am sort of here and not here. DH is fixing me up in his spare time which is sparse!

Thinking good and encouraging thoughts to all. i have missed being here these past couple of days!

Michele
Old 01-23-2008, 01:45 AM   #705  

S/C/G: 224/190/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Buddy Time?

Hi there I'm 45 (soon to be 46 this year) and trying this again. I have six children, his, mine and ours - five I claim, and two grandkids that are awesome. I have a wonderful daughter-in-law and great husband. We have three dogs (chihuahuas) and one cat. I have a sleeping disorder which makes it hard to keep up my energy for exercising and avoiding the allure of simple carbs! Would love someone who has over 50 lbs. at least to lose that can relate to the obstacles of trying to lose weight as well as trying to keep from having to spend my tax return on plastic surgery to remove folds of skin if I'm lucky enough to lose a substantial amount of weight, LOL! I need to keep motivated to exercise and would love to motivate someone else as well. Let's chat and keep each other going!
Closed Thread