Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:56 AM   #646  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Karen, Sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #647  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Karen,
My deepest sympathies in losing your grandfather.
Sending feeling better vibes your way, take care and hope your on the mend soon.

I had 2 christmas parties earlier this week, Serbian christmas. I am sorry to say I ate too much and drank too much wine. Tonight I have another christmas party and Saturday yet another Christmas party to attend! I am so ready for all these Christmas parties to be over with already, so I can get back to normalcy and healthy routine eating!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #648  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi girls.

Well I was at the dentist this morning and half of my face was numb the whole morning. No pain though he's a very good dentist.

Karen so sorry about your grandfather my condolences.

Evil christmas parties in January yikes. I'm glad we are all finished with the holiday drinking and eating season.

Lovn your daughter will have a wonderful time at state. Hope they do well.

Diane hi there. Dairy Queen blizzards yum.

We have pom competitions tomorrow. It's the season. I do enjoy watching them. The girls put a lot of time and effort into them.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #649  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

Thanks to each of you for the welcome and I am looking forward to being a part of this forum and getting to know everyone. It is really nice to know there are others in the "same boat", so to speak, as myself.

Also a big thanks to Evil for sending me to the fitday site. I have used the site for the past two days and I can see where it'll be a useful tool. Today I put in every single thing I ate and thank goodness (by shear luck) I had about a 280 calorie deficit. I can see where this alone will help me lose the excess pounds because writing down everything I eat will force me to take a good look at my diet and probably shame me into cutting back. Although I do eat healthy foods, I suspect that my portions are way out of line. Hopefully the calorie counting will be enough to start shedding this excess weight.

I do have one question though, how much protein should a person have a day? I have no idea and if anyone knows, please tell me because that info would be of great value.

Until next time ... wishing you all a great day!!

Chris
Old 01-11-2008, 11:29 PM   #650  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Chris
I found this for you hope it helps a bit.
We need 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight daily. For a woman who weighs 60 kilos, that would be about 50 grams of protein a day. Most of us get plenty of protein. Seek out protein sources that are lean, such as egg whites which need to be cooked, white meat poultry, or fish. Even beans are a good source of protein for the diet. Dairy products as well, but they have carbohydrates also.

I happen to take in on average, according to fit day 75 grams a day. This article tells me I need 47. I don't try to take it in. Protein is in most everything I eat. You may find you are taking in plenty.

Clyde
Glad the dentist went well. I have a great one. I am a big baby and she treats me with kid gloves .

Karen
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Will keep you in my prayers. I do know that you mean. When my father died I had mixed feelings. Of course I would miss him but he had been in such pain for years that I was glad he finaly got to meet our Lord and not be in all the pain anymore.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:25 AM   #651  

Clydegirl, Good luck to your daughter as well. Mine called about 9pm last night. Rehearsals were grueling yesterday, but they went to a terrific concert last night. They were rooming with 2 other girls they'd never met. All of them hit it off great and were heading to the pool and arcade. Lights had to be out by
10:30. Brkfst at 7:30am today and rehearsing again by 8:15.
It's off to the races for the family again today. Both sons play basketball 70 miles apart and then from the 2 locations DH and I both will head out another 95 miles to hear DD sing. It'll be at least a 12 hr day of run, run, run. Nutrition will probably be bad, bad, bad. I'll just have to take an extra l-o-n-g walk tomorrow.
Have a great Day!!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #652  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey all!

Karen: Let me add my condolences, too. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It is just never an easy thing to go through.

Lovn: Glad things are going well for your daughter. I guess if you keep them busy, you keep them out of trouble!! Ha! What a great event for her to attend. How were the basketball games?

Clyde: Tell us how the pom competitions go. What a fun thing to watch!

Evil: That's just wrong to have Christmas parties in January! Just when we're all trying to get back to being good. But, I'm sure it was fun!

Well, I had a good day yesterday. It was nice taking the day off. I didn't get as much done as I wanted, so I still have some things to do this weekend. Darn! I didn't really expect to get it all done... Oh well.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 01-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #653  
skategirl

S/C/G: 148/139.5/130

Hey Shy
Thanks for the info on protein. You're correct I am getting enough protien right now so I won't worry about it.

Chris
Old 01-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #654  
Rennie

Chris
I didn't think I was getting enough either and found out I was getting way more than enough lol.

Slash
I am a lucky lady. The house is clean the shopping is done. I am going to sit tonight and do laundry and watch tv with old wolfbainbreath.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #655  

S/C/G: 190/185/145

Height: 5'4"

Default New to the forum

Hi all. I've been on so many diets over the years, never lasting much longer than the first week. I feel like I hit a wall when I turned 40 last year. So, now I've joined Jenny Craig and I'll be on her 10 week plan. Although I have the support of friends and family, I think that being publicly accountable by posting on this forum will help me on my way. I'm looking forward to reading all your posts.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #656  
One pound at a time.

Busy day. The competition went well. They finished first in pom and second in pom dance in their division. However now the coach wants to change their pom dance routine for the next competition. I always enjoy watching the routines. The music is good too.

Lovn how did your daughter get on today?

Hubs is watching the football. His team ,the Jaguars, are playing the Patriots. He's very quiet at the moment don't think that's a good sign.

Hi Cat Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:24 PM   #657  
Dtrmndtosucceed43

S/C/G: 249/249/135

Height: 5'2''

Default new here

I am new to this forum and to trying to lose weight. I need to lose about 115lbs.My DH and I started trying the Sugar Busters lifestyle last week. So far, so good.

I am looking for friends and encouragement. Hoping to make some new friends.

Michele
Old 01-13-2008, 09:37 AM   #658  
One pound at a time.

Hi Michele welcome to the 40 somethings.

We have a good chat thread going here. Pop in every day, lots of encouragment.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #659  

Welcome to both Michelle and CatOB, Looking forward to getting to know you.
Hey Diane and Rennie,
Clyde, How awesome for your daughter. I bet you were so proud. My youngest girl dances and I just love "show time." We haven't done competition dance, she's in so many sports I said no to the extra expence, but I think I said no, because I would enjoy it too much lol
DD concert was beautiful. She loved the director. A woman from Canada. DD said even though they practiced more than 9 hours in 2 days the director made it seem like fun rather than work. They sang 7 songs three of which were quite spiritual. I cried and cried. We could tell she was giving it her all and was totally enjoying it. I snapped a quick pic before we left the center and the joy she was feeling is obvious in her beautiful smile.
As for me. I took a 4 miles walk today that was refreshing and now we're off to see Alvin and the Chipmunks.
Have great day!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:33 AM   #660  
Rennie

lovn
Glad your daughter enjoyed herself. Nice going on the walk.

Michele
Welcome. We love to have people here to chat with. You are more than welcome to come chat with us daily.

Clyde
Sounds like your daughter did very well.

Cat
Welcome
I do agree. Coming here and chatting. Coming here and telling everyone how things are going really makes a difference. I really think before I eat something or before I decided I am not going to exercise. Do I really want to tell everyone I have no will power at all and can't control what I do. It makes me think and stick to what I have planned for the day.
Closed Thread